The Last Samurai, Troy>>>>wack ass 300

Options
gns
gns Members Posts: 21,285 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited October 2011 in Lights, Camera, Action!
I give 300 its props for being a decent/good action movie, but the overt machismo(we'll fight in the shade-foh), nekkid craccas walking around(? thought themselves aryans or some ish) and the propaganda it pushed against persia(iran) just as when the U.S. and them were getting into it politically just turned me off nh.

Plus y everyone who got kicked into pits, their hand-chopped off or some ish just happen to be black as hell?!

and the spartans werent some bastion of goodness...? owned slaves and such

movie was full of ? its cool for getting u hype or something but fohwtbs

Last Samurai and Troy were better crafted....Shout out to my ? hector(pours 40 oz) RIP TO A REAL GOON.

Comments

• gns
    edited October 2011
    Options
    i c the hypocrisy in the last samurai but it was still a good movie.
  • damnkp
    damnkp Members Posts: 1,824 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2011
    Options
    i was just arguing wit a ? at work about this. Troy is way better than 300
  • gns
    edited October 2011
    Options
    plat push.....
  • bignorm73
    bignorm73 Banned Users Posts: 5,031 ✭✭✭
    edited October 2011
    Options
    Troy was a shitload better than 300.
    So was the Last Samurai. so,........... cosign.

Also, in the movie, Tom Cruise was not the Last Samurai. It was the general.
  • bdbdbd
    bdbdbd Members Posts: 3,168 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2011
    Options
    last amurai...i love that film.....300, is decent but i never end up watching it....? way too over the top and well, its a stupid film....but entertaining nonetheless
  • stoneface
    stoneface Members Posts: 2,491 ✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2011
    Options
    bdbdbd wrote: »
    last amurai...i love that film.....300, is decent but i never end up watching it....? way too over the top and well, its a stupid film....but entertaining nonetheless

Just like Zack Snyder's other film Watchmen. This is a panel for panel, word for word film translation of the graphic novel by Frank Miller. All the over the top comic-style ? stayed intact in this film because of that. Yeah, its good for entertainment, like u said.
  • S.jR.
    S.jR. Members Posts: 4,507 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2011
    Options
    They are better, but I still like 300. *shrugs*
  • b*braze
    b*braze Members Posts: 8,968 ✭✭✭
    edited October 2011
    Options
    last samurai was some old typical "white man switches sides to save the natives" ? . best part about that corny ass movie, was when the ninjas ambushed they ass. he spent a few months in captivity and now he a master samurai swordsman on par with everybody else who been training in that type of warfare their whole lives??!! FOH

troy was some trill ? tho
  • ocelot
    ocelot Members Posts: 10,019 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2011
    Options
    I thought 300 was wack...
  • arbitration
    arbitration Members Posts: 1,969 ✭✭✭
    edited October 2011
    Options
    Someone shut this ? thread down. 300 is one of the manliest movies of all time. Last Samurai = Dances with Wolves in Japan.
  • Will Munny
    Will Munny Members Posts: 30,199 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2011
    Options
    I like 300, but thats because I appreciate it for what it is. A violent movie with fun action scenes. Its just a ? bro date movie if I've ever seen one. Nothing timeless or classic but fun to watch.

I did like Troy as well. Much better story.

Last Samurai.... Tom Cruise.... GTOH 5.

And Dances With Wolves was waaaaaay better than Last Samurai.
  • ocelot
    ocelot Members Posts: 10,019 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2011
    Options
    Someone shut this ? thread down. 300 is one of the manliest movies of all time. Avatar= Dances with Wolves in Space.

fixed.....
  • Will Munny
    Will Munny Members Posts: 30,199 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2011
    Options
  • CapitalB
    CapitalB Members Posts: 24,556 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2011
    Options
    Last Samurai's top 5 in my book.. i think.. maybe 7 if i really give my list thought..

and yes.. Troy >> 300
    and Hector WAS that ? .. if homie didnt twist his ankle he wouldve got Achilles.. maybe not..
  • ShencotheMC
    ShencotheMC Members Posts: 26,051 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2011
    Options
    b*braze wrote: »
    last samurai was some old typical "white man switches sides to save the natives" ? . best part about that corny ass movie, was when the ninjas ambushed they ass. he spent a few months in captivity and now he a master samurai swordsman on par with everybody else who been training in that type of warfare their whole lives??!! FOH

? that type of ? happens in movies and TV all the time. I like to call them "Main character superpowers" that's why I usually always ? with supporting characters now
  • bdbdbd
    bdbdbd Members Posts: 3,168 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2011
    Options
    stoneface wrote: »
    Just like Zack Snyder's other film Watchmen. This is a panel for panel, word for word film translation of the graphic novel by Frank Miller. All the over the top comic-style ? stayed intact in this film because of that. Yeah, its good for entertainment, like u said.

oh i wasnt aware 300 was a graphic novel 1st....in that case.....well no my opinion is still the same
  • nicky the don
    nicky the don Members Posts: 502 ✭✭✭
    edited October 2011
    Options
    At 1st I didn't watch 300. I wanted a truer-type story, but saw monsters and ? . I have no problem with monsters, but I wasn't looking for that in that type of move (I'm a Roman days movie fan). But, after watching it and seeing WHY there were monsters and the whole scene was fantasy like, it was pretty decent.

I really like Troy, the end was a lil bit off.

I'm waiting on Immortals. I don't expect the best film ever, but the visuals look good, and I'm hoping it's better than Clash Of The Titans.
  • des100
    des100 Members Posts: 99
    edited October 2011
    Options
    CapitalB wrote: »
    and Hector WAS that ? .. if homie didnt twist his ankle he wouldve got Achilles.. maybe not..
    FALSE!!!
    dude was out of breathe tryin to keep up with achilles a minute or 2 into the fight.
    achilles was hittin poses on that ? and everthing
  • CapitalB
    CapitalB Members Posts: 24,556 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2011
    Options
    des100 wrote: »
    FALSE!!!
    dude was out of breathe tryin to keep up with achilles a minute or 2 into the fight.
    achilles was hittin poses on that ? and everthing

i know.. but i was jus rootin for the guy..
    i mean.. i said "maybe not" haha
  • ...MVP...
    ...MVP... Members Posts: 647 ✭✭✭
    edited October 2011
    Options
    Last Samurai was stupid.
  • bignorm73
    bignorm73 Banned Users Posts: 5,031 ✭✭✭
    edited October 2011
    Options
    Troy was ill, but they did mess up two things.

1. Made Ajax weak.
    2. MAde Aeneas weak.
  • Copper
    Copper Members Posts: 49,532 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2011
    Options

that ? wife even knew the fight was over she sat down behind the wall like "my husbands finished"

oh and Gladiator >>>>>
  • gns
    edited October 2011
    Options
    b*braze wrote: »

i dig what u saying but remember the first battle tom had with the samurais he was handling himself well, thats because he wasnt a stranger to the sword just cause he aint train in bushido/kenjutsu dont mean he wasnt good at the sword, all he did was learn a different martial art.Remember they requested this ? in japan and he wasnt even a captain.

mane me too, hector was a real dude that real ? can identify with.
    bignorm73 wrote: »
    Troy was ill, but they did mess up two things.

1. Made Ajax weak.
    2. MAde Aeneas weak.

troy wasnt perfect except for achilles' prowess in battle but yeah they couldve improveed them ? . and in the original book the hector vs achilles fight lasted for days they made my man look way out his league smh.
  • sobek
    sobek Members Posts: 5,611 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2011
    Options
    ^^^I agree 100%. Red Cliff really is a great movie.
  • KingJamal
    KingJamal Members Posts: 20,652 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2011
    Options

Thannnk youuuu

Last Samurai is a white guy??? ? outta here wit that ?