Grand Theft Auto V

Options

Comments

• kanggoodie
    kanggoodie Members Posts: 3,354 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2011
    Options
    intalect wrote: »
    every gaming syndicate is saying there are strong chances of gta 3 characters making an appearance in some form

they need to make claude talk
  • ocelot
    ocelot Members Posts: 10,019 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2011
    Options
    gtav_splash.jpg
    The Coolest Things We Spotted in the GTA V Trailer

Squint at the Grand Theft Auto V trailer closely and you might puck up some interesting details. We did.

xlarge_dog_beach16x9.jpg
    A dog
    Near the start of the trailer we see a dog on a beach. If this trailer is running on the graphics tech that runs the game—and it would be against Rockstar's style if it didn't—then we can assume there will be animals in the new game. Dogs, at least. There were pigeons in GTA IV, but otherwise the games have had few animals (I can't remember any). The dog could just be a part of a cut-scene, but if we have hounds running around in this game think of the possibilities. Police dogs. Pet dogs.

xlarge_golf_blimp16x9.jpg
    The Blimp
    There are many blimps in this trailer. Or maybe it's the same blimp lurking over the city. Whatever the case, there's a blimp. And if it's up there, then maybe we're going to get up there, too.

xlarge_jetski16x9.jpg

Speedophile
    GTA IV was, relatively speaking, less outrageous than most other GTA games. If you're wondering how shocking they might be with this game—if they're turning that dial back up—do note that the Jet-Ski here is called the SpeedoPhile 2000. Rhymes with ? 2000?
  • Turfaholic
    Turfaholic Members Posts: 20,429 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2011
    Options
    kanggoodie wrote: »
    they need to make claude talk

No diss but this idea is semi ? .

That ? was classic and he kinda allowed my imagination to customize the character. The ? wouldn't say ? , jus nod his head and go. Niko was soft as baby ? . CJ was dope, but that dude was soft and got chased outta the hood n came back. Tommy Versetti was real deal gangsta. Claude was a ice cold killer.
  • ocelot
    edited November 2011
    Options
    xlarge_mountain_climb16x9.jpg

The Great Outdoors
    GTA IV took place in the city. And only in the city. This trailer has people mountain-climbing, a sign that we could be heading beyond to the great outdoors. The last time Rockstar set a GTA in California in Grand Theft Auto San Andreas, they let players climb mountains, ride through deserts and run through forests, so a rural component would fit.
    xlarge_ecola16x9.jpg
    eCola!
    The soda called eCola. It's Deliciously Infectious! It was also in Grand Theft Auto IV, which suggests that we're in the same GTA-verse where Niko Bellic and the other stars of Rockstar's latest GTA efforts were set.
    xlarge_street_signs16x9.jpg

Highway Signs
    Here we've got Interstate 5, which is a real highway that connects Los Angeles to San Francisco in real life (and goes all the way down to Mexico). It's also called the Los Puerta Freeway, but is it a sign here of how far we can drive in this game?
    xlarge_muscle_sands_los_santos16x9.jpg

Weights and Places
    There are two things to think about in this shot. The Muscle Sands sign is one of several references in the trailer to Los Santos, the fictionalized name for Los Angeles first used in Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas' riff on L.A. It's safe to assume GTA V's L.A. bears the same name.

As for the weights... San Andreas let players get fat or bulk up, morphing their hero's physique as they saw fit. No such option was offered in GTA IV. Could that feature be back?
  • ocelot
    edited November 2011
    Options
    xlarge_argyle_sweater16x9.jpg
    Going out of Business
    The 70%-off sign on the left is one of many references in this trailer to the economy in GTA V's L.A. being in the dumps. It looks like we've got a game about the recession, folks, the state of modern America that most major video game creators have ignored.
    xlarge_suit_man16x9.jpg

Man in Suit
    Is this our hero? Or one of our playable protagonists in GTA V. The new trailer did nothing to confirm or refute our reporting last week that the game will feature multiple playable leads, but it does imply that this guy is someone we'll play as, just due to how close we're getting to him. Some people think this is Tommy Vercetti, lead character of Grand Theft Auto: Vice City. (They also think that the voice actor speaking over this trailer is Ray Liotta, who voiced Vercetti. We're not so sure.)
    xlarge_crop_dusting16x9.jpg
    Working the Fields
    We've got a plane in this shot. We didn't get planes at all in GTA IV, to many long-time fans' dismay. Could we fly a crop-duster? Maybe. What's more provocative is the idea that this game will somehow reference the work of immigrant labor, which is what we appear to see here. Imagine if we could play as one of them in this game... and if they were an illegal immigrant? But that's just speculation.
    xlarge_pest_control_lost_santos16x9.jpg

Guns
    There aren't many guns in this trailer. Not much violence either. But here's one shot. Plus, we have another Los Santos reference.
  • ocelot
    edited November 2011
    Options
    xlarge_car_license_plate16x9.jpg
    "San Andreas", Take Two
    Our second license plate that appears to include the words "San Andreas".
  • intalect
    intalect Members Posts: 674 ✭✭
    edited November 2011
    Options
    good find ocelot.... you out here sonnin' ?
  • ysl313
    ysl313 Members Posts: 9,866 ✭✭✭
    edited November 2011
    Options
    people are saying the dude in the suit is the main character and quite possibly is tommy vercetti in his older ages after moving to la to retire only to get caught up in that life

thats also him with the gun next to the ble van so i think its for sure him at least as the main character
  • ocelot
    edited November 2011
    Options
    good find ocelot.... you out here sonnin' ?
    presshiate it
    ysl313 wrote: »
    people are saying the dude in the suit is the main character and quite possibly is tommy vercetti in his older ages after moving to la to retire only to get caught up in that life

thats also him with the gun next to the ble van so i think its for sure him at least as the main character
  • intalect
    intalect Members Posts: 674 ✭✭
    edited November 2011
    Options

it makes a whole lot of sense and the character even looks like Ray Liotta does now.... That man is a legend!
  • ysl313
    edited November 2011
    Options
    it makes a whole lot of sense and the character even looks like Ray Liotta does now.... That man is a legend!

i'd rather they do that then another new character...niko was okay but he wasn't as fun as claude, cj, or tommy v...i hope they bring claude back for a cameo or cj even though its been said both died
  • kanggoodie
    kanggoodie Members Posts: 3,354 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2011
    Options

bruh if this is true an du can play as tommy again in his 50's still knockin ? heads in... then this game will be the GOAT of our lifetime... PERIOD... it'll be a ? : combining the in-depth story line and character interest of Vice - City, and the play ground no holds bar setting of San Andreas and all of its sandbox glory!!! SMH lord please dont let me die before this game comes out....
  • ysl313
    edited November 2011
    Options
    kanggoodie wrote: »
    bruh if this is true an du can play as tommy again in his 50's still knockin ? heads in... then this game will be the GOAT of our lifetime... PERIOD... it'll be a ? : combining the in-depth story line and character interest of Vice - City, and the play ground no holds bar setting of San Andreas and all of its sandbox glory!!! SMH lord please dont let me die before this game comes out....

man tommy v was dat nucca...just add some of that old school hip hop from san andreas and the 80s music on a station with that rick james/michael jackson steez and im lighting the most diesel as i roll through the mountains with trill ? tommy
  • Kame
    Kame Members Posts: 24,246 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2011
    Options
    anyways we dont know enough to critique yet but this got me hype....
  • young law
    young law Members Posts: 4,537 ✭✭✭
    edited November 2011
    Options
    the dude didnt sound italian at all

ray liotta has a distinctive voice
  • ocelot
    edited November 2011
    Options
    Sounds Italian to me... Got a "All my life. All I ever wanted to be was a gangster" vibe
  • thefabmd2dc
    thefabmd2dc Members Posts: 2,572 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2011
    Options
    How would Tommy go from "the guy" in Vice City to Mr
    "I'll do anything to help my family" in like 25 years.

It doesn't really make any sense plus Rockstar already said the people from the old era are gone this is a new era with new characters.
  • YamoleySensei
    YamoleySensei Members Posts: 8,508 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2011
    Options
    Exactly, if you seen dude's movies, you definitely could pinpoint his voice but at the same time, the old ? on the balcony does resemble Liotta...but whatever
    The multi-character rumors could in fact be true because the old dude is spotted three times, then you got the Mexican in the red car and I assume he's the one out-running the cops near the end of the trailer...
    Either way, the ? looks dope....LMAO! @ Rockstar intentionally ? on SR3
  • young law
    edited November 2011
    Options
    how they ? on SR3 intentionally ???
  • thefabmd2dc
    thefabmd2dc Members Posts: 2,572 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2011
    Options
    young law wrote: »

I'm sure SR3 developers are sitting salty right now because of this drop taking all the hype away from their launch
  • young law
    edited November 2011
    Options
    ohhhhh yeah
    that ? is two weeks away

and i was jus in gamestop lookin at the blackboard behind the counter that said sr3 11/15

oh how gta made me forget
  • Turfaholic
    Turfaholic Members Posts: 20,429 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2011
    Options

Streets wanna kno!

SR3 still looks like it's giving GTA a run for it's money.
  • ocelot
    edited November 2011
    Options

Saints Row made a commerical about how they will "out GTA GTA"
    GTA havent been heard from in years... and then all of a sudden they drop a trailer on the month SA is coming out
    having the internet going nuts
    while having the forum on allhiphop.com call the Arcade become relevant again...
    they went the Jay Z route and diss Saint Row without saying their name...
  • ocelot
    edited November 2011
    Options
    ohhhhh yeah
    that ? is two weeks away

and i was jus in gamestop lookin at the blackboard behind the counter that said sr3 11/15

oh how gta made me forget

made me write all that ? for no reason...lol
  • joshuaboy
    joshuaboy Members Posts: 10,858 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2011
    Options
    SR3 will be the Arcade version of GTA. lol