Questions and Statements about ? ...

Options

Comments

• alissowack
    alissowack Members Posts: 1,930 ✭✭✭
    edited April 2010
    Options
    Maybe if we knew, according to the Bible, what mankind's standing with ? is, then being Black or being a man would not be something we would stress...though I can say that is one of the things that we seem to notice first about the readings of the Bible.
  • janklow
    janklow Members, Moderators Posts: 8,613 Regulator
    edited April 2010
    Options
    TX_Made713 wrote: »
    why wasnt there a womans book?
    at the time, they were too busy being pregnant and barefoot in the kitchen to accurately record Biblical history
  • VIBE
    VIBE Members Posts: 54,384 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2010
    Options
    1. How are all woman hated or looked down @ by ? ?

2. How are they all ? .

If its a serious ? then why is there always people poking fun? Here n there okay, but it's too often and theres no real debate or talk, its just poke fun and whatever else.
  • Treize117
    Treize117 Members Posts: 1,112
    edited April 2010
    Options
    1.) Esther and I believe Ezra (dont quote me) were two books written about prominent female biblical characters, there are probably more. Also, there is alot of talk about the role of a strong and positive woman in Psalms, and particularly Songs of Solomon

2.) the books you mentioned (Matthew, Mark) are among the gospels. They were written by the followers of the original Apostles and named after them. The reason there isnt a female gospel isnt because they didnt want a female perspective, its because there were no female disciples among the original 12 following Christ.

3.) There are a lot of gospels that werent selected to be in the final text of the Bible as we know it now and Mary Magdalene's was just one of many. Most of them were written by men.

Hope that was a help....
  • ThaChozenWun
    ThaChozenWun Members Posts: 9,390
    edited April 2010
    Options
    VIBE86 wrote: »

2. How are they all ? .

If its a serious ? then why is there always people poking fun? Here n there okay, but it's too often and theres no real debate or talk, its just poke fun and whatever else.

In the old testament women arent looked at as bad, alot of them have power and are said to speak with ? .

However in the new testament alot of the women are just plain.

The bible doesnt speak alot of women in the sense of her being able to be anything more than just a slave, a ? , or some average chick who knew Jesus. im sorry but IMO a womens take on ? should have been just as important as some of the mens, why were there no female prophets? Alot of biblical scholars accept that Mary Magdeline was acually a ? who became a born again ? , alot of the women spoke of were labeled as ? . Others were just women who Jesus healed. And then some were females who were impregnated by Jesus because they could not concieve. It doesnt really speak of any woman talking to ? , or being important on that sort of level.

I guess basically what im saying is that women were never made prophets, alot were labled as ? , some spoke of were unmarried and pregnant, no one outside of the old testament really is a big deal in the sense of being important. If they are considered important its only for being pregnant, a ? , someone who was healed, or someone Jesus spoke to and made a believer out of.

http://www.womeninthebible.net/ <<<< Go here it has the women in the each bible listed and where in the bibles and what they are doing written down. If you read each you will understand the difference between the two books and how they portray the women which are spoken of.
  • Treize117
    edited April 2010
    Options
    In the old testament women arent looked at as bad, alot of them have power and are said to speak with ? .

However in the new testament alot of the women are just plain.

The bible doesnt speak alot of women in the sense of her being able to be anything more than just a slave, a ? , or some average chick who knew Jesus. im sorry but IMO a womens take on ? should have been just as important as some of the mens, why were there no female prophets? Alot of biblical scholars accept that Mary Magdeline was acually a ? who became a born again ? , alot of the women spoke of were labeled as ? . Others were just women who Jesus healed. And then some were females who were impregnated by Jesus because they could not concieve. It doesnt really speak of any woman talking to ? , or being important on that sort of level.

I guess basically what im saying is that women were never made prophets, alot were labled as ? , some spoke of were unmarried and pregnant, no one outside of the old testament really is a big deal in the sense of being important. If they are considered important its only for being pregnant, a ? , someone who was healed, or someone Jesus spoke to and made a believer out of.

http://www.womeninthebible.net/ <<<< Go here it has the women in the each bible listed and where in the bibles and what they are doing written down. If you read each you will understand the difference between the two books and how they portray the women which are spoken of.

Sorry dog, but ur completely wrong...

Miriam, Deborah, and Huldah were all prophets, and all female...

There are more I didnt mention

There were several females judges charged as leader's of the Isrealites in the old testament, and were responsible for the survival of the nation

I believe that's pretty important...
  • TX_Made713
    TX_Made713 Members Posts: 3,954 ✭✭
    edited April 2010
    Options

2. How are they all ? .

funny thing about this site is ? is reversed...it seems we (unbelievers) are the ones bein attacked because we have a difference in opinion...

actually we are being mocked worse than we are doin the mocking
  • ThaChozenWun
    edited April 2010
    Options
    Treize117 wrote: »
    Sorry dog, but ur completely wrong...

Miriam, Deborah, and Huldah were all prophets, and all female...

There are more I didnt mention

There were several females judges charged as leader's of the Isrealites in the old testament, and were responsible for the survival of the nation

I believe that's pretty important...

Read again I said I did not take issue with the old testament, I said the old testament treated women with just and equality. It was the new testament I took issue with.
  • VIBE
    edited April 2010
    Options
    TX_Made713 wrote: »
    funny thing about this site is ? is reversed...it seems we (unbelievers) are the ones bein attacked because we have a difference in opinion...

actually we are being mocked worse than we are doin the mocking

I'm not talking about you. I feel some ask the right questions, some don't be ? about it. Only one is ether to me, but that's just his personality. Sometimes topics just become a joke.

How are you an unbeliever? You believe the same things, just certain aspects of your views are different. No one is being attacked here, believer/unbelievers. BUT both sides are being mocked. (moreso the believer side imo)
  • TX_Made713
    edited April 2010
    Options
    I'm not talking about you. I feel some ask the right questions, some don't be ? about it. Only one is ether to me, but that's just his personality. Sometimes topics just become a joke.

How are you an unbeliever? You believe the same things, just certain aspects of your views are different. No one is being attacked here, believer/unbelievers. BUT both sides are being mocked. (moreso the believer side imo)

i was speaking in general. if you notice thats how it is here...really its always been like that. as much as these dudes cry about the old ic...that ? was exactly the same.

when i first came the atheist practically ran this site, then the christians now its just dead. I will admit the topics and discussions where waaaaaaaaaay more insightful.

im bout to start bringing that ? back
  • ThaChozenWun
    edited April 2010
    Options

Could you tell me what questions I have asked are wrong? Ive always asked questions that werent being dickheaded, its just after so many "you dont know what your talking abouts" or "go study a bible" when I clearly have over and over you tend to mock people who cant come up with a simple question or are shown proof of something and do anything possible to sidestep the question. If people would answer these questions I would never mock them later for not doing so.

I have two threads full of valid contradictions that would be very hard to prove as just misinterpreted yet no one has answered them, no one has told me why they are that way, no one has pointed out why they are not contradicting, no one has taught me what I have misunderstood, yet I would still be wrong for assuming in this case they are afraid to realize they are real contradtions? That they cannot explain these contradictions because they are real?
  • Treize117
    edited April 2010
    Options
    Read again I said I did not take issue with the old testament, I said the old testament treated women with just and equality. It was the new testament I took issue with.

If that's the case then why ask the question about female prophets when there were nearly no prophets or prophecies in the New Testament up until around Revelation? And for all the negative female labels you mentioned, there are just as many men that were depicted negatively.
  • VIBE
    edited April 2010
    Options
    Could you tell me what questions I have asked are wrong? Ive always asked questions that werent being dickheaded, its just after so many "you dont know what your talking abouts" or "go study a bible" when I clearly have over and over you tend to mock people who cant come up with a simple question or are shown proof of something and do anything possible to sidestep the question. If people would answer these questions I would never mock them later for not doing so.

I have two threads full of valid contradictions that would be very hard to prove as just misinterpreted yet no one has answered them, no one has told me why they are that way, no one has pointed out why they are not contradicting, no one has taught me what I have misunderstood, yet I would still be wrong for assuming in this case they are afraid to realize they are real contradtions? That they cannot explain these contradictions because they are real?

I feel that you, TX, Isrealites and doUwant2 (main ones on R&R) are the legit question seeking people. I don't feel you're a ? head or are assholish lol you're a cool dude. Just like me right now, seeeking answers to find answers to seek the right truth behind ? and his meanings.

I once was like you, just believe everything the church said. I now want to seek answers than just read and pray. I need answers. I don't seek them from my hypocritical churches anymore.
  • ThaChozenWun
    edited April 2010
    Options
    If that's the case then why ask the question about female prophets when there were nearly no prophets or prophecies in the New Testament up until around Revelation? And for all the negative female labels you mentioned, there are just as many men that were depicted negatively.

Yes but for every negative image of man there was a good one or pretty close, as for women in the new testament, the bad outweigh the good imo. Why did Jesus have to be born to a ? turned to a born again ? , she still could have been knocked up by someone else? Why didnt he choose an acual ? to have Jesus then there would have been no doubt? The only reason I can think is because for some reason Mary had to be a ? first but why?
  • ThaChozenWun
    edited April 2010
    Options
    I feel that you, TX, Isrealites and doUwant2 (main ones on R&R) are the legit question seeking people. I don't feel you're a ? head or are assholish lol you're a cool dude. Just like me right now, seeeking answers to find answers to seek the right truth behind ? and his meanings.

I once was like you, just believe everything the church said. I now want to seek answers than just read and pray. I need answers. I don't seek them from my hypocritical churches anymore.

lol I feel you but to me it wasnt that the churches were hypocritical, it was just when I presented them with something, instead of an answer I would always get a smart ass response like "your foolish im not reading that or answering it why would you ask". I still cant get real answers from anyone though on just about anything, its always its ? word believe it n shut up, or somehow i have no knowledge of anything.
  • TX_Made713
    edited April 2010
    Options
    lol I feel you but to me it wasnt that the churches were hypocritical, it was just when I presented them with something, instead of an answer I would always get a smart ass response like "your foolish im not reading that or answering it why would you ask". I still cant get real answers from anyone though on just about anything, its always its ? word believe it n shut up, or somehow i have no knowledge of anything.

just like the ones you receive on here...no real answers...just "your ignorant of the word"
  • Treize117
    edited April 2010
    Options
    Yes but for every negative image of man there was a good one or pretty close, as for women in the new testament, the bad outweigh the good imo. Why did Jesus have to be born to a ? turned to a born again ? , she still could have been knocked up by someone else? Why didnt he choose an acual ? to have Jesus then there would have been no doubt? The only reason I can think is because for some reason Mary had to be a ? first but why?

Im not sure where ur gettin this from homie, but in the Bible Mary isnt depicted as a born again ? , she is an actual ? who hasn't even had the oppurtunity to sleep with her husband Joseph...thats why the birth of Jesus was supposed to be miraculous
  • ThaChozenWun
    edited April 2010
    Options
    Im not sure where ur gettin this from homie, but in the Bible Mary isnt depicted as a born again ? , she is an actual ? who hasn't even had the oppurtunity to sleep with her husband Joseph...thats why the birth of Jesus was supposed to be miraculous

Huh? She wasnt married. What are you talkin about married to Joseph, IMO Jesus and Mary were not mother n child but a married couple. And where do you get she wasnt a reformed ? ?
    Depends I guess, Mary Magdalene was a ? first, Mary the prophet however was an acual ? . The acual bible version is mary magdalene though so ???????????
  • Treize117
    edited April 2010
    Options
    Wow homie....

U do realize that Mary Magdalene and Mary, Mother of Christ, WERE TWO DIFFERENT PEOPLE...

Mary Magdalene was a prositute who Jesus encountered when he was already grown up...

the ? MARY was his mother...
  • TX_Made713
    edited April 2010
    Options
  • VIBE
    edited April 2010
    Options
    Huh? She wasnt married. What are you talkin about married to Joseph, IMO Jesus and Mary were not mother n child but a married couple. And where do you get she wasnt a reformed ? ?
    Depends I guess, Mary Magdalene was a ? first, Mary the prophet however was an acual ? . The acual bible version is mary magdalene though so ???????????

The DiVinci Code type ? ? Jesus wasn't married. Where is that at in the Bible? Jesus never wed or had sex.
  • Treize117
    edited April 2010
    Options

LOL

Love how u edited your quote to cover up your BS

What do u mean "the actual Bible version" lmao

the ? MARY was the mother of Christ in the Bible, in all 4 gospels

key word, ?
  • ThaChozenWun
    edited April 2010
    Options
    Wow homie....

U do realize that Mary Magdalene and Mary, Mother of Christ, WERE TWO DIFFERENT PEOPLE...

Mary Magdalene was a prositute who Jesus encountered when he was already grown up...

the ? MARY was his mother...

I got confused because I wrote something messed up, IMO Mary Magdalene was Jesus' wife, I dont think the ? Mary was acually a ? though, and outside of the bible nothing proves she was married. I think Jesus' mother was impregnated by someone and they had Jesus. I dont deny he lived, i have trouble accepting he was gods son. Now if Mary was a prophet, why was her gospel left out of the bible? A prophet and the mother of Jesus should have been arguably the most important considering the new testament revolves around Christ.
  • ThaChozenWun
    edited April 2010
    Options
    The DiVinci Code type ? ? Jesus wasn't married. Where is that at in the Bible? Jesus never wed or had sex.

IMO he was, not because the da vinci code but because of researching things, if you want ill gather some of the information up and hit you up with them so u can look and decide for yourself. I wrote half of that post ? up but Yes I do think Jesus and Mary Magdalene were married. I had insert on and erased half the ? i typed in between when I added the Jesus and Mary Magdalene married part.
  • Treize117
    edited April 2010
    Options
    I got confused because I wrote something messed up, IMO Mary Magdalene was Jesus' wife, I dont think the ? Mary was acually a ? though, and outside of the people nothing proves she was married. I think Jesus' mother was impregnated by someone and they had Jesus. I dont deny he lived, i have trouble accepting he was gods son. Now if Mary was a prophet, why was her gospel left out of the bible? A prophet and the mother of Jesus should have been arguably the most important considering the new testament revolves around Christ.

And Mary was never said to be a prophet, nor were any of the apostles to whom the gosples were ascribed....

and i guarantee whatever "proof" you have of Jesus being married wont come from the actual text of the Bible