YEP I DID IT !! Locs/dreadloc appreciation THREAD!!!

Options

Comments

• SixSickSins
    SixSickSins Members Posts: 8,134 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    [img][/img]IMG_20140328_182734_zpsufrupg2n.jpg[img][/img]20140328_182152_zpsehni8epg.jpg

Went to the wrong african smh she only changed me 10 tho. Again smh

And damn baby hair

Damn, I thought this was SWIJ, smh!

Looking good men, @Jungz @ShiveDreadz
  • Chi Snow
    Chi Snow Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 28,111 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    That dread sock is fresh, I'm a look for one this week
  • Jungz
    Jungz Members Posts: 991 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    OhMars wrote: »
    It's kinda hard to find a chick that can do locs in dallas. That chick wanted to charge me 80 for that.

The guy I go to goes to dallas every month, charges $65 in Houston. Look him up, name is Damian Walter.

Man I tried to get dude to start my locs. I used to watching all his videos when i was still growing my hair out. I called like 3 times to make an appointment and left 2 messages.. ? never got back lol.
  • OhMars
    OhMars Members Posts: 6,085 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Jungz wrote: »
    It's kinda hard to find a chick that can do locs in dallas. That chick wanted to charge me 80 for that.

The guy I go to goes to dallas every month, charges $65 in Houston. Look him up, name is Damian Walter.

Man I tried to get dude to start my locs. I used to watching all his videos when i was still growing my hair out. I called like 3 times to make an appointment and left 2 messages.. ? never got back lol.

Damn, what city are you in. It's easy in Houston, just make your appointment online and show up. I go every month.
  • GodNThaBuild'n
    GodNThaBuild'n Members Posts: 8,217 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    @SixSickSins‌ that's harsh yo. People always ask me if I use a damn perm. And I ain't no catfish lol
  • GodNThaBuild'n
    GodNThaBuild'n Members Posts: 8,217 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Damn, what city are you in. It's easy in Houston, just make your appointment online and show up. I go every month.

Is that ol dude with all those YouTube vids?
  • OhMars
    Options

Is that ol dude with all those YouTube vids?

Yeah. He's kinda YouTube famous
  • Jungz
    Jungz Members Posts: 991 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Im in Philly, an at the time he didnt come here but I was gonna ride out to DC or NY whenever he was scheduled there. Then he started coming to Philly a couple months ago, but I done built a rapport with the girl who does my hair so... eh. Was definitely salty when I couldn't get through with him though lol
  • all original
    all original Members Posts: 580 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    started almost 6 months ago. get em re twisted every 2 or 3 weeks for $50
    2014-03-30141024.jpg
  • Bodhi
    Bodhi Members Posts: 7,932 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    How do you post a pic? Tinypic won't let me browse.
  • blacktux
    blacktux Members Posts: 4,559 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I used tinylic, just copy paste the "forum" link in the message box.
  • Bodhi
    Bodhi Members Posts: 7,932 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I'm trying to upload the pic though where it says browse. I click it but it won't do anything.
  • blacktux
    Options
    Usually when you click browse it opens up explorer on your pc, then you just select a pic to up.
  • Ree4er Madness
    Ree4er Madness Members Posts: 107 ✭✭
    Options
    Another thumbs up to the OP..
  • Ree4er Madness
    Options
    I have been growing mine for about 8 years now...
  • Chi Snow
    Options
    Been looking for a dreadsock, unable to locate one so I brought another durag yesterday

Man.......
  • NothingButTheTruth
    NothingButTheTruth Members Posts: 10,850 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I'm thinking of getting locs in the near future. Right now I have (mini) fro and as it continues to grow, it's getting very tiresome picking and brushing through it to make sure it looks right.

Approximately how many inches of hair do I need to get decent looking locs? Or does everyone have to start with the wormy look at the beginning?

Did you guys get your ? braided first and then switch to locs or just go the baby locs from the start?

Help a brutha out!
  • Ree4er Madness
    Options
    I'm thinking of getting locs in the near future. Right now I have (mini) fro and as it continues to grow, it's getting very tiresome picking and brushing through it to make sure it looks right.

Approximately how many inches of hair do I need to get decent looking locs? Or does everyone have to start with the wormy look at the beginning?

Did you guys get your ? braided first and then switch to locs or just go the baby locs from the start?

Help a brutha out!

Bro, as soon as your hair is long enough for someone to grab(depends on how good they can do dreads) then you're ready...They don't have to be wormy...Your hair will develop its own personality. Just ask someone you know can do dreads if they can do yours. Pretty sure they can as long as they can grip it. You don't have to get them braided first. You can go for some twists which are easier for someone to do until your hair gets longer. Twists look good also and the longer your hair is either twisted or dreaded, the faster it will start to grow....

But everybody had to go through that mini-fro stage at one point..don't even trip on that...
  • Chi Snow
    Options
  • OhMars
    Options

Help a brutha out!

My biggest regrets on getting dreadlocks its not starting sooner. I was waiting for my hair to get longer but all that combing stifles the growth. Just get some twist, depending on your hair type, you will be loced in about 3 months
  • NothingButTheTruth
    NothingButTheTruth Members Posts: 10,850 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Bro, as soon as your hair is long enough for someone to grab(depends on how good they can do dreads) then you're ready...They don't have to be wormy...Your hair will develop its own personality. Just ask someone you know can do dreads if they can do yours. Pretty sure they can as long as they can grip it. You don't have to get them braided first. You can go for some twists which are easier for someone to do until your hair gets longer. Twists look good also and the longer your hair is either twisted or dreaded, the faster it will start to grow....

But everybody had to go through that mini-fro stage at one point..don't even trip on that...
    My biggest regrets on getting dreadlocks its not starting sooner. I was waiting for my hair to get longer but all that combing stifles the growth. Just get some twist, depending on your hair type, you will be loced in about 3 months

Good lookin' out. If that's the case, I'm already falling behind. My hair's more than long enough for those baby/starter twists.
  • IceBergTaylor
    IceBergTaylor Members Posts: 19,167 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Man my ? still arent locked. Well let me not say they arent locked. Some of they are, like many of them in the back but the ones right in the front look like they are coming apart. I haven't gone to get my locs retwisted since November so since then theres been new growth. And my head is STILL itching. I wash my hair every 2 weeks, I use the cantor oil on my scalp. The itching is so annoying bruh.
  • OhMars
    Options
    Man my ? still arent locked. Well let me not say they arent locked. Some of they are, like many of them in the back but the ones right in the front look like they are coming apart. I haven't gone to get my locs retwisted since November so since then theres been new growth. And my head is STILL itching. I wash my hair every 2 weeks, I use the cantor oil on my scalp. The itching is so annoying bruh.

When did you first get twisted.
    Mix a little tea tree oil in with your oil, its an antiseptic
  • IceBergTaylor
    IceBergTaylor Members Posts: 19,167 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

When did you first get twisted.
    Mix a little tea tree oil in with your oil, its an antiseptic

Back in October.
    Had them retwisted twice once in November and once in December.

I actually got the idea about the Jamaican Cantor Oil from this thread a couple pages back.
  • blacktux
    Options
    Playboy there is no product that is going to shake that itch, you just have to buckle down and deal with it. But with that itch comes growth spurts trust.

That itch during the "ugly phase" is what binds us dreadheads together man, when i see a dread i already know what he went through LOL. Was a few days when i was starting when i was like MAN ? THIS...glad i stuck with it though.