2 years since Untitled dropped...Iz it Classic..

Options

Comments

• shootemwon
    shootemwon Members Posts: 4,635 ✭✭
    edited December 2010
    Options
    I do wanna add though, that Nas becoming a corny wannabe (socially conscious rapper/controversial subversive rebel) really reminds me of Tupac near the end. I know Nas loves Tupac (even though Pac came to New York and sonned him) so I thought Pac might be his inspiration here.

What I'm talking about is how Tupac supposedly read Machiavelli's The Prince while he was in jail (if he did read it, I'm convinced he did not understand it at all), and was transformed into "Makaveli" whose super-profound and cryptic lyrics would expose the reality about "the system" and bring truth to the people. Then Pac got clapped and when the album came out, it was just another Pac album about thuglife, ? hos, and Hennessy. At least for Tupac, he had already been murdered, so no one really called him out for making up a new persona based on a book he pretended to read and then just dropping a bunch of songs with the same generic lyrics.

I don't know how Nas will see his way out of this one. No one wants to ? Nas.

Nas lost.
  • CJ
    CJ Members Posts: 15,312 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2010
    Options
    Classic

nas won
  • buttuh_b
    buttuh_b Members Posts: 13,544 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2010
    Options
    Can we all at least agree that the Eagles are gonna get this dub tomorrow?

*non-bandwagon, been a fan since 2000 post*
  • CJ
    edited December 2010
    Options
    buttuh_b wrote: »
    Can we all at least agree that the Eagles are gonna get this dub tomorrow?

*non-bandwagon, been a fan since 2000 post*

my ? ...........nh
  • shootemwon
    edited December 2010
    Options
    Seriously, I just listened to that Sly Fox track again to make sure it was the one I was thinking of. Classic Nas failing horribly at being socially relevant.

He's spends half the track vaguely implying that FOX and all other major media/broadcast entities in the world have concocted some evil conspiracy to deceive the masses, then promptly starts ? about how Bill O'Reilly thinks his lyrics are too violent.

Of course! The entire world is conspiring to destroy Nas, by having cable hosts complain about his lyrical content.

As Nas points out, "What about ? Bill?"

Nas lost
  • VulcanRaven
    VulcanRaven Members Posts: 18,859 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2010
    Options
    Nas and classic aint mix since It Was Written.
  • shootemwon
    edited December 2010
    Options
    And yes, the Eagles will not lose between now and the start of preseason.
  • CJ
    edited December 2010
    Options
    shootemwon wrote: »
    And yes, the Eagles will not lose between now and the start of preseason.

? everything else you was saying but c/s this^^^
  • shootemwon
    edited December 2010
    Options
    cj012890 wrote: »
    ? everything else you was saying but c/s this^^^

The Eagles are clearly more important than anything else being discussed on the IC right now.
  • buttuh_b
    buttuh_b Members Posts: 13,544 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2010
    Options

This ? has classic written all over it... I remember when I first popped this ? in my car I couldn't get past Queens Get The Money and this...

I don't see how people think HHID is better than Untitled. Its a good album but I wasn't feeling the overall vibe of it. I appreciate tracks like "Who Killed It" but thats not really my cup of tea. Esco spazzed on Money Over ? , Can't ? Me, Play On Playa, etc.. ? like Still Dreaming and Blunt Ashes were eerie as ? though. Damn this dude Nas really only makes raw albums.. I really like every last one of them. I just play Untitled a lot more than HHID. I play Street's Disciple more than Hip Hop is Dead... IMO thats Nas most underrated album that gets unwarranted hate. War, Nazareth Savage, Reason, Remember The Times, shiiit Street's Disciple (song) are ? raw.
  • Mumo X
    Mumo X Banned Users Posts: 4,521 ✭✭
    edited December 2010
    Options
    @ shitemwon, you do realise that no one is payin you no mind, right? Get yo white ? outta this thread.
  • CJ
    edited December 2010
    Options
    shootemwon wrote: »
    The Eagles are clearly more important than anything else being discussed on the IC right now.

damn 2 c/s's in 2 post
  • Mumo X
    Mumo X Banned Users Posts: 4,521 ✭✭
    edited December 2010
    Options
    buttuh_b wrote: »

This ? has classic written all over it... I remember when I first popped this ? in my car I couldn't get past Queens Get The Money and this...

I don't see how people think HHID is better than Untitled. Its a good album but I wasn't feeling the overall vibe of it. I appreciate tracks like "Who Killed It" but thats not really my cup of tea. Esco spazzed on Money Over ? , Can't ? Me, Play On Playa, etc.. ? like Still Dreaming and Blunt Ashes were eerie as ? though. Damn this dude Nas really only makes raw albums.. I really like every last one of them. I just play Untitled a lot more than HHID. I play Street's Disciple more than Hip Hop is Dead... IMO thats Nas most underrated album that gets unwarranted hate. War, Nazareth Savage, Reason, Remember The Times, shiiit Street's Disciple (song) are ? raw.

'War' is an underrated Nas classic
  • shootemwon
    edited December 2010
    Options
    Mumo X wrote: »
    @ shitemwon, you do realise that no one is payin you no mind, right? Get yo white ? outta this thread.

I just got 2 consecutive cosigns in 2 posts. You're just bitter.
  • Disciplined InSight
    Disciplined InSight Members Posts: 13,478 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2010
    Options
    Untitled is a great album but not yet classic status..it's still too early to tell...

But "Queens Get The Money" is one of the best intros I've heard from Nas.
  • georgia boi
    georgia boi Members Posts: 3,359 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2010
    Options
    It's still a 4/5 mic album to me. I haven't listened to it in a while, but it had some joints on it. Lyrically, it's one of his best efforts.
  • General_Patton
    General_Patton Members Posts: 203
    edited December 2010
    Options
    throw Be a ****** Too on it and I might agree
  • Legend24
    Legend24 Members Posts: 689 ✭✭
    edited December 2010
    Options
    Not a classic album but America is/will be a classic track when that album is looked back upon.
  • __illmaticz
    __illmaticz Members Posts: 187
    edited December 2010
    Options
    Mumo X wrote: »
    'War' is an underrated Nas classic

that track is so smooth.
  • choppa_style
    choppa_style Members Posts: 2,553 ✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2010
    Options
    No you need classic beats as well as rhymes. Most of the beats on Untitles are terrible.

Hero
    Sly Fox
    Y'all My ?

Are the only hot beats. And HHID is better because it has better beats.
  • __illmaticz
    __illmaticz Members Posts: 187
    edited December 2010
    Options
    But it's worse lyrically. it's a tie between between that and nastradamus for his weakest album to me.
  • shootemwon
    edited December 2010
    Options
    I dunno why no one else will acknowledge that every time Nas tries to record a "socially conscious" track, his execution is terrible and he usually ends up making a fool of himself.

It's not hate, I like Nas and I like socially conscious hip hop, but socially conscious hip hop made by Nas is horrible.
  • JYo79
    JYo79 Members Posts: 301 ✭✭✭
    edited December 2010
    Options
    To me it is a great album borderline classic but if he would've mixed in a couple of unreleased tracks it would've been an Universal Hip-Hop Classic especially if this was the track list

Untitled
    1.Ni**er Haterd/Queens Get The Money
    2.You Can't Stop Us Now
    3.What It Is
    4.Hero
    5.America
    6.Middle Finger
    7.Be A Ni**a Too
    8.The Fear
    9.Sly Fox
    10.Testify
    11.Louis Farrakhan
    12.Project Roach
    13.Fried Chicken
    14.Y'all My ?
    15.N.I.G.G.E.R(The Slave and the Master)(with his speech from the end of were not alone added to this at the end)
    16.Black President
    17.We Make The World Go Round(Bonus Track)- which isn't a bad song just doesn't fit on the album where it's placed at but add it here and it fit's perfect kind of like a celebration type song
  • The_Man
    The_Man Members Posts: 2,718 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2010
    Options
    As a white man i dont wanna hear some racist black man talk aload of ? about how whitey did this and did that to his race, because i never did anything lol..I have never actually listened to it would you say its an album for a black person or could i take somthing from it?
  • bignorm73
    bignorm73 Banned Users Posts: 5,031 ✭✭✭
    edited December 2010
    Options
    Untitled is a classic.