Options
    Nas Lost.

Lost in what?
  • deathrowzorrow
    deathrowzorrow Members Posts: 12,456 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2011
    Options
    Lost in what?

It dosent seems like the IC loves Nas. My Jeezy thread about his new album went 3x platinum
  • deathrowzorrow
    edited May 2011
    Options
    lol @ people expecting Nas to a Blueprint 3 type of album

Wayne top 3 D.O.A
  • qawshun
    qawshun Members Posts: 9,138 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2011
    Options
    he's not gonna stick with that title tho but edaway he needs to hurry up and drop
  • peacetothereal1
    peacetothereal1 Members Posts: 138
    edited May 2011
    Options
    Why am I not really impressed? Nas used to be my favorite m.c. Smh.
  • deathrowzorrow
    edited May 2011
    Options
    n.mcfly wrote: »
    he's not gonna stick with that title tho but edaway he needs to hurry up and drop

u mean that he gonna change the title?
  • deathrowzorrow
    edited May 2011
    Options
    Why am I not really impressed? Nas used to be my favorite m.c. Smh.

so when was nas your favorite rapper?
  • DMTxTHC
    DMTxTHC Members Posts: 14,218 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2011
    Options
    u mean that he gonna change the title?

Yes, because it happened before...

Nas' 2008 album 'Untitled' was originally meant to be titled '? '; but he wasn't able to use that title, hence the inspiration of 'The ? Tape' (a mixtape that was released around the time the album was released)...
  • peacetothereal1
    edited May 2011
    Options
    so when was nas your favorite rapper?

Nas has really always been my favorite rapper. I was 14 when illmatic dropped and I used to listen to it when I went to sleep at night...it got me through a lot of ? ...just the beat from the world is yours alone used to put me in a thinking mood and then came the lyrics. I have bought every Nas album besides the ? album. I mean...it shouldn't be a surprise to you that Nas is anyone's favorite m.c. he was most people's favorite m.c. cuz he was the coldest. But dude lost somethin after ? 's Son honestly. On Streets Disciple he put a lot of ? filler on their just to sell a double album when he could have made the album a classic by pulling all the garbage off the album (the ? is a suicide bounce?). Maybe i'm being too critical, but shouldn't you hold the "greatest" to a higher standard? Then he dropped hip hop is dead...besides hold down the block...mastermind...dreamin and can't forget about you (hip hop is dead was theifs theme sped up ... come on Nas...) I don't remember ? from that album. That's FOUR TRACKS. ? ...man I don't even wanna talk about that...maybe four or five...I don't give a ? about fox news...that's some white people ? ...? don't watch fox news and I don't give a ? what they think about us or what they put out there. They only put out what their racist audience wants to see...so miss me with that ? , then the protest... CORN BALL! So now Nas is coming out with an album called Life is good and I'm not excited. I'll listen to it...but he came with two duds (by Nas STANDARDS) and I'm going to wait and see if he's motivated this time around. You should too.
  • DMTxTHC
    DMTxTHC Members Posts: 14,218 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2011
    Options
    Nas has really always been my favorite rapper. I was 14 when illmatic dropped and I used to listen to it when I went to sleep at night...it got me through a lot of ? ...just the beat from the world is yours alone used to put me in a thinking mood and then came the lyrics. I have bought every Nas album besides the ? album. I mean...it shouldn't be a surprise to you that Nas is anyone's favorite m.c. he was most people's favorite m.c. cuz he was the coldest. But dude lost somethin after ? 's Son honestly. On Streets Disciple he put a lot of ? filler on their just to sell a double album when he could have made the album a classic by pulling all the garbage off the album (the ? is a suicide bounce?). Maybe i'm being too critical, but shouldn't you hold the "greatest" to a higher standard? Then he dropped hip hop is dead...besides hold down the block...mastermind...dreamin and can't forget about you (hip hop is dead was theifs theme sped up ... come on Nas...) I don't remember ? from that album. That's FOUR TRACKS. ? ...man I don't even wanna talk about that...maybe four or five...I don't give a ? about fox news...that's some white people ? ...? don't watch fox news and I don't give a ? what they think about us or what they put out there. They only put out what their racist audience wants to see...so miss me with that ? , then the protest... CORN BALL! So now Nas is coming out with an album called Life is good and I'm not excited. I'll listen to it...but he came with two duds (by Nas STANDARDS) and I'm going to wait and see if he's motivated this time around. You should too.

I agree, but Sly Fox as well as that whole album is my ? ...and you're right Black Folks doesn't usually watch (and shouldn't watch) Fox news, but what's wrong with shedding light on how the biggest news station shovels dirt on your people and your culture with filthy propaganda?...being that we might not know, because we don't usually watch it
  • peacetothereal1
    edited May 2011
    Options
    I agree, but Sly Fox as well as that whole album is my ? ...and you're right Black Folks doesn't usually watch (and shouldn't watch) Fox news, but what's wrong with shedding light on how the biggest news station shovels dirt on your people and your culture with filthy propaganda?...being that we might not know, because we don't usually watch it

I can hear that argument. Nas might have just wanted to shine light on it...I just feel like ? a fox news. Yo.... Nas has definately taken a step down though.
  • illogics
    illogics Members Posts: 2,481 ✭✭✭
    edited May 2011
    Options

Fam, ? the album title. Did you actually read? He said he bringin Esco back. That should be enough.
  • peacetothereal1
    edited May 2011
    Options
    illogics wrote: »
    Fam, ? the album title. Did you actually read? He said he bringin Esco back. That should be enough.

Aight...we will see.
  • Stew
    Stew Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 52,234 Regulator
    edited May 2011
    Options
    I can hear that argument. Nas might have just wanted to shine light on it...I just feel like ? a fox news. Yo.... Nas has definately taken a step down though.

Mos def just like every other rapper who ages. Literally every rapper and still Nas>>>Rakim
  • georgia boi
    georgia boi Members Posts: 3,359 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2011
    Options
    Being that his last two album titles were controversial and were pretty complex, it's natural that this one is safe and simple. I'm looking forward to it.
  • buttuh_b
    buttuh_b Members Posts: 13,544 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2011
    Options
    It's safe and simple but yall know Nas can do so much with it. Like listen to the first 2 tracks off Untitled.. his music creativity is unmatched. He said it's gonna be something new and fresh.
  • georgia boi
    georgia boi Members Posts: 3,359 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2011
    Options
    buttuh_b wrote: »
    It's safe and simple but yall know Nas can do so much with it. Like listen to the first 2 tracks off Untitled.. his music creativity is unmatched. He said it's gonna be something new and fresh.

I'm thinking that the content and lyrics won't reflect the title. I could be wrong but I think that the title will be a play off how everyone thinks "Life Is Good" on the surface, but underneath it all is the turmoil and pain that come with the "good life". I think Nas's lyrics will reflect the dark side of the "good life".
  • buttuh_b
    buttuh_b Members Posts: 13,544 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2011
    Options
    I'm thinking that the content and lyrics won't reflect the title. I could be wrong but I think that the title will be a play off how everyone thinks "Life Is Good" on the surface, but underneath it all is the turmoil and pain that come with the "good life". I think Nas's lyrics will reflect the dark side of the "good life".

Ding ding you hit the nail on the head. I'm thinking the same thing. Except I think it will have both sides.. positive and negative.
  • Mumo X
    Mumo X Banned Users Posts: 4,521 ✭✭
    edited May 2011
    Options
    Whatever Nas puts out is a bonus now Imo. He cemented that GOAT Status after he recorded Distant Relatives. Im not lookin for Nas to try and relive the 90s glory, he should feature Amy winehouse,Jay Elec,Damian,dead prez maybe common. Definately gon cope it
  • Knightryder
    Knightryder Members Posts: 2,098 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2011
    Options
    Jayz should name his next album Life is Good

i dont know about nas though....that ? life been put out on front street,
    from kelis ? him,
    to him owing uncle sam,
    down to def jam not having any respect for him

? should name his album "still struggling"
  • will blax
    will blax Members Posts: 539 ✭✭
    edited May 2011
    Options
    i ? with nas, im looking forward to this

http://youtu.be/Sbo7vad5BV0
  • Hip-Hop One
    Hip-Hop One Members Posts: 703 ✭✭✭
    edited May 2011
    Options
    Now that it has a title maybe we can expect some tracks or snippets...looking forward to it.
  • deathrowzorrow
    edited May 2011
    Options

Well written. !!!
  • deathrowzorrow
    edited May 2011
    Options
    Yes, because it happened before...

Nas' 2008 album 'Untitled' was originally meant to be titled '? '; but he wasn't able to use that title, hence the inspiration of 'The ? Tape' (a mixtape that was released around the time the album was released)...

Its because that name was illegal. Who said that Life Is Good is illegal?
  • deathrowzorrow
    edited May 2011
    Options