The Official Boxing Thread

Options

Comments

• R.D.
    R.D. Members Posts: 20,156 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Canelo was definitely too green for Floyd. I don't think it discredits Floyd to say that.

Floyd straight up outclassed him. I love that fight though Floyd dominated, it felt competitive

You could see Floyd constantly beating him to the punch and outmaneuvering him. Every once in a while, Canelo would get him and make Floyd smirk

Yeah he had 43 fights but he was 23,24

At his peak I still think Floyd beats him clearly, far more competitive fight if Canelo changes his strategy but we going to far with the Floyd love to act like he faced the best version of Canelo
  • R.D.
    R.D. Members Posts: 20,156 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2017
    Options
    JLacey wrote: »
    Mrslim1 wrote: »
    I am going with Canelo. But if Canelo wins , does the Floyd loss 1. Be the thing that took Canelo to another level because he learned from that fight ? 2. Does that win vs Canelo actually boost Floyd resume ? And eliminate the GGG would KO mayweather crowd.

GGG probably would knock Floyd out though. ? came in light as ? for a 154 fight. GGG would just be too big. They make weight classes for a reason

Had Floyd faced GGG at the same time he faced Canelo, the outcome would be the same, Floyd way to smart in that ring and Floyd got too much skill for GGG to get that W, he has in his arsenal, ? that just can´t be taught and just too intelligent for them.

Like ? like this is just borderline irrational

GGG is a Silver medalist and too big. Floyd ain't the best fighter no matter how many times he says it. Floyd became the greatest matchmaker in 06
  • Rum Middleton
    Rum Middleton Members Posts: 5,265 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2017
    Options
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pE86UFB4Eko
    Erickson "The Hammer" Lubin is Ranked #1 in WBC + Will Fight Jermell Charlo in October

I like Jamal better, so im ridin wit Lubin...
  • JLacey
    JLacey Members Posts: 1,341 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Erickson "The Hammer" Lubin is Ranked #1 in WBC + Will Fight Jermell Charlo in October

Put 50 on it
  • JLacey
    JLacey Members Posts: 1,341 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I am going with Canelo. But if Canelo wins , does the Floyd loss 1. Be the thing that took Canelo to another level because he learned from that fight ? 2. Does that win vs Canelo actually boost Floyd resume ? And eliminate the GGG would KO mayweather crowd.

GGG probably would knock Floyd out though. ? came in light as ? for a 154 fight. GGG would just be too big. They make weight classes for a reason

Had Floyd faced GGG at the same time he faced Canelo, the outcome would be the same, Floyd way to smart in that ring and Floyd got too much skill for GGG to get that W, he has in his arsenal, ? that just can´t be taught and just too intelligent for them.

I'm talking about today's Floyd
  • Mastery
    Mastery Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 14,776 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

It's Jermall, ? haha
  • Mastery
    Mastery Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 14,776 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Put 50 on it

@Rum Middleton

@JLacey bet you $50 for the disrespect you've shown towards Jermall. He got $50 on Jermell, ? you gonna do about it ? ? haha
  • Rum Middleton
    Rum Middleton Members Posts: 5,265 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Mastery wrote: »

It's Jermall, ? haha

You right my ? ..
    giphy.gif[img][/img]
  • D. Morgan
    D. Morgan Members Posts: 11,662 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2017
    Options

Can't and don't agree with that ? at all.

If the ? was only based on skill I could somewhat agree but it's not. You leaving out the fact that even in the Canelo fight Floyd's best days were a few years behind him.

GGG has skills himself, cuts off the ring, real power in both hands, cuts off the ring well and most important to go along with all that a huge size difference over Floyd.

Floyd was right to never fight GGG and should never be faulted for in doing so.

• D. Morgan
    Options
    R.D. wrote: »
    Canelo was definitely too green for Floyd. I don't think it discredits Floyd to say that.

Floyd straight up outclassed him. I love that fight though Floyd dominated, it felt competitive

You could see Floyd constantly beating him to the punch and outmaneuvering him. Every once in a while, Canelo would get him and make Floyd smirk

Yeah he had 43 fights but he was 23,24

At his peak I still think Floyd beats him clearly, far more competitive fight if Canelo changes his strategy but we going to far with the Floyd love to act like he faced the best version of Canelo

Nobody said or acted like Floyd fought the best version of Canelo. I also will never say Canelo was green either.

There is a big ass difference in not being the best you and being green.

I just can't call a fighter green after 43 fights and boxing for damn near 10 years.

A person can not have hit their physical prime after 10 years but if you still green on the job after 10 years something is wrong.
  • King_MOEbra
    King_MOEbra Members Posts: 8,323 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    D. Morgan wrote: »

If the ? was only based on skill I could somewhat agree but it's not. You leaving out the fact that even in the Canelo fight Floyd's best days were a few years behind him.

GGG has skills himself, cuts off the ring, real power in both hands, cuts off the ring well and most important to go along with all that a huge size difference over Floyd.

You forgot another thing GGG does well: he cuts off the ring well.
  • D. Morgan
    Options

You sure about that? @King_MOEbra

Check the bold it was in my original post.
    635741527936866300606424347_LNJF_Glasses-thumb-500x276-27548.gif
  • King_MOEbra
    King_MOEbra Members Posts: 8,323 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

LOL It was a joke, since you said it twice.
  • D. Morgan
    Options

LOL It was a joke, since you said it twice.

Well I stand corrected
  • Elzo69Renaissance
    Elzo69Renaissance Members Posts: 50,708 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E2zIK6ktxIk

cokeboy on the breakfast club...Charlamagne is a fool lol
  • D. Morgan
    Options
  • OmegaConflict
    OmegaConflict Members Posts: 39,030 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Mastery wrote: »

It's Jermall, ? haha

Imy glad you cleared that up, had no idea who Jamal was
  • Elzo69Renaissance
    Options
    Errol Spence Jr doesnt have a promoter not sure if smart or stupid
  • D. Morgan
    Options

DLH will always be a ? and I don't mean that just cause he's cross dressing ? ? .

Gonna talk about Floyd beating women yet he paid off that underaged chick he ? near the beginning of his career.

• Elzo69Renaissance
    Options

DLH will always be a ? and I don't mean that just cause he's cross dressing ? ? .

Gonna talk about Floyd beating women yet he paid off that underaged chick he ? near the beginning of his career.

im watching this ? boy is there to promote the GGG fight and spends 80% talking bout Mayweather
  • D. Morgan
    Options

im watching this ? boy is there to promote the GGG fight and spends 80% talking bout Mayweather

Exactly and he such a ? ? and love to run his mouth he don't even realize he not even doing his ? job which is to promote the fight he got going on next week.
  • OmegaConflict
    OmegaConflict Members Posts: 39,030 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Stupid because he has a very dry and boring personality
  • Elzo69Renaissance
    Options

Stupid because he has a very dry and boring personality

this is facts
  • D. Morgan
    Options

He don't need one cause promoters today don't promote like Don King and them used to do.

Haymon does basically the same ? promoters do today. Which is shop the fighter to HBO & Showtime collect that fee and let them promote the fight on the channel in between the movies and series they show on those channels.

What is Spence career lacking not having a promoter?

He is a growing name, has a belt and getting money.