My ? ' Havoc is a GOAT producer
  • DMTxTHC
    DMTxTHC Members Posts: 14,218 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2011
    Options
    buttuh_b wrote: »
    What yall think about this duns???

Picture1-1.png

I think it's perfect, and he get's Primo's production then it might resurrect feelings of better times

I'm dying to hear him over Just Blaze though
  • georgia boi
    georgia boi Members Posts: 3,359 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2011
    Options
    Mods should make this the official thread for Nas's new album. Here's more details:

http://www.mtv.com/news/articles/1665118/nas-life-is-good.jhtml

Nas Says Life Is Good Will Be Music For 'Survivors'
    'It's crazy how a phrase like that can change somebody's mentality,' Esco says about album title's good vibes.
    By Rob Markman

Nas is living the good life. After the Queensbridge MC revealed the title of his 10th studio album over the weekend, he caught up with DJ Envy of MTV's Sucker Free and dropped more details about Life Is Good.

"Life is also good; the moment you think it ain't good, it's over," Nas said.

With his 1994 debut album, titled Illmatic, Nas introduced new slang; he sparked debate with his 2006 album title, Hip Hop Is Dead; and then he started a whirlwind of controversy when he first proposed to name his 2008 LP N
    . And for this upcoming project, Nas said the title has meaning too, a reflection of his positive outlook on life.

"Look at the life we're in, look at the world we're in — I just think people need to realize the blessings. Let's stop worrying about the dark side," he said. "The end result is life is good, and it's crazy how a phrase like that can change somebody's mentality."

Nas even revealed the name of the album's first single, "Nasty," which is a play on his original moniker, Nasty Nas. Still, even though he's giving a nod to his lyrical beginnings, the rapper promises that the track will fit the times. "We ain't going backwards, we're staying forward though," he said.

Life Is Good isn't finished (Nas said it's "almost there"), but it will be a very personal work. Nas insisted he won't shy away from addressing what he's been through in the past few years, including his divorce from singer Kelis.

"This album is just a piece of my blood, flesh and bones. This album right here is like — this is the one. They all are the ones, I love all my joints, but this one right here is, 'Life is good.' I'm letting a lot go on this. I'm happy that I'm here, man. I'm just a survivor and I look at a lot of us as survivors," he said. "Everything is addressed; it's all life. No matter what, at the end of the day, everything is a blessing. I'm a learner, I learn from my experiences."

And it's all good.
  • andre_1024
    andre_1024 Members Posts: 2,491 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2011
    Options
    I'm sure it'll be dope..
  • colton
    colton Members Posts: 531 ✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2011
    Options
    I'm definitely checking this one out for sure
  • buttuh_b
    buttuh_b Members Posts: 13,544 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2011
    Options
    Mods should make this the official thread for Nas's new album. Here's more details:

http://www.mtv.com/news/articles/1665118/nas-life-is-good.jhtml

Nas Says Life Is Good Will Be Music For 'Survivors'
    'It's crazy how a phrase like that can change somebody's mentality,' Esco says about album title's good vibes.
    By Rob Markman

Nas is living the good life. After the Queensbridge MC revealed the title of his 10th studio album over the weekend, he caught up with DJ Envy of MTV's Sucker Free and dropped more details about Life Is Good.

"Life is also good; the moment you think it ain't good, it's over," Nas said.

With his 1994 debut album, titled Illmatic, Nas introduced new slang; he sparked debate with his 2006 album title, Hip Hop Is Dead; and then he started a whirlwind of controversy when he first proposed to name his 2008 LP N
    . And for this upcoming project, Nas said the title has meaning too, a reflection of his positive outlook on life.

"Look at the life we're in, look at the world we're in — I just think people need to realize the blessings. Let's stop worrying about the dark side," he said. "The end result is life is good, and it's crazy how a phrase like that can change somebody's mentality."

Nas even revealed the name of the album's first single, "Nasty," which is a play on his original moniker, Nasty Nas. Still, even though he's giving a nod to his lyrical beginnings, the rapper promises that the track will fit the times. "We ain't going backwards, we're staying forward though," he said.

Life Is Good isn't finished (Nas said it's "almost there"), but it will be a very personal work. Nas insisted he won't shy away from addressing what he's been through in the past few years, including his divorce from singer Kelis.

"This album is just a piece of my blood, flesh and bones. This album right here is like — this is the one. They all are the ones, I love all my joints, but this one right here is, 'Life is good.' I'm letting a lot go on this. I'm happy that I'm here, man. I'm just a survivor and I look at a lot of us as survivors," he said. "Everything is addressed; it's all life. No matter what, at the end of the day, everything is a blessing. I'm a learner, I learn from my experiences."

And it's all good.

Hmmm... As I expected.

Sounds like he's taking a chance musically with this one. When it says "fit the times" it sounds a bit shakey cuz most new music isn't the greatest but we'll have to see. Can't wait to hear the single.

Premier, Pete Rock, and AZ are performing with him at Rock the Bells this summer so hopefully something comes out of that.
  • buttuh_b
    buttuh_b Members Posts: 13,544 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2011
    Options
    Terrible quality snippet of "Nasty".

Buttuh is on his job stannin. Yall heard it from me first.

http://www.hulkshare.com/zv41z2oafn4x/

He sounds like he's going in!

Also.. he just did a free concert in NYC on Friday.

Funny.. I just ordered a navy blue adidas track suit and white/navy shell toes the other day. Clean fit and clean performance.

DSC_0014-199x300.jpg
  • Mumo X
    Mumo X Banned Users Posts: 4,521 ✭✭
    edited June 2011
    Options
    Im on "Ghetto Prisoners"- Nas spot as the GOAT is cemented. He dont need to release another album. His catalogue wil never be matchd and no rap artist has shown musical growth like Olu Dara.
  • FyHunnit
    FyHunnit Members, Writer Posts: 9,699 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2011
    Options
    Terrible quality snippet of "Nasty".

Buttuh is on his job stannin. Yall heard it from me first.

http://www.hulkshare.com/zv41z2oafn4x/

Dammmmmn!

I think this album might exceed all expectations, real talk
  • DetroitBoi313
    DetroitBoi313 Members Posts: 1,591 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2011
    Options
    Nasty Nas. Got a feeling he about to drop a good album. I hope he got a track for the streets.
  • ustreet_monsta
    ustreet_monsta Members Posts: 2,536 ✭✭✭
    edited June 2011
    Options
    Looking forward to this album.

I like the fact that Nas has had a different style and feel for all his albums since Stillmatic. Hope he keeps it up and continues to go left while everybody else is going right.
  • rip.dilla
    rip.dilla Members Posts: 17,412 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2011
    Options
    That album should be (un)titled...

WATCH THE THRONE.
  • Mumo X
    edited June 2011
    Options
    Nas needs to get Just Blaze,Ye & Alc but whatever direction he chooses for this album ima support him and cope. 19 years later, 6 Classics deep and chasin his 7th, Nas stil the best lyricist that ever blessed the mic....
  • G Mack
    G Mack Members Posts: 6,255 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2011
    Options
    **patiently waits***
  • Igot5onit
    Igot5onit Members Posts: 1,433 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2011
    Options
    That snippet got me hype as ? !
  • Mumo X
    edited June 2011
    Options
    Escobar season has returned
  • clairvoyance
    clairvoyance Members Posts: 2,751 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2011
    Options
    Life is good interview...........

can I get another link 4 that snippet cause its not playing on my phone
  • DMTxTHC
    DMTxTHC Members Posts: 14,218 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2011
    Options
    What yall think about this duns???

Picture1-1.png
    I think it's perfect, and he get's Primo's production then it might resurrect feelings of better times

I'm dying to hear him over Just Blaze though
    Mumo X wrote: »
    Nas needs to get Just Blaze,Ye & Alc but whatever direction he chooses for this album ima support him and cope. 19 years later, 6 Classics deep and chasin his 7th, Nas stil the best lyricist that ever blessed the mic....

• TrueGodHS
    TrueGodHS Members Posts: 2,670 ✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2011
    Options
    Havoc and Premo w/ Pete Rock alongside Salaam Remi soulful beats would be some classic ? ..
  • 5th Letter
    5th Letter Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 37,068 Regulator
    edited June 2011
    Options
    i'll be checking for this hopefully we get beats from q tip, primo, pete rock, 9th wonder, justice league, rza and kanye
  • BobOblah
    BobOblah Members Posts: 9,324 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2011
    Options
    Life is good interview...........

can I get another link 4 that snippet cause its not playing on my phone

sounds like he's got his head in the right place for this one
  • qawshun
    qawshun Members Posts: 9,138 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2011
    Options
    he must've been on beast mode in the booth cause i coud've sworn dude said he didn't even start recording yet now it's almost done ? edaway i'm coppin
  • georgia boi
    georgia boi Members Posts: 3,359 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2011
    Options
    n.mcfly wrote: »
    he must've been on beast mode in the booth cause i coud've sworn dude said he didn't even start recording yet now it's almost done ? edaway i'm coppin

Nas could drop the album next week. Dude has been on and off with this album since '09. There's the stuff he did when Q-Tip said he was the executive producer for the album back in '09 and early last year before Nas had a solid title. Then there's the stuff he did with Salaam Remi which he stated in an interview earlier this year. Then there's the newly recorded stuff that he did for the scrapped Lost Tapes 2 which inlcudes Pete Rock and Buckwild productions. That's not even mentioning the stuff he did with the Mobb since P came home that we haven't even heard yet.
  • deathrowzorrow
    deathrowzorrow Members Posts: 12,456 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2011
    Options
    Good News. Nice to see that the site works again.