The Official Boxing Thread

Options

Comments

• Rum Middleton
    Rum Middleton Members Posts: 5,265 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Im watchin this Floyd fight now, funny when I said I wanna see the Floyd that fought corrales show up, ? lol'd at the post where a ? said stop watchin cartoons, but the keys to victory, "Channel the corrales" floyd

giphy.gif[img][/img]

I bet you won't post that gif in my face

giphy.gif[img][/img]
  • Rum Middleton
    Options
    Mastery wrote: »
    Antonio Margarito vs Carson Jones.

Margarito wins by 7th round technical decision (doctor stopped fight due to cut and they went to scorecards).

https://youtu.be/HSfm6znDbFs

https://www.boxing247.com/boxing-news/antonio-margarito-technical-decision/81001

Boy that thumbnail looked like it was David Haye for a second.
  • stringer bell
    stringer bell Members Posts: 26,212 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    http://www.boxingscene.com/pacquiao-i-still-want-horn-rematch-philippines--120110
    Pacquiao: I Still Want Horn Rematch, But in The Philippines!

Eight division world champion Manny Pacquiao said on Sunday he still wanted a rematch with Jeff Horn after the Filipino boxing hero pulled out of their scheduled bout in Australia later his year.

Queensland's premier, whose state government was the financial backer of a November 12 fight, announced on Friday that Pacquiao "cannot return to the ring" due to other commitments.

"It will not push through there in Australia, but we are bringing the fight here in the Philippines," Pacquiao said on radio station DZBB, adding negotiations were ongoing. "This will be good for our country's tourism."

Pacquiao, 38, had initially called for a rematch after losing his World Boxing Organization welterweight title to the 29-year-old Horn on points in a major upset in Brisbane on July 2.

Over 51,000 fans at the Suncorp Stadium were stunned when Horn pulled off a twelve round unanimous decision in what was by far his biggest career victory.

Pacquiao, who has won world titles in an unprecedented eight weight divisions, was angered by the officiating and the scoring. He had demanded an official review of the bout's scorecards but the WBO declared Horn the clear winner after a panel of five independent judges re-scored the fight.

Now in the twilight of a 22-year professional career, Pacquiao has not stopped an opponent in eight years and briefly quit boxing last year to pursue his long-held political ambitions and was elected senator. But he quickly made a successful comeback against Jessie Vargas in November, saying he still felt like a youngster.

Pacquiao has defied calls to retire for good, including from his family and celebrated Hall of Fame trainer Freddie Roach. He dismissed funding concerns about hosting the multi-million dollar fight in the Philippines.

"We have lots of friends who are supporting us including our tourism (department). The president is giving his all-out support," Pacquiao said.
  • playboy buddy rose
    playboy buddy rose Members Posts: 2,844 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    http://www.boxingscene.com/pacquiao-i-still-want-horn-rematch-philippines--120110
    Pacquiao: I Still Want Horn Rematch, But in The Philippines!

Eight division world champion Manny Pacquiao said on Sunday he still wanted a rematch with Jeff Horn after the Filipino boxing hero pulled out of their scheduled bout in Australia later his year.

Queensland's premier, whose state government was the financial backer of a November 12 fight, announced on Friday that Pacquiao "cannot return to the ring" due to other commitments.

"It will not push through there in Australia, but we are bringing the fight here in the Philippines," Pacquiao said on radio station DZBB, adding negotiations were ongoing. "This will be good for our country's tourism."

Pacquiao, 38, had initially called for a rematch after losing his World Boxing Organization welterweight title to the 29-year-old Horn on points in a major upset in Brisbane on July 2.

Over 51,000 fans at the Suncorp Stadium were stunned when Horn pulled off a twelve round unanimous decision in what was by far his biggest career victory.

Pacquiao, who has won world titles in an unprecedented eight weight divisions, was angered by the officiating and the scoring. He had demanded an official review of the bout's scorecards but the WBO declared Horn the clear winner after a panel of five independent judges re-scored the fight.

Now in the twilight of a 22-year professional career, Pacquiao has not stopped an opponent in eight years and briefly quit boxing last year to pursue his long-held political ambitions and was elected senator. But he quickly made a successful comeback against Jessie Vargas in November, saying he still felt like a youngster.

Pacquiao has defied calls to retire for good, including from his family and celebrated Hall of Fame trainer Freddie Roach. He dismissed funding concerns about hosting the multi-million dollar fight in the Philippines.

"We have lots of friends who are supporting us including our tourism (department). The president is giving his all-out support," Pacquiao said.

I think that's fair... he gave horn a title shot in his country why not return tha favor?
  • deadeye
    deadeye Members Posts: 22,884 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • illedout
    illedout Members Posts: 8,194 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    @international
    Who you like in the GGG/Canelo fight ??
  • 2stepz_ahead
    2stepz_ahead Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 32,324 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2017
    Options
    deadeye wrote: »
    wifey had me in tears when she said GGG looks like a puppet

the one from them Christmas specials.

young Cris cringle

tw202mt4bife.jpg

9vgirmpf0ng8.jpg

ja952a5w0ft8.gif

smile the same as his hairstyle an everything... LMAO!!!
  • Dupac
    Dupac Members, Writer Posts: 68,365 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Heard Canelo was walking around at 180
  • Mastery
    Mastery Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 14,776 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    JLacey wrote: »
    Has anyone picked a winner for Canelo GGG yet?

GGG. You got Canelo? If so, bet $100.

@Rum Middleton

We bet yet?

@JLacey

The only bet we got is $100 on Rigo (me) vs Loma (you).

You trying to put $100 on Canelo too? Cause I'm taking GGG.

Since this ? @JLacey avoiding the fade, who taking Canelo and if so, who willing to put that $100 up?
  • illedout
    Options
    Yo to all the real boxing fans !!

I have a question,
    do you believe it's possible for a fighter to win/knock somebody out with a lucky punch ??

I ask because I've been watching boxing for well over 20 years, and I've never seen a boxer win by a lucky punch..

The closest I think would be a "lucky" punch would be when George Foreman knocked out Michael Moorer, but I don't think that was some lucky ? ..

https://youtu.be/JxdtjsWNOWY

What past fight would you consider a win by "lucky" punch ??
  • playmaker88
    playmaker88 Members Posts: 67,905 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Aint not such thing as a lucky punch..

two types of circumstances that happen when a "lucky punch happens"

either the person that was on the receiving end of that shot made a crucial mistake to provide that opportunity or the other dude made a hole..

Froch vs Taylor

Shane vs Mayorga

Castillo vs Corrales
  • Mastery
    Options
    This.

You threw the punch with the intention of hitting someone. Ain't nothing lucky about that.
  • illedout
    Options
    This.

You threw the punch with the intention of hitting someone. Ain't nothing lucky about that.

You know how people who don't really watch boxing unless it's certain fighters ??
    (Casual fans)
    Them the main ones that say that lucky punch ? , or ? who lose say they got hit with a lucky punch..

Floyd haters were hoping McGregor catch Floyd with a lucky punch..
  • Rum Middleton
    Options
    That George Foreman ko wasnt lucky...? was slow as ? though, the left and then straight right..solid right..
  • Mastery
    Options
    illedout wrote: »
    This.

You know how people who don't really watch boxing unless it's certain fighters ??
    (Casual fans)
    Them the main ones that say that lucky punch ? , or ? who lose say they got hit with a lucky punch..

Floyd haters were hoping McGregor catch Floyd with a lucky punch..

They only say it's lucky because fighter A could be taking an ass whoopin for 11 rounds, then in the 12th catches fighter B with a well placed left hook that KO's him and the fight's over lol
  • JLacey
    JLacey Members Posts: 1,341 ✭✭✭✭
    Options

@Rum Middleton

We bet yet?

@JLacey

Since this ? @JLacey avoiding the fade, who taking Canelo and if so, who willing to put that $100 up?

Don't play me ? lol. I been watching their fights again to make sure. You'll know by fight night. Ill take another donation from you
  • Mastery
    Options

@Rum Middleton

We bet yet?

@JLacey

Don't play me ? lol. I been watching their fights again to make sure. You'll know by fight night. Ill take another donation from you

Nah, that offer left the building. Tired of you ? trying to wait until the day before or day of to make your decision. You know who fighting now. That ? ain't going to change in two weeks. Smmfh.
  • JLacey
    Options

@Rum Middleton

We bet yet?

@JLacey

Nah, that offer left the building. Tired of you ? trying to wait until the day before or day of to make your decision. You know who fighting now. That ? ain't going to change in two weeks. Smmfh.

Lol Ill take the better odds then. Not you ? though. Pretty sure we've made all our bets in advance
  • Mastery
    Options

@Rum Middleton

We bet yet?

@JLacey

Lol Ill take the better odds then. Not you ? though. Pretty sure we've made all our bets in advance

? Canelo only +125 on Bovada haha

The odds ain't THAT much better.
  • JLacey
    Options
    125 dollars beats 100 any day. And bovada can't talk ? if I lose
  • Mastery
    Options
    125 dollars beats 100 any day. And bovada can't talk ? if I lose
    a5hen9cab7fb.gif