The Official Boxing Thread

Options

Comments

• Rampage12
    Rampage12 Members Posts: 3,512 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    deadeye wrote: »
    Fun Fact;

If your shorts are pulled up far above your navel, it doesn't make it a low blow if you're hit......not below the belt.......but directly on the belt.

It's only a true low blow if you get hit in the nuts.

No ? , Holyfield used to have his ? pulled up damn near to his armpits back in the day. Bottom line is the one Ward hit Kovalev with in the 7th was straight in the groin and Weeks didn't even issue a warning.
  • Valentinez A. Kaiser
    Valentinez A. Kaiser Members Posts: 9,028 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • Valentinez A. Kaiser
    Options
  • playmaker88
    playmaker88 Members Posts: 67,905 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    ? had front row seats to the low blow.. smh
  • (ob)Scene
    (ob)Scene Members Posts: 4,729 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Any complaints about low blows are Kovalev's own fault for two reasons.

1. He got caught turning his back, complaining and crying wolf, a few minutes prior, about shots that were CLEARLY on the belt and legal.

2. If he were truly bothered he should have taken a knee instead of lowering his head to a point that not only made any body shot on/above the belt (and avoiding the groin) impossible but also made it impossible to see the where those body punches were landing.

Because it isn't as if even on of those fouls were intentional. A smart fighter takes a knee in that position. Kovalev was either too prideful or too dumb to realize it in that situation.
  • Rampage12
    Rampage12 Members Posts: 3,512 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    (ob)Scene wrote: »
    Any complaints about low blows are Kovalev's own fault for two reasons.

1. He got caught turning his back, complaining and crying wolf, a few minutes prior, about shots that were CLEARLY on the belt and legal.

2. If he were truly bothered he should have taken a knee instead of lowering his head to a point that not only made any body shot on/above the belt (and avoiding the groin) impossible but also made it impossible to see the where those body punches were landing.

Because it isn't as if even on of those fouls were intentional. A smart fighter takes a knee in that position. Kovalev was either too prideful or too dumb to realize it in that situation.

Uhh, if your talking about the low blow in the 7th Round that Kovalev complained about and Weeks did nothing about...it was clearly below the belt on replay.
  • aneed123
    aneed123 Members Posts: 23,763 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Fans aren't consistent when it comes to who they want warnings for.. Hatton can foul all night Porter can cave man foul all night.kovalev can hit ward behind the head all night but oh ward should a been warned for low blows? I remember mares beating agbekos nuts like a drum and zab getting nut shotted by cotto. Just shows how perspectives change. I'm just happy the racist bully got his just due. ? him and duva
  • playboy buddy rose
    playboy buddy rose Members Posts: 2,844 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Kathy was in wwe heel mode at tha press conference
  • Valentinez A. Kaiser
    Options

Kathy was in wwe heel mode at tha press conference

Roc Nation Pres said she was in "survival mode" and a "sore loser" lol

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z-7dnTYlGxY
  • dwade206
    dwade206 Members Posts: 11,558 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    mdot wrote: »
    ethos wrote: »
    ethos wrote: »
    @playmaker88 ko is the kicker? As in double for ko .Don't see you online that much but speak brother!!

The time is near for you to line me for 2 packs of cigs lmao

Yea we can double it ..get ya hand out my pocket!

giphy.gif

I'm heartbroken, but.....oh well, lmao
  • buttuh_b
    buttuh_b Members Posts: 13,544 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Beautiful body work.. Sergey got outclassed. Ward really went up to light heavy and beat the best in the division twice. ? legend
  • Mastery
    Mastery Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 14,776 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    buttuh_b wrote: »
    Beautiful body work.. Sergey got outclassed. Ward really went up to light heavy and beat the best in the division twice. ? legend

Kovalev ain't the best but yeah, Ward beat who was perceived to be the best. Now watch him vacate instead of fighting his mandatory, Beterbiev.

Beterbiev fights in the eliminator July 29. He will win and become Ward's mandatory but I know Ward won't fight him. Too much risk, not enough reward.

Still waiting for one of the "top dogs" to fight my guy haha. He in the same boat as Rigondeaux and Lomachencko - a vast amateur background.
  • d.green
    d.green Members Posts: 12,051 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2017
    Options
  • buttuh_b
    buttuh_b Members Posts: 13,544 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Mastery wrote: »

Kovalev ain't the best but yeah, Ward beat who was perceived to be the best. Now watch him vacate instead of fighting his mandatory, Beterbiev.

Beterbiev fights in the eliminator July 29. He will win and become Ward's mandatory but I know Ward won't fight him. Too much risk, not enough reward.

Still waiting for one of the "top dogs" to fight my guy haha. He in the same boat as Rigondeaux and Lomachencko - a vast amateur background.

Word, I remember when he first went pro. You don't think if he builds his name up a lil more Ward would take the fight? Really wouldn't make sense to move back down to 168 and there aren't really any huge names at 175.
  • Mastery
    Options

Word, I remember when he first went pro. You don't think if he builds his name up a lil more Ward would take the fight? Really wouldn't make sense to move back down to 168 and there aren't really any huge names at 175.

I honestly see the top dogs at 175 staying away from Beterbiev haha. That's just my opinion though.
  • Negro_Caesar
    Negro_Caesar Members Posts: 6,752 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Ward gives ur boy that work too
  • Mastery
    Options
    ? _Caesar wrote: »

Ward gives ur boy that work too

I doubt it but I guess we'll never know. Beterbiev would smash Kovalev.
  • aneed123
    aneed123 Members Posts: 23,763 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Adonis would smash kovalev 2
  • Negro_Caesar
    Negro_Caesar Members Posts: 6,752 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    aneed123 wrote: »

Negative
  • Mastery
    Options
    aneed123 wrote: »

Adonis would rather fight nobodies bruh haha

Since he KO'd Dawson 4 years ago, he ain't did ? . He did fight Cloud right after but took 7 rounds to get Cloud out of there by corner stoppage. Beterbiev got him out of there in 2 rounds in only his 6th fight as a pro.

I'm convinced, all that fool do is talk. Stevenson ain't trying to fight no one. 4 years bruh... He ain't fought no one. Beterbiev would smash this fool face in.