I've noticed the serious hatred for KRS-1 for a while...

Options

Comments

• onepunch2
    onepunch2 Banned Users Posts: 324
    edited October 2011
    Options
    bignorm73 wrote: »
    Its his ego.

He cant just be happy with being called one of the GOATs.

He wants to tell you he's one of the GOAT, why he is one of the GOATS, and why your favorite emcee is not.

Doesn't Wayne call himself the greatest rapper alive?.....a little hypocritical there homeboy!
  • onepunch2
    edited October 2011
    Options
    Just his unwillingness to not accept forms of rap that don't sound like 80's rap I guess... could be other ? as well.

Its not like I hate KRS, just don;t really like him either

Ddin't KRS praise 50 cent a few years back....a little hyprocritical as well homeboy!
  • onepunch2
    edited October 2011
    Options
    tompetrez3 wrote: »
    I never liked him. his delivery is garbage. his skills are overrated. Shan won the battle. The yeah i said it. Kane called him out, G Rap called him out. Craig G bumped into him numerous times ready for a battle and he never stepped to the plate. He was one of the 7 MC that rakim put in that line. He was scared to go at LL. LL was throwin shots at him on Bad album. I was 5 years old and I could tell who he was talking about. Him and D Nice got Scott La Rock killed. Jive records pet monkey and wanna be jew. He stole that revolutionary style straight from Chuck D. "I Dont rhyme for the sake of riddilin" was a shot at KRS. ? didnt like him he's a snob. and when that african medallion ? went south he went underground and had ? ghost writing and ghost producing for him. you had young ? like BCC, Wu, Def Squad shaping the underground sound for the youth of the 90s and this old ass musty dreadlocked ? gonna act like he created "boom bap real hip hop" ? . ? that. He was uncle otis in 1992-1993. Nelly ended his career. ? was so thirsty for relevancy in the new millenium he actually thought Nelly was throwing shots at him. just like with shan he took ? way out of context and caught feelings over it. Shan smashed him. Nelly smashed him. he ducked the juice crew. he not even in my top 100 rappers. i never liked KRS one. his music is boring. he dont have no bangers. maybe love is gonna get cha but thats just because I heard it on a DJ Screw tape. Bridge is over garbage diss song. like i said he dissing women like Jay Z. dissin producers but he aint want no part of G Rap or Kane. What kind of ? legend is that.

The Bridge, ? That Noise>South Bronx, Bridge Is Over
    MC Shan, Nelly>KRS-1

I don't believe nothing you just typed from your feminen finger tips....
  • 5th Letter
    5th Letter Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 37,068 Regulator
    edited October 2011
    Options
    well for one, he's overrated as ? , all the 80's legends, and yall choose DIS ? !!

what makes him "overrated" and who "chose" him and what do you mean by that?
  • H-Rap 180
    H-Rap 180 Members Posts: 15,452 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2011
    Options
    Same generation praises rakim, big daddy kane, and kool g rap. Why does Krs get left out?

I don't believe in the generation-gap excuse either because they love Birdman:

Let me share some DJ trivia with you:

Birdman & KRS-One both dropped their solo debut's in 1993.

Baby dropped "I need a bag of dope" & KRS-One dropped "Return of the Boom Bap".

The symbolism has enough irony to make you cringe because one rapper became a cultural icon for representing the culture "poor righteous teacher" style and the other rapper became a poster-boy for the super-corporate, mega-capitalist, ultra-consumerist, ghoulishness representing the "hustler-rapper".

Two polar opposites that exist at both ends of the spectrum, one respected as the ultimate hustler who is relevant in 2011 and the other disrespected as an irrelevant ego-maniac.
  • ustreet_monsta
    ustreet_monsta Members Posts: 2,536 ✭✭✭
    edited October 2011
    Options
    I dont take anybody serious who doesnt have respect for the pioneers. And of course somehow its Biggie or Jay's fault that KRS doesnt get his props.

KRS' biggest problem with the younger generation of fans is that he hasnt released much good music since the mid 90's and he's inconsistent with who and what he co-signs.
  • H-Rap 180
    edited November 2011
    Options
    well for one, he's overrated as ? , all the 80's legends, and yall choose DIS ? !!

It hurts to hear you say that because you are an emcee.

We didn't choose Blastmaster, HipHop did.

Don't let Tomp fool you, he ain't bite Chuck D, he switched up because Scott La Rock (Rip) got murdered...besides: By any Means and It takes a Nation came out the same year and same month nobody was allowed to bite back then...plus Tomp talking that African medallion ish when he knows that KRS-One was beefing with X-Clan during the Afrikancentric era. KRS-One never lost a battle hes undefeated.

You say this man is overrated but you fail to understand his album was one of the first politically conscious joints, he was one of the first to "kick knowledge", he started the Edutainment movement, he started the Human Education Against Lies movement, he started the Stop The Violence movement, he started the Temple of HipHop, he has 20+ albums in his discography, he influenced 100's of rappers and tours the world giving lectures on HipHop...so how is he overrated?

Highly influential to emcees like Nas and one of the greatest stage-performers of all time.
  • The 3mcee
    The 3mcee Members Posts: 588
    edited November 2011
    Options
    H-Rap 180 wrote: »

Don't let Tomp fool you, he ain't bite Chuck D, he switched up because Scott La Rock (Rip) got murdered...besides: By any Means and It takes a Nation came out the same year and same month nobody was allowed to bite back then...plus Tomp talking that African medallion ish when he knows that KRS-One was beefing with X-Clan during the Afrikancentric era. KRS-One never lost a battle hes undefeated.

You say this man is overrated but you fail to understand his album was one of the first politically conscious joints, he was one of the first to "kick knowledge", he started the Edutainment movement, he started the Human Education Against Lies movement, he started the Stop The Violence movement, he started the Temple of HipHop, he has 20+ albums in his discography, he influenced 100's of rappers and tours the world giving lectures on HipHop...so how is he overrated?

Highly influential to emcees like Nas and one of the greatest stage-performers of all time.

Dropping the science!!!! Great post
  • Disciplined InSight
    Disciplined InSight Members Posts: 13,478 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2011
    Options

180 proof truth....yet somehow the ones that hate him will not agree this insightful post...especially Nelly fans.
  • alibaba
    alibaba Members Posts: 1,116 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2011
    Options

How ya gonna say KRS never lost a battle when Nelly served his ass with #1? And I aint even a Nelly fan
    KRS is just hella cocky and thinks he gods gift to hip hop when in reality that ? aint been relevant in over 15 years? how you gonna diss Nelly talkin bout he bad for hip hop when ya coulda went after any new york ? that was dooin the same thing he was doin? I dont get that? KRS went after Nelly cuz he was a easy target and got served. This new alcohol campaign dont help him either. how you gonna preach and do ads for alcohol at the same time? And dont bring up Rakim in this cuz that was way diffrent
  • monolithicpaw
    monolithicpaw Members Posts: 246 ✭✭
    edited November 2011
    Options
    I stopped reading this thread after the 3rd or 4th post. It's easy not to like him, If you don't understand. I hate his arrogance, delusions of grandeur and what not. But I swear whenever i listen to My Philosophy and just about any song from that album. I become a fan all over again.Boogie down was Banging! He came in the game and commanded respect. With his homeless, destitute background during the height of the ? epidemic. The Paid in Full era. He made the dopest song ever about safe sex w/ "jimmy". He told us about "Illegal Business" before We knew that the Cia Supplied ? to the inner city. Im just gone go ahead and say it. If you aint up on the BY ALL MEANS NECESSARY ALBUM BY KRS1 And Boogie Down Productions, You's a sucka! And your opinion carries no muthafuckin weight at all in this culture that we call HIP HOP.
  • bahassausTymn
    bahassausTymn Members Posts: 1
    edited November 2011
    Options
    rdy 343 citalopram ssri weight gain long term citalopram
    citalopram cholesterol citalopram bijwerking
    absetzprobleme citalopram sigma aldrich cheapest price citalopram
    citalopram anwendung vergessen citalopram anwendung vergessen
    citalopram ecosol sandoz pharmaceuticals ag citalopram ecosol 40 filmtabletten
    what does citalopram loss of appetite buy citalopram online at
    citalopram van hexal citalopram und penicillin
    citalopram zunahme serotonin syndrom depression mit citalopram
    5 mg citalopram advil citalopram
    weaning citalopram coming off web md citalopram celexa
    for sale citalopram fastin and citalopram
    ketoprofen ibuprofen citalopram celexa lethal dose of citalopram serotonin syndrome
    gingko biloba and citalopram interactions efeitos colaterais do citalopram
    starting citalopram 20mg smoke deter citalopram
    bactrim clarithromycin azithromycin atypical pneumonia clarithromycin
    uses of clarithromycin strep throat toddler clarithromycin allergy
    clarithromycin hexal saft clarithromycin minisiston
    clarithromycin tablets usa ratiopharm clarithromycin
    500mg clarithromycin drug erythromycin clarithromycin and tetracyclines
    clomid with no prescription clomiphene citrate clomid when to have intercourse clomiphene citrate
    metformin clomiphene combination missed a dose of clomid clomiphene citrate
    best price clonidine name brand online clonidine myspace
    clonidine lab test clonidine for children transdermal patch
    nifedipine clonidine calcium channel blockers sale clonidine
    buy online clopidogrel plato clopidogrel acute coronary syndrome
    cloxacillin suspension cloxacillin skin
    missed dose clozapine trouble thinking blog olanzepine versus clozapine in treatment resistant
    cheap brand name clopidogrel clopidogrel treatment duration
  • monolithicpaw
    edited November 2011
    Options
    Shout out to H Rap for really going into depth about that era. And expanding. Please people! Listen to his early work at least once.He is worthy of every ounce of respect bestowed upon him.
  • monolithicpaw
    edited November 2011
    Options
    And Grip Money, You've been around for a while. so I have to respect you as a poster. But please educate yourself about this dude. Because if you truly know then you have nothing bad to say.
  • a_list
    a_list Members Posts: 4,886 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2011
    Options
    alibaba wrote: »
    How ya gonna say KRS never lost a battle when Nelly served his ass with #1? And I aint even a Nelly fan
    KRS is just hella cocky and thinks he gods gift to hip hop when in reality that ? aint been relevant in over 15 years? how you gonna diss Nelly talkin bout he bad for hip hop when ya coulda went after any new york ? that was dooin the same thing he was doin? I dont get that? KRS went after Nelly cuz he was a easy target and got served. This new alcohol campaign dont help him either. how you gonna preach and do ads for alcohol at the same time? And dont bring up Rakim in this cuz that was way diffrent

i thought bout this n came to the conclusion that if he beefed with someone like ja rule i dont think people would hate him like they do....lol
  • Aristo_V300
    Aristo_V300 Members Posts: 6,118 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2011
    Options
    I don't like his flow, his music sounds like it's from the early 90's, he's old as ? , he's corny as ? and I don't like positive rap 'cuz I'm a negative ? .
  • supersajinfo
    supersajinfo Members Posts: 461 ✭✭
    edited November 2011
    Options
    His flow has always been outdated to me.Kane rakim and a slew of others where more advanced at that time when I think of that raw concious street ? cube n parrish to mind .dude uses his tenure as an excuse for ? comments and statements.rakim doesn't say that wild ? nor does Kane and they have more respect.krs one may be an old head but he is a ? his approach is so heavy handed and tactless it's cringe-worthy.
  • Pond Scum
    Pond Scum Members Posts: 2,888 ✭✭✭
    edited November 2011
    Options
    H-Rap already came through and crushed this thread so there's really nothing left to do but this...

ALL CLASSICS!

(and i had to stop myself from adding more - p is still free, 13 and good, mad mad crew, a friend, self-destruction, black cop, ...)
  • soul rattler
    soul rattler Members Posts: 18,852 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2011
    Options
    So ? in here caping for MC Shan and Nelly. Ain't that bout a ? ?
  • H-Rap 180
    edited November 2011
    Options
    alibaba wrote: »

You can believe Nelly won if it pleases your sensibilities, I have heard people like you say that Soulja Boy ended Ice-T's career so I'm not surprised.

Is KRS-One more "cocky" than the rappers who proclaim themselves as the greatest rappers alive or deify themselves as ? emcees or Jehovah/Jayhova??

More cocky than the self-proclaimed geniuses and the rappers who crown themselves KONY or King of the South

No KRS-One is not relevant to the radio in 2011 and no other rapper who debuted in 1993 is either, do fans of Rock music bemoan how ? Jagger hasnt been relevant for 20 years or do they recognize his influence and appreciate his contributions to the genre?

KRS-One went after Nelly because of the song "#1" and due to the fact that Nelly was a pop-rapper who wore a band-aid on his face...I don't hear anyone complaining about 50-Cent dissing Ja-Rule.

KRS-One never claimed to be a preacher, so what does that have to do with an alcohol ad? The Teacha can't drink a beer or a glass of wine now??

WoW, Nelly has some rabid fans.
  • Who Cares???
    Who Cares??? Members Posts: 1,167
    edited November 2011
    Options
    It's funny you said that KRS-1 "writing the rules in Hip Hop" yet whenever JayZ does something supposedly "new" his Witnesses think he's doing the same thing....

With the jokes about his humongous nostrils set aside...

So to you it's his music?

See, you already killing a good thread. Jayz has nothing to do with this. On topic, ? hate KRS but at the same time cant name 10 BDP songs. Its asinine. Duke was a lyrical genius in an era where lyricism was all around potent. He earned his right to be arrogant. ? have no knowledge of history, but want to comment on it. ? corny.
  • nycest_1
    nycest_1 Members Posts: 2,731 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2011
    Options
    tompetrez3 wrote: »
    I never liked him. his delivery is garbage. his skills are overrated. Shan won the battle. The yeah i said it. Kane called him out, G Rap called him out. Craig G bumped into him numerous times ready for a battle and he never stepped to the plate. He was one of the 7 MC that rakim put in that line. He was scared to go at LL. LL was throwin shots at him on Bad album. I was 5 years old and I could tell who he was talking about. Him and D Nice got Scott La Rock killed. Jive records pet monkey and wanna be jew. He stole that revolutionary style straight from Chuck D. "I Dont rhyme for the sake of riddilin" was a shot at KRS. ? didnt like him he's a snob. and when that african medallion ? went south he went underground and had ? ghost writing and ghost producing for him. you had young ? like BCC, Wu, Def Squad shaping the underground sound for the youth of the 90s and this old ass musty dreadlocked ? gonna act like he created "boom bap real hip hop" ? . ? that. He was uncle otis in 1992-1993. Nelly ended his career. ? was so thirsty for relevancy in the new millenium he actually thought Nelly was throwing shots at him. just like with shan he took ? way out of context and caught feelings over it. Shan smashed him. Nelly smashed him. he ducked the juice crew. he not even in my top 100 rappers. i never liked KRS one. his music is boring. he dont have no bangers. maybe love is gonna get cha but thats just because I heard it on a DJ Screw tape. Bridge is over garbage diss song. like i said he dissing women like Jay Z. dissin producers but he aint want no part of G Rap or Kane. What kind of ? legend is that.

The Bridge, ? That Noise>South Bronx, Bridge Is Over
    MC Shan, Nelly>KRS-1

most of what you said is opinion so i won't dispute it or tell you you are wrong, ? it if you dislike 1 ? u dislike him.
    but the bolded part? you should pay more attention.
    listen to krs 1's flow and delivery then listen to biggie's flow and delivery
    the are 1 and the same. so at the end of the day if you look at this from a benchmark perspective. minus the subject matter krs is to biggie what slick rick/rakim are to nas
    and to further expand on the analogy that also extends to rappers big influenced (Jay-z) and the rappers that they influenced

with alotta people that had success and make noise, even if you don't like em, at least see what they mean to the art form/music then respond
  • KingJamal
    KingJamal Members Posts: 20,652 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2011
    Options
    I agree with tompetrez his delivery and flow are horrible to me

And the whole Nelly situation was unnecessary and showed that he was a crab ?
  • Disciplined InSight
    Disciplined InSight Members Posts: 13,478 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2011
    Options
    See, you already killing a good thread. Jayz has nothing to do with this. On topic, ? hate KRS but at the same time cant name 10 BDP songs. Its asinine. Duke was a lyrical genius in an era where lyricism was all around potent. He earned his right to be arrogant. ? have no knowledge of history, but want to comment on it. ? corny.
    You can believe Nelly won if it pleases your sensibilities, I have heard people like you say that Soulja Boy ended Ice-T's career so I'm not surprised.

Is KRS-One more "cocky" than the rappers who proclaim themselves as the greatest rappers alive or deify themselves as ? emcees or Jehovah/Jayhova??

More cocky than the self-proclaimed geniuses and the rappers who crown themselves KONY or King of the South

No KRS-One is not relevant to the radio in 2011 and no other rapper who debuted in 1993 is either, do fans of Rock music bemoan how ? Jagger hasnt been relevant for 20 years or do they recognize his influence and appreciate his contributions to the genre?

KRS-One went after Nelly because of the song "#1" and due to the fact that Nelly was a pop-rapper who wore a band-aid on his face...I don't hear anyone complaining about 50-Cent dissing Ja-Rule.

KRS-One never claimed to be a preacher, so what does that have to do with an alcohol ad? The Teacha can't drink a beer or a glass of wine now??

WoW, Nelly has some rabid fans.
    H-Rap put my point in clear detail in the bolded..that's why I put Jay's name in it. ? hate KRS's cocky and arrogant demeanor, yet...

And yes..Nelly does have rabid fans.
  • ShencotheMC
    ShencotheMC Members Posts: 26,051 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2011
    Options
    Ayo it was prolly already posted, but what was the KRS song where he was telling a story and said some ? like " I got nothing, but beans, rice, and bread on my shelf." I just remember that song being ill, but can't remember the name

EDIT: NVM it was Love's gonna getcha