Options

Comments

• Mrslim1
    Mrslim1 Members Posts: 2,614 ✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2017
    Options
    farris2k1 wrote: »
    Mrslim1 wrote: »
    I am going with Canelo. But if Canelo wins , does the Floyd loss 1. Be the thing that took Canelo to another level because he learned from that fight ? 2. Does that win vs Canelo actually boost Floyd resume ? And eliminate the GGG would KO mayweather crowd.
    Imo no because most ppl knew that canelo was too young at the time to ? wit floyd, we didnt expect him to get schooled the way he did but most ppl had floyd winning that fight based on experience,canelo is way better now than he was then

True . U have to realize when Floyd faught Canelo he we really past his prime. That just shows to his greatness. Most fighters by Floyd age , legends also , where getting smashed by young lions by their mid 30s
  • aneed123
    aneed123 Members Posts: 23,763 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I am going with Canelo. But if Canelo wins , does the Floyd loss 1. Be the thing that took Canelo to another level because he learned from that fight ? 2. Does that win vs Canelo actually boost Floyd resume ? And eliminate the GGG would KO mayweather crowd.

Brotha you jus made 3 solid points.

Naw I look at it that ggg is a offensive guy right there to be hit. He is nothing like Floyd so cuz canelobein mean he got better ... he just better than huh. Canelo will still struggle with the trout s laras of the world cuz of style
  • JLacey
    JLacey Members Posts: 1,341 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    JLacey wrote: »

GGG probably would knock Floyd out though. ? came in light as ? for a 154 fight. GGG would just be too big. They make weight classes for a reason

Man you don't know what the ? you're talking about

? eat a ? . I watched Maidana rock this ? . GGG would knock today's version of Floyd out
  • JLacey
    Options
    They talking a Mikey Garcia vs Cotto fight. I think Garcia beats Cotto. Even at 154
  • Mastery
    Mastery Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 14,776 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    They talking a Mikey Garcia vs Cotto fight. I think Garcia beats Cotto. Even at 154

I don't think Garcia going to go all the way up to 154. Catch weight of 147 at least. He just came up from 135.

But yeah, I think Garcia beats Cotto too.
  • JLacey
    Options
    Mastery wrote: »

I don't think Garcia going to go all the way up to 154. Catch weight of 147 at least. He just came up from 135.

But yeah, I think Garcia beats Cotto too.

I was hearing 154. I don't see Cotto coming down for anybody in his last fight
  • farris2k1
    farris2k1 Members Posts: 1,937 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2017
    Options
    D. Morgan wrote: »
    Imo no because most ppl knew that canelo was too young at the time to ? wit floyd, we didnt expect him to get schooled the way he did but most ppl had floyd winning that fight based on experience,canelo is way better now than he was then

People still running with ? excuses I see.

How was Canelo to young and lacking experience when he had 43 fights already going into the fight with Floyd. Floyd himself had 44 fights.

Name me any fighter in the world history of boxing who was still considered too young and lacking experience after 43 fights?

Canelo lost because as most people already knew Floyd was just better had absolutely nothing to do with being too young or not enough experience.

? most of those fights were against nobodys, tell me who he fought that was anywhere near floyds level at the time?? Experience period? Of course, versues elite fighters?? No
  • D. Morgan
    D. Morgan Members Posts: 11,662 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

How was Canelo to young and lacking experience when he had 43 fights already going into the fight with Floyd. Floyd himself had 44 fights.

Name me any fighter in the world history of boxing who was still considered too young and lacking experience after 43 fights?

Canelo lost because as most people already knew Floyd was just better had absolutely nothing to do with being too young or not enough experience.

? most of those fights were against nobodys, tell me who he fought that was anywhere near floyds level at the time??

More excuses.

So you still not or can't name me just one other fighter who had 43 fights and was still considering to be lacking experience and still considered too young?

• aneed123
    Options
    Canelo was the champ at 154 but now he was green? Same ? excuse they use to not give Roy Jones his full credit for beating Hopkins smh
  • DoubleShotHelix
    DoubleShotHelix Members Posts: 500 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Will goku reach super sayian? Next time on dragon ball z
  • DoubleShotHelix
    Options

? most of those fights were against nobodys, tell me who he fought that was anywhere near floyds level at the time?? Experience period? Of course, versues elite fighters?? No

? , most fighters in the history of the sport aren't anywhere near Floyd's level.

So wtf are you saying?
  • DoubleShotHelix
    Options

By that ? logic we shouldn't give Rocky Marciano or JCC any credit for their "records" because they fought a bunch of Wal mart shopping cart attendants to pad their records
  • ghost!
    ghost! Members Posts: 7,370 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    GGG beats Canelo. Thats all.
  • buttuh_b
    buttuh_b Members Posts: 13,544 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2017
    Options
    People were saying Floyd was gonna duck Canelo i'll never forget lol

and Cotto is gonna lose to Mikey
  • farris2k1
    Options

? , most fighters in the history of the sport aren't anywhere near Floyd's level.

So wtf are you saying?

Give me an elite fighter he fought? They dont have to be on floyds level, again most ppl had canelo losing because he was fighting c level fighters at most, dude was never really tested
  • farris2k1
    Options

By that ? logic we shouldn't give Rocky Marciano or JCC any credit for their "records" because they fought a bunch of Wal mart shopping cart attendants to pad their records

And some ppl dont, i never gave a ? bout that dude regardless
  • Mrslim1
    Mrslim1 Members Posts: 2,614 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Where would you guys rate Juan Manuel Marquez as all time great Mexican fighters ?
  • aneed123
    Options
    Where would you guys rate Juan Manuel Marquez as all time great Mexican fighters ?

He top 3 for me... to be real he arguably was a better fighter than chavez,Jr but didn't get the benefit of robberies
  • Idiopathic Joker
    Idiopathic Joker Members, Moderators Posts: 45,691 Regulator
    Options

He's up there with Chavez and DLH. Those 2 are revered something serious there
  • aneed123
    Options

We shouldnt... but they not black so they get passes while all time greats like Roy Jones and Floyd get their career picked apart
  • aneed123
    Options

So wtf are you saying?

Give me an elite fighter he fought? They dont have to be on floyds level, again most ppl had canelo losing because he was fighting c level fighters at most, dude was never really tested

Dog canelo resume is top 3 in boxing even with his catch weigh and ducking at times. He done fought Angelo Kirkland trout Lara cotto Floyd and now ggg..