NAS "Life Is Good" (Official discussion thread) Release date 07/17/12

Options

Comments

• JDSTAYWITIT
    JDSTAYWITIT Members Posts: 12,910 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    nash seemed like a dude that would bang some nas records in the whip too .....id be weak pullin up to nash and catch him playing that loco motive loud as ? ...
  • Jabu_Rule
    Jabu_Rule Members Posts: 5,993 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2012
    Options
    FuriousOne wrote: »
    Seems you wack ? would rather a generic mmg beat then some real layered instrumentation and genuine genre bending from jazz to classical with a 90's feel. This is for real lovers of music stuck in the 90's.

who the ? is talking about mmg? lol .... ya'll ? need to chill out with them straw-men arguments..... whats "trapped in the 90's" about summer on smash? thats for the reallllllllllll music lovers righ? ....c'mon son son...stop it

That's the only song you gonna go in on? One as song doesn't take away from my statement. I mentioned MMG because that's the type of beats everybody rhyming on these days.

i dont need to bring up any other songs ...you tried to play like this ? ... is a magnum opus of musical experience ...and that only those with a keen ear tuned to the sounds of vintage 90's music could appreciate ..yet this album has some wack ass ? like that on it?? ...nah ...your facts are backwards .... it dont take no aficionado to see this joint is ...mehhh ...so-so .... and again ...who cares about a mmg? ...oh maybe nas ..seeing as how he got ross on the damn album and all...

I didn't play like anything bro. i meant what i said. And you adding too many extra statements to what i said. Nobody claimed magnus opus but it is a dope album. But you been on here acting like nobody supposed to like the album. You sound like a anti-stand. I stated my opinion. You the ones unimpressed with the beats and obviously don't like the classic sound so i threw out an example of what yall wanna hear.. You mad?

you threw out a wack ass generalization .... very stan like .... you then tried to elevate your musical taste above anyone who'd dare disagree ...again highly stannish ....that type of ? .... its funny to me ... i said i hope this record grows on me ... why would i act like nobody is supposed to like it? ... i just commented on a couple posters who as always go overboard with terrible comparisons ... and overstatements ..... such as yourself ..... no need to be mad ..this is good hiphop conversation

So we not supposed to make comparisons now? ? in here comparing WTT. And so what if what i said was general. If it fits, wear it. You sound like you don't like people going in on MMG. Where did i say people shouldn't have a differing opinions? People made statements about not wanting to hear soft, old school music and hated on the album so i shouted them out. So what if I called MMG music generic. If all the songs are basic and expected and has a sound that everyone is using to death, then i label it generic. Mentioning genres has nothing to do with elevating my opinion above others, other then to mention what Nas crafted here and why i find it dope. You sound very anti-stan trying extra hard to hate on this album beyond your own opinion to the point of trying to invalidate the opinion of others.
  • buttuh_b
    buttuh_b Members Posts: 13,544 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Nas brought Steve Nash out at Rock The Bells in NY last year.

Nash also got a lap dance from Nicki Minaj on stage when Young Money came on tour to Phoenix. Even though Jason Richardson ? his wife like how Jay ? Carmen, Nash won in the end because he's a Laker now and his new girl is a dime just like Nas pulling Zoe Saldana.

LIFE IS GOOD!!
  • buttuh_b
    Options
    Nas-and-Zoe-Saldana.jpg

Nas got some birthday ? from Zoe for his 38th.

His 40th birthday is gon be epic. All the e-Bravehearts gotta come. Nas dropping another classic album September 14th, 2013!
  • BobOblah
    BobOblah Members Posts: 9,324 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2012
    Options
    Notches wrote: »
    Lol this is the most overhyped album in years. It's a 3.5/5 at best. It's a great hiphop album in 2012, but it's nowhere near classic. All the Nas stans are quick to scream "Classic" but in reality, it's not.

There's really not ONE good hook by Nas on the entire album, and I DARE anyone to challenge this. The only decent one is on Daughters. Rick Ross has an ok verse but sounds way out of place on the album. The Mary J track is ok, but like it's been stated, 1000 other people have rapped over this beat before.

Another thing I don't like is Nas' whole fake image

There's alot of good tracks but there's also alot of filler. The bonus tracks are good but only upon the first 4-5 listens, then they have zero replay value.

Also, Nas' flow is the SAME on freaking every song just about. It's like Jadakiss 2.0, but imo Jadakiss makes things more entertaining.

In the end, it's not better then Recovery, Watch the Throne, or any top album by a top 5 GOAT released in the past few years. It IS however, Nas' best album since ? 's Son.

lol

try again
  • JDSTAYWITIT
    Options
    Seems you wack ? would rather a generic mmg beat then some real layered instrumentation and genuine genre bending from jazz to classical with a 90's feel. This is for real lovers of music stuck in the 90's.

who the ? is talking about mmg? lol .... ya'll ? need to chill out with them straw-men arguments..... whats "trapped in the 90's" about summer on smash? thats for the reallllllllllll music lovers righ? ....c'mon son son...stop it

That's the only song you gonna go in on? One as song doesn't take away from my statement. I mentioned MMG because that's the type of beats everybody rhyming on these days.

i dont need to bring up any other songs ...you tried to play like this ? ... is a magnum opus of musical experience ...and that only those with a keen ear tuned to the sounds of vintage 90's music could appreciate ..yet this album has some wack ass ? like that on it?? ...nah ...your facts are backwards .... it dont take no aficionado to see this joint is ...mehhh ...so-so .... and again ...who cares about a mmg? ...oh maybe nas ..seeing as how he got ross on the damn album and all...

I didn't play like anything bro. i meant what i said. And you adding too many extra statements to what i said. Nobody claimed magnus opus but it is a dope album. But you been on here acting like nobody supposed to like the album. You sound like a anti-stand. I stated my opinion. You the ones unimpressed with the beats and obviously don't like the classic sound so i threw out an example of what yall wanna hear.. You mad?

you threw out a wack ass generalization .... very stan like .... you then tried to elevate your musical taste above anyone who'd dare disagree ...again highly stannish ....that type of ? .... its funny to me ... i said i hope this record grows on me ... why would i act like nobody is supposed to like it? ... i just commented on a couple posters who as always go overboard with terrible comparisons ... and overstatements ..... such as yourself ..... no need to be mad ..this is good hiphop conversation

So we not supposed to make comparisons now? ? in here comparing WTT. And so what if what i said was general. If it fits, wear it. You sound like you don't like people going in on MMG. Where did i say people shouldn't have a differing opinions? People made statements about not wanting to hear soft, old school music and hated on the album so i shouted them out. So what if I called MMG music generic. If all the songs are basic and expected and has a sound that everyone is using to death, then i label it generic. Mentioning genres has nothing to do with elevating my opinion above others, other then to mention what Nas crafted here and why i find it dope. You sound very anti-stan trying extra hard to hate on this album beyond your own opinion to the point of trying to invalidate the opinion of others.

lol.... alright killer .... we obviously have one of these situations happening ...

CIMG1054.JPG.jpg
  • BobOblah
    Options
    honestly man ........... this ? is mad average ...... im really saddened too cos i thought this was gonna be the hot ? for the summer .....but.... i just cant get jiggy to this joint like i want bruhs ..... i tried to make myself dig it but its not happening.... im mean .... i see people going on about the instrumentation and whatnot ..but the instrumentation is all over the place ... theres no finess ..just random strings and horns on some of these tracks remind me of a boxer stumbling around the ring throwing wild punches in hopes one haymaker will connect ... i mean listen to a queens story ...... wtf is goin on in that beat? cant rock with that ....the rest of the album is hit or miss.... this ? is just too soft... im sorry if i wanted to listen to an 80's quiet storm album i'd go cop me a s.o.s band record ...or some anita baker ....some luther..... im just shocked .... and dont even get me started on that damn ? summer on smash.... that ? ? got my head on shake... overall its not terrible ..nas is spitting and when the album hits its high points those highs are amazing ...but overall ...im giving it a 3/5 ...hopefully this will grow on me

Dope

No Intro
    Loco-Motive
    Daughters
    Worlds An Addiction
    Back When
    The Don
    Stay
    Bye Baby

Everything else is just meh.....

definitely disagree with this. To me the production is fire and the beats compliment each other and work well together.
  • BobOblah
    edited July 2012
    Options
    2nd listen... this is a great album.
  • buttuh_b
    Options
    This album will separate the true music listeners from casual rap fans. I can already tell.
  • JDSTAYWITIT
    Options
    buttuh_b wrote: »
    This album will separate the true music listeners from casual rap fans. I can already tell.

see ......this is that overstated ? im talking about ....like how do you work out this rationale? .... like ..."oh..if a ? aint jammin that cherry wine in the whip he clearly dont know music! son"... lol c'mon B........
  • buttuh_b
    Options

see ......this is that overstated ? im talking about ....like how do you work out this rationale? .... like ..."oh..if a ? aint jammin that cherry wine in the whip he clearly dont know music! son"... lol c'mon B........

If people are complaining about how it's too musical that shows you how versatile their taste is.
  • JDSTAYWITIT
    Options

If people are complaining about how it's too musical that shows you how versatile their taste is.

"musical" does not = quality ........understand that bruh .... a ? can have a thousand piece orchestra on a track ... that in itself doesn't mean its going to be a good record...
  • Tommy bilfiger
    Tommy bilfiger Members Posts: 22,675 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2012
    Options
    honestly man ........... this ? is mad average ...... im really saddened too cos i thought this was gonna be the hot ? for the summer .....but.... i just cant get jiggy to this joint like i want bruhs ..... i tried to make myself dig it but its not happening.... im mean .... i see people going on about the instrumentation and whatnot ..but the instrumentation is all over the place ... theres no finess ..just random strings and horns on some of these tracks remind me of a boxer stumbling around the ring throwing wild punches in hopes one haymaker will connect ... i mean listen to a queens story ...... wtf is goin on in that beat? cant rock with that ....the rest of the album is hit or miss.... this ? is just too soft... im sorry if i wanted to listen to an 80's quiet storm album i'd go cop me a s.o.s band record ...or some anita baker ....some luther..... im just shocked .... and dont even get me started on that damn ? summer on smash.... that ? ? got my head on shake... overall its not terrible ..nas is spitting and when the album hits its high points those highs are amazing ...but overall ...im giving it a 3/5 ...hopefully this will grow on me

Dope

No Intro
    Loco-Motive
    Daughters
    Worlds An Addiction
    Back When
    The Don
    Stay
    Bye Baby

Everything else is just meh.....

Good Objective post

These nasir groupies of course will act like this is the greatest thing ever thats what dickriders do

your analysis is accurate and the same thing I said
    Lol this is the most overhyped album in years. It's a 3.5/5 at best. It's a great hiphop album in 2012, but it's nowhere near classic. All the Nas stans are quick to scream "Classic" but in reality, it's not.

There's alot of good tracks but there's also alot of filler. The bonus tracks are good but only upon the first 4-5 listens, then they have zero replay value.

In the end, it's not better then Watch the Throne

Another good objective post

Cosign

• Tommy bilfiger
    edited July 2012
    Options
    Nas-and-Zoe-Saldana.jpg

Nas got some birthday ? from Zoe for his 38th.

His 40th birthday is gon be epic. All the e-Bravehearts gotta come. Nas dropping another classic album September 14th, 2013!

See this is where reckless groupie tactics go overboard

Zoe saldana and her FIANCEE was at that same building at a fundraiser and stopped by nasir's b day party

stop lyin

• its....JOHN B
    its....JOHN B Members Posts: 19,830 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    ^^
    Zoe Saldana
    Halle Berry
    Beyonce
    threesome with Kelis and Claudette Ortiz
    The list goes on...
  • JDSTAYWITIT
    Options

Good Objective post

These nasir groupies of course will act like this is the greatest thing ever thats what dickriders do

your analysis is accurate and the same thing I said

i mean it is what it is ...i cant sit here and front ....

you didnt feel "back when" ...that ? was nice .... he spazzed on that second verse ...

"To call them fake today is hate, real ? extinct
    Pac left me inside a rap world with ? that's weak
    And other rappers, undercover ? spit every way
    Won't be surprised if all their rides have federal plates
    Let alone their wardrobes are Studio 4 flow
    It was real when I appeared, it would've been some jaws broke
    Nas, my real name, stage name, same thing
    How could you let these lames claim king? I'm so ashamed, man
    I light a L for Vernon, for ? who would burn in Hell
    For Vernon; 10th Street, 12th Street, Nightmare on Elm Street
    Pimps creep, delve deep inside the editorials
    Of the ghetto queens, kings, stories true
    Who possesses the testicular fortitude
    To blow away myths that's a hindrance to all of you?
    You blame your own shortcomings on section, race
    The mafia, homosexuals and all the Jews
    It's hogwash point of views, stereotypical
    Anti-Semitic like the foul words Gibson spewed
    And it's pathetic, I don't get the credit I deserve
    That's why I hate doing interviews
    But I don't sweat it, study long, study raw
    My man Deon said "Nas over-think the songs he writing"
    I'm not a wack performer standing behind a corny hype man
    I got the Donism in me, I'm here to enlighten"
  • buttuh_b
    Options
    "I'm the animal that Hugh Heffner created
    The only ? Sade dated, the most hated, Nas ? "
  • buttuh_b
    Options
    "Maserati, pumpin' Biggie, the great legend blastin'
    I'm after the actress who played Faith Evans"

4c964244.jpg
  • Tommy bilfiger
    edited July 2012
    Options
    ^Dog she ugly as fucc

And watch the throne>>>>>>This album

Welcome to the jungle,primetime,murder to excellence,why I love you,illest mf alive,new day>>>Any of this ?

• buttuh_b
    Options
    This thread is troll proof. You better off with your Kobe trollin.
  • deathrowzorrow
    deathrowzorrow Members Posts: 12,456 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I wish I was Kelis before the divorce right now I wish I was Jungle
  • Garv*
    Garv* Members Posts: 474 ✭✭✭
    Options
    Whos heard trust?
  • Agrv2385
    Agrv2385 Members Posts: 1,086 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    after listenin a few times today ? is definately dope. right there wit gods son. for some reason im jus not feelin locomotive though. i see what nas is tryin to do wit that record but the beat is too simplistic and does measure up with the instrumentation of the rest of the album. the lyrics on it is on point though along with the rest of the album. summer on smash is cool but when u bump that ? in the whip wit a nice system it makes the song better. it is what it is a feel good summer record. im lovin the album though will def be bumpin this for awhile. wtt was cool btw but aside from new day and the joy it was a bunch of self indulgent rhymes on euro rap beats. and that comin from a long time fan of jay. first listen on wtt i was dissapointed. first listen on this kept runnin it back.
  • DarthRozay
    DarthRozay Members Posts: 20,570 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    uolag wrote: »

There's really not ONE good hook by Nas on the entire album, and I DARE anyone to challenge this. The only decent one is on Daughters. Rick Ross has an ok verse but sounds way out of place on the album. The Mary J track is ok, but like it's been stated, 1000 other people have rapped over this beat before.

Also, Nas' flow is the SAME on freaking every song just about. It's like Jadakiss 2.0, but imo Jadakiss makes things more entertaining.

In the end, it's not better then Recovery, Watch the Throne, or any top album by a top 5 GOAT released in the past few years. It IS however, Nas' best album since ? 's Son.

? with this ? . Recovery better than a Nas album? psh, no way in hell. jadakiss 2.0? and he makes things more entertaining? no way in hell that's true.

the only thing I can agree on is people being too quick to claim this is classic.

Funny how several of you claim WTT is better than this, yet when WTT dropped you were all crying about how wack that was.

word i remember that thread

Yeah, funny how it went from "wtf is this techno ? " and "? euro jay and kanye. this sounds like ? david guetta!" to "WTT is better than Nas' albums"

Destiny blocked me on twitter !!!

lmao what were you sayin to her?
  • twentyfivelighters
    twentyfivelighters Members Posts: 4,771 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    "I'm the animal that Hugh Heffner created
    The only ? Sade dated, the most hated, Nas ? "

This ? really true? It's my dream for Sade to sing to me homie, lol.