Options

Comments

• Mumo X
    Mumo X Banned Users Posts: 4,521 ✭✭
    edited November 2011
    Options
    Magic>>>>>>>Kobe

When I think of the lakers I see magic johnson

Magic Johnson was an all around player who impacted da game more than scoring and led the lakers to 9 finals and has 5 titles and 3 finals mvp's and 3 league mvp's

Magic has played 3 full less seasons than kobe and still has more rebounds,assists and steals just shows how he da best

Kobe is just a scorer

This brother knows his basketball.

Magic spent all his career as a Laker and when it comes to GOAT Lists dudes usually have him as top 5 that ever did it -- so how the hell can fools in here say dumb ? like Kobe is better than Magic? yall forget a rookie Magic carried Lakers to a chip when kareem sprained his ankle.....

would Kobe had done that if shaq got injured in any finals game of that 3 peat era?
  • blu197
    blu197 Members Posts: 6,785 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2011
    Options
    Mumo X wrote: »
    This brother knows his basketball.

Magic spent all his career as a Laker and when it comes to GOAT Lists dudes usually have him as top 5 that ever did it -- so how the hell can fools in here say dumb ? like Kobe is better than Magic? yall forget a rookie Magic carried Lakers to a chip when kareem sprained his ankle.....

would Kobe had done that if shaq got injured in any finals game of that 3 peat era?

So we just gon forget......[video]http://m.youtube.com/index?desktop_uri=/&gl=US#/watch?v=C7Lp5aQq4zI[/video]

When dat ? shaq was foulin out who was carryin dem ?
  • zay_24
    zay_24 Members Posts: 1,002 ✭✭✭
    edited November 2011
    Options
    Kobe is a better:
    Shooter
    Scorer
    Defender
    Leader
    Clutch shooter
    etc.. than magic, arguably a better passer, Kobe is better
  • Mumo X
    edited November 2011
    Options
    blu197 wrote: »
    So we just gon forget......[video]http://m.youtube.com/index?desktop_uri=/&gl=US#/watch?v=C7Lp5aQq4zI[/video]

When dat ? shaq was foulin out who was carryin dem ?

What u sayin Son? This Kobe obssesion has gone too far.

Magic put one of the greatest shows if not the greatest in one of the GOAT NBA Finals in the history of the game. A Rookie, i mean a Rookie carrying a Lakers team to a Championship --- Magic numbers wuz 42 points 15 rebounds 7 assists & 3 steals.....Plus he played Center,Forward,Guard at different times during the game.

Kobe's numbers wuz 28 points 5 assists and 4 rebounds 1 steal 2 blocks

Now you tell me, who put up the best performance????
  • Mdizzle9000
    Mdizzle9000 Members, Writer Posts: 8,319 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2011
    Options
    do you think shaq has a case for greatest laker?
  • blu197
    edited November 2011
    Options
    What u sayin Son? This Kobe obssesion has gone too far.

Magic put one of the greatest shows if not the greatest in one of the GOAT NBA Finals in the history of the game. A Rookie, i mean a Rookie carrying a Lakers team to a Championship --- Magic numbers wuz 42 points 15 rebounds 7 assists & 3 steals.....Plus he played Center,Forward,Guard at different times during the game.

Kobe's numbers wuz 28 points 5 assists and 4 rebounds 1 steal 2 blocks

Now you tell me, who put up the best performance????

Yes magic scored more but kobes 28 had just as big a impact he had 22 second half points and the gamewining lay up and kobe was probly the same age as rookie magic cause he did come out of highschool
  • Mumo X
    edited November 2011
    Options
    zay_24 wrote: »
    Kobe is a better:
    Shooter
    Scorer
    Defender
    Leader
    Clutch shooter
    etc.. than magic, arguably a better passer, Kobe is better

Magic has 3 regular season NBA MVPs. Thats a remarkable achievement considering MJ wuz beastin, kareem, hakeem, bird, sir charles wuz ballin lights out in da league......He dominated in the toughest era

and lets not forget 3 Finals MVP

Kobe betters Magic in scoring and lets say defense (though i think he an overrated defender -- thats jus my opinion) but Magic ? on kobe when it comes to everything else..... Bball IQ,Dime Dishing, Rebounding and elevates the play of his teammates.....

And lets not forget his 138 career triple double, 9 seasons averaging a double double, 2 steals title and 4 dimes title
  • _Goldie_
    _Goldie_ Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 30,349 Regulator
    edited November 2011
    Options
    IDK wtf da debate is about. Magic already said Kobe was da greatest a long time ago,and now Shaq has. Kareem still tight about now gettin his statue ,so u know he's not gonna say it. Kobe's not even done playin and has a statue. Dis ? isnt even debatable.
  • Mumo X
    edited November 2011
    Options
    do you think shaq has a case for greatest laker?

Yep!!!

IMO him, Kareem and Kobe are tied for 2nd place behind Magic as the best laker. i lol when dudes in here try to downplay shaq's impact on that 3 peat Laker team -- i remember i never seen such a dominant beast in my lifetime. 3 Finals MVP, 1 Regualr Season MVP....

If not for Shaq, Kobe woulda been havin 2 chips --- Give Shaq T-Mac, Vince, Iverson during the 00s Shaq Lakers woulda won those 3
    blu197 wrote: »
    Yes magic scored more but kobes 28 had just as big a impact he had 22 second half points and the gamewining lay up and kobe was probly the same age as rookie magic cause he did come out of highschool

kobe wuz a year older but thats besides the point. I like the fact that you ignoring Magic wuz dominant in that game while playin all the positions....center,guard,forward. Magic had to do without kareem in the entire game while its clear that shaq logged in 47 mins -- yeah he fouled out with jus minutes to play but he still had 36 points and 21 rebounds (not sure tho) ...Shaq kept the game close and that benefitted Kobe's takeover.

tell me, do you think that a Kobe led lakers woulda won that game without shaq playin????? be honest
  • blu197
    edited November 2011
    Options
    IDK wtf da debate is about. Magic already said Kobe was da greatest a long time ago,and now Shaq has. Kareem still tight about now gettin his statue ,so u know he's not gonna say it. Kobe's not even done playin and has a statue. Dis ? isnt even debatable.

Realest post in dis ?
  • Mumo X
    edited November 2011
    Options

Rakim said Eminem is the muhammad ali of hiphop -- should we hiphop fans cosign that cuz it came out from tha mouth of da ? emcee?
  • Breezy_Kilroy
    Breezy_Kilroy Members Posts: 10,500 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2011
    Options
    I swear people fail to realize that Shaq was big as ? and could not be contained. if he didn't dominate off size alone then the Lakers as an organization failed. its so stupid to me when people say "Shaq was the most dominate and Kobe was just a sidekick" really??? if i had a 7'1 300+lbs center to throw the ball to then ill be a damn sidekick.
    Kobe held is own to have someone as dominate as Shaq in the paint. it was equal considering Shaq was not to be fcked with in his prime.
    They all said it Kobe = Greatest Laker
  • _Goldie_
    edited November 2011
    Options
    Rakim said Eminem is the muhammad ali of hiphop -- should we hiphop fans cosign that cuz it came out from tha mouth of da ? emcee?

I think u just answered ur own question. Mfs debate about who's better Nas or Jay everyday on here. If today Jay-z says in an interview "Nas is da greatest Mc of alltime" ,are u still gonna say Jay-z is better than Nas? The debate dies after something like dat is said.
  • blu197
    edited November 2011
    Options
    J-Breezy wrote: »
    I swear people fail to realize that Shaq was big as ? and could not be contained. if he didn't dominate off size alone then the Lakers as an organization failed. its so stupid to me when people say "Shaq was the most dominate and Kobe was just a sidekick" really??? if i had a 7'1 300+lbs center to throw the ball to then ill be a damn sidekick.
    Kobe held is own to have someone as dominate as Shaq in the paint. it was equal considering Shaq was not to be fcked with in his prime.
    They all said it Kobe = Greatest Laker

Dat ? mumo livin in the past jus cause he from this era he aint better than magic when every laker great has said it and if kobe wins 2 more idc what anyone say you can argue that he is da GOAT
  • KeepOnPushing
    KeepOnPushing Members Posts: 17,569 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2011
    Options
    ROfl ? said "Not even debatable"

SMH
  • ghost!
    ghost! Members Posts: 7,370 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2011
    Options
    Ier30 wrote: »
    Magic>>>>>>>>>>

that's all that needs to be said. Best point guard of all time!
  • ghost!
    ghost! Members Posts: 7,370 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2011
    Options
    Magic and kareem played on 5 lakers title teams

Magic 3 finals mvp's and 3 league mvp's in that span

Kareem 1 finals mvp 1 league mvp

Kobe and shaq 3 titles

Shaq 1 league mvp 3 finals mvp's

Kobe 0 and 0

C's and lakers all had multiple players do it in the 80's but kobe has not one

Things like that make kobe fans irate

Truth always hurt

dont forget to add Magic winning a title at the center pos. as a rook. Now that bball is back, glad to see u posting again fam.
  • Focal Point
    Focal Point Members Posts: 16,307 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2011
    Options
    zay_24 wrote: »
    Kobe is a better:
    Shooter
    Scorer
    Defender
    Leader
    Clutch shooter
    etc.. than magic, arguably a better passer
    , Kobe is better

son.......................
  • _Goldie_
    edited November 2011
    Options

Kobe and shaq 3 titles

Kobe 0 and 0

Truth always hurt

DId dis ? just say Kobe has never been league mvp or finals mvp?
  • KeepOnPushing
    edited November 2011
    Options

Kobe and shaq 3 titles

Kobe 0 and 0

Truth always hurt

??????????????????????

Edit : nvm u talkin bout during the 3 year title run span, i was bout to say wtf
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Legend in Two Sports Posts: 8,496 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2011
    Options
    If you knew how to read then you would of understood what i said

Magic played with kareem and won titles and league/finals mvp's

Kobe played with shaq and had zero

Im not talkin about the gasol lakers kobe obviously is the leader of that team

He was a sidekick wit shaq magic was the leader wit kareem

your saying kobe won no final mvp's or league mvp's when he teamed with shaq I get that ....

still does't take away from what he has accomplished as the head wolf and if u ask me he's surpassed every laker great u gotta look at this logically and throw them emotions to the side for a minute ....
  • KeepOnPushing
    edited November 2011
    Options
    What i dont understand is why do ya'll folks make it seem like Kobe was scoring 7ppg or something during the title run , like he had no input on the games at all

i understand if ya'll just dont like the ? for whatever reason cuz he may be a goofy ass lame and tries to hard , but ya'll hardly respect his game at all

"all he does is score" ...he's a damn shooting guard Lol , u want him to average 12 assist a game? his job is to put the ball through the basket, of Course some1 like Magic Johnson is a better passer he's PG his job is to get everyone else involved ...and for majority of his career he played great defense as of late i feel like he's been slightly overrated on Defense cuz he's slowing down a bit but majority of his career he's been a offensive and defensive threat..

i swear ya'll find the weirdest ways possible to discredit the guy

i would probably still say Magic is slightly ahead of him as far as "Greatest Laker' ...but i mean if this is what guys who layed with him wanna say or see him up close everyday wanna say then so be it ..

maybe it's just a CS thing but ya'll be ? 'n on him like he was a average player
  • Darius
    Darius Members Posts: 22,649 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2011
    Options
    2011 and people are still checkin for what Shaq says? the kobe stans are gonna cosign the ? out of this but then bash shaq when he talks down about Kobe?
  • Focal Point
    Focal Point Members Posts: 16,307 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2011
    Options
    man where is that dumb things said in CheapSeats thread....
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Legend in Two Sports Posts: 8,496 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2011
    Options
    What i dont understand is why do ya'll folks make it seem like Kobe was scoring 7ppg or something during the title run , like he had no input on the games at all

i understand if ya'll just dont like the ? for whatever reason cuz he may be a goofy ass lame and tries to hard , but ya'll hardly respect his game at all

"all he does is score" ...he's a damn shooting guard Lol , u want him to average 12 assist a game? his job is to put the ball through the basket, of Course some1 like Magic Johnson is a better passer he's PG his job is to get everyone else involved ...and for majority of his career he played great defense as of late i feel like he's been slightly overrated on Defense cuz he's slowing down a bit but majority of his career he's been a offensive and defensive threat..

i swear ya'll find the weirdest ways possible to discredit the guy

i would probably still say Magic is slightly ahead of him as far as "Greatest Laker' ...but i mean if this is what guys who layed with him wanna say or see him up close everyday wanna say then so be it ..

maybe it's just a CS thing but ya'll be ? 'n on him like he was a average player

its usually the same few who try to angle and discredit kobe ....