Shaq calls kobe "the greatest laker of alltime"

Options

Comments

• Mumo X
    Mumo X Banned Users Posts: 4,521 ✭✭
    edited November 2011
    Options
    I think u just answered ur own question. Mfs debate about who's better Nas or Jay everyday on here. If today Jay-z says in an interview "Nas is da greatest Mc of alltime" ,are u still gonna say Jay-z is better than Nas? The debate dies after something like dat is said.

look kid, i remember when Magic said that ? . It wuz immediately after kobe had won his 5th chip. He wuz caught up in the moment.
    blu197 wrote: »
    Dat ? mumo livin in the past jus cause he from this era he aint better than magic when every laker great has said it and if kobe wins 2 more idc what anyone say you can argue that he is da GOAT

Magic name always comes up in the GOAT Convo. Like he top 5 on 95% of the lists out there unlike Kobe who wil never be in the top 5 discussion. Mind you Kobe wil never win another chip as the alpha dog -- the west now is Durant's conference for the next 10 years.
  • playmaker88
    playmaker88 Members Posts: 67,905 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2011
    Options
    What i dont understand is why do ya'll folks make it seem like Kobe was scoring 7ppg or something during the title run , like he had no input on the games at all

i understand if ya'll just dont like the ? for whatever reason cuz he may be a goofy ass lame and tries to hard , but ya'll hardly respect his game at all

"all he does is score" ...he's a damn shooting guard Lol , u want him to average 12 assist a game? his job is to put the ball through the basket, of Course some1 like Magic Johnson is a better passer he's PG his job is to get everyone else involved ...and for majority of his career he played great defense as of late i feel like he's been slightly overrated on Defense cuz he's slowing down a bit but majority of his career he's been a offensive and defensive threat..

i swear ya'll find the weirdest ways possible to discredit the guy

i would probably still say Magic is slightly ahead of him as far as "Greatest Laker' ...but i mean if this is what guys who layed with him wanna say or see him up close everyday wanna say then so be it ..

maybe it's just a CS thing but ya'll be ? 'n on him like he was a average player

Thread should be closed...^^^
    Yea he was on his D til 08 ..

? be like but he shots 45% he never shot 50 lol.. it make the world go round or something
  • Darius
    Darius Members Posts: 22,649 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2011
    Options
    Mumo X wrote: »
    Mind you Kobe wil never win another chip as the alpha dog -- the west now is Durant's conference for the next 10 years.

**spears thrown** @ kobe
  • dabullsss
    dabullsss Banned Users Posts: 853
    edited November 2011
    Options
    rakim ii wrote: »
    Any body with brain cells knows that Magic is the GOAT Laker

nah kid
    magic had kareem and Worthy his whole career. a total of 3 hall of famers
    magic lost 4 finals
    magic never won without Kareem who was "Shaq" to Kobe
    Kobe won 2 without Shaq
    case closed
    and kobe never had anyone close to Worthy on his team......thats would be llike a prime paul pierce next to him
  • playmaker88
    edited November 2011
    Options
    Mumo on his 2017 Durant will be the GOAT ? ..you probably have the worst sports sense ever...
  • ghost!
    ghost! Members Posts: 7,370 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2011
    Options
    I think kobe's fan seem to forget something, and this is not saying he's not a great player. But to me along with stats, an accomplishments his impact on the game has to be greater, it wasnt as great as Magic's. Nothing against him at all. He is a legend in his own right..
  • Mumo X
    edited November 2011
    Options
    What i dont understand is why do ya'll folks make it seem like Kobe was scoring 7ppg or something during the title run , like he had no input on the games at all

i understand if ya'll just dont like the ? for whatever reason cuz he may be a goofy ass lame and tries to hard , but ya'll hardly respect his game at all

"all he does is score" ...he's a damn shooting guard Lol , u want him to average 12 assist a game? his job is to put the ball through the basket, of Course some1 like Magic Johnson is a better passer he's PG his job is to get everyone else involved ...and for majority of his career he played great defense as of late i feel like he's been slightly overrated on Defense cuz he's slowing down a bit but majority of his career he's been a offensive and defensive threat..

i would probably still say Magic is slightly ahead of him as far as "Greatest Laker' ...but i mean if this is what guys who layed with him wanna say or see him up close everyday wanna say then so be it ..

maybe it's just a CS thing but ya'll be ? 'n on him like he was a average player

I'll say it like Tommy. Magic outshined Kareem in they Laker Careers but Shaq completely ? on Kobe. Takeout Shaq from the Lakers, then Kobe woulda had the same problems Vince,T-Mac & Ivy had in the early 2000. Winnin scoring titles, makin the top 10 plays regularly but barely making the playoffs.
  • Mumo X
    edited November 2011
    Options
    Mumo on his 2017 Durant will be the GOAT ? ..you probably have the worst sports sense ever...

lol @ this 40 yr old Kobe warrior -- the west is KDs conference now, and come the all star game that snitch kobe should let KD touch the rock in crunch time.
  • CJ
    CJ Members Posts: 15,312 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2011
    Options
    ghost! wrote: »
    I think kobe's fan seem to forget something, and this is not saying he's not a great player. But to me along with stats, an accomplishments his impact on the game has to be greater, it wasnt as great as Magic's. Nothing against him at all. He is a legend in his own right..
    Also kobe played more games,seasons than magic,kareem,west and any other laker

And took the most shots than any of them so of course he the all time leading scorer

By that logic brett favre the Goat right? Cuz favre has the most yards,td's etc or did he play longer than everybody else?

When kareem retired magic led the lakers to the Wcf's and nba finals

While the lakers missed the playoffs(3rd time ever) and couldnt get out the 1st round under kobes great leadership when shaq left

Makes alot of sense
  • dabullsss
    dabullsss Banned Users Posts: 853
    edited November 2011
    Options
    look kid, i remember when Magic said that ? . It wuz immediately after kobe had won his 5th chip. He wuz caught up in the moment.

Magic name always comes up in the GOAT Convo. Like he top 5 on 95% of the lists out there unlike Kobe who wil never be in the top 5 discussion. Mind you Kobe wil never win another chip as the alpha dog -- the west now is Durant's conference for the next 10 years.

? pls, Westbrook got more heart than Durant.
  • _Goldie_
    _Goldie_ Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 30,349 Regulator
    edited November 2011
    Options
    KOBE>>>>>>>>MAGIC

Dont believe me ? Ask Magic..........
  • Focal Point
    Focal Point Members Posts: 16,307 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2011
    Options
    dabull wrote: »
    nah kid
    magic had kareem and Worthy his whole career. a total of 3 hall of famers
    magic lost 4 finals
    magic never won without Kareem who was "Shaq" to Kobe
    Kobe won 2 without Shaq
    case closed
    and kobe never had anyone close to Worthy on his team......thats would be llike a prime paul pierce next to him

Are you taking Steve Worthy over Paul Gasol?
  • playmaker88
    edited November 2011
    Options
    c1up wrote: »
    Are you taking Steve Worthy over Paul Gasol?

Steve Worthy???

Aint got ? on Pau Gasol

and Mumo one of these days you will be right.. about something..
  • KeepOnPushing
    KeepOnPushing Members Posts: 17,569 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2011
    Options
    I'll say it like Tommy. Magic outshined Kareem in they Laker Careers but Shaq completely ? on Kobe. Takeout Shaq from the Lakers, then Kobe woulda had the same problems Vince,T-Mac & Ivy had in the early 2000. Winnin scoring titles, makin the top 10 plays regularly but barely making the playoffs.

What does this have to do with anything that i posted at all??

see this is ya'll problem ya'll dont even have ya'll own opinions

i said "Ya'll find weird ways to discredit Kobe " , "Magic is Slightly the greater Laker in my opinion" , " Kobe does more than just scoring"

now tell me how ya'll took that out of context and started mentioning Vince Carter and Allen Iverson....ya'll ? dont even ? read

Takeout Shaq from the Lakers, then Kobe woulda had the same problems Vince,T-Mac & Ivy had in the early 2000. .

Prime example
  • playmaker88
    edited November 2011
    Options
    Mind you Ai and Vince werent remotely the same players Kobe nor did they have the same responsibilities and hinderances.. but yah ok
  • D.D.S.
    D.D.S. Members Posts: 7,405 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2011
    Options
    gotta agree w/ kop. ppl discredit kobe like he a role player or something.
  • b*braze
    b*braze Members Posts: 8,968 ✭✭✭
    edited November 2011
    Options

i realized that a lil while ago i dont even trip on it no more...

ill put it like this... no matter how you put them in order, being 2nd-3rd best player ever of the leagues greatest franchise ever, mentioned with the likes of magic and kareem is nothing to be ashamed of. im good with that
  • nujerz84
    nujerz84 Members Posts: 15,418 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2011
    Options
    KOBE first ballot top ten player of all time but he had his fare share of ? ups.... His fans like to dismiss his performance against the Pistons he nearly single handledly shot the Lakers out the finals forcing bad shots (missing them mostly) and getting shut down by Prince... never mind that he ignored Shaq who was beasting Ben Wallace that whole series... That Finals Performance alone negates any comparsion to Jordan or Magic imo..

As far as the Lakers go its hard to put over Magic or Kareem and Shaq..
  • KeepOnPushing
    KeepOnPushing Members Posts: 17,569 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2011
    Options
    nujerz84 wrote: »
    KOBE first ballot top ten player of all time but he had his fare share of ? ups.... His fans like to dismiss his performance against the Pistons he nearly single handledly shot the Lakers out the finals forcing bad shots (missing them mostly) and getting shut down by Prince... never mind that he ignored Shaq who was beasting Ben Wallace that whole series... That Finals Performance alone negates any comparsion to Jordan or Magic imo..

I would Agree about the Pistons series i felt like he was trying to do way too damn much , dribbling in traffic constantly ..pointless fade aways , he had a lot of Wtf moments in that series.
  • playmaker88
    edited November 2011
    Options
    nujerz84 wrote: »

Good thing your opinion really doesnt matter in the scheme of tihngs.. i guess you dont know about Magics Notorious fuckups as well as MJ inability to lead his teams to great success before pippen. Will you hold this same level of critique to your contemporaries as well as teh predecessors seriously doubt it ..
  • nujerz84
    edited November 2011
    Options
    Good thing your opinion really doesnt matter in the scheme of tihngs.. i guess you dont know about Magics Notorious fuckups as well as MJ inability to lead his teams to great success before pippen. Will you hold this same level of critique to your contemporaries as well as teh predecessors seriously doubt it ..

Look at this post...smh... full of female tendancies... His fans act bitchmade just like Kobe...
  • NothingButTheTruth
    NothingButTheTruth Members Posts: 10,850 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2011
    Options
    Kareem was 32 when he went to the lakers and was 41 when he retired he was on the downside.Magic led the 80's lakers

Pau Gasol career numbers 19 ppg 9.1 rebs 3.2 apg 1.7 blocks

Gasol playoff numbers 18 ppg 10 rebs 3.3 apg 1.9 blocks

James worthy career numbers 17.6 ppg 5 rebs 3.0 apg

James worthy playoff numbers 21 ppg 5 rebs 3 apg

Stop big uppin players you never watched play Gasol is just as good if not better than worthy

Lakers have won 77% of their games and went to 3 finals since the day they acquired gasol

And the nba has the most watered down hall of fame ever gasol will be a hall of famer

Lol
  • unspoken_respect
    unspoken_respect Members Posts: 9,821 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2011
    Options
    Why has Shaq been on Kobe's ? so much the past few years?
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Legend in Two Sports Posts: 8,496 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2011
    Options
    who can count how many people are in this thread just to discredit kobe ?
  • nujerz84
    edited November 2011
    Options
    Same thing I been sayin

that was the 1st time kobe led the lakers in fga's and fg's in any finals and you saw how bad they lost

Shaq put up 34 and 11 and 36 and 20 on wallace and kobe still was hoggin while gettin shut down and shooting 36%

kobe led the lakers in scoring/shooting resulted in a 3-9 start and a nba finals debacle wit multiple blowouts

I recall Shaq scoring and yelling at the bench to get him the ball cause he was dominating.. Kobe was forcing fadeaway jump shots whole series...