Who can rap better? Lloyd Banks or Rick Ross?

Options

Comments

• felonious1
    felonious1 Members Posts: 44
    edited June 2011
    Options
    Yet you support known frauds. ? like you are the reason why hip hop has become a watered down powerless medium.

lol @ "if ? sell a lot then that's a added bonus" - you dumb as ? . Record labels do not spend good money producing, engineering, mixing, promoting, and marketing albums so they can possibly be an "added bonus."

1st off ross is from my hood the ? really sold dope on a small scale the ? was part of a drug gang called boobie boys in the 90s .. which distubuted ? in like 4 or 5 states. Even when he said he know the real noriega he want talking manuel he was talking about his son....? in the hood been knew willams roberts as we would call him was ceo .........right around the time boobie went to jail after they found him because of americas most wanted. Y rossed lied about that ? I dunno but cuzz was really in the streets

And u telling me sales are important in music now with with the ungodly amount of boot legging? Know labels are giving artist there money and the artist has to pay them back.the music buissnes is not the same as two years ago...artist are selling less and making moremoney...some aretist don't even put out albums just str8 mixtapes and are making gwop now ask ur self y is that.......matter fact if anybodys loosing money its the labels. Today artit are smarter more buissnes savy and richer........y do u think warner brother. Just gave the the ? 8 figure distrubution deal 4 his brand maybach music.......cause his buisnes is right. That's y I say he has charistic of a mogul because of his abilty to sell his image and get rich off it....he's a mogul in the making

And just 4 ur info ross has stepped it down lyical when 1st came out he was lyrical as ? he switched the flow and alotta u ppl r 4 getting that's eric sermon protegee
  • felonious1
    edited June 2011
    Options
    lmao stanning at its finest this is the dumbest ? i've ever heard.

what do u mean no one is bumping LAD or RTD?!? that album is still getting played as of right now and will be played tomorrow.

biggies 2 cd's ? on ross whole catalouge, damn yall stay reaching.
    yeah that's true but he only has two cd and the reason behind that was pac pac shut him and bb down 4 atime I admit bigies a better rapper then ross and I stil bump both biggie albums but. Ross. Definitley gives that fat boy on the mic feel like biggie.
  • StillDreaming
    StillDreaming Members Posts: 4,989 ✭✭✭
    edited June 2011
    Options
    lmao stanning at its finest this is the dumbest ? i've ever heard.

what do u mean no one is bumping LAD or RTD?!? that album is still getting played as of right now and will be played tomorrow.

biggies 2 cd's ? on ross whole catalouge, damn yall stay reaching.

I know your hip-hop handbook tells you that Biggie is beloved and bumped by everyone, but its simply not true. Those 2 albums y'all prop up on that pedestal are not all that, biggie as a lyricist was not all that. Its a shame how Nas and Jay still get compared to this guy even though they've accomplished things that Biggie will never see. Ross is no different. Rozay has already held his own on tracks with Jay, Nas, Rae, G Rap etc. Its not my job to make you a believer, you hating too hard to even comprehend a logical argument right now.

P.s. I guess its time to stop using the smilies, the lames have caught on....
  • HipHopFiend91
    HipHopFiend91 Members Posts: 2,394
    edited June 2011
    Options
    I know your hip-hop handbook tells you that Biggie is beloved and bumped by everyone, but its simply not true. Those 2 albums y'all prop up on that pedestal are not all that, biggie as a lyricist was not all that. Its a shame how Nas and Jay still get compared to this guy even though they've accomplished things that Biggie will never see. Ross is no different. Rozay has already held his own on tracks with Jay, Nas, Rae, G Rap etc. Its not my job to make you a believer, you hating too hard to even comprehend a logical argument right now.

aiiite fan boy i'll let u keep thinking that. there's no hip hop hand book its common sense,

go ahead and try ask the common hip hop listener who is better.

and im not on no stan ? but i'm being honest when i say i hear more big than i do ross where i stay at idk what goes on where u live, and its no hate for ross i'm not hating on ross what so ever because i enjoy some tracks from him

and u talking about all this logic but think ross can hold his own with vets like jay,nas,rae, and G rap.

lol @ this guy for real.
  • bmoreeast
    bmoreeast Members Posts: 3,436 ✭✭✭
    edited June 2011
    Options

Ima big Ross fan and never really was a Biggie fan but lyrically Big was better then Ross.
  • StillDreaming
    edited June 2011
    Options

and u talking about all this logic but think ross can hold his own with vets like jay,nas,rae, and G rap.

lol @ this guy for real.

See I bet you never even heard Usual Suspects, Free Mason, Audio ? , or Knife Fight yet you in here talkin bout who's better than Ross. You just hating with no foundation watsoeva
  • felonious1
    edited June 2011
    Options
    aiiite fan boy i'll let u keep thinking that. there's no hip hop hand book its common sense,

go ahead and try ask the common hip hop listener who is better.

and im not on no stan ? but i'm being honest when i say i hear more big than i do ross where i stay at idk what goes on where u live, and its no hate for ross i'm not hating on ross what so ever because i enjoy some tracks from him

lol @ this guy for real.

Lmao he has and all them co sighn him on top of that...u must not be upb on him much cuzz u don't like him huh?
  • KNiGHTS
    KNiGHTS Members Posts: 4,435 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2011
    Options

Slept on post.

Ross's delivery is some epic ? on a hot beat.

Banks's punchlines and wordplay on a hot beat is on ? mode. Banks Workout is still monstrous like 8 years after the fact.
  • DMTxTHC
    DMTxTHC Members Posts: 14,218 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2011
    Options
    Question for the t/s, what do you mean by 'rap better'?

Banks has more technical skill...

But, Ross has better delivery

It all boils down to preference, because their content throughout the years are not that contrasting
  • HipHopFiend91
    edited June 2011
    Options
    See I bet you never even heard Usual Suspects, Free Mason, Audio ? , or Knife Fight yet you in here talkin bout who's better than Ross. You just hating with no foundation watsoeva

heard all those. i don't sit and judge something with out listening to it.

none of those songs are ? with rae,nas,jay, or big
  • IceBergTaylor
    IceBergTaylor Members Posts: 19,167 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2011
    Options
    genstasia wrote: »
    BANKS and it aint even close in terms of skill.... And LOL @ Banks not being able to ride a beat Banks Flow is>>>>>> Than Ross will ever have. I mean Officer down is proof alone.

• HipHopFiend91
    edited June 2011
    Options
    felonious1 wrote: »
    Lmao he has and all them co sighn him on top of that...u must not be upb on him much cuzz u don't like him huh?

i listen to all of rick ross joint's. its not that i don't like him because songs like 9 piece,bmf,i'm not a star, and free mason are banging joints.

but iits just the ic starting to overrate him.
  • darkrain
    darkrain Members Posts: 2,128 ✭✭✭
    edited June 2011
    Options
    Llyod Banks just better than Rick Ross.
  • felonious1
    edited June 2011
    Options
    i listen to all of rick ross joint's. its not that i don't like him because songs like 9 piece,bmf,i'm not a star, and free mason are banging joints.

but iits just the ic starting to overrate him.

I respect ur opion. I just believe ross is better then banks.... as far as catalouge, beat selection,buisness moves etc.....I just think banks is achump and 50 humilates them dudes, what seems to be on a regular basis..... now if we were comparing ros to fabolous tthat would be a diffrent story cuzz fab is everything banks is not...bank is good but not good as .............ross.....I always thought banks was a lil overarted and I think his 1st album is overated but that's just me...I also think he's a fab clone
  • bmoreeast
    bmoreeast Members Posts: 3,436 ✭✭✭
    edited June 2011
    Options
    Finally listened to 'Officer Down' since everybody keeps referring to it. It could just be me but that ? was garbage, i actually expected more from Banks.

This was a way better diss and done in half the time.
  • DMTxTHC
    DMTxTHC Members Posts: 14,218 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2011
    Options
    Even though i forgot the song's title, i won't forget when Rick Ross called 50 Cent a 'fake Saigon'...that reference probably went over so many heads, smh...
  • MrGuns
    MrGuns Confirm Email Posts: 526
    edited June 2011
    Options
  • BackInWhite
    BackInWhite Members Posts: 23,591 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2011
    Options
    wtf
    of course it's lloyd banks
    i like ross' music better tho
    lloyd banks sound like scooby doo when he rap and he's bland as ?
    "these muthafuckas mad that i'm icy!!!!!">>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>beamer benz or bentley raggy!!!!!
  • felonious1
    edited June 2011
    Options
    MrGuns wrote: »
    ? those 2 verses by ross was just simply outst@ding lloydbanks can't come lyrical and spit like that on a track at all.... smh at u fools. What r u deaf!!!
    And on that track he didn't even dumb it down he came correct...... lets say 4 ? sake that banks is more lyrical on a beat........he definitely, most definitely does not rap better then ross...... he been on the scence longer. But ross got more hits consistently since like 06.... numbers don't lie
  • riddlerap
    riddlerap Members Posts: 17,132 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2011
    Options
  • riddlerap
    riddlerap Members Posts: 17,132 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2011
    Options

im the top gunna, the boy wonder, its lloyds summer
  • StillDreaming
    edited June 2011
    Options
    heard all those. i don't sit and judge something with out listening to it.

none of those songs are ? with rae,nas,jay, or big

The point is all those ? except Big were featured on those tracks and Ross held his own. You sure you heard those songs before?
  • eyes low
    eyes low Members Posts: 3,614 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2011
    Options

until ross can make a song as good and as real as this you can forget the comparison
  • HipHopFiend91
    edited June 2011
    Options
    The point is all those ? except Big were featured on those tracks and Ross held his own. You sure you heard those songs before?

i listened to it i'm telling u, i don't go and comment on some ? if i haven't gave it a fair listen.

ross don't really hold his own though, dude constantly needs a feature.