I've noticed the serious hatred for KRS-1 for a while...

Options

Comments

• judahxulu
    judahxulu Members Posts: 3,988 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2011
    Options
    for me..he set the bar too high for himself with his old classics. i just dont really like his newer ? . i try...i really do. i even went thru the stage of feeling guilty about it...but ? it. he just talks too much ? not to be cranking out classics no more. he had a good run but he wasnt that ? pivotal in the grand scheme of things cause back in my day rappers actually HAD to be able to rap good and pretty much everybody was dropping knowledge so he doesn't stand alone as THE teacher imo.im goin to need hear more good music from hima and LESS opinions. and i was born the year when the first rap album ever was released btw.....

just thought id say that b4 i say....

the roid munching cokehead got the better of him
  • L3NU
    L3NU Members Posts: 1,272 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2011
    Options
    i just cant stand his flow and most of his music

seriously, how the ? do you guys listen to nostrildaumus
  • judahxulu
    edited November 2011
    Options
    isayas_2 wrote: »
    KRS is one of the best rapper who ever lived. These ? kids who need bass in their car or needs a rapper to be ignorant to keep their attention. It's sad.

BDP catalog>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>80% of hip hop.

80%???GTFOH!!!! some nice ? but c'mon son...c'mon. how old r u anyway talking about young kids? i was around to hear all that ? as it came out and i think the ? fell off. and i hate ignorant music. itd like soome source top ten list cliched ? to act like he owns rap consciousness. if u that old then u should remember that ? used to be THE RULE NOT THE EXCEPTION.
  • ShencotheMC
    ShencotheMC Members Posts: 26,051 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2011
    Options
    Why do old heads stay pulling that I was around when it came out ? ? My uncle stay doing that wack ? . Like they the only ? who can ? with Brand New Funk or something. Elitism in it's purest form
  • darkrain
    darkrain Members Posts: 2,128 ✭✭✭
    edited November 2011
    Options
    I love Krs-One, he's one of my favorite rapper.

People mad at him the same reason why Nas said "Hip-Hop Is Dead" when Jeezy and anybody came mad at Nas.
  • judahxulu
    edited November 2011
    Options
    shenco wrote: »
    Why do old heads stay pulling that I was around when it came out ? ? My uncle stay doing that wack ? . Like they the only ? who can ? with Brand New Funk or something. Elitism in it's purest form

? ? . experiencing something allways >>> looking back on it from a distance. its called perspective not elitism ? .
  • ShencotheMC
    edited November 2011
    Options
    judahxulu wrote: »
    ? ? . experiencing something allways >>> looking back on it from a distance. its called perspective not elitism ? .

Nah it's called elitism grandpa
  • judahxulu
    edited November 2011
    Options
    Nah it's called elitism grandpa

naw son i aint ya grandpa...unless you the descendant of a throat baby. yo granny got them fiyah ass velveteen rubs
  • ShencotheMC
    edited November 2011
    Options
    naw son i aint ya grandpa...unless you the descendant of a throat baby. yo granny got them fiyah ass velveteen rubs

Ummmm well you're a sicko
  • judahxulu
    edited November 2011
    Options
    Ummmm well you're a sicko

yeah...? was awkward getting head from a roller pig with arthritis. she had me amped up on jesus juice tho...and we was bumping mc shan in the background
  • ShencotheMC
    edited November 2011
    Options
    yeah...? was awkward getting head from a roller pig with arthritis. she had me amped up on jesus juice tho...and we was bumping mc shan in the background

Ummm well alrighty then...*stops acknowledging this weirdo*
  • Makaveli The King
    Makaveli The King Members Posts: 562
    edited November 2011
    Options
    another troll thread by ? in sight
  • @My_nameaintearl
    @My_nameaintearl Banned Users Posts: 2,609 ✭✭
    edited November 2011
    Options
    Except for old school cats who know KRS was a coward in the face of competition in the late 80's, nobody hates KRS-ONE.

Younger people just think he's wack now because he is. The stuff he's released in the last twelve years has been 99% garbage, all while saying he's got rhymes prepared to end the careers of the top ten rappers at all times. He failed to out-emcee Nelly. Listen to the disses he directed at him. "Even St. Louis don't like you!" Is that a GOAT line? No, it's amateur. He made this grand proclamation that he's the living embodiment of Hip Hop and can out-emcee anybody, anywhere, anytime. And he failed.

Then he started losing his mind, his bizarre religious beliefs became more pronounced, and he got so crazy he made his son commit suicide.
  • judahxulu
    edited November 2011
    Options
    Ummm well alrighty then...*stops acknowledging this weirdo*

your mom loves the ? too...now how im gone be an elitist ? with TWO generations of mud ducks??
  • judahxulu
    edited November 2011
    Options
    Except for old school cats who know KRS was a coward in the face of competition in the late 80's, nobody hates KRS-ONE.

Younger people just think he's wack now because he is. The stuff he's released in the last twelve years has been 99% garbage, all while saying he's got rhymes prepared to end the careers of the top ten rappers at all times. He failed to out-emcee Nelly. Listen to the disses he directed at him. "Even St. Louis don't like you!" Is that a GOAT line? No, it's amateur. He made this grand proclamation that he's the living embodiment of Hip Hop and can out-emcee anybody, anywhere, anytime. And he failed.

Then he started losing his mind, his bizarre religious beliefs became more pronounced, and he got so crazy he made his son commit suicide.

huh? u bullshitting...uh-uh...link?
  • soul rattler
    soul rattler Members Posts: 18,852 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2011
    Options
    huh? u bullshitting...uh-uh...link?

smh.......
  • @My_nameaintearl
    @My_nameaintearl Banned Users Posts: 2,609 ✭✭
    edited November 2011
    Options
  • judahxulu
    edited November 2011
    Options

well thats ? up...the ? overbearing but i dont think that made his son patch his own cabbage tho
  • KingJamal
    KingJamal Members Posts: 20,652 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2011
    Options
    Krs probably tried to tell his son wat REAL HIP HOP was an annoyed the kid to death smh

It woulda been great if Nelly performed at his funeral
  • Lincoln
    Lincoln Members Posts: 1,664 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2011
    Options
    KRS-One's music was made to be heard live. He points this out a lot. Unless you've heard his music live, you're not really able to intelligently comment on how 'hip-hop' he is.
  • son of 1973
    son of 1973 Members Posts: 769
    edited November 2011
    Options
    tompetrez3 wrote: »
    I never liked him. his delivery is garbage. his skills are overrated. Shan won the battle. The yeah i said it. Kane called him out, G Rap called him out. Craig G bumped into him numerous times ready for a battle and he never stepped to the plate. He was one of the 7 MC that rakim put in that line. He was scared to go at LL. LL was throwin shots at him on Bad album. I was 5 years old and I could tell who he was talking about. Him and D Nice got Scott La Rock killed. Jive records pet monkey and wanna be jew. He stole that revolutionary style straight from Chuck D. "I Dont rhyme for the sake of riddilin" was a shot at KRS. ? didnt like him he's a snob. and when that african medallion ? went south he went underground and had ? ghost writing and ghost producing for him. you had young ? like BCC, Wu, Def Squad shaping the underground sound for the youth of the 90s and this old ass musty dreadlocked ? gonna act like he created "boom bap real hip hop" ? . ? that. He was uncle otis in 1992-1993. Nelly ended his career. ? was so thirsty for relevancy in the new millenium he actually thought Nelly was throwing shots at him. just like with shan he took ? way out of context and caught feelings over it. Shan smashed him. Nelly smashed him. he ducked the juice crew. he not even in my top 100 rappers. i never liked KRS one. his music is boring. he dont have no bangers. maybe love is gonna get cha but thats just because I heard it on a DJ Screw tape. Bridge is over garbage diss song. like i said he dissing women like Jay Z. dissin producers but he aint want no part of G Rap or Kane. What kind of ? legend is that.

The Bridge, ? That Noise>South Bronx, Bridge Is Over
    MC Shan, Nelly>KRS-1

Shan's career was over after the Bridge is Over. His records did not sell. The Juice Crew admitted that. And that record was huge. ? That Noise was a joke to ? outside of Queens. Kool G respected KRS if you ask me, theres no other explanation for why he aint go at him. Theres no proof KRS was ducking anybody, thats just made up lol. Kane was his friend so they aint battle in public, he did write that song for Shante "Have A Nice Day" dissing him though. Ra and KRS used to perform together. Kool G Rap, Ra, Kane all have said in interviews they respect the ? out of KRS's style/flow/content, so I dont get how fans want to say he couldn't compete with those dudes if the dudes themselves rate him so highly. As another poster said, he is BIG's father. He also fathered Ice Cube. And influenced ? like Nas. Chuck D has said in interviews he was able to update his style and stay relevant in the game after hearing the flows on South Bronx and Eric B for President. That ? is on the Mount Rushmore of MCs like it or not. He was the most versatile of the greats, the best battle rapper, the best political rapper, the best freestyler, and the best live performer. And his run was 86-97, none of the other greats ? love so much were able to do that (except LL). I aint arguing whether he's corny now or not, but his classics and influence just cant be denied. Oh, also in 93 he was at his peak of respect by fans and those young MC's mentioned, go look at The Source or Rap pages back then KRS was considered the greatest living rapper in 93 by a majority of fans and critics.
  • son of 1973
    son of 1973 Members Posts: 769
    edited November 2011
    Options
    Its become popular to hate KRS like its popular to say Nas Lost. Has nothing to do with anything concrete ? just like to single KRS out like hes the only arrogant MC ever. Its hypocrisy. Ok, I can respect a ? not liking how he rap. I can even respect ? caping for pop ass Nelly as they reason to hate the guy. But I cant respect a ? denying his contribution to the game because of those reasons. You aint a hip hop fan if you do that. You just a spectator. I never liked jay but I aint gonna deny his impact or that he has some bars. ? take they personal feelings too far to where they cant be objective....
  • king hassan
    king hassan Members Posts: 22,739 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2011
    Options
    Its become popular to hate KRS like its popular to say Nas Lost. Has nothing to do with anything concrete ? just like to single KRS out like hes the only arrogant MC ever. Its hypocrisy. Ok, I can respect a ? not liking how he rap. I can even respect ? caping for pop ass Nelly as they reason to hate the guy. But I cant respect a ? denying his contribution to the game because of those reasons. You aint a hip hop fan if you do that. You just a spectator. I never liked jay but I aint gonna deny his impact or that he has some bars. ? take they personal feelings too far to where they cant be objective....

Man, I feel you on this. KRS was that dude, yeah he became corny but I can't deny him before then. I have a majority of his albums, and if some cats just don't like him they get all in a tizzy smh. And I was'nt a Jay fan myself but I don't hate the man either, he has some songs that make me nod my head so I just can't diss him. KRS been in the game since 85, a lot of cats cant stay in the game a good 3 years. And I see you got that Schooly D in your avi *dapz*
  • Kwan Dai
    Kwan Dai Members Posts: 6,929 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2011
    Options

You put it down homie.

And I will echo your sentiment of KRS-1 being the most versatile of the greats. KRS had styles and subject matter for days. While, G-Rap, Rakim, and Kane were great at what they did KRS just had more ways in which package what they were doing.

Hell, KRS was the first I have heard to Rap and Chat on record. Which, the likes of BCC, BushBabies, and mos def incorporated into their own flows and music. And they are all BK cats.
  • Kwan Dai
    Kwan Dai Members Posts: 6,929 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2011
    Options
    Man, I feel you on this. KRS was that dude, yeah he became corny but I can't deny him before then. I have a majority of his albums, and if some cats just don't like him they get all in a tizzy smh. And I was'nt a Jay fan myself but I don't hate the man either, he has some songs that make me nod my head so I just can't diss him. KRS been in the game since 85, a lot of cats cant stay in the game a good 3 years. And I see you got that Schooly D in your avi *dapz*

KRS been in the game since 85 but was involved in HIP HOP since the late 70's. He was chilling at the park jams listening to herc, and Bam spin. Dude has been around Hip Hop since damn near it's birth. People tend to forget that Hip Hop was alive and striving before anyone even thought about pressing a record.