Official Alicia Keys Appreciation Thread

Options

Comments

• boat1580
    boat1580 Members Posts: 200
    edited April 2010
    Options
    first, i just want to say that for the people that are saying that alicia isn't better, and how is that possible, etc? it is a matter of OPINION. everyone is entitled to it, why fight over it, you are not going to change their opinions, some folks just prefer alicia , i don't get why you have to take that personally, you cannot make everyone like the artist that you like, that would even bother me, if every single person liked my fave artist (very little room for me then, lol). there is nothing wrong with that, you like who you like, you don't care for certain people and that is fine. that doesn't make them evil. my goodness.
  • Miltown Marauder
    Miltown Marauder Members Posts: 2,881 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2010
    Options
    Alicia Keys= GREAT singles, BAD albums
  • blatin35
    blatin35 Members Posts: 176
    edited April 2010
    Options
    PimpMVP wrote: »
    Lol word I've heard Alicia Keys murder tracks....people underrate her voice

See this is the reason..I pipe you down nightly without charging you

Alicia is really not that great of a singer...
  • aswadh
    aswadh Members Posts: 411
    edited May 2010
    Options
    Alicia makes aiight music but she's overrated. She's def not that great of a singer. I guess people like her cuz of her image, her ability to play the piano and her looks. If she was less pretty and darker copmplected she wouldn't be as big as she is now.
    blatin35 wrote: »
    Alicia is really not that great of a singer...

Been saying that for years...
  • Curtwill
    Curtwill Members Posts: 7
    edited May 2010
    Options
    Oh, Alicia is a future legend. And since she was mentioned, so is Beyoncè. They're different. Alicia is an instrumentalist who can sing well, while Bey is a great vocalist/visual performer who uses her voice in a multi-instrumental way. Her vocal arrangements are crazy, she's probably the best female rhythmic singer of her time. And she's a great producer too. She uses her voice to produce while the writers who work with her, play what she hums: (When I have just a beat it’s the most fun for me. I’ll get somebody to play whatever I hum for the bassline. So I’m creating a whole track with my voice.” http://www.zimbio.com/Beyonce+Knowles/articles/979/Most+Depth+Article+ve+Ever+Read+Beyonc ) And I heard many a producer talk about Bey's ear. Jim Jonson who worked with her on Radio and Sweet Dreams talked about how Beyoncé had all these ideas for him, while they were in the studio. And we all know Alicia and Krucial does good work too production wise, especially when they are on their A game.

I was just listening to a Prince interview talking about Bey's knowledge of scales and music overall. He's talking in the context of her vocals because we know she's not an instrumentalist. Great vocalists are great musicians too, because they have a great ear especially for music that sounds best for their voice and vocal phrasing. Plus, they have different sounds. Alicia is ballad heavy with her sound, while Bey is Uptempo/Ballad Urban Dance with hers. They both have classic albums...they give you different things. I prefer Beyoncé though. But Alicia is a future legend and will be talked about history books to come.
  • Weazel
    Weazel Members Posts: 3,955 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2010
    Options
  • kAjUn
    kAjUn Members Posts: 2,439 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2010
    Options
    I honestly think it's even between them too, Alicia has more creativity when it comes to her songs and plays instruments, but beyonce is a better singer and can dance.

Who would I pipe first? B, Alicia is beautiful but she has no ? and no butt to go along with her thickness.
  • kAjUn
    edited May 2010
    Options
    Nvm she got alil somethin somethin...

000u2.png
  • inia
    inia Members Posts: 163 ✭✭
    edited May 2010
    Options
    aswadh wrote: »
    Alicia makes aiight music but she's overrated. She's def not that great of a singer. I guess people like her cuz of her image, her ability to play the piano and her looks. If she was less pretty and darker copmplected she wouldn't be as big as she is now.

Been saying that for years...
    I agree. Anyone forgot how Angie Stone's career didn't really take off when her musical ability is about the same as Alicia's? Angie used to be with J Records/Clive Davis but she didn't have an industry home that made her feel at home. Plus, musically, Alicia comfortably channels her appeal between pop and neo soul, so it's a lot easier to sell.

SMH@some folks here bringing up her looks to shift the focus.
  • rip.dilla
    rip.dilla Members Posts: 17,412 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2010
    Options
    inia wrote: »
    I agree. Anyone forgot how Angie Stone's career didn't really take off when her musical ability is about the same as Alicia's? Angie used to be with J Records/Clive Davis but she didn't have an industry home that made her feel at home. Plus, musically, Alicia comfortably channels her appeal between pop and neo soul, so it's a lot easier to sell.

SMH@some folks here bringing up her looks to shift the focus.

That's what its all about...

When Bey goes half naked in her vids and on stage... what is she tryna prove???
  • not this again!
    not this again! Members Posts: 2,059 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2010
    Options
    kAjUn wrote: »
    I honestly think it's even between them too, Alicia has more creativity when it comes to her songs and plays instruments, but beyonce is a better singer and can dance.

Who would I pipe first? B, Alicia is beautiful but she has no ? and no butt to go along with her thickness.

B doesn't have any ? , either. And she ain't as thick as Alicia.
  • kAjUn
    edited May 2010
    Options
    B doesn't have any ? , either. And she ain't as thick as Alicia.
    but beyonce has some type of cushion

and are you seriously trying to debate that Keys has a better body?
    4465025228_2dbcb6f0ab_o.png

or you just saying you prefer hers more cause she's thicker?

And because somebody is thicker doesn't necessarily equate as better

jordan sparks is thicker too but that's because she's a big ? , but i wouldn't consider her body as fine

keys falls into the same category, some chicks may not be as thick but has more curves which looks better
  • kAjUn
    edited May 2010
    Options
    rip.dilla wrote: »
    That's what its all about...

When Bey goes half naked in her vids and on stage... what is she tryna prove???

that she's a bad ?
  • KillaCham
    KillaCham Members, Moderators Posts: 11,417 Regulator
    edited May 2010
    Options
    Punisher__ wrote: »
    Beyonce is a better performer...why? Because she shakes her ass, half naked on stage? Not arguing against that...but that's not being an artist. It's called being a stripper.

Alicia is too classy for that.
    Because she captures and entertains the hell out of her audience no matter what she's doing. Dancing, sitting, standing by the mic stand, hanging and doing flips on strings in mid-air...and the vocals are always on point. Alicia's stiff, brollic ass isn't ? without her piano.

Beyonce's hitting every note while sliding backwards on the floor on her back >>> Alicia's vocals when she's in her element. YouTube don't lie.
  • KillaCham
    edited May 2010
    Options
    rip.dilla wrote: »
    Alicia helped Jay to one of his biggest hits in years for crying out loud...

His Missus is yet to achieve that...
    The Yankees being in, and winning the world series did that.
  • churchboy2
    churchboy2 Members Posts: 477
    edited May 2010
    Options
    Your a Jay/Beyonce stan my dude.....so of course you would say this....

I'll say this...Beyonce is a more energetic performer......
    Alicia keys make better music tho....and her voice for some reason is waayyyy better in my opinion...even tho I know people disagree with this

^^^ word for word co-sign
  • Cake4real
    Cake4real Members Posts: 815
    edited May 2010
    Options
    Not like I use to
  • Dupac
    Dupac Members, Writer Posts: 68,365 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2010
    Options

Alicia Keys>>>>>Beyonce

Smh at B getting more shine

this song reminds me of something.....something recent, i can't put my finger on it
  • KillaCham
    edited May 2010
    Options
    dusouljah wrote: »
    this song reminds me of something.....something recent, i can't put my finger on it
    this? ??

frenkel_sleepingpills_main.jpg
  • shortnsweet12
    shortnsweet12 Members Posts: 36
    edited May 2010
    Options
    KillaCham. wrote: »
    Because she captures and entertains the hell out of her audience no matter what she's doing. Dancing, sitting, standing by the mic stand, hanging and doing flips on strings in mid-air...and the vocals are always on point. Alicia's stiff, brollic ass isn't ? without her piano.

Beyonce's hitting every note while sliding backwards on the floor on her back >>> Alicia's vocals when she's in her element. YouTube don't lie.

Ouch.

I think Alicia Keys is more classy and mature with her music. Beyonce is sexy, capturing and more fun.

I love 'em both! They even did a song together on Miss Key's most recent album, and its different on Alicia's part but it's a fun song too.
  • KillaCham
    edited May 2010
    Options
    I love 'em both! They even did a song together on Miss Key's most recent album, and its different on Alicia's part but it's a fun song too.
    I hate how people single out that song and say it's the worst on the album like Beyonce had anything to do with that. Her even being on that song was a last minute decision.

...and wow, is this thread really a sticky??...
  • shortnsweet12
    shortnsweet12 Members Posts: 36
    edited May 2010
    Options
    KillaCham. wrote: »
    I hate how people single out that song and say it's the worst on the album like Beyonce had anything to do with that. Her even being on that song was a last minute decision.

...and wow, is this thread really a sticky??...

They say dats da worst song?? Ummm no. In my opinion, miss keys failed wit Like da Sea :ox it jus was not my favorite lol

In all tho, I prefer her CD As I am. Every song was real good
  • gunot_killa
    gunot_killa Members Posts: 1,330
    edited May 2010
    Options
    ? that homewrecker cumbucket ? . karma a ? ain't it alicia???? homewrecking ? have fun with ya bastard son cuz swizz gon leave yo ass.

G Unit Crip 4 Life
  • supern0va_
    supern0va_ Members Posts: 214
    edited June 2010
    Options
    http://itunes.apple.com/us/album/un-thinkable-im-ready-remix/id374980722

un-thinkable (i'm ready) remix with drake is nice! the intro is different from the leaked version.
  • the_underground
    the_underground Members Posts: 1,561 ✭✭
    edited June 2010
    Options
    I liked A.Keys earlier in her career, her first two album where dope...as of recent she;s been bland seem like she just lost it....the album she just came with is garbage and the one before that was average at best

Basically.