NAS "Life Is Good" (Official discussion thread) Release date 07/17/12

Options

Comments

• GeE-757
    GeE-757 Members Posts: 6,441
    Options
    DOPE@ NAS & FACE!
    n.mcfly wrote: »
    great album and all but i don't think the homie gonna see gold with this one. he not even at 300,000 and ross was at 371,000
    i was thought the album would do better

Hip Hop Album Sales: The Week Ending 9/2/2012
    #2. Slaughterhouse - welcome to: Our House - 52,000 (52,000)

#3. Trey Songz - Chapter V - 41,000 (177,000)

#7. 2 Chainz - Based On A T.R.U. Story - 29,000 (224,000)

#14. Rick Ross - ? Forgives, I Don't - 21,000 (371,000)

#17. DJ Khaled - Kiss The Ring - 15,000 (55,000)

#29. Dwele - Greater Than One - 11,000 (11,000)

#36. Nas - Life Is Good - 9,600 (281,000)

#134. CES Cru - 13 - 2,900 (2,900)

#169. Madchild - Dope Sick - 2,400 (2,400)

#185. Beanie Sigel - This Time - 2,100 (2,200)

smh@ 'slaugter' houseniggaz FLOOOOOOOPPER HOOOOOOUSE!...this is no h8 on nas by no meanz but i rememba alot of u clownz talkin about katz like ross & 2chainz wasnt gonna out sell nas & boy was yall wrong cuz ross is on wk4 & is basically @ 400k & thatz n a MONTH & 2chainz is all ready workin on 300k on his 3rd wk yall gotta salute that not h8!
    It will crawl to Gold, sadly NaS just isn't getting the airplay to push is album to the masses. I will say this, this is the most singles and videos NaS has done for an album. Normally he releases 2, 3 singles at the most, he's past 4 now with "Cherrywine" about to drop too. So he's promoting hard but again NaS doesn't put out those pop singles like that. Like Hrap and somebody else said, there needs to be a new category, "Adult Contemporary Hip Hop" cause that's what NaS and a few other emcees are now. Look at 2 Chains, he has pop songs all over radio and he's not even doing must better than NaS who isn't getting that airplay. Ross also isn't doing that great the hype and promo he had. Hip Hop sales in general are Awful right now.

ya n ny rite??? cuz u sound like a straighT H8R talkin about rozay & 2chainz aint sellin well when they both is outsellin nas & NAS IS DA FORMER PLATINUM artist fall back from talkin slick like that...cuz difference between nas & a rozay & 2chainz is they make CLUB/? BAR musik 2 nas does not make ? like that thatz y they got a bigger fanbase cuz they go past da HOOD & that is nas main fanbase.,.
  • illedout
    illedout Members Posts: 8,194 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Nas Goat status..
  • shareef242
    shareef242 Members Posts: 186 ✭✭
    Options
    buttuh_b wrote: »
    shareef242 wrote: »
    buttuh_b wrote: »
    They shoulda performed In Between Us and Favor for a Favor.

Damn gold is looking bleek right now. A little more than half way there. Hopefully Bye Baby and Cherry Wine videos give it a push.

It will be certified Gold by the end of the year or sometime in January. It will not soundscan Gold just like Untitled didnt. I believe Untitled has only Soundscan in the 470k range but it was certified Gold by the RIAA about 350k soundscan.

Didn't Hip Hop is Dead get certified platinum by RIAA recently this year or am I buggin?

RIAA website still has it just at Gold which is funny because I remember it Soundscan in the somewhere in the 800k range. Street Disciple Soundscan in the 750k range but it certified Platinum.
  • deathrowzorrow
    deathrowzorrow Members Posts: 12,456 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Life Is Good probably gonna go gold someday
  • mdot
    mdot Members Posts: 4,368 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Hopefully but it's a great album regardless of how many records it sells.
  • illedout
    illedout Members Posts: 8,194 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    mdot wrote: »
    mdot wrote: »

Hopefully but it's a great album regardless of how many records it sells.
    true...
  • DarthRozay
    DarthRozay Members Posts: 20,570 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    someone is mad that the almighty rozay and brotha deuce chainz got dissed.

lol @ calling SH flopperhouse when they sold almost as much as DJ "feature everyone on my album" khaled in a single week
  • GeE-757
    edited September 2012
    Options
    y is this male stalkin donkey cracka worried about wat a blk maLe poster postz??? ross & 2chainz is sellin well anybody sayin otherwize is h8n & flopper house was CHEATIN wit feminem & all they could sell da 1st wk was 50k cuz they suck & they fanbase is da fukin INTERNET!
  • DMTxTHC
    DMTxTHC Members Posts: 14,218 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2012
    Options
    I'm buggin. I read the last two posts and thought I was in that SH thread. I almost made a post about Joe Budden just now, lol.
  • GeE-757
    Options
    I'm buggin. I read the last two posts and thought I was in that SH thread. I almost made a post about Joe Budden just now, lol.

well u know how these male stalkin donkeyz is plus sum1 post;d up this wkz album sellz & katz want;d 2 h8 on 2chainz & ross & downplay they success.,.
  • DarthRozay
    DarthRozay Members Posts: 20,570 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    GeE-757 wrote: »

well u know how these male stalkin donkeyz is plus sum1 post;d up this wkz album sellz & katz want;d 2 h8 on 2chainz & ross & downplay they success.,.

translation: someone dissed my favorite rappers and I cried about it
  • GeE-757
    edited September 2012
    Options
    Mumo_X wrote: »
    ? record sales......

Nas music is eternal. His ? gon be bumped years from now unlike 95% of that list. LIFE IS GOOD = CLASSIC

7f919368.jpg

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

these are epitome of buffoonsssss

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LmZ5Muqyx8s&feature=related

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

2 chainzs and lil gayne's existence

I AGREE NOW ? SELLZ BUT AINT NO NY POSTER GONNA COME N HERR & TRY & DOWN PLAY ROSS & 2CHAINZ SUCCESS CUZ THAT IS JUST PURE H8 FA NUTTIN....CUZ ROSS IS DOIN GOOD FA A GOLD ARTIST & 2CHAINZ WASNT EVEN XPECTD 2 SELL OVA 100K DA 1ST WK ALL IM SAYIN IS LET THEM BROTHAZ COOK DONT H8 ON THEY SUCCESS CUZ THEY BOTH GOT DA STREETZ & CLUBZ ROCKIN...CUZ NAS IS DOIN HIS THANG STILL BEIN ABLE 2 SELL BASICALLLY RITE NOW 300K ON HIS 10TH ALBUM ROSS & 2CHAINZ PROBABLY WONT EVEN MAKE IT THAT FAR LOL.,.
  • VulcanRaven
    VulcanRaven Members Posts: 18,859 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Can't get past the first 3 songs without falling asleep. Bout to delete it off my iPod.
  • GeE-757
    edited September 2012
    Options
    Mumo_X wrote: »
    I hear you fam but these younger generation of emcees think that sales be everythin even when they music is garbage. all im sayin is these new cats shouldnt even be mentioned anywhere near Nas, that in itself is a disgrace and sacrilegous. Nas jus cemented that GOAT spot with his latest release meanwhile these new cats from the south are gon be extinct after 2 years. we as fans should chastise any rapper that crafts fast food music (garbage), they should be called out whether they got the streets on lock or not..... Hiphop is on its deathbed and these dudes from the south contributed heavily.

I HEAR YA BUT DA SELLZ TALK START;D WHEN A NY POSTER CAME N HERR TRYNA DOWN PLAY ROSS & 2CHAINZ SUCCESS! & HIPHOP IS DEAD WHEN WE GOT BLK RAPPERZ SCARED 2 DISS A CRACKA RAPPER CUZ THEY DONT WANNA LOSE THEY WHITE FANBASE!
  • High Revolutionary
    High Revolutionary Members Posts: 3,729 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Cherry Wine should have been a single before the album dropped.
  • rip.dilla
    rip.dilla Members Posts: 17,412 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • BobOblah
    BobOblah Members Posts: 9,324 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Nas and Lauryn Hill are going on tour.

(AllHipHop) Nas and Lauryn Hill will hit the road together for the “Life is Good/Black Rage” tour, which will kick off this October.

The 18-date tour will kickoff October 6 in Columbia, Maryland and will wind down December 31 at Radio City Music Hall in New York.

The tour takes its name from Nas’ latest #1 album Life is Good, as well as Lauryn Hill’s upcoming single “Black Rage,” which is due out this Fall.

“I use the performance platform as an opportunity to express the energy of that moment, and the intention behind it,” Lauryn Hill said in a press release. “I’ve been a long-standing rebel against the stale, over commoditization. As artists we have opportunity to help the public evolve, raise consciousness and awareness, teach, heal, enlighten and inspire in ways the democratic process may not be able to touch. So we keep it moving.”

This is the first time Nas and Lauryn Hill have toured together as a package, since the release of their hit collaborative single “If I Ruled the World,” from Nas’ 1996 album It Was Written.

“This is history,” Nas said. “Better late than never. Life is good!”

Check out the tour dates below:

October 6th Columbia, MD Merriweather Post Pavilion (NAS ONLY)

October 20th Phoenix, AZ Arizona State Fairgrounds (NAS ONLY)

October 26th Asheville, NC MOOG Festival (NAS ONLY)

October 27th Nashville, TN Riverfront Park (NAS ONLY)

October 28th New Orleans, LA Voodoo Festival (NAS ONLY)

October 29thDallas, TX Palladium Ballroom

October 31stHouston, TX Bayou Music Center

November 2ndAtlanta, GA Tabernacle

November 3rd Norfolk, VA NorVa Theatre (NAS ONLY)

November 4thWashington, DC DAR Constitution Hall

November 7thPhiladelphia, PA Electric Factory

November 9th Rochester, NY Main Street Armory(NAS ONLY)

November 11thBoston, MA House of Blues

November 14th Chicago, IL Congress Theatre

November 16th Denver, CO Fillmore Auditorium

November 17th Magna, UT Salt Air

November 19thOakland, CA Fox Oakland Theater

December 31st New York, NY Radio City Music Hall (NAS ONLY)
  • qawshun
    qawshun Members Posts: 9,138 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I'm a nas fan to the fullest but his sales are disrespectful. it's obvious that the genre doesn't support anymore. I can't wait to see how many units jay move. No hate towards ross or 2chains on their success. I mean i didn't buy either one of their albums and i'm not even gonna give 2 chains a chance. Hopefully we get that lost tapes buy next summer
  • blazn101
    blazn101 Members Posts: 818 ✭✭✭
    Options

Queens story video comeing soon..

Can't wait for this video.. i think this is the most vids Nas has done for an album.
  • BobOblah
    BobOblah Members Posts: 9,324 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2012
    Options
    blazn101 wrote: »

Queens story video comeing soon..

Can't wait for this video.. i think this is the most vids Nas has done for an album.

is the Cherry Wine video even out yet?
  • DMTxTHC
    DMTxTHC Members Posts: 14,218 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I'm seriously considering going to that concert on the 31st.
  • FyHunnit
    FyHunnit Members, Writer Posts: 9,699 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    This album just clinched a top 5 AOTY nod for me. Might fall at #3 or #4
  • rip.dilla
    rip.dilla Members Posts: 17,412 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    A 'Queens Story' vid?

:D
  • 50/50
    50/50 Members Posts: 43
    Options
    Cherry Wine, Locomotive, & Queens Story videos? Ha Ha, yeah, lets go NaS.

nas-o.gif

Locomotive? is it confirmed?