The Official IT Thread

Options

Comments

• valdez21
    valdez21 Members Posts: 159 ✭✭
    Options
    valdez21 wrote: »
    i'm about to be on hiatus from studying for a while. moving next week. once i get settled, i'm gonna look into the written again. i had it scheduled for friday but got a new job, relocating etc. i'm gonna knock that one out by the end of May. Looking at the CCIE lab by the end of the summer

Congrats man. What city are you moving to?

i appreciate that. Moving to Atl to snatch up some of the women there lol

Nice. Well, I'm still studying for my CCENT. I been finished the CBT nuggets, but I'm now downloading the trainsignal vids. Like I said, it's either the ATL or Los Angeles for me. Are they going to pay for you to move down there?

yeah theyre giving me a little relocation money. Keep studying man, it pays off.

But, if you want to get into acting, you should try to get to Cali asap. Why go to Atl?

Quick question King. I know you put ATL on your resume, how did you get them to give you relocation money then?

I put atl on the resume just to attract recruiters from here..then the first thing i told them was i live in NC. I just asked if it was provided and they worked something out to give me a stack for relo. wasnt much but it helped

Okay cool. I just got off the phone with a recruiter and told him i was in ATL lol. Oh well, trying to see what this 4 month contract looking like. What are yall rates?
  • longmeat
    longmeat Members Posts: 2,263 ✭✭✭
    Options
    @King ? I cried once I read that ? . I'm like, come on Cisco baby we been too strong for too long for you to act this way!

@Valdez I did the same thing. put my address on resume to Atlanta, then when they reached out, ask them for relocation money then reimbursed me on my first check.
  • longmeat
    Options
    @Valdez For a 4 month contract tell him your rate is 75/hr. You have your CCNP Voice right? Them ? will pay trust me, and if they say its too high, ask them what's the best they can offer and pretend like you're taking and L only accepting 60/hr lol. Always ask for more than you want, they'll always tell you what their rate is if they want you. And always negotiate if they come back with a lower rate. I hate a recruiter start at 30/hr and end up agreeing to 60/hr
  • valdez21
    edited May 2012
    Options
    longmeat wrote: »
    @Valdez For a 4 month contract tell him your rate is 75/hr. You have your CCNP Voice right? Them ? will pay trust me, and if they say its too high, ask them what's the best they can offer and pretend like you're taking and L only accepting 60/hr lol. Always ask for more than you want, they'll always tell you what their rate is if they want you. And always negotiate if they come back with a lower rate. I hate a recruiter start at 30/hr and end up agreeing to 60/hr

I got you. I just have the CCNP R&S. No wonder that ? was excited to get @ me, my rate was too low. I dont have much experience though...
  • King Erauno
    King Erauno Members Posts: 6,754 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    i'm about to be on hiatus from studying for a while. moving next week. once i get settled, i'm gonna look into the written again. i had it scheduled for friday but got a new job, relocating etc. i'm gonna knock that one out by the end of May. Looking at the CCIE lab by the end of the summer

Nice. Well, I'm still studying for my CCENT. I been finished the CBT nuggets, but I'm now downloading the trainsignal vids. Like I said, it's either the ATL or Los Angeles for me. Are they going to pay for you to move down there?

yeah theyre giving me a little relocation money. Keep studying man, it pays off.

But, if you want to get into acting, you should try to get to Cali asap. Why go to Atl?

Quick question King. I know you put ATL on your resume, how did you get them to give you relocation money then?

I put atl on the resume just to attract recruiters from here..then the first thing i told them was i live in NC. I just asked if it was provided and they worked something out to give me a stack for relo. wasnt much but it helped

Okay cool. I just got off the phone with a recruiter and told him i was in ATL lol. Oh well, trying to see what this 4 month contract looking like. What are yall rates?

my thing was that i didnt have much real world experience. Nowadays id shoot for at least 50/hr until i get my ccie. then it will shoot upwards of 150-200/hr
  • valdez21
    Options

my thing was that i didnt have much real world experience. Nowadays id shoot for at least 50/hr until i get my ccie. then it will shoot upwards of 150-200/hr

Aight i got you. that's about what i was asking for
  • longmeat
    Options

Lol this ? said 150-200/hr. Now y'all ? getting the picture! ? around and make half a mil a year off IT

Bet y'all front ass ? would still be like "yeah ima cop a used Toyota hybrid" lol
  • longmeat
    Options
    Yo king you know if there's any labs on the written?
  • Copper
    Copper Members Posts: 49,532 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Yo IT thread gawds...if I wanted to enter the field of ciso security certifications, with wich certification must I began with?
  • Copper
    Copper Members Posts: 49,532 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    never mind brohammers I found info
  • King Erauno
    Options
    Yo king you know if there's any labs on the written?

i dont think so. ? is already 100 questions. Plus the lab is after that..i dont think Cisco hated us that much to put a lab on the written exam
  • King Erauno
    Options

Lol this ? said 150-200/hr. Now y'all ? getting the picture! ? around and make half a mil a year off IT

Bet y'all front ass ? would still be like "yeah ima cop a used Toyota hybrid" lol

with that kind of bread imma cop a S600 or some type of Ferrari. or both
  • longmeat
    Options
    Man I sat down and made a list of all the configuration that the lab requires, and I'm mad depressed now lol. I didn't realize how much ? you have to master for this cert man. No wonder CCIEs make so much bread, that ? is borderline traumatizing.
    Yo IT thread gawds...if I wanted to enter the field of ciso security certifications, with wich certification must I began with?

I know you said you found it, but the path is CCNA, CCNA Security, CCNP Security, then CCIE Security. Here's a PDF from Cisco showing their certification path:

http://www.cisco.com/web/learning/employer_resources/pdfs/CiscoCareerCertPaths-PosterFinal.pdf

I had that ? hanging up on my wall at work with dates of when I would complete each track, and a crown at the top for when I smashed the CCIE. ? was mad motivational, especially when ? would walk past my desk and see my progress over the last 18 months.

• longmeat
    edited May 2012
    Options
  • King Erauno
    Options
    yeah man ? aint gonna be easy. no wonder ? get to ccnp and stop.

when i get my ccie, i'm quitting my job, that SAME day and taking a month off.
  • King Erauno
    Options
    you gonna have to get the blueprint and break that ? down, master every topic then go to the next
  • longmeat
    Options
    I looked at blueprint and it didn't seem that bad. About 90% of the ? on there I was familiar with already. But when I broke everything down by device, I realized its a whole lot more than that lab says man.

I'm still gonna for my R&S after passing the security though lmao
  • valdez21
    edited May 2012
    Options
    Studying for that CCIE R&S written at the moment. cant decide what i want to do. Been back and forth between that and CCDA. Most of the jobs im getting hit up for want me to design or build out a network.
  • John_Blazini
    John_Blazini Members Posts: 14,837 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Got my CCNA prob gonna re take my CCNP courses in when i move... but i want to get into some other ? outside of Cisco... but im not sure what yet.
  • longmeat
    Options
    @ john Congrats man
  • John_Blazini
    John_Blazini Members Posts: 14,837 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    yo thx man all the info i got form you guys helped got a 916 or some ?
  • valdez21
    Options
    yo thx man all the info i got form you guys helped got a 916 or some ?

Congrats my boy. Keep grinding, you one step closer to that IE

• spc4mack
    spc4mack Members Posts: 202 ✭✭
    Options
    Damn I'm late. They finally brought this thread back. I really missed contributing. Anyway congrats John. It always feels good knowing all that studying paid off.
  • King Erauno
    Options
    Got my CCNA prob gonna re take my CCNP courses in when i move... but i want to get into some other ? outside of Cisco... but im not sure what yet.

good ? hommie.
  • King Erauno
    Options
    I looked at blueprint and it didn't seem that bad. About 90% of the ? on there I was familiar with already. But when I broke everything down by device, I realized its a whole lot more than that lab says man.

I'm still gonna for my R&S after passing the security though lmao

yeah R&S should be easier once you get through that security joint.