Rate your team's draft

Options
Dick Shitman
Dick Shitman Members Posts: 9,032 ✭✭✭
edited April 2010 in From the Cheap Seats
After the first round. I'll up after the second and third day of drafting

Bengals: A

I wanted Dez Bryant, but I've talked myself into Gresham. BC of injuries, we were down to our 4th string TE last year and it showed. Gresham will help immediately. We can get a deep threat WR later in the draft

Comments

• MillzOG
    MillzOG Members, Moderators Posts: 14,508 Regulator
    edited April 2010
    Options
    to early to call, but i loved the Jets pick of Kyle Wilson...and the Colts pick of Jerry Hughes
  • killap
    killap Members Posts: 3,430 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2010
    Options
    My niners get a B+ so far not sure if they needed to trade up for Davis
  • themadlionsfan
    themadlionsfan Members Posts: 9,133 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2010
    Options
    Detroit Lions: A

With the drafting of Ndamkung Suh our interior line is set for the next five years.....we can now rotate three big DT with the other two being Sammie Lee Hill and Courtney Wiliams....our run defense is going to be alot better and having Suh line up next to Kyle Vandenbosch is really gonna help our pass rush.....we haven't had a decent pass rush since Robert Porcher was playing for the Lions....as for the drafting of Jahvid Best.....I love it...a speedy, elusive game breaking back who can catch out of the backfield...now we don't pick until the third round....but I would like to see some offensive line help or some secondary help...
  • nujerz84
    nujerz84 Members Posts: 15,418 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2010
    Options
    New York Giants #15- Jason Pierre-Paul I give it a B- he didnt really dominate in the Big East and that was with George Selvie constantly getting double and triple teamed. He extremely raw so his pick is based on his potential and athletic ability. I hope they dont trade OSI if the can keep him they cause use the 4 DE pass rush that was effective during there superbowl run when Strahan was playing.
  • ThaChozenWun
    ThaChozenWun Members Posts: 9,390
    edited April 2010
    Options
    Steelers B+

We needed a new center, but I think Hartwig would have been fine on the line for another year.

IMO we should have got a CB, McCourty or Wilson. Our corners got ate up last year.
  • allied
    allied Members Posts: 2,887 ✭✭✭
    edited April 2010
    Options
    I really wanted to Jets to pick Jerry Hudges he's the pass rusher we need and I think with the Jets getting Jason Taylor they layed off Hudges which ? me off alot; but I do like the Jets getting another corner cause the league is basically setup for quarterbacks to throw down the field. CoverBacks are more important than ever. And Rex knows this.
  • Dick Shitman
    edited April 2010
    Options
    *patiently waits for broncos fans*
  • allied
    edited April 2010
    Options
    nujerz84 wrote: »
    New York Giants #15- Jason Pierre-Paul I give it a B- he didnt really dominate in the Big East and that was with George Selvie constantly getting double and triple teamed. He extremely raw so his pick is based on his potential and athletic ability. I hope they dont trade OSI if the can keep him they cause use the 4 DE pass rush that was effective during there superbowl run when Strahan was playing.

I'm not getting on the Giants cause they are good at drafting pass rushers but everything they are saying about this kid they were saying about Gholston. Drafting more on potential than actual production. And at 15, I want a guy that can make a impact NOW, not in 3-4 years, but we'll see.
  • playmaker88
    playmaker88 Members Posts: 67,905 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2010
    Options
    Cowboy Dez Bryant you already know.. locked and loaded
    B
  • ThaChozenWun
    ThaChozenWun Members Posts: 9,390
    edited April 2010
    Options
    ? Shitman wrote: »
    *patiently waits for broncos fans*

consider_suicide.jpg

seriosuly broncos fans are considering it
  • Chef_Taylor
    Chef_Taylor Members Posts: 26,584 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2010
    Options
    Steelers picked up center maurice pouncey from florida...we needed a center so as of right now ill give us a b- we gotta tighten up in the secondary tho.
  • KeepOnPushing
    KeepOnPushing Members Posts: 17,569 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2010
    Options
    After the first round. I'll up after the second and third day of drafting

Bengals: A

I wanted Dez Bryant, but I've talked myself into Gresham. BC of injuries, we were down to our 4th string TE last year and it showed. Gresham will help immediately. We can get a deep threat WR later in the draft

If we Can get A.Benn I will Be okay with that as a 2nd ROund pick for our Deep threat, id Take Golden Tate but he wont last that long in the second Round, but im Still ? we didnt take Dez...
  • Dick Shitman
    edited April 2010
    Options
    If we Can get A.Benn I will Be okay with that as a 2nd ROund pick for our Deep threat, id Take Golden Tate but he wont last that long in the second Round, but im Still ? we didnt take Dez...

yea i'd love to get tate but i cant see him falling that far. im not big on a benn but if he falls to our second round pick, i wouldnt be mad. especially after the bust that is jerome simpson

if we cant get a WR, i'd like ballhawking safety in round 2
  • allied
    edited April 2010
    Options
    yea i'd love to get tate but i cant see him falling that far. im not big on a benn but if he falls to our second round pick, i wouldnt be mad. especially after the bust that is jerome simpson

Taylor Mays? I didn't like him going in the 1st round but I think he'll be a good pickup in the late 2nd.
  • KeepOnPushing
    edited April 2010
    Options

I just feel Like get the Best Skill Position Players while you Can, im Sure they're are other TIght Ends in the draft, he's not the only one who can play football, but the Level of play between Dez Bryant and the next WR is not even Close...
  • KeepOnPushing
    edited April 2010
    Options
    allied wrote: »
    Taylor Mays? I didn't like him going in the 1st round but I think he'll be a good pickup in the late 2nd.

Taylor Mays has 5 Career Int's at in a 4 year span at USC , how exactly is he a Ballhawking safety??...that dude is Garbage
  • Dick Shitman
    edited April 2010
    Options

i wouldnt mind that. he's not really a ballhawker, it'd be a good value pick
    I just feel Like get the Best Skill Position Players while you Can, im Sure they're are other TIght Ends in the draft, he's not the only one who can play football, but the Level of play between Dez Bryant and the next WR is not even Close...

i feel that. what ? me off, is that hypothetically we could have traded the 2nd rounders for brandon marshall, and got gresham in the first. then the offense is set
  • Dick Shitman
    edited April 2010
    Options
    PimpMVP wrote: »
    F-

Broncos drafted Tebow

cheer up. he'll carry that franchise back to respectability, much like he's carrying this overweight man

tebow_fat_guy.jpg
  • d.green
    d.green Members Posts: 12,051 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2010
    Options
    doubletee wrote: »
    Steelers picked up center maurice pouncey from florida...we needed a center so as of right now ill give us a b- we gotta tighten up in the secondary tho.

B-?

U needed a center and got the best one in college football.

Pouncey twins are tough and play the OL position like bullies. He's a great fit in Pittsburgh.

I'd say A grade.
  • KeepOnPushing
    edited April 2010
    Options
    if We Drafting Taylor Mays to Move to Outside Linebacker then im excited , but if they draft him to keep him at Safety then im gonna Kick a whole in my Flatscreen ...dude has no Clue at the safety position
  • nujerz84
    edited April 2010
    Options
    I'm not getting on the Giants cause they are good at drafting pass rushers but everything they are saying about this kid they were saying about Gholston. Drafting more on potential than actual production. And at 15, I want a guy that can make a impact NOW, not in 3-4 years, but we'll see.

He played on 1 yr of Divison 1 Football and he didnt dominate... and that with going 1 on 1 against a Tackle cause George Selvie the other DE at USF was constantly double and triple teamed. I gave it a B- cause Im giving the Giants the benfit cuz they are usually good at drafting DE's and with the possiblity that the Giants keep Osi and This pick pans out, a pass rush of Justin Tuck, Osi, Mathias Kiwinuka and Jason Pierre Paul on 3rd downs and passing situations is very intriguing. It depends if this guy pans out.
  • d.green
    d.green Members Posts: 12,051 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2010
    Options
    Detroit Lions: A

With the drafting of Ndamkung Suh our interior line is set for the next five years.....we can now rotate three big DT with the other two being Sammie Lee Hill and Courtney Wiliams....our run defense is going to be alot better and having Suh line up next to Kyle Vandenbosch is really gonna help our pass rush.....we haven't had a decent pass rush since Robert Porcher was playing for the Lions....as for the drafting of Jahvid Best.....I love it...a speedy, elusive game breaking back who can catch out of the backfield...now we don't pick until the third round....but I would like to see some offensive line help or some secondary help...

Best and Kevin Smith is a nice backfield but neither are grind it out backs. But like both guys a lot.
    Hope Smith comes back 100% though.
  • KeepOnPushing
    edited April 2010
    Options
    d.green wrote: »
    Best and Kevin Smith is a nice backfield but neither are grind it out backs. But like both guys a lot.
    Hope Smith comes back 100% though.

Thats when You could see them take someone Like Ben Tate from Auburn to go along with Best ...i think Tate is one of this Drafts biggest sleepers
  • nujerz84
    edited April 2010
    Options
    if We Drafting Taylor Mays to Move to Outside Linebacker then im excited , but if they draft him to keep him at Safety then im gonna Kick a whole in my Flatscreen ...dude has no Clue at the safety position

U can keep Mays at Safety in particular Strong Safety that stays inside the box and ask him to blitz and support the run.
  • Dick Shitman
    edited April 2010
    Options
    the reason i wouldnt mind mays is the second is that he's roy williams lite, but a much better athlete. roy couldnt stay healthy last year and is on a one year deal. mike zimmer got the best out of roy in dallas so i'm hoping he could do the same for Mays