The Official J.Cole Vs. Big Sean Thread!

Options

Comments

• t_m_a_c_f_a_n73088
    t_m_a_c_f_a_n73088 Members Posts: 8,758 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2011
    Options
    usmarin3 wrote: »
    ? , what expenses. The ? makes his own beats unlike Big Sean who has to pay for those NO ID, Pharell,etc beats and features (Lupe,Wiz,etc). Consistently touring and branding (Derrick Rose, MLB the Show, Beats by Dr. Dre,etc) money > album money. Plus he's about to get that producer money making beats for Fab,Game,etc.

This alone eliminates the majority of his "expenses"
  • usmarin3
    usmarin3 Members Posts: 38,013 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2011
    Options
    Ya'll Big Head Sean fans need to admit that Fab and Drake are in the lane that he is fighting for already and the truth of the matter is, they make better music than him too. There is only so much room for swag punchline rappers!
  • MC The Rapper
    MC The Rapper Members Posts: 8,140 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2011
    Options
    ? , what expenses. The ? makes his own beats unlike Big Sean who has to pay for those NO ID, Pharell,etc beats and features (Lupe,Wiz,etc). Consistently touring and branding (Derrick Rose, MLB the Show, Beats by Dr. Dre,etc) money > album money. Plus he's about to get that producer money making beats for Fab,Game,etc.

he gotta to pay for all them samples , he still gotta pay for studio time etc,etc, . He only getting a percentage off of song placement and he gotta pay his advance back. You still don't understand how that music business ? work .
  • G.R.I.P. Money $$$
    G.R.I.P. Money $$$ Members Posts: 18,939 ✭✭✭
    edited June 2011
    Options
    lol it aint a guarantee fab and game gon buy beats from cole...

dude aint that good a producer first of all, and second it might end up favor for a favor type ? ..

also sean gettin into that branding ? too, i know u seen the commercial while the heats was laucing in the playoffs..
  • DayDay34
    DayDay34 Members Posts: 1,771
    edited June 2011
    Options
    j.cole album will likely be shelved. radio aint about to play that trash single he just put out. lol at comparing j.cole to nas.lol at nas saying big sean got next.
  • DetroitBoi313
    DetroitBoi313 Members Posts: 1,591 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2011
    Options
    lol it aint a guarantee fab and game gon buy beats from cole...

dude aint that good a producer first of all, and second it might end up favor for a favor type ? ..

also sean gettin into that branding ? too, i know u seen the commercial while the heats was laucing in the playoffs..

Big Sean also has a deal with TISA clothing brand.
  • usmarin3
    edited June 2011
    Options
    he gotta to pay for all them samples , he still gotta pay for studio time etc,etc, . He only getting a percentage off of song placement and he gotta pay his advance back. You still don't understand how that music business ? work .

Samples aren't that expensive, atleast it's one person eating out your pocket instead of two (producer and original artist) and a lot of his beats are made at home on his equipment (pre production) so that cuts down on studio time. "looking at my advance, i probably can't afford benefits", i doubt dude had a crazy ass advance, he probably got a smaller advance and gets more of a cut off branding and touring. You seem to think that Roc Nation is a typical label, they are more of a branding,publishing, and management company (more plates to eat off of). That's why you hear dudes music on commercials and he can go on tour with a Rihanna, Jay-z, and Drake!
  • JDSTAYWITIT
    JDSTAYWITIT Members Posts: 12,910 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2011
    Options
    When Where And Why did this comparison start?
  • Guns
    Guns Confirm Email Posts: 1,504 ✭✭
    edited June 2011
    Options
    cole should let big krit produce for him
  • DetroitBoi313
    edited June 2011
    Options
    Dizzel3000 wrote: »
    When Where And Why did this comparison start?

Because they both were in the same freshmen class. J.Cole dropped the ball in imo. This was supposed to be his summer. The fall is crowded with veteran artists releasing albums.
  • DayDay34
    edited June 2011
    Options
    big sean got this summer on lock. bangers after bangers on the album.
  • MC The Rapper
    edited June 2011
    Options
    Samples aren't that expensive, atleast it's one person eating out your pocket instead of two (producer and original artist) and a lot of his beats are made at home on his equipment (pre production) so that cuts down on studio time. "looking at my advance, i probably can't afford benefits", i doubt dude had a crazy ass advance, he probably got a smaller advance and gets more of a cut off branding and touring. You seem to think that Roc Nation is a typical label, they are more of a branding,publishing, and management company (more plates to eat off of). That's why you hear dudes music on commercials and he can go on tour with a Rihanna, Jay-z, and Drake!

i know they not but they still take cut ,irs take they cut , his management take they cut, booking agent take they cut, on and on and then he don't own his masters or publishing ain't caking like that the structure of the music industry is not set up for him to cake like that but neither is sean but he in a better position because his album is bout to come out and its getting decent reviews
  • DMTxTHC
    DMTxTHC Members Posts: 14,218 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2011
    Options
    DayDay34 wrote: »
    j.cole album will likely be shelved. radio aint about to play that trash single he just put out. lol at comparing j.cole to nas.lol at nas saying big sean got next.

lol @ Nas saying J. Cole got next
    And even if the single is trash, saying the radio won't play it because the single is 'trash' is silly...the radio stay playing trash
  • EmbezzelJayR
    EmbezzelJayR Members Posts: 1,052
    edited June 2011
    Options
    Guns wrote: »

Fahow that would be crazy.
  • DMTxTHC
    edited June 2011
    Options

Cosign, especially the bolded...
  • usmarin3
    edited June 2011
    Options
    Guns wrote: »

How is that producing for Krit working out for him? Yeah, didn't think so!
  • DetroitBoi313
    edited June 2011
    Options
    lol @ Nas saying J. Cole got next
    And even if the single is trash, saying the radio won't play it because it's 'trash' is silly...the radio stay playing trash

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bbt3hwQ6cks3:13 mark
  • MC The Rapper
    edited June 2011
    Options

what you mean he stay producing for other people
  • DetroitBoi313
    edited June 2011
    Options
    Big Sean is set up perfectly. Kelly Rowland single, DJ Khaled album, top secret collabs with some big artists, mixtape full of new songs he really wanted for the album (sample clearance issues) Too Fake remix with Kanye. Won't be surprise if J.Cole ask for a song with Big Sean to get his buzz up. They are good friends.
  • usmarin3
    edited June 2011
    Options
    i know they not but they still take cut ,irs take they cut , his management take they cut, booking agent take they cut, on and on and then he don't own his masters or publishing ain't caking like that the structure of the music industry is not set up for him to cake like that but neither is sean but he in a better position because his album is bout to come out and its getting decent reviews

Dude, Roc Nation does all that ? ? , it has a 50/50 deal with Live Nation the biggest touring company in the world so all that booking ? is in house. Roc Nation is also his co management along with Biggie's old manager. How the ? do you know he doesn't own his masters and publishing, stop talking out your ass. Yet even if all that ? is true, he is still in a better position to eat than Big Sean because he does more things and on a label who have more footing inside the business.
  • Guns
    Guns Confirm Email Posts: 1,504 ✭✭
    edited June 2011
    Options

j cole producing sucks
  • DMTxTHC
    edited June 2011
    Options

Wow...

And calling him "the future" isn't a stretch imo...

Nas is the G.O.A.T.
  • DayDay34
    edited June 2011
    Options
    Big Sean is set up perfectly. Kelly Rowland single, DJ Khaled album, top secret collabs with some big artists, mixtape full of new songs he really wanted for the album (sample clearance issues) Too Fake remix with Kanye. Won't be surprise if J.Cole ask for a song with Big Sean to get his buzz up. They are good friends.

lol at this truth.
  • usmarin3
    edited June 2011
    Options
    When will ? learn, Buzz doesn't mean ? ! It's like your mom calling you handsome, a fanbase and building one > buzz. Buzz entails trendy, and trendy means fickle.
  • P. Town
    P. Town Members Posts: 27,306 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2011
    Options
    Big Krit >>> J Cole