Who's the better Artist and who has made the better Music? Kanye West or Jay Z

Options

Comments

• Duncan21
    Duncan21 Members Posts: 296
    edited June 2011
    Options
    Bigavelli wrote: »
    Kanye definitley and most definitley doesn't have an Album as poor as The Dynasty, Blueprint 2, Kingdome Come, Blueprint 3 etc not just Kanye but most Rappers don't have an Album as weak as those

College Dropout, Late Registration, Graduation, My Beautiful Dark Twisted Fantasy>>>>>Any Jay Z Album IMO

He also doesnt have a Reasonable Doubt, Bp1, Black Album, or an American Gangster.
  • SHAYDEEEE
    SHAYDEEEE Members Posts: 1,720 ✭✭✭
    edited June 2011
    Options
    since kanye was behind alot of the black album and the blueprint, two of jays best 3, he gets the win. plus college dropout and MBDTF or whatever the initials are, both classic and graduation damn near. reasonable doubt and blueprint are both better than any full album kanye has done imo, but kanye produced a good portion of the latter so he takes it
  • Duncan21
    edited June 2011
    Options
    Jay Z predominantly Rap's about selling coke, his money and materalism

There isn't a Jay Z Album i can regularly listen to and listen to with out skipping Song's i find his Album's get real boring

? please. Ye lyrics are filled with boring ass lines. MBDTF was hot garbage. 808 was garbage. Graduation was average.
  • usmarin3
    usmarin3 Members Posts: 38,013 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2011
    Options
    Jay-z, Kanye, Eminem, Nas,Biggie,Pac

Which one of these rappers have never made a classic 5 mic album?
  • usmarin3
    edited June 2011
    Options
    LOL at this ? logging in twice under two different names (Shaydeee and Bigavelli), you are not normal.
  • Duncan21
    edited June 2011
    Options
    SHAYDEEEE wrote: »
    since kanye was behind alot of the black album and the blueprint, two of jays best 3, he gets the win. plus college dropout and MBDTF or whatever the initials are, both classic and graduation damn near. reasonable doubt and blueprint are both better than any full album kanye has done imo, but kanye produced a good portion of the latter so he takes it

The beats dont make a ? rap better(word to Nas). Jay's lyrics are what made the songs nice.
  • Bigavelli
    Bigavelli Members Posts: 3,465
    edited June 2011
    Options
    Duncan21 wrote: »
    He also doesnt have a Reasonable Doubt, Bp1, Black Album, or an American Gangster.

College Dropout, Late Registration, Graduation and My Beautiful Dark Twisted Fantasy are much better Album's than those

Blueprint, Black Album and American Gangster are no where near those Album's at all

Reasonable Doubt is Jay Z's best Album by far and it doesn't touch those Kanye Album's

College Dropout is a classic Album and the rest of Kanye's Album's are good
  • Mellow Hype
    Mellow Hype Members Posts: 916
    edited June 2011
    Options
    Jay-z is a better rapper/lyricist. Kanye over all is better musically.

Kanye has that all around game like Lamar Odom.

Jay is more like Carmelo Anthony. Is really good at one thing.
  • Duncan21
    edited June 2011
    Options
    College Dropout, Late Registration, Graduation and My Beautiful Dark Twisted Fantasy are much better Album's than those

Blueprint, Black Album and American Gangster are no where near those Album's at all

Reasonable Doubt is Jay Z's best Album by far and it doesn't touch those Kanye Album's

College Dropout is a classic Album and the rest of Kanye's Album's are good

OK. Its obvious ur trolling.
  • Mellow Hype
    edited June 2011
    Options
    usmarin3 wrote: »
    Jay-z, Kanye, Eminem, Nas,Biggie,Pac

Which one of these rappers have never made a classic 5 mic album?

Eminem has in MMLP and Recovery. Listen to Recovery 10 times all the way through you will see why.

Kanye's graduation was a classic imo. I bumped that for a few months.
  • Duncan21
    edited June 2011
    Options
    Jay-z is a better rapper/lyricist. Kanye over all is better musically.

Kanye has that all around game like Lamar Odom.

Jay is more like Carmelo Anthony. Is really good at one thing.

Yea and Melo is 10xs better than LO.
  • usmarin3
    edited June 2011
    Options
    Eminem has in MMLP and Recovery. Listen to Recovery 10 times all the way through you will see why.

LOL at MMLP and especially that pop ? Recovery being classic.
  • Duncan21
    edited June 2011
    Options

Personal classic. Recovery aint nowhere near classic.
  • Bigavelli
    edited June 2011
    Options
    ? please. Ye lyrics are filled with boring ass lines. MBDTF was hot garbage. 808 was garbage. Graduation was average.

That's the thing about Jay Z his Rapping about selling coke and money get's boring and has no replay value to me

My Beautiful Dark Twisted Fantasy and Graduation are Album's i can listen to and enjoy more than any Jay Z Album

808's and Heartbreak is much better than weak Album's like Volume 3, The Dynasty, Blueprint 2, Kingdome Come and Blueprint 3 even though it's Kanyes weakest Album
  • SHAYDEEEE
    edited June 2011
    Options
    The beats dont make a ? rap better(word to Nas). Jay's lyrics are what made the songs nice.

i know jay is a way better lyricist but the question was who made the better music
  • Mellow Hype
    edited June 2011
    Options
    usmarin3 wrote: »
    LOL at MMLP and especially that pop ? Recovery being classic.

I'm a lyrics dude. That's what i look for in a rapper. As well as wordplay. The MMLP is out of this world lyrically. No rapper is touching it. Im being un biased it perfectly crafted.

Recovery was a little more pop but he has the change with the game. He took metaphores and similis rappers use today but twisted it and made it hot in a way you could never think of.
    He talked about some real ? on Recovery. The deilvery and emotion on that album was 10/10
  • Food & Liquor
    Food & Liquor Members Posts: 1,126
    edited June 2011
    Options
    Jay-Z has better highlights in his discography and is a better rapper but Kanye is a more complete package and is more consistent with his albums. I guess that makes him the better artist.
  • Bigavelli
    edited June 2011
    Options
    In terms of Content, Song Writting, Album Making, diversity in Topics and Emotion Kanye West is much superior to Jay Z

Not to mention Kanye having Substance
  • Duncan21
    edited June 2011
    Options
    i know jay is a way better lyricist but the question was who made the better music

Jay................
  • Mellow Hype
    edited June 2011
    Options
    In terms of Content, Song Writting, Album Making, diversity in Topics and Emotion Kanye West is much superior to Jay Z

Jay-z has substance. Maybe not of late. But most of his career he's had it.
  • Duncan21
    edited June 2011
    Options

U sound just like Shady with that ? .
  • Bigavelli
    edited June 2011
    Options
    Jay................

The student went on to make much better Music/Album's and become a far better Artist in this case
  • Duncan21
    edited June 2011
    Options
    The student went on to make much better Music/Album's and become a far better Artist in this case

So cause a ? dont produce he cant be a better rapper? So Big didn't produce he wasnt one of the GOATS?
  • SHAYDEEEE
    edited June 2011
    Options
    So cause a ? dont produce he cant be a better rapper? So Big didn't produce he wasnt one of the GOATS?

no big really wasnt one of the goats i firmly believe he would have fell off a LONG time ago if he didnt die in his prime and the new generation wouldnt even acknowledge his classics similar to how they have with busta rhymes and master p who used to sell just as much as big
  • Duncan21
    edited June 2011
    Options
    no big really wasnt one of the goats i firmly believe he would have fell off a LONG time ago if he didnt die in his prime and the new generation wouldnt even acknowledge his classics similar to how they have with busta rhymes and master p who used to sell just as much as big

He didnt have the chance to so you cant go off assumption.