Who Was The Most Overrated Artist Of The Last Decade?

Options

Comments

• it aint hard 2 tell
    it aint hard 2 tell Members Posts: 35
    edited January 2010
    Options
    shm on lame ? saying jay

remove jay from this decade and what do u really have ?

the same thing...maybe even better
  • Stack Money
    Stack Money Members Posts: 994 ✭✭✭
    edited January 2010
    Options
    damn ? you just dont get it lol. ems first two albums are considered accepted classics. You can google the ratings. Rolling stone, fye, source, xxl, even your grandma knows that ems first two are classics. this ? has classic verses and you can go ask hov about that. he killed that dead wrong ? with biggie.this ? has songs that are up the greatest in hip hop history. i mean damn, for you not to give this ? his just due is crazy. you havent even given one reason why he is overrated. you just typing out your ass. and to even question his legendary status as a legen is even more crazy. this ? has a movie about his life lol. google the 96 rap olympics and see who won. ask ryhmefest (who is very underrated) how nice em is. this ? put the D on the map. to even argue againsat these FACTS are ludicrous. you need to go headbutt a shotgun for even arguin these claims
    YOU just don't get it, like I said if Rolling Stone and fye said it then it must be true smh. Ain't ? you said facts you still just talkin popularity. The FACT is your post proves he's overrated, you treat that ? like he's ? get off his ? . Those first two albums made a mockery of hip hop, FOH @ you thinkin that ? made him a legend. Detroit already had countless musicians come out of there you actin like he's the first further shows how overrated he is. Straight up if ? catch feelings when someone says a rapper is overrated than that's all the proof you need.
  • chriskyte410717
    chriskyte410717 Members Posts: 383
    edited January 2010
    Options
    YOU just don't get it, like I said if Rolling Stone and fye said it then it must be true smh. Ain't ? you said facts you still just talkin popularity. The FACT is your post proves he's overrated, you treat that ? like he's ? get off his ? . Those first two albums made a mockery of hip hop, FOH @ you thinkin that ? made him a legend. Detroit already had countless musicians come out of there you actin like he's the first further shows how overrated he is. Straight up if ? catch feelings when someone says a rapper is overrated than that's all the proof you need.

lol at you son. nothing i said had to due with him being popular. grammys and 5 star albums dont come from being popular. record sales are debatable but if a ? consistently sells and produces beast albums and gets grammys, what more can you ask. ? aint runnin around saying he is the best rapper alive for the fact that hes popular. he murdered jay on his own ? , murdered wayne on songs, murdered drake and they are way more popular than em lol. what the ? does popularity have to do with you thinking hes underrated. in the words of jigga, "applaud him" and "Men lie, women lie, numbers dont".
  • Knightryder
    Knightryder Members Posts: 2,098 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2010
    Options
    sionb55 wrote: »
    now imo heres the most overrated ? of the last 10 years:

#9. Gucci Mane - dude is the worst rapper ever to have dropped. The only thing that disguises that are dope beats , cameos & the image his music perpetuates. Other than that Gucci's lyrics are doo doo & the type of ? ud hear kids singing along too in a sponge bob cartoon. Waaaayyy overhyped , respected for nothing, ppl have unrealistic expectations for him. Hiphop is dying (or dead) but somehow for some reason lol ? is still pouring they heart into ? who will help keep it dead & ignorant. Gucci Mane Overated ? . dude can be seen as a disgrace to or a the most extreme example of what southern music is (if u a hater lollololol). I think its a good idea that gucci mane is in jail now lets hope he stays there smh.

#8. Lupe Fiasco - ? is gonna hate me for this one but im just keepin em honest.... ? has contributed his share to the game n even won a grammy or two which then led ? to faithfully believe that hes that ? . Now imo hes good n hes got bars n everything but the way Stans dickride dude is disgusting. OK fine he made it cool to be a nerd in hiphop , great, hes got nice bars but ? need to stop w/ these comparisons that he in the Top 10. i remember back on the old IC ? even went as far as dude could battle w/ Big n was better smmfh . dude is still young to the game n needs a hell of a lot more to do b4 we can call him GOAT or start throwin him in the ranks w/ them ? . Creatively tho ill give him his props he reminds me of a young picasso he has so much potential but lets not let it go to our heads folks.

#7. Papoose - this ? was actually praised as one of the golden few who ? were banking on to save Hiphop n bring back NY (along w/ Fab & Saigon who also made the list), dude had everything going for him, dope lyrics, free knowledge, good production , amazing collection of classic mixtapes a movement (thugication) , was cool w/ everyone & the right label n deal but what happened ? it wasnt so much his work but more that we OVERHYPED him & set the bar waaayy too high. labels felt the same way n gave him a 1.5 Million dollar deal & as for what came outta this ? nothing. when his hype began to die down n ppl started to see it for what it was labels started to feel the same n pulled the deal, i guess u could say he "missed the boat" on that one. dudes still a favorite of mine but damn wat happened pap ? ya got w/ remy ma (hold ya head) n inherited a fat joe beef got sucker punched n aint been seen since. ayo anyone still know if the Nacirema Dream ever gon drop ? its one thing to be overhyped but to not even drop an album ? SMH.

#6. Saigon - This ? was realer than real gets , he did his time got out n put his life on track (literally), managed to buddy up w/ Just Blaze & had the whole industry behind him. EVERYONE was bumpin Sai n threads were even made w/ ? bettin on how much he was gonna sell (i think one ? Tupacfan said hed outsell 50 lol). Saigon even managed to get stripes off of legends (prodigy) lol & had the public buying his image. TO ADD on to that *takes a breather* he even got a spot on Entourage as Turtle's protege trying 2 get a deal n drop his album... unfortunately it seemed like life was imitating art & saigon would have his album pushed back more n more until the project was ultimately scrapped. so much for that. the streets never gave up hope tho & joe buddens would give dude another shot wen the two started to feud. Buddens ended that quick talmbout "how is it harder to be me/if i lose in real life?/but u cant even win on TV". The aftermath ? Saigon lost miserably - he was nooo match. His buzz slowly faded away n so did he. Its funny cuz dude couldnt even get a deal on entourage smh. but perhaps Saigon really did have the Greatest Story Never Told. *shrugs*

#4. Fabolous - another ? that ? was swearin on they mama was destined to be the next hov & one of the leading catalysts in the "lets bring back NY" movement. Another young upstart who made his bones w/ DJ Clue n desert storm droppin classic mixtapes (Loso's Way was the truth IMO) , RnB classics (no typo) , n even influencing fashion. but come on tho ? .... dont front, despite this, dude is widely overated. Lyrically hes dope but come on yall better than Banks , kiss , Immortal Technique n them ? ? dont think so. Fab is cool n all but the hype this ? gets is ridiculous - hes actually grown lazy, he'll do up a quick mixtape, get some names behind it,
    drop maybe 2 or 3 quotables & then do an RnB-pop track that he knows ladies will buy. lately Fab has been lazy w/ his ? . but perhaps thats our fault for not buying the music in the first place. Now someone tell that ? to
    Drop a classic album n ill ? (? lost me wen he did that diamonds in my chain joint WTF was he thinking !?).

#2. Big Pun - b4 u hispanic ? throw me under the bus lemme just give my explanation as to why. now RIP Christopher Rios. Ok Pun was or is the first hispanic rapper to go plat n really open the doors for ? . ok cool lyrically he was nice n all but that was it. He didnt break any barriers , he didnt change up the game, he didnt bring anything new to the game lyrically or anything like that. Matter of fact tell me im lying when i say that pun got more famous AFTER he died. Now sure pun was big in the 90s but he was still alive in 2000 n after he died his name would live on & dominate the charts n ? would even eat off his name as well. Pun left a legacy w/ Capital Punishment n went plat but that was it. Looking back today can we really say that what pun brought to the game was anything diff't than wat we have now ? no disrespect but the only reason why ? praise him is cuz he died an unfortunate death. *in chris rock voice* yeah... i said it ? ... i said it...

#1. Cam'ron - never in my life have i ever seen a ? sooo overated smh. Cam'Ron is one of the worst lyricists around n is even more ignorant... now arguably dude can be considered revolutionary for wat he did w/ the Dips but jesus christ even they were grossly overated (jimmy cant rap , santana's crew sux n went lukewarm , hell rell had comedic value but was still ass & dont even get me started on freaky zekey) above all, Cam had ? buying cheap liquor , wearing big earrings & WORST of all pink tees , shoes n anything to match just off the strength of persona n hype. ? will front but even they was somehow hypnotized by his mothergoose rhymes to think otherwise. sure he had a classic w/ purple haze & in his SDE days he was fire but that was then, i have no idea how come home with me went platinum n that album was terrible in comparison. To further show yall how overated cam is, ? still to this day hold him in high regards as one of the best to do it n still copy him wen the opportunity is present. sure he stood out from the rest but bragged about having more money than he actually had , turned my generation Bi (he atleast made em bi-curious) no ? & waged fake-beefs w/ the likes of jay , nas , 50 n others n theres ? that still think cam won those beefs (jay laughed at the idea, nas didnt even bother , 50 sent him into exile n exposed him as an idiot , his own crew even had to smh). Overall all tho out of all the rappers to have dropped in the last10 years Cam takes the cake as the most overated rapper of the decade. Now yes he had his good moments n entertained us w/ his comedy but aside from that cam was nothing more than a mediocore rapper at best who had strong business acumen n just happened to be best friends w/ the right ? . & smh @ harlem ? talmbout they got cousins whose cousins wit cam - yeah right ? , harlem has way more to offer than ? that dress in pink n drive pink trucks.

i agree about these ? being overrated ....

obviously everybody is gonna name the most popular rappers and say they are overrated such as wayne, jayz, 50 cents and eminem

but realistically they aren't..... for the past 10 years they have been constantly putting out music which was hot enough to create them a huge fanbase

its them ? ass rappers that haven't accomplished anything that people swear gonna blow that are overrated
  • Stack Money
    Stack Money Members Posts: 994 ✭✭✭
    edited January 2010
    Options
    lol at you son. nothing i said had to due with him being popular. grammys and 5 star albums dont come from being popular. record sales are debatable but if a ? consistently sells and produces beast albums and gets grammys, what more can you ask. ? aint runnin around saying he is the best rapper alive for the fact that hes popular. he murdered jay on his own ? , murdered wayne on songs, murdered drake and they are way more popular than em lol. what the ? does popularity have to do with you thinking hes underrated. in the words of jigga, "applaud him" and "Men lie, women lie, numbers dont".
    I ain't say he hasn't accomplished those things I'm sayin the fact that ? like you think he's this legend wit a bunch of classics makes him overrated cause his first two albums were a joke.
  • la'trice
    la'trice Banned Users Posts: 19
    edited January 2010
    Options
    usmarin3 wrote: »
    Lil Wayne, dude got famous off of rhyming on other peoples beats and using their template. Not saying he is wack but what is he really famous for, because it ain't for dropping timeless and classic music.

people will overlook this but your speaking the truth, wayne and drake are both overrated.
  • la'trice
    la'trice Banned Users Posts: 19
    edited January 2010
    Options
    Young Jeezy takes this

hes very overrated and this is coming from a fan of his , the only reason hes succesful the way he is , is because of them big co-signs he has .. (puffy, jay-z, bmf,) ... big meech said no one was ? wtih jeezy until he started paying dj's to play his music.
  • KillaCham
    KillaCham Members, Moderators Posts: 11,417 Regulator
    edited February 2010
    Options
    Lemme add T.I. to this list. LOL @ having an album with 'Whatever You Like' on it being labeled a classic.
  • Stew
    Stew Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 52,234 Regulator
    edited February 2010
    Options
    This whole thread is dripping with hate. smh
  • THE_R_
    THE_R_ Members Posts: 3,444 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2010
    Options
    Wayne...dude's been trash since he was 11
  • Idiopathic Joker
    Idiopathic Joker Members, Moderators Posts: 45,691 Regulator
    edited February 2010
    Options
    This thread should be re-named The Playa Hater's Ball
  • THE_R_
    THE_R_ Members Posts: 3,444 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2010
    Options
    This thread should be re-named The Playa Hater's Ball

ur corny as hell
  • bmoreeast
    bmoreeast Members Posts: 3,436 ✭✭✭
    edited February 2010
    Options
    this thread should be re-named the playa hater's ball

co-sign!!!!!!
  • Capo1
    Capo1 Members Posts: 789
    edited February 2010
    Options
    Young Jeezy or Lil Wayne
  • Punisher__
    Punisher__ Members Posts: 3,031 ✭✭
    edited February 2010
    Options
    the_r_ wrote: »
    ur corny as hell

co-sign!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • a_list
    a_list Members Posts: 4,886 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2010
    Options
    jeezy, lil wayne
  • L.P. Royal Flush
    L.P. Royal Flush Members Posts: 770
    edited February 2010
    Options
    like Common said " If I don't like it, I don't like it, that don't mean that I'm hating"

my list

Rick Ross

Young Money Crew

Waka Flocka

Jeezy

Gucci
  • 4 POUND
    4 POUND Members Posts: 57
    edited February 2010
    Options
    nobody immediately jumps to mind...

there was some wack ? ...lyk young joc...dem franchize boys..etc..i kant think of anybody that i jus asolutely would not ? with...bc most ? lyk wut i listed didnt last long enough to be, oever rated...so iono...ima have 2 think a lil bit...
  • flushill401
    flushill401 Members Posts: 1,066 ✭✭
    edited February 2010
    Options
    Lil Wayne, Cheezy
  • t. webb
    t. webb Members Posts: 2,737 ✭✭✭
    edited February 2010
    Options
    SMH @ people saying Jay-Z & Lupe.....

Lil Boosie and Webbie...both of them dudes are wack...
  • innercity99
    innercity99 Members Posts: 892
    edited February 2010
    Options
    he murdered jay on his own ? ,".

Ur personal opinion he did
  • bbwthick23
    bbwthick23 Members Posts: 954 ✭✭✭
    edited February 2010
    Options
    biggar wrote: »
    Good Point

IMO Wayne and Gucci are the most overatted rappers in history

I agree but i have to add one rapper to your list; Drake.
  • innercity99
    edited February 2010
    Options
    How could someone of the likes of Guccii or Birdman be overrated when they were barely rated 2 begin with ? don't understand the meaning of overrated cause even though u may not like a ? and think he wack but ur neighbor think he the best thing since kool-aid don't make them overrated wut lists are they on or awards have they won???

Even 50 wut top ten list is he on I'm not even sure if he's won a grammy yet... when most ? mention 50 they meantion his accomplishments like vitamin water and him sellin 10 mill but never his skill or his dope tracks 4 the most part atleast

How can jay or nas be overrated when they are on atleast 90% of hiphops top ten list been in the game 10 plus years influenced the game have classic albums now u may not like them that's ur personal preference but to say they are overrated is just reachen
  • innercity99
    edited February 2010
    Options
    How could someone of the likes of Guccii or Birdman be overrated when they were barely rated 2 begin with ? don't understand the meaning of overrated cause even though u may not like a ? and think he wack but ur neighbor think he the best thing since kool-aid don't make them overrated wut lists are they on or awards have they won???

Even 50 wut top ten list is he on I'm not even sure if he's won a grammy yet... when most ? mention 50 they meantion his accomplishments like vitamin water and him sellin 10 mill but never his skill or his dope tracks 4 the most part atleast

How can jay or nas be overrated when they are on atleast 90% of hiphops top ten list been in the game 10 plus years influenced the game have classic albums now u may not like them that's ur personal preference but to say they are overrated is just reachen
  • mr.getwitcha
    mr.getwitcha Members Posts: 2,459 ✭✭
    edited February 2010
    Options
    Lupe
    Em
    Ghostface
    Raekwon

Getwitcha