Options

Comments

• young law
    young law Members Posts: 4,537 ✭✭✭
    edited November 2011
    Options
    im still giving sr3 a fighting chance though

on the fun factor SR1 & 2 were more fun than GTA4

i didnt finish GTA4 because I wanted to,i finished it because i done put in all these hours in this boring ass game and dammit i want the finish

SR has broken aiming and hit detection system,but i still kept playing the games because they were fun

this is why im hoping gta5 bring the fun back

cause gta 4 was not fun,that ? was a chore
  • YamoleySensei
    YamoleySensei Members Posts: 8,508 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2011
    Options
    young law wrote: »
    how they ? on SR3 intentionally ???

I don't post on "The Arcade"...I'm not what they call a "fanboy" but I do remember Saints Row 2 ? on GTA4 in their promos and since SR3 is suppose to come out in a few weeks, how all of a sudden Rockstar decides to release a trailer on the same month? Either way I don't give a ? , after I saw the plane mission of Saints Row on youtube and this GTA5 trailer, they both got my 60 dollars
  • joshuaboy
    joshuaboy Members Posts: 10,858 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2011
    Options
    im still giving sr3 a fighting chance though

on the fun factor SR1 & 2 were more fun than GTA4

i didnt finish GTA4 because I wanted to,i finished it because i done put in all these hours in this boring ass game and dammit i want the finish

SR has broken aiming and hit detection system,but i still kept playing the games because they were fun

this is why im hoping gta5 bring the fun back

cause gta 4 was not fun,that ? was a chore

Yamoley wrote: »
    I don't post on "The Arcade"...I'm not what they call a "fanboy" but I do remember Saints Row 2 ? on GTA4 in their promos and since SR3 is suppose to come out in a few weeks, how all of a sudden Rockstar decides to release a trailer on the same month? Either way I don't give a ? , after I saw the plane mission of Saints Row on youtube and this GTA5 trailer, they both got my 60 dollars

Agree with both of you. At the end of the day I'm getting both. As bad as the driving controls and other complaints of SR2, it was a very fun game to play. Can't see myself not getting SR3. Rockstar most likely learned from their mistakes in GTAIV and I believe GTAV will be much improved. Plus, they would have had more time to learn the techs of this gen.
  • Kame
    Kame Members Posts: 24,246 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2011
    Options
    man if they add dogs and ? that be dope.. imagine siccing a dog on someone lol
  • EscoHovNyGo
    EscoHovNyGo Members Posts: 632
    edited November 2011
    Options
    I thought the V was a subliminal for Vice City but I'm still impressed, I hope they bring back more of that outrageous gta ? . IV was a bit too serious to me.
  • cobbland
    cobbland Members Posts: 3,768 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2011
    Options
    Will pre-order this one.

Still playing the drug missions on TBOGT to hold me over.
  • young law
    edited November 2011
    Options
    cobbland wrote: »
    Will pre-order this one.

Still playing the drug missions on TBOGT to hold me over.

due to GTA fever
    this is what i went to gamestop to cop today
    lol

what exactly are the drug missions???
  • cobbland
    cobbland Members Posts: 3,768 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2011
    Options
    due to GTA fever
    this is what i went to gamestop to cop today
    lol

what exactly are the drug missions???

The drug wars with Armando and Henrique.
    I got 160 done so far.

You either steal a boat, car, or helicopter that's carrying the shipment or you steal a duffel bag loaded with cash.

Once you get past 20 that ? is insanely hard.
    So it's best to remember where the free bulletproof vests are located on the maps.
    And take the sticky bombs with you on each mission. They work best when you're trying to escape from the additional enemies that come after you make your pickup.
  • young law
    edited November 2011
    Options
    cobbland wrote: »
    The drug wars with Armando and Henrique.
    I got 160 done so far.

You either steal a boat, car, or helicopter that's carrying the shipment or you steal a duffel bag loaded with cash.

Once you get past 20 that ? is insanely hard.
    So it's best to remember where the free bulletproof vests are located on the maps.
    And take the sticky bombs with you on each mission. They work best when you're trying to escape from the additional enemies that come after you make your pickup.

***daps***
  • opiie562
    opiie562 Members Posts: 962 ✭✭
    edited November 2011
    Options
    so i guess the V is for Vercetti. the white guy shown in the trailer looks a bit old. Doesn't sound like Ray Liotta but that would be dope Vercetti will be back.
  • joshuaboy
    joshuaboy Members Posts: 10,858 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2011
    Options
    Just remembers I haven't finished LATD yet or even started TBOGT.
  • MR.CJ
    MR.CJ Members Posts: 64,689 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2011
    Options
    when does this game come out?
  • m. inferno
    m. inferno Members Posts: 1,768 ✭✭✭
    edited November 2011
    Options
    joshuaboy wrote: »
    Just remembers I haven't finished LATD yet or even started TBOGT.

The Ballad of ? Tony is the ? . its what GTA IV should have been
  • stoneface
    stoneface Members Posts: 2,491 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2011
    Options
    dogs in the game???

wtf

America aint lettin us ? dogs in a videogame

they wouldnt even let us ? kid zombies in dead island

What? We've been able to ? dogs in videogames since NES. Even more recently in Red Dead Redemption, though it was a crime since the dogs in that game were usually owned by someone. It aint up to "America" anyway.

Speaking of Red Dead, thinking of how amazingly they designed the outdoors in that game makes me even more hype for what those areas will be like in this game. And if that is Vercetti in the trailer, I hope they bring Ray Liotta back. I know for damn sure thats not Ray Liotta narrating the video but they didnt imply in any way that the Vercetti-looking dude is also the narrator, so....
  • Miltown Marauder
    Miltown Marauder Members Posts: 2,881 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2011
    Options
    It's definitely not going to be T.V., remember he said in the trailer "I moved to LA (whatever they call it) for the SUN...", Vercetti was from Vice City so he would already be accustomed to that..just a hint.
  • arbitration
    arbitration Members Posts: 1,969 ✭✭✭
    edited November 2011
    Options
    Yo, what if the crime you do in the city can affect property values on some Sim City level type ? ? Like if you gang bang in an area long enough, people start moving out and ? , or you will be able to observe gentrification patterns?
  • XIII
    XIII Members Posts: 631
    edited November 2011
    Options
    vercetti to me still remains the hardest GTA character.

claude got shut up by his girl .. ? talkin about ice cold killer.
  • KNiGHTS
    KNiGHTS Members Posts: 4,435 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2011
    Options
    Yo, what if the crime you do in the city can affect property values on some Sim City level type ? ? Like if you gang bang in an area long enough, people start moving out and ? , or you will be able to observe gentrification patterns?

I made the Uncle Phil face in your avi when I read this. That was the problem I had in 4: all this space with jackshit to really do. If they took it back to random gang violence, riots, stick-ups, and forcing property values down, the game might be GOAT based on premise alone. Hopefully they're familiar enough with the engine this time to do more with it. I also pray they get the humor back. Saints Row murdering them on the entertainment side.
  • Los216
    Los216 Members Posts: 2,344 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2011
    Options
    It's coming out May 24th there are clues in the video that suggest so
  • imm0rt4l
    imm0rt4l Members Posts: 683 ✭✭✭
    edited November 2011
    Options
    They should put bigfoot in as an Easter egg.
  • EscoHovNyGo
    EscoHovNyGo Members Posts: 632
    edited November 2011
    Options
    Los216 wrote: »

May 24th 2012? I doubt it Bruh.. Rockstar releasing this game 4qt of 2012.
  • Los216
    Los216 Members Posts: 2,344 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2011
    Options
    May 24th 2012? I doubt it Bruh.. Rockstar releasing this game 4qt of 2012.

I know I'm just thirsty ? for this game lol but yeah it's mos def 4thQ cause I think Max Payne 3 is set for May 2012. But since it is gonna be set in SA shouldn't they release it in late spring or sometime in the summer?
  • imm0rt4l
    imm0rt4l Members Posts: 683 ✭✭✭
    edited November 2011
    Options
    Los216 wrote: »

Nah, that's people looking for ? that aint there. It's possible, but I don't see why they would do that seeing as just a month prior Max Payne 3 is being released. These devs aren't trying to canabalize their own constituency. Gotta let that ? breathe. It'll probably get a 3rd quarter release, I could be wrong, but I really doubt that the teaser is indicating any sort of release date.
  • ocelot
    ocelot Members Posts: 10,019 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2011
    Options
    The Grand Theft Auto 5 trailer dropped this morning (you saw it already, of course, unless you were stuck somewhere hiding out from the mob) and of course it didn't take long until the Speculation Train got itself a'rollin' around the Internets. First things first, that wasn't Ray Liotta you heard speaking in the trailer, Rockstar has confirmed, but of course that doesn't mean Tommy Vercetti is out of the picture entirely -- it is still a Grand Theft Auto game, after all.

PC Gamer has gone even further out on a limb to suggest that the trailer may indicate multiple playable characters in the game: We saw of course the older gentleman who was presumably doing the voiceover, but also a younger guy with a shaved head in the middle of a car chase, and an African American dude running from police choppers. All three were in the middle of that heist seen in the video, so presumably, if the speculation is true, the story will revolve around a heist that connects these three characters and their stories.

And could multiple playable characters mean GTA 5 might make for some co-op campaign gameplay? Roll on, Speculation Train, roll on!
  • stoneface
    stoneface Members Posts: 2,491 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2011
    Options
    ocelot wrote: »
    First things first, that wasn't Ray Liotta you heard speaking in the trailer, Rockstar has confirmed,

Anyone who's seen Goodfellas could have told us that. ? sounded absolutely nothing like him.