NAS "Life Is Good" (Official discussion thread) Release date 07/17/12

Options

Comments

• gifted
    gifted Members Posts: 684 ✭✭✭
    Options
    To each his own, but I cant see how someone deletes Worlds an Addiction. It might be my favourite track amongst the ten or so flawless tracks.
  • A.J. Trillzynski
    A.J. Trillzynski Members Posts: 2,270 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2012
    Options
    gifted wrote: »
    To each his own, but I cant see how someone deletes Worlds an Addiction. It might be my favourite track amongst the ten or so flawless tracks.

Nas lyrically/flow was on point but I don't like the music - the strings and the whole classic ensemble is a bit slow, oversaturated and breaks up the album flow. I just feel the song is a bit too melodramatic and not feeling the chorus.

• A.J. Trillzynski
    edited September 2012
    Options
    SMH @Mumo_X Stop abusing the troll buttons because you reap feelings like a female on her period. Using the no-sign or wack button is sufficient if you disagree with an opinion.

• A.J. Trillzynski
    edited September 2012
    Options
    lol at the irony of saying Nas music ain't for mulattos while proudly repping a mulatto in your avatar.

just another confused teenager, i forgive you though.. what you need is to pay closer attention to Nas message against hate and ignorance because right now you got him all ? up.
  • deathrowzorrow
    deathrowzorrow Members Posts: 12,456 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • illedout
    illedout Members Posts: 8,194 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    @Mumo_X
    why U feeding the trolls??
    they gon' be hard to get rid of...

how ever if dude is serious and not trolling..
    he's entitled to his opinion..

my grand father use to say
    "opinions are like ? everybody got one"..

far as Im concerned Life Is Good is a classic album..
    and the possibility of nas winning a grammy for this album isnt very far fetched..

NAS THE GOAT...
  • illedout
    illedout Members Posts: 8,194 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Mumo_X wrote: »
    illedout wrote: »
    @Mumo_X
    why U feeding the trolls??
    they gon' be hard to get rid of...

how ever if dude is serious and not trolling..
    he's entitled to his opinion..

my grand father use to say
    "opinions are like ? everybody got one"..

far as Im concerned Life Is Good is a classic album..
    and the possibility of nas winning a grammy for this album isnt very far fetched..

NAS THE GOAT...

@illedout

Its these white troll i despise for tryna discredit Nas impact in the culture.

But i feel you, Life is Good is classic in my book too. All tracks are fire except SOS.

Nas will go down as GOAT when its all said and done. his only equal is Tupac Shakur
    @Mumo_X
    most them white boys only like the ignorant ? ? ..
    they think rappers like 2chains is fun and exciting..
    they dont want to hear a black man speak intelligently..

gotta ignore them, stop letting them get U off ya square..
  • DMTxTHC
    DMTxTHC Members Posts: 14,218 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2012
    Options
    LukeIsGood wrote: »
    Man I'm glad I was so busy when this came out. I haven't given it all that many spins so it's still fresh in September. I dunno about you guys, but I wasn't entirely sold on The Don when it dropped. Then I heard it follow Back When on the album and suddenly all was forgiven. The album as a whole makes me wonder where he's going next. I'd love for him to expand on these old school vibes, but then in this interview he said something like "who knows, my next record might be a commercial record." I don't think many of us buy NaS for his commercial ? though...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ddkVczNkiho

Good Post bruh

Altho i doubt at this point in his career Nas would adopt that commercial ass sound. Nas is comfortable makin music in his own lane. I'd love it if he would link up wit Premo for his next LP and craft only 10 songs
    @Mumo_X In 2009 that garbage ass song Lollipop won a grammy. On top of that it beat N.I.G.G.E.R. (The Slave and the Master)

? a Grammy.

@DMTxCannabis

Hallelujah fam. Untitled shoulda won that Grammy and N.I.G.G.E.R >>>>>>>>>>> LolliPOP

Im hopin that he finally wins it this time around. He deserves it

Word. And The Source gave LIG 4.5 Mics. Last album to get a review that good by The Source is GSNT by Saigon.
  • A.J. Trillzynski
    Options
    ya'll sound stupid with that troll ? just because I prefer to hear the album without 3 songs on repeat listens doesn't even diminish the quality of the album - stop being sensitive girls.

and lol at the ? white people only like ignorant ? comment - you don't even believe that. do i need to google pics of a Nas or a Wu crowd for you??
  • [Trillmatic]
    [Trillmatic] Members Posts: 3,531 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2012
    Options
    this ? Nas KILLED it @ Rock The Bells. Brought out Lauren Hill n she did like 4 joints by herself....show was crazy!!!!
  • blazn101
    blazn101 Members Posts: 818 ✭✭✭
    Options
  • [Trillmatic]
    [Trillmatic] Members Posts: 3,531 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    blazn101 wrote: »
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EdQxcvO9LsU

http://lockerz.com/s/240877673
    NaS and Mr. Scarface on the stage for 'Hip Hop!'

you were there too? that place was ROCKIN
  • buttuh_b
    buttuh_b Members Posts: 13,544 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    A11g7oiCMAAPEGK.jpg

I've been urging Face to do Rock The Bells forever. Maybe he'll finally do it next year.

And I hope Nas gets on a track with Face for his next album. They've been out of contact for too long.
  • buttuh_b
    Options
    Nasir Jones ‏@Nas
    We in Queensbridge right now blastin on HIP HOPI wish @BrotherMob was out here wit us. Realest hood in the world
  • oldhead77
    oldhead77 Members Posts: 862 ✭✭
    Options
    album of 2012 so far IMHO
  • qawshun
    qawshun Members Posts: 9,138 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    great album and all but i don't think the homie gonna see gold with this one. he not even at 300,000 and ross was at 371,000
    i was thought the album would do better

Hip Hop Album Sales: The Week Ending 9/2/2012
    #2. Slaughterhouse - welcome to: Our House - 52,000 (52,000)

#3. Trey Songz - Chapter V - 41,000 (177,000)

#7. 2 Chainz - Based On A T.R.U. Story - 29,000 (224,000)

#14. Rick Ross - ? Forgives, I Don't - 21,000 (371,000)

#17. DJ Khaled - Kiss The Ring - 15,000 (55,000)

#29. Dwele - Greater Than One - 11,000 (11,000)

#36. Nas - Life Is Good - 9,600 (281,000)

#134. CES Cru - 13 - 2,900 (2,900)

#169. Madchild - Dope Sick - 2,400 (2,400)

#185. Beanie Sigel - This Time - 2,100 (2,200)
  • buttuh_b
    Options
    They shoulda performed In Between Us and Favor for a Favor.

Damn gold is looking bleek right now. A little more than half way there. Hopefully Bye Baby and Cherry Wine videos give it a push.
  • rapmastermind
    rapmastermind Members Posts: 5,574 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2012
    Options
    It will crawl to Gold, sadly NaS just isn't getting the airplay to push is album to the masses. I will say this, this is the most singles and videos NaS has done for an album. Normally he releases 2, 3 singles at the most, he's past 4 now with "Cherrywine" about to drop too. So he's promoting hard but again NaS doesn't put out those pop singles like that. Like Hrap and somebody else said, there needs to be a new category, "Adult Contemporary Hip Hop" cause that's what NaS and a few other emcees are now. Look at 2 Chains, he has pop songs all over radio and he's not even doing must better than NaS who isn't getting that airplay. Ross also isn't doing that great the hype and promo he had. Hip Hop sales in general are Awful right now.
  • deathrowzorrow
    deathrowzorrow Members Posts: 12,456 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • shareef242
    shareef242 Members Posts: 186 ✭✭
    Options
    buttuh_b wrote: »

Damn gold is looking bleek right now. A little more than half way there. Hopefully Bye Baby and Cherry Wine videos give it a push.

It will be certified Gold by the end of the year or sometime in January. It will not soundscan Gold just like Untitled didnt. I believe Untitled has only Soundscan in the 470k range but it was certified Gold by the RIAA about 350k soundscan.
  • mdot
    mdot Members Posts: 4,368 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    It will crawl to Gold, sadly NaS just isn't getting the airplay to push is album to the masses. I will say this, this is the most singles and videos NaS has done for an album. Normally he releases 2, 3 singles at the most, he's past 4 now with "Cherrywine" about to drop too. So he's promoting hard but again NaS doesn't put out those pop singles like that. Like Hrap and somebody else said, there needs to be a new category, "Adult Contemporary Hip Hop" cause that's what NaS and a few other emcees are now. Look at 2 Chains, he has pop songs all over radio and he's not even doing must better than NaS who isn't getting that airplay. Ross also isn't doing that great the hype and promo he had. Hip Hop sales in general are Awful right now.

That's the thing too. The radio plays the same ? all the time and these cats don't even sell a bunch of records. It wouldn't hurt to play a couple of other artists on the radio.

Honestly if I didn't look at sales you'd think tyga went plat and j cole. They play the same damn songs over and over again it's a shame.

• qawshun
    qawshun Members Posts: 9,138 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    mdot wrote: »

That's the thing too. The radio plays the same ? all the time and these cats don't even sell a bunch of records. It wouldn't hurt to play a couple of other artists on the radio.

Honestly if I didn't look at sales you'd think tyga went plat and j cole. They play the same damn songs over and over again it's a shame.

ny radio is the worst, it's like if it's not ignorant it's not getting any burn
  • buttuh_b
    Options
    shareef242 wrote: »
    buttuh_b wrote: »

It will be certified Gold by the end of the year or sometime in January. It will not soundscan Gold just like Untitled didnt. I believe Untitled has only Soundscan in the 470k range but it was certified Gold by the RIAA about 350k soundscan.

Didn't Hip Hop is Dead get certified platinum by RIAA recently this year or am I buggin?