Warren G - Regulate G-Funk Era

Options

Comments

• HipHopFiend91
    HipHopFiend91 Members Posts: 2,394
    edited July 2011
    Options
    ? no that ? is annoying with puffs ? ass saying yeah and ugh over the damn track.
  • Mvpbrodie93
    Mvpbrodie93 Members Posts: 8,036 ✭✭✭
    edited July 2011
    Options
    If you took the 14-15 best songs on LAD and lined it up against RTD, LAD would win. But the filler on the double disk(still GOAT Tho) makes RTD better
  • Who Cares???
    Who Cares??? Members Posts: 1,167
    edited July 2011
    Options
    tompetrez3 wrote: »
    ? ny. nobody give a damn about the mecca. the same ? ass ? you praising is the reason why the mecca hasnt been relevant in 14 years. ? what you talking about. the album was mainstream. numbers dont lie. G Funk Era 5 times platnium in 94. 49 States>noo yawk ? . regulate the biggest hip hop single in 94. 4 times platnium on ATR SDTK. warren G owned 94. warren g gave NYC the blueprint to how to freak a isley brother/mtume sample that all of their rappers lived by in 1995 and beyond. RTD was sugar sweet pop candy. sucking somebody father ? is a glimpse into street life? good thing i was sheltered in the burbs then smh

You got any evidence to support your numbers? I wanna see where G-Funk is 5x plat today. ? all the other crying you doing. I mean you anti-NY ? are corny as hell. What you came up here and got your ass stomped out 10 years ago and still holding grudges? Stand upright and stop slouching. NY don't give a ? about you or your kind.
  • thesynthesis
    thesynthesis Members Posts: 9,230 ✭✭✭
    edited July 2011
    Options
    ? no that ? is annoying with puffs ? ass saying yeah and ugh over the damn track.

whichever way you look at it, Puff played a major rule in making Biggy have more mainstream appeal,

if it were up to Biggy all of his album would have been dark and serial killerish, songs like Juicy, Big Poppa etc wud never have made the cut
  • tompetrez3
    tompetrez3 Members Posts: 6,669 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2011
    Options
    RTD is a" i just started listening to rap in 2006 when my mom put ridin ? on my ipod and im finally start to catch up on 90s rap" classic. RTD wasnt ? in 94. ? will not rewrite history in here. ? that
  • Mvpbrodie93
    edited July 2011
    Options
    An album that went quadruple platinum wasnt ?
  • thesynthesis
    edited July 2011
    Options
    You got any evidence to support your numbers? I wanna see where G-Funk is 5x plat today. ? all the other crying you doing. I mean you anti-NY ? are corny as hell. What you came up here and got your ass stomped out 10 years ago and still holding grudges? Stand upright and stop slouching. NY don't give a ? about you or your kind.

G Funk was 4 plat worldwide in 95

not sure about the US sales
  • DMTxTHC
    DMTxTHC Members Posts: 14,218 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2011
    Options
    ? what you talking about. the album was mainstream. numbers dont lie. G Funk Era 5 times platnium in 94. regulate the biggest hip hop single in 94. 4 times platnium on ATR SDTK. warren G owned 94. warren g gave NYC the blueprint to how to freak a isley brother/mtume sample that all of their rappers lived by in 1995 and beyond. RTD was sugar sweet pop candy.

So...RTD was mainstream but G-Funk was not?

Lol @ the second bolded though, you know you're bluffing. Even on singles like Big Poppa and Juicy, he was talking about robbery and gunplay. The album was ? from the intro to Suicidal Thoughts.
  • RuffDraft
    RuffDraft Members, Writer Posts: 4,753 ✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2011
    Options
    RTD is a" i just started listening to rap in 2006 when my mom put ridin ? on my ipod and im finally start to catch up on 90s rap" classic. RTD wasnt ? in 94. ? will not rewrite history in here. ? that

Why are you trapped in an era? Why can't an album that is a great album in the 60's be respected in the 90's? It's not about the era, it's about the music, period.
  • Mvpbrodie93
    edited July 2011
    Options
    So...RTD was mainstream but G-Funk was not?

Lol @ the second bolded though, you know you're bluffing. Even on singles like Big Poppa and Juicy, has was talking about robbery and gunplay. The album was ? from the intro to Suicidal Thoughts.
    Regulate was bigger sold 5 times platinum

But RTD was the mainstream album

LMAO
  • thesynthesis
    edited July 2011
    Options
    I also think it's not fair to compare RTD and G Funk

the name says it all, G Funk is an album anyone can relate to, its about ur average ? ,

Ready To Die has a lot of dark ? and its way more ? , certain songs u may skip depending on ur mood, it a blend of fun and extreme

Ready To Die and MATW have more in common and MATW ? on it by a long mile....no bias
  • Who Cares???
    Who Cares??? Members Posts: 1,167
    edited July 2011
    Options

LMAO

I swear that ? is delusional. Probably one of the ? who got a name in his town with a population of 1000, watched videos of people at Times Square and though ? was cool. Came here with his chest out, got his drawers pulled over his head and went back home with a grudge. I see through you.
  • Mvpbrodie93
    edited July 2011
    Options
    Not close, and that's pac's best album but no

I also think it's not fair to compare RTD and G Funk

the name says it all, G Funk is an album anyone can relate to, its about ur average ? ,

Ready To Die has a lot of dark ? and its way more ? , certain songs u may skip depending on ur mood, it a blend of fun and extreme

Ready To Die and MATW have more in common and MATW ? on it by a long mile....no bias
  • DMTxTHC
    edited July 2011
    Options

MATW and Ready To Die are both dark, RTD was more lyrical, while MATW was more personal imo. Both personal favorites of mine, great comparison though.
  • Mvpbrodie93
    edited July 2011
    Options
    I swear that ? is delusional. Probably one of the ? who got a name in his town with a population of 1000, watched videos of people at Times Square and though ? was cool. Came here with his chest out, got his drawers pulled over his head and went back home with a grudge. I see through you.

You can hate NY I don't care but if you biased against somewhere ? air gonna take your opinion seriously

RTD was the pop mainstream album like drake(implying it's the most popular or one of the most popular things in hip hop) today

But now it's, RTD wasn't ? in 94'

Make up your mind
  • thesynthesis
    edited July 2011
    Options
    Not close, and that's pac's best album but no

thats ur opinion

MATW is a masterpiece from start to end, and RTD doesnt come close to it, not in a million years

also Pac had full creative control over his album unlike BIGGY, so the product was always going to be better....
  • Mvpbrodie93
    edited July 2011
    Options
    MATW and Ready To Die are both dark, RTD was more lyrical, while MATW gave you more than just a glimpse of who Pac was as a person imo. Both personal favorites of mine, good comparison though.

If I had to take 5 Rap albums to an island MATW and RTD would be in my tip 5
  • Mvpbrodie93
    edited July 2011
    Options
    Outlaw
    Heavy in the game

Suck. That's not a masterpiece(Which is a flawless work)

I'd only name like 3-7 hip hop albums masterpieces
  • G Mack
    G Mack Members Posts: 6,255 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2011
    Options

LMAO

G-funk sold a lot because it was great music everyone could bump and relate too.....it was mainstream with a underground feel which is why it had a cult following.....my cousin grew up in Socal and he told me how a lot of them punk rockers highly acknowledged tha album

RTD was very pop mainstream compared to GF...especially with the singles

at the end of the day there both great albums
  • Mvpbrodie93
    edited July 2011
    Options
    G-funk sold a lot because it was great music everyone could bump and relate too.....it was mainstream with a underground feel which is why it had a cult following.....my cousin grew up in Socal and he told me how a lot of them punk rockers highly acknowledged tha album

RTD was very mainstream compared to GF...especially with the singles

I'm fine with that, but you can't say At first RTD was a mainstream pop album and then right after it wasn't ? in 1994'. That doesn't make sense
  • thesynthesis
    edited July 2011
    Options
    Outlaw
    Heavy in the game

Suck. That's not a masterpiece(Which is a flawless work)

I'd only name like 3-7 hip hop albums masterpieces

Outlaw is a classic

ad Heavy In The Game still gettin played to this day...classic

Dear Mamma, Shed So Many Tears, Death Around the Corner, Lord Knows, If I Die 2Nite>> RTD
  • Mvpbrodie93
    edited July 2011
    Options
    The lyrical gap is way to big(no pun intended), plus the production is Better and it's more well rounded.

Big's Mic skills were just on a Whole nother level from PAC

Lyrically
    Storytelling
    Flow
    Delivery
    Freestyling

We'll jus agree to disagree
  • blackstarr
    blackstarr Members Posts: 1,222 ✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2011
    Options
    Heavy in the game sucks?? Really tho smh
  • DMTxTHC
    edited July 2011
    Options

RTD was very pop mainstream compared to GF...especially with the singles

RTD was dark as hell, what was so 'pop mainstream' about it?
    Big Poppa-"Tremendous cream, ? a dollar and a dream, still tote gats strapped with infared beams"
    Juicy-"I was a common thief, now it's up close and personal with Robin Leach"
    Warning...really?

I can understand G-Funk being more relatable, but c'mon.
  • Mvpbrodie93
    edited July 2011
    Options
    Temptations the best song on MATW