The Official Boxing Thread

Options

Comments

• aneed123
    aneed123 Members Posts: 23,763 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2017
    Options
    Mr.LV wrote: »
    Floyd fought like Joshua Clottey in this fight.

He walk all south paws like that. He walked zab down walked shamba Mitchell down walked Corley down and manny...
  • 2stepz_ahead
    2stepz_ahead Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 32,324 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

? got the ? on black Friday too...lol

now he gotta pay retail....lol
  • IamNumberOne
    IamNumberOne Members Posts: 4,115 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    He has no power with boxing gloves lol placed a bet with a coworker Mayweather would win...going to go in to work tomorrow like "YO!" Lol
  • aneed123
    aneed123 Members Posts: 23,763 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    MallyG wrote: »
    I'm not really sure what the people bashing McGregor's performance expected. Yes Floyd rope-a-doped him, but Conor did the only thing he could. Y'all ? really think he had a shot at defeating a strategy that far more seasoned boxers couldn't? His best shot was to go all out, try to land some good shots, and hope his power was enough. He actually landed the shots. He just didn't have the power. At the end of the day, a fighter with no pro experience going 5 rounds with a GOAT contender is impressive even if the result was completely forseeable.

Connor did good for himself. Score was actually pretty close when he was TKO'd. It was a win-win for both fighters, which is why they agreed to it. Mayweather gets his 50th win, and faced a far subpar opponent. Connor had no business even going 10 rounds and got more money in one night than he would ever win in an entire MMA career.

Don't get it phucked up, May let it go to 10. He didn't respect his skills or power and let Connor think (and some unknowledgeable boxing fans think) he actually was doing something. He gave boxing and UFC fans (casuals and intellectual) a show and their moneys worth by extending the match. He was up by @ least 3 rounds anyway all while toying w/ him.

This ? chess not checkers.

I don't really agree with this. People are acting like Floyd could have ended the fight at any time, but that doesn't make sense. He basically relied on Conor tiring himself out to win, so what proof is there that he could have knocked Conor out at any time. People are kinda ignoring that Floyd fought a pretty aggressive fight by his standards. He wasn't just sitting back and letting Conor punch himself out. He took it to Conor throughout the fight. He was getting the better of Conor in those exchanges but Conor wasn't in any danger.

Homie u dont know boxing.. is it a coincidence soon a Conner got tired right hand fight over lol... it was like the rope a dope
  • farris2k1
    farris2k1 Members Posts: 1,937 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    farris2k1 wrote: »
    Tbh if Conor is business savy enough

Which he seems to be at least

If he goes back to the UFC, he needs to renegotiate his contract ASAP

He is the face of MMA

He has charisma, humourous and he dont give a ?

The white MMA version of Mayweather

He should look Dana in the eye, buy himself out his contract

And say im not signing another contract till i sit down with you and the other bosses

Then do a deal from now on under his promo company with the UFC

That way instead of taking home that 3 milli he used to get

It will be like 20-30 guaranteed

Probley way easier said than done, ronda rousey had all that and was way bigger than conor is atm plus she had crossover appeal like crazy so if she wasnt able to do that then i doubt conor would dana aint bout to pay them dudes A level boxer money, besides what they gon do, leave if he wont? And go to bellator?? If you wanna be a star and make good money doing mma you pretty much have to ? wit ufc

crossover to what?
    Hollywood ? , ronda was on mad tv shows and movies and everybody knew who she was

are you serious?

that ? has no crossover appeal.

her "it" girl status is over

Well no ? considering she lost her last two bad and doesnt even fight anymore ? im not talking about NOW i clearly said WAS bigger, ? read clearly wat ppl say before commenting on ?

you musta lost ya rent money...cuz you mad at nothing

Not mad at all, i actually sports gamble as a side hustle and made some good money this weekend witout touching that fight, no value in it and only white boys and idiots who know jack ? would bet on conor anyways, im just calling u out on the wack ass ? u say like i would anyone else, any other day
  • 2stepz_ahead
    2stepz_ahead Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 32,324 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Tbh if Conor is business savy enough

Which he seems to be at least

If he goes back to the UFC, he needs to renegotiate his contract ASAP

He is the face of MMA

He has charisma, humourous and he dont give a ?

The white MMA version of Mayweather

He should look Dana in the eye, buy himself out his contract

And say im not signing another contract till i sit down with you and the other bosses

Then do a deal from now on under his promo company with the UFC

That way instead of taking home that 3 milli he used to get

It will be like 20-30 guaranteed

Probley way easier said than done, ronda rousey had all that and was way bigger than conor is atm plus she had crossover appeal like crazy so if she wasnt able to do that then i doubt conor would dana aint bout to pay them dudes A level boxer money, besides what they gon do, leave if he wont? And go to bellator?? If you wanna be a star and make good money doing mma you pretty much have to ? wit ufc

crossover to what?
    Hollywood ? , ronda was on mad tv shows and movies and everybody knew who she was

are you serious?

that ? has no crossover appeal.

her "it" girl status is over

Well no ? considering she lost her last two bad and doesnt even fight anymore ? im not talking about NOW i clearly said WAS bigger, ? read clearly wat ppl say before commenting on ?

you musta lost ya rent money...cuz you mad at nothing

Not mad at all, i actually sports gamble as a side hustle and made some good money this weekend witout touching that fight, no value in it and only white boys and idiots who know jack ? would bet on conor anyways, im just calling u out on the wack ass ? u say like i would anyone else, any other day

like I said.... mad at nothing.

but I guess you the expert.

? calm down...aint that serious.

I stand by what I said...disagree with me but relax

• gifted
    gifted Members Posts: 684 ✭✭✭
    Options
    Can't front that Rapaport rant was funny as hell but Rapaport ? ass still annoys me. Funny coming from a white boy. I hope he proclaimed that angst before the fight.
  • Will Munny
    Will Munny Members Posts: 30,199 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Olorun22 wrote: »
    Will Munny wrote: »
    Connor landed more rabbit punches than Paq tho

fixed for accuracy

Those weren't counted....
  • Rum Middleton
    Rum Middleton Members Posts: 5,265 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Michael Rappaport is funny as ?

Did we already pick him up in the Racial Draft? Mufucka been rockin wit us..
  • Will Munny
    Options
    Anyone who thinks a fighter that has a 49-0 record on the line is going to risk a loss toying with ANYONE is a ? .

Connor didn better than I thought he was gonna do, that's for damn sure. Stoppage was good, he was getting pummeled and hadn't thrown a punch in two minutes, not sure why people can't just say he had a good effort against the best boxer of all time. Yeah he talked a ton of ? but that's how fighters make money, the fans take it more personal than anyone else. It was atleast a hell of a lot more entertaining than his fight against Paq.

• Dupac
    Dupac Members, Writer Posts: 68,365 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Connor won the first two rounds. That was it
  • marc123
    marc123 Members Posts: 16,999 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Michael Rappaport is funny as ?

Did we already pick him up in the Racial Draft? Mufucka been rockin wit us..

I been rockin w/ dude since he played Remi in Higher Learning
  • R.D.
    R.D. Members Posts: 20,156 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2017
    Options
    Conor about to make close to 100m. He's not fighting again

And this was nothing like the rope a dope
  • Dupac
    Dupac Members, Writer Posts: 68,365 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    ? out here trying to give Conor props for playing right into Floyd's plans. Damn the rope a dope was like 50 years ago and yall ? still couldn't recognize it.

Floyd knew Conor was going to try to come out hot and bully him. He stood right in front of him turtled up and gave Conor something to swing at.

Had Floyd fought like he did against pac fight would've went to decision because Conor would've lost all confidence in swinging, not tired out and Floyd doesn't have enough pop to sleep a ? twice his size.

And yall would've been talking ? about how boring the fight is and cacs would've been touting it as a victory Conor to go the distance.

Floyd gave Conor something to punch at without giving him anything to hit. While also neutralizing Conor biggest weapon that straight left. I don't think I saw Conor throw it once honestly. Then walked him down and put on a heavy bag clinic once Conor's gas tank was empty and his check engine light was on.

That was a perfect game plan and perfectly executed.

This
  • marc123
    marc123 Members Posts: 16,999 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2017
    Options
    R.D. wrote: »
    Conor about to make close to 100m. He's not fighting again

this. I was thinking why tf would he fight again. that Floyd fight was basically his retirement package.....fighting floyd really is like winning the lottery.
  • DoubleShotHelix
    DoubleShotHelix Members Posts: 500 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Anyone who thinks a fighter that has a 49-0 record on the line is going to risk a loss toying with ANYONE is a ? .

Connor didn better than I thought he was gonna do, that's for damn sure. Stoppage was good, he was getting pummeled and hadn't thrown a punch in two minutes, not sure why people can't just say he had a good effort against the best boxer of all time.Yeah he talked a ton of ? but that's how fighters make money, the fans take it more personal than anyone else. It was atleast a hell of a lot more entertaining than his fight against Paq.

Because....

1. Floyd ain't the greatest boxer of all time
    2. The same reason people with any boxing knowledge don't give Rocky Marciano real credit for fighting a 146 year old Joe Louis fresh out of retirement and rock actually won.
    3. Since when is getting your face punched in for 20mins by a dude twice as old and twice as small as you a good job?
    4. Do we give the falcons credit for being up 28-3 and taking an L?
    5. Do we give the Dubs credit for going 73-9 then blowing a 3-1 lead?
    6. Did I mention Floyd isn't the goat, is 41, didn't train, got hands made of paper mache, and been retired for 2 years?

A 29 year old world champion in his prime getting out worked by a retired 41 year old arthritis ridden, illiterate bobble head so bad that he got the literal snot beat out of him and couldn't even stand up without the aid of the ropes by the end of the glorified sparring session is not a victory or anything deserving of credit, especially considering how much ? he talked. He got the lucky charms beat out of his ass.
  • Will Munny
    Options
    A 29 year old champion in an entirely different sport tho. Talk ? all you the want but he still chirped his way into 100 mil and lasted 10 rounds in a different sport.

How long you think Floyd would have lasted in the cage?
  • DoubleShotHelix
    DoubleShotHelix Members Posts: 500 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    A 29 year old champion in an entirely different sport tho. Talk ? all you the want but he still chirped his way into 100 mil and lasted 10 rounds in a different sport.

Come on now will... You starting to sound like the rest of those delusional ass mma holes.

Floyd wasn't the one talking ? and calling out Conor. So what Floyd would or would not do in the cage is irrelevant. Conor said he'd come to boxing and whoop ass not the other way around.

Such a childish and irrelevant argument.... Challenge someone to something specific then lose and say but if it was this completely different contest I would've won.

If that was the case he should've goaded Floyd into stepping into the cage instead talking his way into a boxing match.

His bank account definitely won though. We agree on that
  • Will Munny
    Options

Come on now will... You starting to sound like the rest of those delusional ass mma holes.

Floyd wasn't the one talking ? and calling out Conor. So what Floyd would or would not do in the cage is irrelevant. Conor said he'd come to boxing and whoop ass not the other way around.

Such a childish and irrelevant argument.... Challenge someone to something specific then lose and say but if it was this completely different contest I would've won.

If that was the case he should've goaded Floyd into stepping into the cage instead talking his way into a boxing match.

His bank account definitely won though. We agree on that

Floyd would never fight in the cage and I don't blame him. He's the one that makes 150 mil a fight, no reason he ever would. Connor needed to go to boxing for it to ever happen.

People said Connor would TOUCH Floyd. Connor clearly wasn't the better boxer but it wasn't like it wasn't almost slightly competitive.
  • BigBallsNoWorries
    BigBallsNoWorries Members Posts: 5,461 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    About this 100 mill that Conor is reportedly getting:

1. Conor is a foreigner, so he gets hit for taxes by the IRS and whatever tax laws he has back home
    2. Conor is not his own boss, he answers to Dana White and the others UFC owners, so however the contract was set up, they definitely getting a cut
    3. Still have to pay off his coaches, trainers and sparring partners (small percentage, but still)

Probably will end up with a net income of over $50 milli when its all said and done

Which is still not bad at all