Better movement: Chopped and Screwed or Hyphy Movement?

Options
2»

Comments

• OGClarenceBoddicker
    OGClarenceBoddicker Members Posts: 4,493 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2011
    Options
    Slowed and Chopped

I'm from the South so you know it's Screw all day. Rest In Love DJ Screw

Biggie - Juicy(Slowed and Chopped)

Co-sign if it aint no original DJ Screw I don't even want it can't nobody do it like Screw, plus most of his ? is old now so it got that rundown grungy sound to it on top of it being chopped and screwed nobody ? wit screw, you can't beat the original, I listen to screw sober.
  • N Due Time
    N Due Time Members Posts: 17
    edited August 2011
    Options
    screw.............
  • im_lux
    im_lux Members Posts: 2,419 ✭✭
    edited August 2011
    Options
    you can listen to it sober. the right person has to slow and chop it too. A lot of ppl be choppin these songs wrong and they be sloppy.

Basically, it's some laid back ? . It aint some ? that's posed to get you crunk. Posed to calm down, drive slow, swang, and jus chill mane.

Yeah I love laid back music but on the same note that ? ain't laid back to me it's just what it is...slow.

But to each is own it's just not my type of music...I'm a fan of all different types of rap/hip hop music and from anywhere in the states but that extra country ? missed me for some reason. I don't hear to many people out in the A listening to it though. Or maybe I'm just not listening hard enough.
  • King Lee
    King Lee Members, Writer Posts: 1,474 ✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2011
    Options
    I hate both movements, but if I had to choose I would go with Chopped and Screwed. I remember Still Tippin Chopped n Screwed mix playing on MTV and it was painful to watch.
  • PanchoYoSancho
    PanchoYoSancho Members Posts: 13,177 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2011
    Options
    Im no longer a "screwhead" like I once was, but there's still plenty of songs I rather listen to S&C than regular speed. Screw music is just like Texas, laid back.

rofl @ hyphy
  • N Due Time
    N Due Time Members Posts: 17
    edited August 2011
    Options
  • Ear2DaSt
    Ear2DaSt Members Posts: 10,480 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2011
    Options
    Screwheads are just as brainwashed as mainstream stars they won't listen to chopped n screwed unless its Dj Screw!
    Get over it theres other sh_t out there all the brainwashed are the same except this time they do it for a Dj that only slowed and chopped up other peoples hard earned creativity it took all them artist in beat makers to create a beat for Screw to make he might of been good at puting it together but he didn't produce the music its not all his vocal talent on the track.
    Ofcourse people are gonna like your music when you take the best of everyonelses creativity then tweek it and everyone swears up n down your a musical masterminded genius! Dj Screw was a goood Dj that slowed the music down and started cuting. The only original thing done was slowing but they even say someonelse discovered Slow music in a tape deck with low batteries we all heard that before.
    Im just saying yall over do it om all the homage.
  • Logic Last
    Logic Last Members Posts: 2,795 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2011
    Options
    i never understood the appeal of chopped and screwed but i dont knock it
  • PanchoYoSancho
    PanchoYoSancho Members Posts: 13,177 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2011
    Options
    Ear2DaSt wrote: »
    Screwheads are just as brainwashed as mainstream stars they won't listen to chopped n screwed unless its Dj Screw!
    Get over it theres other sh_t out there all the brainwashed are the same except this time they do it for a Dj that only slowed and chopped up other peoples hard earned creativity it took all them artist in beat makers to create a beat for Screw to make he might of been good at puting it together but he didn't produce the music its not all his vocal talent on the track.
    Ofcourse people are gonna like your music when you take the best of everyonelses creativity then tweek it and everyone swears up n down your a musical masterminded genius! Dj Screw was a goood Dj that slowed the music down and started cuting. The only original thing done was slowing but they even say someonelse discovered Slow music in a tape deck with low batteries we all heard that before.

Dude, you're a ? idiot. The vast majority DJ Screw classics were laid down by members of the Screwed Up Click.

Dont run your mouth on on what you know nothing about.

As a matter of fact, judging by your sig you seem bitter that the SPC is know where as big as the SUC was.
  • OGClarenceBoddicker
    OGClarenceBoddicker Members Posts: 4,493 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2011
    Options
    Ear2DaSt wrote: »

Just as simple as this nobody can make it sound like screw, nobody, it aint no stan ? its just truth. you cant beat the creator. I used to listen to other screw dj's until I found DJ screw, other ? just dont measure up at all.

Aint that how hip hop started.
  • Ear2DaSt
    Ear2DaSt Members Posts: 10,480 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2011
    Options
    When he started to get bigger was with "3 N Da Mornin" the album half them songs aint SUC songs!
  • Co_Town_Michael
    Co_Town_Michael Members Posts: 5,551 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2011
    Options
    Drake and Big Sean wack ? are horrible examples for chopped & screwed music....
    DJ Screw's original sound >>>>>>>> every wack ? that tried to duplicate it.
    Shout to Michael "5000" Watts on them Swishahouse mixtapes tho..
  • ibedamned
    ibedamned Members Posts: 3,098 ✭✭
    edited August 2011
    Options
    They both give me a headache. Screw IS NOT road trip music tho, ? will have you in a ditch sleep wakin up to flashing lights.
  • southernmade
    southernmade Members Posts: 2,450 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2011
    Options
    screw is an aquired taste....not all cats in texas like it either.....i ? with it....its not as popular as it used to be.....it used to be standard for all cd's and mixtapes that came out in texas had to be screwed and chopped......once it got mainstream everyone felt like they could do it.......if it aint dj screw, watts, og ron c (even though his choppin was ehhh) then i dont want to hear it....

sidenote: damn houstons/texas run was short as hell.....nobody from my state is making classic music anymore......the days of ugk and the ghetto boys is over.....
  • Co_Town_Michael
    Co_Town_Michael Members Posts: 5,551 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2011
    Options
    screw is an aquired taste....not all cats in texas like it either.....i ? with it....its not as popular as it used to be.....it used to be standard for all cd's and mixtapes that came out in texas had to be screwed and chopped......once it got mainstream everyone felt like they could do it.......if it aint dj screw, watts, og ron c (even though his choppin was ehhh) then i dont want to hear it....

sidenote: damn houstons/texas run was short as hell.....nobody from my state is making classic music anymore......the days of ugk and the ghetto boys is over.....

C/s the bolded 100%
    Especially OG Ron C. that ? was the WOAT on some of the projects that he chopped and screwed.
    as for everyone chopping and ? , word to my Z-Ro "I'm still Livin'" Cd chopped and screwed by DJ Paul Wall lol.