• Dupac
    Dupac Members, Writer Posts: 68,365 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2015
    Options
    nycest_1 wrote: »
    DWO wrote: »
    http://ringtv.craveonline.com/news/379901-bob-arum-on-mayweather-pacquiao-nobodys-listening-to-anybody

i promise you this guy is doing his best to sabotage the fight....i don't know why no one else sees it... the only person talking to the media instead of in a negotiation room.....if bob wasn't a part of this, the fight woulda been happened 6 years ago......i've never been more positive of nothing in my time as a fan of the sport
    lol so it has nothing to do with anyone but arum again?

pattern of behavior.....

no one else is running to the media complaining about how difficult the fight is to make but bob....

lol this is what i'm saying,
    hes complaining to the media about the fight being difficult to make so that means hes not trying to make the fight?
    what?
    this is the same ? as when the showtime rep said theres no tv deal yet so pacman couldnt have signed anything
    or when hbo said they aren't holding anything up
    its negotiating through the media, its done all the time, it doesn't sabotage the fight.
    whether or not the ? gets made at this point is hanging on a tv deal. the fighters settled their differences already.

it sounds like he's justifying not pursuing the fight in the eyes of the ? who already hates floyd to begin with.....

he would rather prefer a fight where there's not as many hands in the ? .......old people be stuck in their ways.......

in arum's own words....

"I don't want to, because if I did that fight, I would be working for such a small percentage, it's not worth it," he said.

granted that was 9 years ago.. but ever since i saw that, i never doubted his motivation in fights......pattern of behavior
  • MR.CJ
    MR.CJ Members Posts: 64,689 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    http://ringtv.craveonline.com/news/379901-bob-arum-on-mayweather-pacquiao-nobodys-listening-to-anybody

i promise you this guy is doing his best to sabotage the fight....i don't know why no one else sees it... the only person talking to the media instead of in a negotiation room.....if bob wasn't a part of this, the fight woulda been happened 6 years ago......i've never been more positive of nothing in my time as a fan of the sport

pattern of behavior.....

no one else is running to the media complaining about how difficult the fight is to make but bob....

hes complaining to the media about the fight being difficult to make so that means hes not trying to make the fight?
    what?
    this is the same ? as when the showtime rep said theres no tv deal yet so pacman couldnt have signed anything
    its negotiating through the media, its done all the time, it doesn't sabotage the fight.
    whether or not the ? gets made at this point is hanging on a tv deal. the fighters settled their differences already.

it sounds like he's justifying not pursuing the fight in the eyes of the ? who already hates floyd to begin with.....

he would rather prefer a fight where there's not as many hands in the ? .......old people be stuck in their ways.......

in arum's own words....

"I don't want to, because if I did that fight, I would be working for such a small percentage, it's not worth it," he said.

granted that was 9 years ago.. but ever since i saw that, i never doubted his motivation in fights......pattern of behavior

What fight was that?
  • D. Morgan
    D. Morgan Members Posts: 11,662 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    MR.CJ wrote: »

pattern of behavior.....

what?

in arum's own words....

What fight was that?

It was when Floyd wanted Arum to guarantee him 20Mill for the De la Hoya fight when he was still with Top Rank
  • nycest_1
    nycest_1 Members Posts: 2,731 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

pattern of behavior.....

what?

in arum's own words....

lol so now all of the sudden floyd gives a ? about public opinion? him being in the negative has made him a millionaire. and if hes that ? sensative that arum making him look scared in the media would make him call off the fight hes a ? .
    we all know thats not the case though so why act like its relevant to the negotiations
  • R.D.
    R.D. Members Posts: 20,156 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Bruh it's about Arum complaining to the public instead of just working behind the scenes

He's swaying the media and the casuals so it's easier for him to not make the fight

Make no mistake, he would rather not have this fight happen
  • Dupac
    Options
    if manny pacquiao is strictly a golden boy fighter, this fight happens in 2009/2010...easy......
  • nycest_1
    Options
    R.D. wrote: »
    Bruh it's about Arum complaining to the public instead of just working behind the scenes

He's swaying the media and the casuals so it's easier for him to not make the fight

hes complaining to the media because the fight is still undone.
    remember floyd is in the position of power, all arum can do is complain about the demands.
    we don't know the ? and the last anyone close to floyds side spoke on it they said it was the networks holding ? up.
    floyd and manny met wit koncz and the reports out of that were it went well

arum is swaying the media for the seemingly inevitable breakdown in negotiations. its his job as a promoter to save face for his fighter.
    none of anything he has said has been deal breaking or to not make the fight.
    all the ? is doing is covering his ass for if things breakdown
  • perspective@100
    perspective@100 Members Posts: 1,862 ✭✭✭✭
    Options

remember floyd is in the position of power, all arum can do is complain about the demands.
    we don't know the ? and the last anyone close to floyds side spoke on it they said it was the networks holding ? up.

arum is swaying the media for the seemingly inevitable breakdown in negotiations. its his job as a promoter to save face for his fighter.

@the bold, Tell that to Kovalev's promoter.

• BigBallsNoWorries
    BigBallsNoWorries Members Posts: 5,461 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    On my mama ? ? the Mayweather-Pacquiao fight
  • nycest_1
    Options

@the bold, Tell that to Kovalev's promoter.

She did the same ? just backfired. I dunno what the ? was thinking though
  • Elzo69Renaissance
    Elzo69Renaissance Members Posts: 50,708 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Lets just focus on the fight that are happening...March is right arpund the corner
  • buttuh_b
    buttuh_b Members Posts: 13,544 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Ain't no big fights at all in Feb but boxing gonna get dope as ? starting March. 2015 should be much better than 2014
  • Mastery
    Mastery Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 14,776 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    GGG vs Martin Murray Feb 21 on HBO.
  • Elzo69Renaissance
    Elzo69Renaissance Members Posts: 50,708 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Broner has to really impress if he really bout billions it starts now he been lackluster since he moved up in weight
  • Negro_Caesar
    Negro_Caesar Members Posts: 6,752 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Broner has to really impress if he really bout billions it starts now he been lackluster since he moved up in weight

Broner is garbage

Berto 2.0
  • KLICHE
    KLICHE Members Posts: 5,061 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2015
    Options
    Wall wrote: »
    Watching Pacquiao play guitar and watching his wife sing seems like you most def sided with a fighter lmao!

wtf LOL

You never nonchalantly view things from all over? lol
  • D. Morgan
    Options
    Peanut_205 wrote: »

Broner is garbage

Berto 2.0

That is an extreme stance to take on Broner. Broner right now vs Berto at his peak I would pick Broner to beat him.
  • Dupac
    Options
    D. Morgan wrote: »

Broner is garbage

Berto 2.0

That is an extreme stance to take on Broner. Broner right now vs Berto at his peak I would pick Broner to beat him.

i wouldn't
  • Mastery
    Options
    For ? who been paying attention, not only are issues unresolved between the networks, there are still issues unresolved between the fighters. So much for Pacquiao agreeing to all of Mayweathers terms. Lol
  • Mastery
    Options
  • Mastery
    Options
    Moonves has been the key mediator in the "complex back and forth" lol

https://mobile.twitter.com/latimespugmire/status/563164288265641985
  • Mastery
    Options
    Matthysse vs Provodnikov. Who you ? riding with?

It's WAR MATTHYSSE!!! over here
  • The Lonious Monk
    The Lonious Monk Members Posts: 26,258 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I heard on the Dan LeBatard show yesterday that Arum isn't really what's holding things up now. It's the tv deals. HBO and Showtime are having a hard time coming to an agreement on how to handle it, and contractual obligations make it so they have to get that done before anything can happen.
  • Dupac
    Options
    i would love to see hbo get the 24/7 documentary
  • D. Morgan
    Options
    D. Morgan wrote: »

Broner is garbage

Berto 2.0

i wouldn't

What has Berto shown that lead you and @Wall to think Berto wins?