young_reezy Members Posts: 3,129 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2010
    Options
    exactly what i'm talkin bout
  • south4life
    south4life Members Posts: 9,113 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2010
    Options
    Be up front with ya dissing, at least Pac was up front, he let u know he was dissing ya ass and didn't back down from it.
    He said it and u could take it how u wanted, Pac was that ? and Big knew it but tried to play like he didn't.
    Charli Baltimore said in a interview after the movie Notorious came out that, Big listened to Makaveli: Tha Don Killumanti: 7 Day Theory all the time.
    So dude was still a fan and he was still buying Pac's music.
    Jay-Z has perfected that craft with the subliminal shots and hiding his hands, he learned that from Big.
  • young_reezy
    edited April 2010
    Options
    really thats how some NY cats used to do it in the 90's nas used to do it too. i guess they thought only smart ? would get it or whatever, it just make it seem like you don't want to say what you're really tryna say to me.
  • south4life
    edited April 2010
    Options
    That's why Boot Camp Click, Ghostface and Raekwon didn't like Big
  • young_reezy
    edited April 2010
    Options
    nas didn't either at the time, thats probably why nas didn't ? wit jay-z on reasonable doubt, he wanted nas on the album and in the dead prez video, had to get A.Z. instead. ? saw bigs image as being fake, especially the fact he was ? wit puff, big was large in the industry he brought the east back mainstream wise so they say but not too many emcee's from NY was rockin wit him, you can say success breeds hate but some ? saw it as a sham.
  • south4life
    edited April 2010
    Options
    But let them tell it, nobody in New York was ? with Pac and Big was ? To New Yorkers.
    I went to New York 3 months after Pac died to go visit my Aunt and everywhere I went I was hearing, Hell Mary, Toss It Up, Against All Odds and Hit'em Up.
    My Aunt lives in Bed Stuy and this is where I was hearing these songs at, in the park, cars riding by and ? walking by with boom boxes.
    I was shocked that Big's beloved Bed Stuy was listening to 2pac, that let me know that Pac was still getting love in NY, not like what people was saying.
  • KLICHE
    KLICHE Members Posts: 5,061 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2010
    Options
    word, jay over on tour doing pac tributes at his show

funny thing is if BIG aint die, none of these ? wud be doing Pac tributes.

Most of those that were former foes of pacs do the tributes not out of respect.. they do it cause majority of rap fans love Pac and do it to kind of get the fans to side even more with the person like Jay Z and think oh he down with the pac movement so to speak.. I doubt outside of that Jay Z is even worrying about Pac
  • thetruth391
    thetruth391 Members Posts: 2,367 ✭✭
    edited April 2010
    Options
    them ? is dead
    and until u speak 2 either of them
    this ? is ALL speculation
  • young_reezy
    edited April 2010
    Options
    them ? is dead
    and until u speak 2 either of them
    this ? is ALL speculation

so now we speculating on biggie sneak dissin?

who on the IC is speaking to any of these rappers dead or alive?
  • kingblaze84
    kingblaze84 Members Posts: 14,288 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2010
    Options
    Interesting thread......the truth will never fully be known on who killed Pac and Biggie but here is my theory on everything.....

2pac got shot by some people that knew Biggie.....why would 2pac lie about looking at Biggie and feeling Biggie looked almost disappointed to see him alive? Why didn't Biggie visit 2pac in the hospital?? Weren't they friends at one point?? Biggie dropping "Who Shot Ya" was a DISS toward 2pac as far as I'm concerned....I love Biggie and Pac, but I know that Biggie shouldn't have dropped a song like Who Shot Ya around the same time 2pac was suffering from bullet holes. Biggie was a very smart man, he knew exactly what he was doing.....

The 2nd time Pac got shot, to be honest, I don't think Biggie was involved directly.....but Biggie was probably smiling when 2pac got killed, and I wouldn't have blamed him, considering how 2pac was talking about how "his 4-4 would make sure all his kids won't grow"......2pac may have gone too far with that line, but the beef was deeper than rap so known of us have a right to judge.....

In the end though, 2pac and Biggie, along with hip-hop, all took a loss on this. We lost 2 of the greatest rappers to ever live, and we miss their presence to this day.

RIP to 2pac and Biggie, hope to meet ya'll someday if there's a heaven out there...........
  • Fazeem_Blackall
    Fazeem_Blackall Members Posts: 4,216 ✭✭
    edited April 2010
    Options
    I always respected Biggie as a lyricist I liked his flow and he made 2 classic albums, many classic verses etc...

one thing i didn't respect was how he'd throw rocks and hide his hands, that sneak diss ? was weak to me. nothing wrong with showing your lyrical ability but don't cover it up like you not talking about "you know who" as he put it, everybody knew he used to diss pac here and there, he just never came out and said it, in interviews he'd go the extra mile to cover it up like nah we aint worried about them we just doing what we do. what was the purpose of that? i mean if you just gone do you and keep it moving cool, but why are you spending time dissing a ? but hiding it?
    south4life wrote: »
    I feel u, I remember him and Lil Cease on Yo! MTV talking smack and then he plays innocent like he never said anything at all. Look Up BIGGIE SPEAKS- WISE WORDS OR ? ? on YouTube and listen to him and look at how Cease is acting the whole time.

In his words this is what he said, "I Can't Really Listen To That Hip Hop Too Much Man Cause They Be Talking Garbage Man, Some Of The MC's is aite but A Lot Of Them Is Corny Man"!
    "I Can't Really Get With Them, They Got That That Portrayal of Being, First They Tough, Then Something Happen To'em, They Turn To ? , Then When Everything's Cool, They Tough Again".
    "I Don't Understand It, It's Real Confusing To Me, So I Just Said I'm Just Gonna Listen To Me and Junior Mafia and Some Slow Jams, Cause I Can't Deal With These Characters Man".
    "And If I Hear One More Rapper Talk About Versace, Dolce and Gabbana, Leave It Alone It's Over Y'all, It's No More, It's Finished, I Started It, I'm Ending It, IT"S OVER, Thank U"
    Then Lil Cease Gonna Put His Two Cent In with "And Y'all Don't Copy It".

That's what I didn't like, Big always tried to make it like he didn't say anything to keep it going but, every now and then he would throw shots and subliminals at Pac and then say he wasn't talking about him or in his word "DUKE".
    Pac said it, "This was between me and Big but everybody had to open they mouth with a ? opinion".
    Watch Resurrection in the special features, 2pac's cousins and sister said if Big had talked to Pac face to face instead of ducking and dodging him, it would have got deaded but, when u ignore Pac he is going to keep coming at u until u respond. His own cousins and sister said that about him! Everybody was throwing shots at Pac for Big but, Pac wanted to hear from Big and only Big!
    LL came out with "I Shot Ya" and Lil Kim came with "Big Momma Thang" dissing Pac and Faith, listen to what she said, "Oh Yeah Who Shot Cha, Who Knows But They Got Cha, Fed Up, Wet Up, Maybe Next Time Ya Punk Ass will Keep ya Head Up". Now If I do recall, in the movie Notorious wasn't Big in the studio when Kim recorded this song?
    And wasn't Big writing for Kim back then? So why would u write a song dissing your OWN wife and throw shots at Pac and then act like u didn't do nothing?
    Be up front with ya dissing, at least Pac was up front, he let u know he was dissing ya ass and didn't back down from it.
    He said it and u could take it how u wanted, Pac was that ? and Big knew it but tried to play like he didn't.
    Charli Baltimore said in a interview after the movie Notorious came out that, Big listened to Makaveli: Tha Don Killumanti: 7 Day Theory all the time.
    So dude was still a fan and he was still buying Pac's music.
    Jay-Z has perfected that craft with the subliminal shots and hiding his hands, he learned that from Big.
    really thats how some NY cats used to do it in the 90's nas used to do it too. i guess they thought only smart ? would get it or whatever, it just make it seem like you don't want to say what you're really tryna say to me.
    That's why Boot Camp Click, Ghostface and Raekwon didn't like Big
    nas didn't either at the time, thats probably why nas didn't ? wit jay-z on reasonable doubt, he wanted nas on the album and in the dead prez video, had to get A.Z. instead. ? saw bigs image as being fake, especially the fact he was ? wit puff, big was large in the industry he brought the east back mainstream wise so they say but not too many emcee's from NY was rockin wit him, you can say success breeds hate but some ? saw it as a sham.
    But let them tell it, nobody in New York was ? with Pac and Big was ? To New Yorkers.
    I went to New York 3 months after Pac died to go visit my Aunt and everywhere I went I was hearing, Hell Mary, Toss It Up, Against All Odds and Hit'em Up.
    My Aunt lives in Bed Stuy and this is where I was hearing these songs at, in the park, cars riding by and ? walking by with boom boxes.
    I was shocked that Big's beloved Bed Stuy was listening to 2pac, that let me know that Pac was still getting love in NY, not like what people was saying.
    KLICHE wrote: »
    Most of those that were former foes of pacs do the tributes not out of respect.. they do it cause majority of rap fans love Pac and do it to kind of get the fans to side even more with the person like Jay Z and think oh he down with the pac movement so to speak.. I doubt outside of that Jay Z is even worrying about Pac

All of this is based on Industry Politics, and Pac and Biggie represented opposite sides of the system of the industry the Wild Independant and the Corporate interests, those still here in the rap game know this and play both sides of the fence but the truth as to what side they are on is plain if you watch what they do and say in both song and the real world...
  • thedesolateone
    thedesolateone Members Posts: 4,526 ✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2010
    Options
    powerful thread