If ? is real and so is "Satan"...

Options

Comments

• fiat_money
    fiat_money Members Posts: 16,654 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2011
    Options
    Because the first mythical being you mentioned has more magical powers than the second one.

Magic, that's what it all boils down to.
  • VIBE
    VIBE Members Posts: 54,384 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2011
    Options
    b*braze wrote: »
    sooo... yall lookin for an excuse to worship satan/the devil, or what?

i mean, really, if you dont believe in ? , why care how many hypothetical bodies he got?

Topic just for the sake of discussion, also attention grabbing. I enjoy this, not for trolling reasons but just for the sake of the discussion. I'm not worhiping anything, although if I was to, Satan seems more of the go to guy.
  • VIBE
    edited October 2011
    Options
    Yes it's says ? hardened Pharoah's heart. It does not say ? took away Pharoah's ability to make his own choice.
    If what happened was that ? took away Pharoah's ability to make his own choice, it would've said so.

That's what it's saying smarty, ? changed his mind, ? didn't literally harden his heart, otherwise he would've died.
  • beenwize
    beenwize Members Posts: 2,024 ✭✭
    edited October 2011
    Options
    Yes it's says ? hardened Pharoah's heart. It does not say ? took away Pharoah's ability to make his own choice.
    If what happened was that ? took away Pharoah's ability to make his own choice, it would've said so.

dude plz ? hardened pharoahs heart so that he wouldnt let the israelites go free... ? made the decision for pharoah u fool.

u are seriously dumb and your mind is conquered by a white man religious book.
  • judahxulu
    judahxulu Members Posts: 3,988 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2011
    Options
    beenwize wrote: »
    the point of posting only those scriptures were to prove a point in which u tried to say was not true, that ? hardened pharoahs heart.

why was the word of ? not in earth while they lived in egypt under joseph or whoever? why wait until they get enslaved and then want to give them scriptures?

something is not adding up with your bible story thats why u are getting so angry.

i didnt say that was not true that YHWH hardened Pharaohs heart in the bible. the original hebrew text as a slightly different understanding but thats another point.

who said it wasnt in the earth? who said there werent already scriptures? who said the egyptians didnt have that word at some point before there AROSE A PHAROAH WHO KNEW NOT JACOB?

im not angray at all. and u didnt refute any of my specific points which basically invalidate ur declarations. the information i added changes the perspective of the exodus in light of the abbreviated and skewed version u offered. id u dont believe in a higher power u dont have to make up ? or twist things u dont understand to prove yourself. that just makes u look stupid and insecure in ur disbelief. i dont care what u believe or dont believe. i know what i know and i benefit from my experiential knowledge of the most high. im just adding clarity. you anger me no more than a housefly or a paper cut.you are the only one that has to live with the consequences of what u think say and do. if anything i feel soory for u but then again not really because of instead of being at peace with what u disbelieve and think u know u seek to go on the offensive against an illusion that only exists within the realm of your own misconceptions.
  • beenwize
    edited October 2011
    Options
    What ls the meanlng of rellgion?

Ans. A religion is a belief-or something not solely based on fact because it is designed to.keep a person or people, mainly the oppressed, from achieving self realization. Religion is based on mythology, illusion and fantasy because it is the science of tricknowledge or deceiving..Religion is the shield of the devil who only offers you heaven after death so that he can rob you while your living

Do you agree or disagree?
  • judahxulu
    edited October 2011
    Options
    VIBE86 wrote: »
    Topic just for the sake of discussion, also attention grabbing. I enjoy this, not for trolling reasons but just for the sake of the discussion. I'm not worhiping anything, although if I was to, Satan seems more of the go to guy.

well for the sake of discussion...to acknowledge the existence of satan as an actual singular personality, you acknowledge the dubious nt texts that created him as a devil or capital S Satan didnt exist beofre then. the nt says he loses in the end.beside those who worship mischevious multi-dimensional entities that pose as the mythical satan arent about doing the right thing and the more dominant satanic movements see homosexual sex as the ultimate way to be in tune with satan and harness his powers. well that and drugs but its still all bad.
  • fiat_money
    edited October 2011
    Options
    The Biblical ? is a mass murdering psychopath that supports slavery. How is your Bible ? any more moral than Satan??
    That actually makes "? " seem much cooler than "Satan".
  • beenwize
    edited October 2011
    Options
    judahxulu wrote: »
    i didnt say that was not true that YHWH hardened Pharaohs heart in the bible. the original hebrew text as a slightly different understanding but thats another point.

who said it wasnt in the earth? who said there werent already scriptures? who said the egyptians didnt have that word at some point before there AROSE A PHAROAH WHO KNEW NOT JACOB?

im not angray at all. and u didnt refute any of my specific points which basically invalidate ur declarations. the information i added changes the perspective of the exodus in light of the abbreviated and skewed version u offered. id u dont believe in a higher power u dont have to make up ? or twist things u dont understand to prove yourself. that just makes u look stupid and insecure in ur disbelief. i dont care what u believe or dont believe. i know what i know and i benefit from my experiential knowledge of the most high. im just adding clarity. you anger me no more than a housefly or a paper cut.you are the only one that has to live with the consequences of what u think say and do. if anything i feel soory for u but then again not really because of instead of being at peace with what u disbelieve and think u know u seek to go on the offensive against an illusion that only exists within the realm of your own misconceptions.

well answer me this

If your ? is Creator of Heaven & Earth then that would make us to be less than ants to him.... So then why does he want us to put our own family members to death if they worship other so called gods that really dont even exist??? If he is the Creator of Heaven & Earth then there must not be any other gods right? So if thats the case why then would he demand us to stone our families to death for worshiping a ? he knows does not exist?

Also what would ? get from humans worshipping him if we are like ants to him?

Deuteronomy 13:6
    If your very own brother, or your son or daughter, or the wife you love, or your closest friend secretly entices you, saying, "Let us go and worship other gods" (gods that neither you nor your fathers have known,

gods of the peoples around you, whether near or far, from one end of the land to the other),

do not yield to him or listen to him. Show him no pity. Do not spare him or shield him.

You must certainly put him to death. Your hand must be the first in putting him to death, and then the hands of all the people.

Stone him to death, because he tried to turn you away from the LORD your ? , who brought you out of Egypt, out of the land of slavery

Then all Israel will hear and be afraid, and no one among you will do such an evil thing again.
  • judahxulu
    edited October 2011
    Options
    What ls the meanlng of rellgion?

Ans. A religion is a belief-or something not solely based on fact because it is designed to.keep a person or people, mainly the oppressed, from achieving self realization. Religion is based on mythology, illusion and fantasy because it is the science of tricknowledge or deceiving..Religion is the shield of the devil who only offers you heaven after death so that he can rob you while your living

Do you agree or disagree?
    yeah.

thats what im saying. there is no afterlife in the sense of eternal reward or punishment. energy (spirit) is just transformed, trasferred or transmuted.

i dont have a religion.

and i know for a fact the bible is flawed in its translation and has been used as a tool of manipulation based on those flaws.
    my point is u are fighting the wrong fight.

when i read the texts of what the o.t. is based on with the cultural context i have from living in the region i see parallels in it with sacred texts from around the world with a basic focus on man managing his mind and how the quality iof that management creates consequences that affect his physical reality.

all the rituals and ? people do has no meaning beyond what the original intent was and how the ritual symbolizes the mindstate of the practicioner. ritual and religion go hand in hand. there exist rituals that are practiced at certain set times and seasons that harness specific energies that can be used for varying means but it is not magic. its the metaphysical equivalent to figuring iout when the next rainy season is coming and putting up a resevoir at a certain time to collect it.
  • Rock_Well
    Rock_Well Members Posts: 2,185 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2011
    Options
    VIBE86 wrote: »
    That's what it's saying smarty, ? changed his mind, ? didn't literally harden his heart, otherwise he would've died.

Pharoah had the ability to obey even if he didn't feel like it. End. Next.
  • beenwize
    edited October 2011
    Options
    yeah.

thats what im saying. there is no afterlife in the sense of eternal reward or punishment. energy (spirit) is just transformed, trasferred or transmuted.

i dont have a religion.

and i know for a fact the bible is flawed in its translation and has been used as a tool of manipulation based on those flaws.
    my point is u are fighting the wrong fight.

when i read the texts of what the o.t. is based on with the cultural context i have from living in the region i see parallels in it with sacred texts from around the world with a basic focus on man managing his mind and how the quality iof that management creates consequences that affect his physical reality.

all the rituals and ? people do has no meaning beyond what the original intent was and how the ritual symbolizes the mindstate of the practicioner. ritual and religion go hand in hand. there exist rituals that are practiced at certain set times and seasons that harness specific energies that can be used for varying means but it is not magic. its the metaphysical equivalent to figuring iout when the next rainy season is coming and putting up a resevoir at a certain time to collect it.

flawed in its translation or mythical stories have been added to the Bible? such as the book of revelation and new jerusalem coming from the sky and etc?
  • beenwize
    edited October 2011
    Options
    Pharoah had the ability to obey even if he didn't feel like it. End. Next.

religious nut... u are an example of a slave mind.

A religion is a belief-or something not solely based on fact because it is designed to.keep a person or people, mainly the oppressed, from achieving self realization. Religion is based on mythology, illusion and fantasy because it is the science of tricknowledge or deceiving..Religion is the shield of the devil who only offers you heaven after death so that he can rob you while your living
  • judahxulu
    edited October 2011
    Options
    well answer me this

If your ? is Creator of Heaven & Earth then that would make us to be less than ants to him.... So then why does he want us to put our own family members to death if they worship other so called gods that really dont even exist??? If he is the Creator of Heaven & Earth then there must not be any other gods right? So if thats the case why then would he demand us to stone our families to death for worshiping a ? he knows does not exist?

Also what would ? get from humans worshipping him if we are like ants to him?

Deuteronomy 13:6
    If your very own brother, or your son or daughter, or the wife you love, or your closest friend secretly entices you, saying, "Let us go and worship other gods" (gods that neither you nor your fathers have known,

gods of the peoples around you, whether near or far, from one end of the land to the other),

do not yield to him or listen to him. Show him no pity. Do not spare him or shield him.

You must certainly put him to death. Your hand must be the first in putting him to death, and then the hands of all the people.

Stone him to death, because he tried to turn you away from the LORD your ? , who brought you out of Egypt, out of the land of slavery

Then all Israel will hear and be afraid, and no one among you will do such an evil thing again.

first of all, the concept of a ? and gods is not the same thing as el and elohim. there are plenty concordances, linguistic education resources and interlinear bible translations available for free online to clear that up for you. there are no capital letters in hebrew so ? and ? are tthe same word. LORD ? , LORD, and Lord are all different hebrew words and concepts. you need to do more research because your opinion is based on partial information. not to say religionists are not off the mark too but yall are sides of the same coin. now on to worship. although it is concealed yet practiced unbeknowst to parishoners (e.g. christians unknowingly worship ba'al as evidenced by sexual, financial and moral dysfunction in the church) to worship in hebrew = to work for toil for, labor for, expend energy for. people, things, ideas and entities beyond direct sensory perception can be worshipped. the character of the gods of the people were destructive and tne hebrews in that primitive understanding did not posess the the understanding en masse on how to combat those influences. thats why theres an actual sequence and classfication fof weach indiviual book that was mashed up into the bible. practices like stoning and aniimal sacrifices were amended later on and light was shed on the idea behind those practices in an esoteric and social sense.
  • judahxulu
    edited October 2011
    Options
    flawed in its translation or mythical stories have been added to the Bible? such as the book of revelation and new jerusalem coming from the sky and etc?

flawed in its translation and the n.t. has duibious origins but it was based on true things in the o.t. when u say mythical i dont understand what u mean. the bible is a collection of books. some of them were intended to be allegorical and not intended to be taken literally yet that does not alter the truth of the "moral of the story".
  • beenwize
    edited October 2011
    Options
    flawed in its translation and the n.t. has duibious origins but it was based on true things in the o.t. when u say mythical i dont understand what u mean. the bible is a collection of books. some of them were intended to be allegorical and not intended to be taken literally yet that does not alter the truth of the "moral of the story".

so u believe a man was sent to the earth to die for the sins of humanity and that we must believe in him in order to be justified by ? ?
  • judahxulu
    edited October 2011
    Options
    so u believe a man was sent to the earth to die for the sins of humanity and that we must believe in him in order to be justified by ? ?

? no. that would contradict prophecies in the torah that outlaw blood sacrifice in general , laws written before those prophecies that outlaw human sacrifice and repeated statements ion wisdom literature (i.e. proverbs0 that communicate the point that u reap what u sow repeatedly. thats why i said the n.t. is dubious and should be taken with a grain of salt. paul of tarsus influenced that more than the alleged central figure of it and history reveals he was an opportunist, conman, sellout and possible undercover ? hence the wholle 'spirit vs flesh" bullsit chrictians be on as if the same creator that made ur spirit aint make yo flesh and give u tips on how to manage both.
  • b*braze
    b*braze Members Posts: 8,968 ✭✭✭
    edited October 2011
    Options
    ? no. that would contradict prophecies in the torah that outlaw blood sacrifice in general , laws written before those prophecies that outlaw human sacrifice and repeated statements ion wisdom literature (i.e. proverbs0 that communicate the point that u reap what u sow repeatedly. thats why i said the n.t. is dubious and should be taken with a grain of salt. paul of tarsus influenced that more than the alleged central figure of it and history reveals he was an opportunist, conman, sellout and possible undercover ? hence the wholle 'spirit vs flesh" bullsit chrictians be on as if the same creator that made ur spirit aint make yo flesh and give u tips on how to manage both.

good point...
  • Rock_Well
    Rock_Well Members Posts: 2,185 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2011
    Options
    dude plz ? hardened pharoahs heart so that he wouldnt let the israelites go free... ? made the decision for pharoah u fool.

u are seriously dumb and your mind is conquered by a white man religious book.
    lol assumptions cat daddy. The text doesn't say ? made the decision for Pharoah. you ASSUME that and read read your presumptions into the text. I'm sry if you refuse to accept that. it's all good though...haha i understand you. i kno it can be frustrating trying to make sense of ? 's nature and His word especially when you not even Christian. But understand this, You on the outside looking in...and you will never get an truly meaningful and lasting understanding before humbling yourself before ? and changing your heart towards His word. Fact is you don't understand what you read in the Bible and you just repeating what you heard others say about the text. your understanding of ? 's nature and His word isn't based on knowledge.

A religion is a belief-or something not solely based on fact because it is designed to.keep a person or people, mainly the oppressed, from achieving self realization. Religion is based on mythology, illusion and fantasy because it is the science of tricknowledge or deceiving..Religion is the shield of the devil who only offers you heaven after death so that he can rob you while your living
    Religious? Explain what religious is to everyone. If you can't defend your position with an appeal to reason and without baseless character attacks then just step down from the discussion. you are obviously in above your head. And your own chosen religion of self-enslavement unfortunatley won't be enough to save you from your sins. your idea of freedom is really the illusion friend.
  • judahxulu
    edited October 2011
    Options
    i understand. this is why i dont deal with the Bible... its full of too many contradictions for me.

its a book placed on the oppressed to give them hope and to keep them in control. while those in power get richer the oppressed wait for jesus and let the rich do whatever they want.

but u should realize that the best lies are twisted truth which calls for intellectual reverse engineering to get the point of it all. throwing the baby out with the bathwater is just plain lazy
  • beenwize
    edited October 2011
    Options
    but u should realize that the best lies are twisted truth which calls for intellectual reverse engineering to get the point of it all. throwing the baby out with the bathwater is just plain lazy

ive heard that the oldest religious book in the world is the egyptian "book of the dead"

they had a firm belief in life after death and have many books on the subject.

how is it possible that the egyptians have a belief in life after death if the bible says everybody that dies waits in sleep for judgement day when Jesus comes?

And even in this modern day people that have near death experiences have memories of a otherworldly experience or continuation after this ? death.
  • kingblaze84
    kingblaze84 Members Posts: 14,288 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2011
    Options
    fiat_money wrote: »
    That actually makes "? " seem much cooler than "Satan".

Sign up to your local church and start praising the Lord than. Don't be greedy with the sex slaves though, cops might arrest you.
  • kingblaze84
    kingblaze84 Members Posts: 14,288 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2011
    Options

Excellent post, very true.
  • fiat_money
    edited October 2011
    Options
    Sign up to your local church and start praising the Lord than. Don't be greedy with the sex slaves though, cops might arrest you.
    "? " is the cooler mythical being, but it's still a mythical being.

No need for me to worship it.
  • VIBE
    edited October 2011
    Options
    fiat_money wrote: »
    "? " is the cooler mythical being, but it's still a mythical being.

No need for me to worship it.

Yeah he asked for children's heads to be bashed into rocks....