Options

Comments

• A.J. Trillzynski
    A.J. Trillzynski Members Posts: 2,270 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2011
    Options
    shenco wrote: »
    He did not become a household name in America until Rush Hour

cut the ? i remember clearly how Chan got famous in America - Rumble in the Bronx was a surprise hit it was an imported low budget movie but made $32M domestically. your claim doesn't even make sense, why would they partner Chan in duel billing on a buddy cop movie with Chris Tucker (who was huge in 98 just off Money Talks, Dead Presidents, Jackie Brown and Fifth Element) if nobody knew who the hell was Jackie Chan? FOH just look at the original movie poster obviously it's marketed in a way that people know who Jackie Chan is:

rush_hour_ver3.jpg
  • freshb651
    freshb651 Members Posts: 8,240 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2011
    Options
    Keenan Ivory Wayans>>>Tyler Perry

The Batwing shooting @ The Joker>>>"Hit me" scene

Sodalicious>>>any fruit snack created afterwards

Martin Lawrence>>>Kevin Hart
  • texas409
    texas409 Members Posts: 20,854 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2011
    Options
    cool amp wrote: »
    have anybody noticed that these young is so lame that nike doesnt even bother designing cool shoes for them anymore? phil knight is like "man, fukk them young nyggas. i aint even turnin' on the tennis shoe machine for them. just go get all those old jordans and air max's from the ? era and slap some new colors on 'em. thats all them nyggas get"

you aint lying haha them nike ? havent put out nothing ground breaking since them rod woodsons lol
  • lighthearted25
    lighthearted25 Members Posts: 1,307
    edited December 2011
    Options
    90s babies missed out on some great things though.

*born in 85 and proud*
  • CoolJoe
    CoolJoe Members Posts: 6,185 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2011
    Options
    tonys. wrote: »
    so Im guessing everyone is going to ignore the fact that the year you were born in does not make a "baby of that decade".....let me give a point of reference:

80s babies = People in elementary/middle school/high school during the Regan era..

• Shizlansky
    Shizlansky Members Posts: 35,095 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2011
    Options
    90's babies most of them ? is still in HS.

Yall ? dont know ? about life yet.

Yall ? have no culture. Every 90's kid is the same no difference. Aint no indivuals in the 90's so yall lost right there. Damn shame
  • Shizlansky
    Shizlansky Members Posts: 35,095 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2011
    Options
    I was born in the 80's raised in the 90's

But the KIDS thats born in the 90's and raised in the 2000's is the worst. They all the same
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] rubbed off from friction Posts: 0 ✭✭✭
    edited December 2011
    Options
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • soul rattler
    soul rattler Members Posts: 18,852 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2011
    Options
  • garv
    garv Confirm Email Posts: 4,080 ✭✭✭
    edited December 2011
    Options
    The Jamel wrote: »
    voltron>>>>>>>>>>>>>megazord

Ultraman>>>>>>>>>>>> big bad beetle borgs

No Way.

Big Bad Beetles Borgs>>>>>>>>>>>>> Everything Else.
  • ShencotheMC
    ShencotheMC Members Posts: 26,051 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2011
    Options
    reaperbong wrote: »
    cut the ? i remember clearly how Chan got famous in America - Rumble in the Bronx was a surprise hit it was an imported low budget movie but made $32M domestically. your claim doesn't even make sense, why would they partner Chan in duel billing on a buddy cop movie with Chris Tucker (who was huge in 98 just off Money Talks, Dead Presidents, Jackie Brown and Fifth Element) if nobody knew who the hell was Jackie Chan? FOH just look at the original movie poster obviously it's marketed in a way that people know who Jackie Chan is:

rush_hour_ver3.jpg

SMH you ? are short bus ? I swear
  • R.D.
    R.D. Members Posts: 20,156 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2011
    Options
    Pre-Robin Givens Tyson (80s) "Kid Dynamite">>>>post-jail Tyson (90s)

Cosby Show>>>>Fresh Prince, Martin, Living Single

Public Enemy, NWA, Eric B. & Rakim>>>>Wu, LOX, & OutKast (LL<<<Canibus, tho. Y'all got that.)

Friday the 13th/Nightmare on Elm St>>>>ANy ? 90s horror movie series that ever dropped.

Hogan, Ultimate Warrior, Million Dollar Man, Randy Savage (Top 4 stars in WWE in the 80s)>Bret Hart, Shawn Michaels, Stone Cold, & Taker (Top stars in the 90s)

you done lost your damn mind
  • ShencotheMC
    ShencotheMC Members Posts: 26,051 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2011
    Options
    rap doctor wrote: »
    you done lost your damn mind

You didn't bold that Cosby ? either? Yo these old ? is straight senile right now
  • R.D.
    R.D. Members Posts: 20,156 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2011
    Options
    shenco wrote: »
    You didn't bold that Cosby ? either? Yo these old ? is straight senile right now

i was trying to give him one but that was bull too
  • PaperChasin
    PaperChasin Banned Users Posts: 325
    edited December 2011
    Options
    A wah da bumboclot ah gwan.. the homie Zay got.... another, triple platinum thread??? Lemme find out he running akadonkey, yo.
  • C.Melendez
    C.Melendez Members Posts: 1,250 ✭✭✭
    edited December 2011
    Options
    80's babies grew up in survival times early 90's babies get a pass too but after that everybody started getting cuddled...from the child abuse laws school rules and even sports well maybe not the knicks heats etc.....

90 babies had barney the *purple* dinosaur crooning yall to sleep with that i luv u ? smh
  • [Deleted User]
    edited December 2011
    Options
  • Kame
    Kame Members Posts: 24,246 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2011
    Options
    Wackass Voltron is not better than Megazord
    Power Rangers had much more of a cultural impact than voltron... deal with it...quit pushing voltron like it was something lol
    that is all
  • Kame
    edited December 2011
    Options
    The Jamel wrote: »
    actually having saturday morning cartoons via rabbit ears and tinfoil >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> cartoon network

early 90's grew up on antenna ears too
    you talking 95 +
  • Kame
    edited December 2011
    Options
    lol at this thread still going on though
  • [Deleted User]
    edited December 2011
    Options
  • earth two superman
    earth two superman Members Posts: 17,149 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2011
    Options
    dont agree, but hilarious thread title though, considering 90s babies worship the DL ? that were born in the 80s (wayne, drake)
  • sniperk
    sniperk Members Posts: 1,562 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2011
    Options
    The first hiphop concert I ever went to was: Public Enemy, Eric B. and Rakim, Doug E. Fresh and the Get Fresh Crew, Whodini, and L.L. Cool J (all on one bill)

I'm showing my age but I remember Nas kicking it in Toronto with King Cut from Main Source right before Illmatic blew up...

Biz Markie squashed the Queens/ South Bronx beef and got up on stage and beatboxed while KRS freestyled... I SAW THIS ? !!!

Jam Master Jay having a friendly battle with EPMD's DJ Scratch while both groups were on tour together...

Man, actually growing up in the golden era of hiphop and attending these shows was amazing.

But hey, you 90's babies have Machine Gun Kelly and Lil B so I guess it all balances out.
  • The BAPHOMET
    The BAPHOMET Members Posts: 3,601 ✭✭✭
    edited December 2011
    Options
    how the hell this thread last this long when this ? chart showed crime dropping between 95-98 when 90's babies were between 1-8 GTFOH

that would mean 80 babies made the contribution to low crime and you 90's niglets learned from the best
  • [Deleted User]
    edited December 2011
    Options