The Official Boxing Thread

Options

Comments

• Mastery
    Mastery Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 14,776 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    aneed123 wrote: »
    ineedpussy wrote: »
    max saying the same ? about floyd that ive been saying for years but i guess it has weight if it comes out of a reputable boxing reporter like max. smmfh. i give floyd credit for playing the game but dont be calling yourself the best ever when you hand pick fights like mickey did for rock. that ? shouldnt even get into the hall of fame

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HXAkogS8NM8

Max a got damn liar and hypocrite.. he used to love floyd ... all u talking this foolishness ain't watch Floyd's wholecareer. He a hall of fame of his career at 130 and 135 alone

Bruh that ? ain't posted in here EVER until Floyd fought Connor. He mad Floyd beat his boy and now he doing whatever he can to discredit him haha

Just another salty ? mad that McGregor lost. Ignore his ? ass haha

@aneed123
  • R.D.
    R.D. Members Posts: 20,156 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    It's crazy how much boxing we ain't getting right now

Haymon done ? the game up
  • Mastery
    Mastery Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 14,776 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Two Floyd narrative that annoy me.. the he picks people at the right time narrative and the.. greatest defensive fighter.. as a backhanded compliment and not giving credit to his offensive prowess.his plus minus is ridiculous especially considering how he goes about getting it.. His offensive greatness is just as his defensive abilities

Bruh, add the "all Floyd does is run" argument haha

How is ALWAYS running yet ALWAYS landing the vast majority of the punches? Like "Oh I'm sorry I'm not going to just stand in one place and allow you to hit me." haha

@playmaker88
  • 2stepz_ahead
    2stepz_ahead Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 32,324 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • Idiopathic Joker
    Idiopathic Joker Members, Moderators Posts: 45,691 Regulator
    Options
    Maywood wrote: »
    24/7: Canelo/Golovkin Episode 1
    https://youtu.be/QrdGoqt_Wv4

What's the odds the winner dangles a big check for Floyd?
  • D. Morgan
    D. Morgan Members Posts: 11,662 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Floyd after De la Hoya has been the one who dangles the check and makes the offer.

GGG & Canelo are way too big for Floyd to fight.

• Arya Tsaddiq
    Arya Tsaddiq Members Posts: 15,334 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2017
    Options
    D. Morgan wrote: »

Floyd after De la Hoya has been the one who dangles the check and makes the offer.

Floyd already beat Canelo.

Decisively too...

Wall just said that
  • R.D.
    Options
    I hope Cotto get the winner
  • Angeles1son85
    Angeles1son85 Members Posts: 13,544 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    D. Morgan wrote: »

Floyd already beat Canelo.

Decisively too...

Wall just said that

that was oscar fault threw in canelo too young and forced the fight for the hate/mad he got for losing to floyd but floyd done stop with he might fight the winnder if triple g wins i wont be mad at him vs ward
  • Arya Tsaddiq
    Arya Tsaddiq Members Posts: 15,334 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2017
    Options
    Ward would knock quarter out of GGG bruh lol.

Ain't no good fight for GGG after Camelot worth it for him. He can give Jacobs a rematch tho.
  • aneed123
    aneed123 Members Posts: 23,763 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Mastery wrote: »
    Two Floyd narrative that annoy me.. the he picks people at the right time narrative and the.. greatest defensive fighter.. as a backhanded compliment and not giving credit to his offensive prowess.his plus minus is ridiculous especially considering how he goes about getting it.. His offensive greatness is just as his defensive abilities

How is ALWAYS running yet ALWAYS landing the vast majority of the punches? Like "Oh I'm sorry I'm not going to just stand in one place and allow you to hit me." haha

@playmaker88

the handpicked opponents narrative irks me... when early in his carerre he was avoided by the princes,tyzsus,Mosleys and Oscars or the world because he was low risk high reward... his own promoter chose Oscar over him and didnt believe in him... then when Floyd leaves promotes himself after using his own 750k to buy hismself out now everyone wanna fight him to cash out. hell no lol. then u hd middle weights andjr middles tryingto come up off a smaller fighter. Bob Arum built u 3 fighters using Floyds name as being afraid and having them fight guys Floyd beat first (Cotto/Margarito/Manny) Floyd ended up fighting 2 or the 3 cuz Margarito ended up being a cheater
  • 2stepz_ahead
    2stepz_ahead Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 32,324 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    max saying the same ? about floyd that ive been saying for years but i guess it has weight if it comes out of a reputable boxing reporter like max. smmfh. i give floyd credit for playing the game but dont be calling yourself the best ever when you hand pick fights like mickey did for rock. that ? shouldnt even get into the hall of fame

? ALL top fighters pick their opponents. This ain't the ? 40s where a mob boss rolls up and tells you that you're going to fight ? Italiano and you're going to take a dive....or else.

You think Pac wasn't picking his opponents? Dlh wasn't? Shane, Roy, Lennox ect? All those dudes have a huge say so in their opponents except when the commissions whose titles they hold give them a mandatory and even then they can choose to vacate and fight who tf they want. Especially in today's game where at a certain level you no longer need a title to valid your prowess or drawing power and the title actually benefits more from a super elite fighter holding it than the fighter does by being champ but that's another convo.

The point is all top boxers pick their opponents. Why do you think it took Floyd so long to fight Dlh and Shane? Both of them and their respective teams were ducking Pretty Boy Floyd. Shane didn't fight him until Shane was on the back side of his career because Shane the A side and one of the p4p best in the 90s and early 2000s was ducking PBF. Not because Floyd waited for Shane to get old but because Shane waited for Shane to get older and his drawing power dropped even though he was champ meanwhile Floyd's was rising.

Bob arum and Dlh wouldn't let Floyd come close to fighting Oscar til he was old and on the downside. Floyd had to threaten them and literally leave the company to get a side billing because they didn't want Floyd's star to exceed Dlh ? ass and they damn sure wasn't trying to fight. Floyd was calling both of them out when he was PBF and they both picked other fighters and ducked Floyd for years.

The legendary beloved boxer and duck artist sugar ray Leonard ducked Marvin Hagler for his whole damn career. He invented the retire so I don't have to fight a mfer strategy that people constantly accuse Floyd of. He set up the rematch with hands of stone so that Duran would be ? up and out of shape.

My favorite boxer of all time RJJ when he was the best in the world in his prime was accused to cherry picking and ducking some killers across the pond that wanted to scrap with him.

The greatest Mexican boxer of all time JCC was also the greatest cherry picker of all time. Not is that "undefeated" streak ? because he actually lost a fight early on in his career and some unsavory people "suggested" it be stricken from the record or switched to a W. But on the subject of cherry picking. This ? was well into his career I'm talk 50-60-70 fights in already a legend fighting mfers with losing records, 0-0 records, got damn bus drivers, school cafeteria ladies, any laborer looking for work down at the home depot but no one ever questions his pillow top mattress padded resume or accuses him or the other guys of cherry picking or whatever.

And there is one main reason why... Because Floyd played the game and won. He was the one fighter in history to flip the script on the powers that be behind the scenes and in the bank. And there has been an obvious concerted effort to stain that man's accomplishments, career and legacy on multiple fronts. Not to just destroy the man's legacy without cause but more so to deter other boxers from taking the money Mayweather blueprint to success. He's the one boxer in history to beat the system meant to keep him in place. He was like neo to the boxing matrix not only in the ring but just as important on the business side. He finished his career at 50-0 but the way he showed other fighters how to take control of their own careers and they was he beat the system, he should really be 51-0.

Give that man his props and stop buying into the ? that he's somehow less of a fighter for being a better smarter boxer and businessman.

I was with you up until two things

pac picks his opponents was your first fukk up...

then speaking about ? ass Roy...lighting fast taxi driver assassin
  • aneed123
    Options

? ALL top fighters pick their opponents. This ain't the ? 40s where a mob boss rolls up and tells you that you're going to fight ? Italiano and you're going to take a dive....or else.

You think Pac wasn't picking his opponents? Dlh wasn't? Shane, Roy, Lennox ect? All those dudes have a huge say so in their opponents except when the commissions whose titles they hold give them a mandatory and even then they can choose to vacate and fight who tf they want. Especially in today's game where at a certain level you no longer need a title to valid your prowess or drawing power and the title actually benefits more from a super elite fighter holding it than the fighter does by being champ but that's another convo.

The point is all top boxers pick their opponents. Why do you think it took Floyd so long to fight Dlh and Shane? Both of them and their respective teams were ducking Pretty Boy Floyd. Shane didn't fight him until Shane was on the back side of his career because Shane the A side and one of the p4p best in the 90s and early 2000s was ducking PBF. Not because Floyd waited for Shane to get old but because Shane waited for Shane to get older and his drawing power dropped even though he was champ meanwhile Floyd's was rising.

Bob arum and Dlh wouldn't let Floyd come close to fighting Oscar til he was old and on the downside. Floyd had to threaten them and literally leave the company to get a side billing because they didn't want Floyd's star to exceed Dlh ? ass and they damn sure wasn't trying to fight. Floyd was calling both of them out when he was PBF and they both picked other fighters and ducked Floyd for years.

The legendary beloved boxer and duck artist sugar ray Leonard ducked Marvin Hagler for his whole damn career. He invented the retire so I don't have to fight a mfer strategy that people constantly accuse Floyd of. He set up the rematch with hands of stone so that Duran would be ? up and out of shape.

My favorite boxer of all time RJJ when he was the best in the world in his prime was accused to cherry picking and ducking some killers across the pond that wanted to scrap with him.

The greatest Mexican boxer of all time JCC was also the greatest cherry picker of all time. Not is that "undefeated" streak ? because he actually lost a fight early on in his career and some unsavory people "suggested" it be stricken from the record or switched to a W. But on the subject of cherry picking. This ? was well into his career I'm talk 50-60-70 fights in already a legend fighting mfers with losing records, 0-0 records, got damn bus drivers, school cafeteria ladies, any laborer looking for work down at the home depot but no one ever questions his pillow top mattress padded resume or accuses him or the other guys of cherry picking or whatever.

And there is one main reason why... Because Floyd played the game and won. He was the one fighter in history to flip the script on the powers that be behind the scenes and in the bank. And there has been an obvious concerted effort to stain that man's accomplishments, career and legacy on multiple fronts. Not to just destroy the man's legacy without cause but more so to deter other boxers from taking the money Mayweather blueprint to success. He's the one boxer in history to beat the system meant to keep him in place. He was like neo to the boxing matrix not only in the ring but just as important on the business side. He finished his career at 50-0 but the way he showed other fighters how to take control of their own careers and they was he beat the system, he should really be 51-0.

Give that man his props and stop buying into the ? that he's somehow less of a fighter for being a better smarter boxer and businessman.

roy beat Virgil Hill Toney Hopkins Griffin, Gonzalez, Mccallum Tarver Pazienza Cinton Wood, Sosa Harding... all former worl champions... stop letting salty crackers use lies to spread false propaganda and u believe it.... They let all those euro fighters in Benn, Eubank and Collins stay over in the uk and fight each other and never have to move up or come to thestates to fight Roy Hopkins or Toney. Same with Darious M and Joe Calzaghe in the late 90s and early 2000s... then when they got old and faded Joe grew nutts and fought them. ? always fall for the okie doke, same ? they did to Sweet then Roy and now Floyd. WHy is it all the great black fighters who arent ? get labeled duckers? use ur brain homie
  • R.D.
    Options
    lmaooo @ ? ass Roy

Hit the showers
  • DoubleShotHelix
    DoubleShotHelix Members Posts: 500 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Fam ALL a-side fighters have a huge say so in who and when they fight.

Roy did fight a bunch of substitute teachers that was the point of me bringing him up was to illustrate that all elite fighters have that luxury in most cases.

Even fighters with bull headed mob boss ass promoters like Bob arum have major say so in who and when they fight.

It's happened before, during and will happen after Floyd.
  • The Lonious Monk
    The Lonious Monk Members Posts: 26,258 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Max a got damn liar and hypocrite.. he used to love floyd ... all u talking this foolishness ain't watch Floyd's wholecareer. He a hall of fame of his career at 130 and 135 alone

I don't like Floyd and never have. (I do respect him though) Anyone saying he doesn't deserve to be in the HoF should be banned from all all boxing discussion. Hell, they should be banned from all discussion of anything involving one human being putting hands on another human being.
  • playboy buddy rose
    playboy buddy rose Members Posts: 2,844 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

@playmaker88

the handpicked opponents narrative irks me... when early in his carerre he was avoided by the princes,tyzsus,Mosleys and Oscars or the world because he was low risk high reward... his own promoter chose Oscar over him and didnt believe in him... then when Floyd leaves promotes himself after using his own 750k to buy hismself out now everyone wanna fight him to cash out. hell no lol. then u hd middle weights andjr middles tryingto come up off a smaller fighter. Bob Arum built u 3 fighters using Floyds name as being afraid and having them fight guys Floyd beat first (Cotto/Margarito/Manny) Floyd ended up fighting 2 or the 3 cuz Margarito ended up being a cheater

Floyd ducked margarito way before it was known that margarito had loaded wraps
  • playboy buddy rose
    playboy buddy rose Members Posts: 2,844 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

@playmaker88

But ta be fair ta him he wasn't tha only one who ducked margs
  • aneed123
    edited August 2017
    Options

@playmaker88

Floyd ain't duck margarito arum tried to lock him in a 3 fight contract with that fight for like 8 mil. Floyd said ? u and unified with baldomir for more money. Same ? he tried to do with Chavez Jr and Mikey Garcia. Sheep believe the ?
  • ineedpussy
    ineedpussy Members Posts: 7,252 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Bruh that ? ain't posted in here EVER until Floyd fought Connor. He mad Floyd beat his boy and now he doing whatever he can to discredit him haha

Just another salty ? mad that McGregor lost. Ignore his ? ass haha

@aneed123

? @Mastery nobody gave a ? about connor but floyd makes it seem like he the greatest when he been hand picking fights. show me a time when floyd fought an opponent in their prime bruh? ill wait. been watching boxing since i was five ? . shut your ? ass up. you suck the ? outta floyds ? . i never had a problem with floyd until that ? said he better then ali and you know us ? from the ville aint going for that and i just had to expose this ? for you casual boxing fans. cause if you really watched boxing you would know floyd hand picks his fights so he could go 49-0. prove me wrong ? ? . you dont want these problems.
  • ineedpussy
    ineedpussy Members Posts: 7,252 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Floyd already beat Canelo and he too old and small to be fighting GGG. Plus, neither one of them has a big enough fan base to get Mayweather the kind of money he will ask for. Let that man retire in peace haha

oh but what about thurman? floyd dont want them REAL boxer problems