Comments

• I'm THAT guy...
    I'm THAT guy... Members Posts: 2,544
    Options
    ^^^^^that's one thing i will say though, too many songs
  • JDSTAYWITIT
    JDSTAYWITIT Members Posts: 12,910 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

He's a YMCMB groupie so his opinion is irrelevant. He can suck an AIDS infested ? .

ohhhwwww ...... sound a little perturbed there my man ...over a simple opinion? ....... HMMM...i suppose being a nas groupie is the only acceptable form of groupieage correct? ........
  • qawshun
    qawshun Members Posts: 9,138 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

too critical and he's nit picking but to each his own tho
  • YoungChamp
    YoungChamp Members Posts: 298 ✭✭
    Options
    After a 2nd day of listening, the feeling remains the same. Every Track Nas is goin in on. Never gives weak bars on any of them. I know People gon ? me but I may be the only one who Likes Summer On Smash. This albums Plays smoothly and is an authentic album not a bunch of singles put on a disc. Anyone saying Watch the Throne is better is smoking on ? . Kanye and Jay-z combined lyrically couldnt come close to comparing to Nas on that album. Imo it's Nas's 4th best cd right behind stillmatic. Real Hip Hop Heads will appreciate this album. But these young cats who think 2chainz is the ? wont have the attention span to comprehend raw lyricism Like Nasir's
  • Melanin_Enriched
    Melanin_Enriched Members Posts: 22,868 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I bump summer on smash in the whip but ? miguel. "do you know whose pool you're in" ? go die in a wild fire.
  • WavyCrockett215
    WavyCrockett215 Members Posts: 35
    Options
    ^^^Ctfu @ do you kno who's pool your in. Miguel was so outta place on dat track
  • Disciplined InSight
    Disciplined InSight Members Posts: 13,478 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

He's a YMCMB groupie so his opinion is irrelevant. He can suck an AIDS infested ? .

ohhhwwww ...... sound a little perturbed there my man ...over a simple opinion? ....... HMMM...i suppose being a nas groupie is the only acceptable form of groupieage correct? ........

Shut the ? up. Did I sound perturbed enough for you over the net? Yeah..right. You sound like a ? with pom poms.

His opinions and taste of music is full of ? . I guess you're his nuthugging spokesman.
  • JDSTAYWITIT
    JDSTAYWITIT Members Posts: 12,910 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2012
    Options

Shut the ? up. Did I sound perturbed enough for you over the net? Yeah..right. You sound like a ? with pom poms.

His opinions and taste of music is full of ? . I guess you're his nuthugging spokesman.

As you can see folks .... hurricane "nas barrage" has taken full force......................... the wrath of feelings have begun to fall ferociously from the sky as standing continues to become difficult in these gail force winds of homotions ....

23ha.gif
  • WavyCrockett215
    WavyCrockett215 Members Posts: 35
    Options
    This album is smooth as hell especially in the whip. Imma dude who can't listen to rap all day i like to mix it up wit some 70s soul and this album is a perfect marriage of hip hop and soul. This ? is so different especially vibe wise than anything i've heard in ages. Don't even know what to compare it to. I guess there is bo comparison. Nas grows and matures with every Lp. You gotta respect growth my people. Especially on your 10lp. It's unheard of. You can't listen to any track and say this sounds like part 2 of any previous Nas song. Life is good B.
  • ImTheKangRoundHere
    ImTheKangRoundHere Members Posts: 4,649 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    that song,the DOn go hard.i like that song
  • georgia boi
    georgia boi Members Posts: 3,359 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2012
    Options

He could've wrapped up the review in the first couple of minutes. All he basically said is that it's a good album, but not dope. He goes on to say that Nas didn't say anything new and that the songs weren't memorable. Everything else he said just seemed like he was going out of his way to contradict his own opinion of the album being good. He could've just said it's a good album, but it's held back from being great because Nas didn't do anything new and there's nothing memorable about it. Then ended by droppin' a rating. I don't necessarily agree with his assessment of the album, but it's like he went out of his way to say the album wasn't good.

IMO, there's a couple of records on this album that are potentially among Nas's best work. In fact there's maybe three to four records on this album with that potential.
  • georgia boi
    georgia boi Members Posts: 3,359 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2012
    Options
    Right now, I'm not sure where this album stands in Nas's catalog, but it's easily the best I've heard from Nas since his excellent series of albums in Stillmatic, Lost Tapes, and ? 's Son.

No Introduction- reminds me of Stillmatic Intro
    Queen's Story- Crazy, reminiscent of "Street's Disciple" the title track, but this is better
    World's An Addiction- Possibly the best Nas song since "Heaven"
    You Wouldn't Understand- Crazy
    Back When- another standout
    Stay- standout
    Cherry Wine- real feel good song
    Bye Baby- Another standout on the album
    Roses- sick
    Where's The Love- this has potential as one of his best songs too
    Black Bond- Dope
    Trust- another song that is potentially one of his best
  • DNB1
    DNB1 Members Posts: 19,704 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    *Still has not heard one track off the album post...

Am I really waiting for release date?..

Dunno if I will make it through the weekend....lol
  • rapmastermind
    rapmastermind Members Posts: 5,574 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    It's 24 hours later and I'm still in complete awe of this record. Musically it's the best rap album since "My Beautiful Dark Twisted Fantasy". Also the "WTT" comparisons don't fly cause that wasn't a solo album, it was a compilation LP. I think it's the best rap solo album in awhile. NaS really outdid himself with this record. Though right now I'm settling for a solid 4 MICS, I still better than "Untitled" which I gave 4 MICS also. I definitely better than "Hip Hop Is Dead" and "Street's Disciple". That puts it around the "? 's Son" area. I feel overall though solid, "? 's Son" had some weaker tracks on it, but the strong tracks are really strong. Overall I think "Life Is Good" is in the top half of NaS's career. I had a feeling it was going to be ILL cause NaS was going in on all his features. Here are my 2 favorite features from the "Life Is Good" Era:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qiudw2Rg2v4

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P7m5KxWp1s8
  • rapmastermind
    Options
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XSV8WPzWU28

boi 1da stepped it up for ? 's son

I was just about to come up here and post where I could find this song. Another heat rock for NaS. He just dropped so much fire on this LP. Props on the track, I like it. Drake's team laced NaS with "Bye Baby" and "Trust", both dope songs.
  • blazn101
    blazn101 Members Posts: 818 ✭✭✭
    Options

Dude said tyga had album of the year...smh

• stupot0607
    stupot0607 Members Posts: 1,914 ✭✭✭
    Options
    Nasir the goat!! travelling the world, so the album seems fitting. this album sounds ? amazing!! just pre ordered today!! LIFE IS GOOD
  • lamontbdc
    lamontbdc Members Posts: 18,824 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    after a few more listens i'd give it a 3.5/5 I skipped bout 5 songs
  • deathrowzorrow
    deathrowzorrow Members Posts: 12,456 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2012
    Options
    My goons close by, I'm daring one of y'all to reach, I'm protected like the President, aint gotta give a speech- Nas. Life Is Good
  • H-Rap 180
    H-Rap 180 Members Posts: 15,452 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Only one Godson so there could only be one king:

nas-shots-fired.jpg

#ClassicMaterial
  • Tommy bilfiger
    Tommy bilfiger Members Posts: 22,675 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Notches wrote: »
    Summer on smash was a horrible song. Noones going to be listening to that song or talking about it in 3 months. The same can be said for 75% of Life Is Good. It won't age well.

Aside from Daughters, Nasty, and Worlds an Addiction, noones going to care about the rest of the album by September.

It's just way too much filler. The 4 bonus songs were cool when I first heard them but after listening to them twice, I have no urge to ever hear them again. Black Bond is only like a minute of Nas rapping anyway.

If Nas had reduced this album to just 12-13 songs, it would have been 10x's better then what it is.

Cosign this album has no replay value at all

It leaked 2 days ago and besides no introduction,worlds an addiction and stay the rest of these songs wont get any play a week from now

Its good to see objectivity this album is average at best

• deathrowzorrow
    deathrowzorrow Members Posts: 12,456 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    H-Rap 180 wrote: »
    Only one Godson so there could only be one king:

nas-shots-fired.jpg

#ClassicMaterial

Is that some old school ? from 2003? That pic have Ja Rule...Last time I heard bout Ja rule was him gettin ? him jail.. Diddy? He is a ? we all know that.. Xzibit told us.. ? THAT PICTURE IS A DAMN SHAME !
  • rapmastermind
    edited July 2012
    Options
    NaS talks to Rap Genius about paying homage to Biggie on "Life Is Good". NaS is no stranger to biggin up The Notorious One. On every NaS solo album since Biggie's death, he has mentioned the emcee in tribute or by using some of his Legendary Bars. He also appeared on both Biggie Posthumous LP's. On "Life Is Good" NaS mentions Biggie on 3 songs. Rap Genius caught up with NaS to speak on some advice Biggie gave him a long time ago:

tumblr_m5ii91OmMm1ryvbuno1_500.jpg

http://rapgenius.com/Nas-no-introduction-lyrics

"No Introduction" - "Remember talking to Biggie inside is Lex Truck, Said stay fly even when you bummy, keep your pajama's Armani. (Click on these lyrics to see NaS's interview)

"NaSty" - "Bumping Biggie The Great Legend, I'm trying dig into the actress that played Faith Evans"

Cherry Wine" - "An Immaculate version of Me and My ? by Biggie with all respect cause you the only one that gets me"

• The_Man
    The_Man Members Posts: 2,718 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I keep trying to like this album but its not easy, finding it boring i will keep trying to like it because its Nas but this ? aint easy lol