Official Alicia Keys Appreciation Thread

Options
Bwoahmizzee
Bwoahmizzee Members Posts: 6,962 ✭✭✭
edited July 2010 in R&B & Alternatives
I haven't heard the whole CD but the songs that are out now sound gooder than muthafucka to me.

I guess everybody been so busy being worried about her and Swizz they forgot she was a beast

OK I'm done

Comments

• Ibex
    Ibex Members Posts: 7,935 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2010
    Options
    I appreciate the way she looks and her talent but, her music has been ? since her second CD
  • Mrslim1
    Mrslim1 Members Posts: 2,614 ✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2010
    Options
    A.Keys is very talented we cant not deny that. As a person who enjoys artist such as Curtis Mayfield , EWF, Sam Cooke, Marvin Gaye , Maxwell , Sade , Brand New Heavies etc. A.Keys doesn't do it for me musically all the time. My main prob with A.Keys is that I feel that she has the talent to make more musical music. Music that has an epic sound like the theme of Shaft. She IMO can do so much more with the musical ability she has. But that is because I ask for more with the music I listen too my .
  • tri3w
    tri3w Members Posts: 3,142 ✭✭
    edited April 2010
    Options
    Mrslim1 wrote: »
    A.Keys is very talented we cant not deny that. As a person who enjoys artist such as Curtis Mayfield , EWF, Sam Cooke, Marvin Gaye , Maxwell , Sade , Brand New Heavies etc. A.Keys doesn't do it for me musically all the time. My main prob with A.Keys is that I feel that she has the talent to make more musical music. Music that has an epic sound like the theme of Shaft. She IMO can do so much more with the musical ability she has. But that is because I ask for more with the music I listen too my .

*Sigh* .............i agree with u, but this is the Dillemmia In our Music; Craft vs. Sales
  • Mrslim1
    edited April 2010
    Options
    tri3w wrote: »
    *Sigh* .............i agree with u, but this is the Dillemmia In our Music; Craft vs. Sales

But is really a Dilemma ? I mean Maxwell came back to the scene with quality sold , so did Sade. A.Keys has a smart fanbase , that would appreciate quality music. Hell when she first got on she was opening for Maxwell in concerts which gave her exposure to a musical fanbase. I just think alot of artist are out of touch of what fans really want and also scared to be true to the artform of music. They are just pressed to make a hit and not quality timeless music . A.Keys has the ability musically to not only make a funky groove like Issac Hayes but also make chart topping music with a high music IQ. Just my opinion
  • G Mack
    G Mack Members Posts: 6,255 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2010
    Options
    I liked A.Keys earlier in her career, her first two album where dope...as of recent she;s been bland seem like she just lost it....the album she just came with is garbage and the one before that was average at best
  • supern0va_
    supern0va_ Members Posts: 214
    edited April 2010
    Options
    her new single is the TRUTH

the song has had me hooked since i first heard it

She's created so many great songs since she first started.
  • churchboy2
    churchboy2 Members Posts: 477
    edited April 2010
    Options
    SMH @ the un-appreciation in this appreciation thread.

AK is the truth dot com.
  • bow to royalty
    bow to royalty Members Posts: 3,985 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2010
    Options
    I like Alicia Keys's songs. But I question how great a singer she is. It seems like when I see her performing live lately, it's just not that good.
  • Mrslim1
    edited April 2010
    Options
    Churchboy2 wrote: »
    SMH @ the un-appreciation in this appreciation thread.

AK is the truth dot com.

It not so much that. But when you have been exposed to great music it hard to accept anything else. Times do change and the sound of the music does change , however greatness and great music from any era stands out. A.Keys has that ability but hasn't always reached new heights with her music.
  • CMac
    CMac Members Posts: 5,748 ✭✭✭
    edited April 2010
    Options
    I appreciate A Keys 100%, she anit putting out the same quality music she did in the past but shes still a great singer.
  • muzicluvr1986
    muzicluvr1986 Members Posts: 709
    edited April 2010
    Options

please show me a current artist who can touch this. a singer who's talking in a song is just as amazing as her singin in the video...go head ill wait.

akeys been my fav since she 1st came out with her debut..her music is alil more weak then what it use to be, but she is still great nonetheless. I think her music is changing because she tryna stay with the times and step from behind the piano alil bit. Something ill rather she not do, akeys aint akeys unless she on that piano!

its all good though, she's gonna go down as one of the GOATS of our generation and of music period. and if ya never seen her live in concert, make that a wish on ya bucket list. real ? .
  • Super Lex
    Super Lex Members Posts: 460
    edited April 2010
    Options

its all good though, she's gonna go down as one of the GOATS of our generation and of music period. and if ya never seen her live in concert, make that a wish on ya bucket list. real ? .

The Element of Freedom tour is an experience. I wish I could go back and see it again. Fallen on her tour>>>>>>>>>>>the way she plays it on tv. Oh my goodness. Completely different and more entertaining. I wish I knew what that instrument she used was called. If I didn't know any better, I'd think she was showing off on that tour.

I disagree with everyone saying the music is weaker though. I like that the last 2 albums sound different musically from her first 2. None of them really sound alike in that aspect and I appreciate that ? . I haven't not liked a song on her albums yet.
  • Punisher__
    Punisher__ Members Posts: 3,031 ✭✭
    edited April 2010
    Options
    She's cool.

Her songwriting is a little subpar, though.
  • fiat_money
    fiat_money Members Posts: 16,654 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2010
    Options
    I don't listen to R&B, but I'd still put a good portion of my ? inside of her.
  • Punisher__
    edited April 2010
    Options
    fiat_money wrote: »
    I don't listen to R&B, but I'd still put a good portion of my ? inside of her.

What do you listen to?
  • G.R.I.P. Money $$$
    G.R.I.P. Money $$$ Members Posts: 18,939 ✭✭✭
    edited April 2010
    Options
    c/s err post in this thread, especially the last half of fiat's...
  • detcatinva
    detcatinva Members Posts: 11,691 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2010
    Options
    her music been gettin corny lately IMO
  • laroc
    laroc Members Posts: 1,000
    edited April 2010
    Options
    Keys is the bee's knees! N she got azz! LMAO!
  • fiat_money
    edited April 2010
    Options
    Punisher__ wrote: »
    What do you listen to?
    Rap/Hip-Hop.
  • usmarin3
    usmarin3 Members Posts: 38,013 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2010
    Options
    How is she better than Beyonce, B is better vocally and a way better performer. Content is all a relative term, people relate to different music for different reasons. A Keyes look uncomfortable as hell when she ain't behind the piano
  • Punisher__
    edited April 2010
    Options
    usmarin3 wrote: »
    How is she better than Beyonce, B is better vocally and a way better performer. Content is all a relative term, people relate to different music for different reasons. A Keyes look uncomfortable as hell when she ain't behind the piano

Beyonce is a better performer...why? Because she shakes her ass, half naked on stage? Not arguing against that...but that's not being an artist. It's called being a stripper.

Alicia is too classy for that.
  • fiat_money
    edited April 2010
    Options
    laroc wrote: »
    Keys is the bee's knees! N she got azz! LMAO!
    Debatable.
  • Punisher__
    edited April 2010
    Options
    fiat_money wrote: »
    Rap/Hip-Hop.

That's it?
  • detcatinva
    detcatinva Members Posts: 11,691 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2010
    Options
    [QUOTE=PimpMVP;553245]It has been getting repetitive but it's better than most of the music Beyonce put outs...

I think she needs to stop wanting to be in the background and market the ? outta herself[/QUOTE]

c/s the beyonce part. But beyonce target audience is lil white teenage girls. thats how she makes all that money. I would like to see beyonce make more R&B and more black music but she probably wouldnt have as much money if she went in that direction
  • G.R.I.P. Money $$$
    G.R.I.P. Money $$$ Members Posts: 18,939 ✭✭✭
    edited April 2010
    Options
    detcatinva wrote: »
    her music been gettin corny lately IMO

this is also a bit true...