The Official IT Thread

Options

Comments

• longmeat
    longmeat Members Posts: 2,263 ✭✭✭
    Options
    Son I downloaded all of their CCIE Sec videos from a file sharing site a while back. it was a couple gigs. If you need em lemme know, I'll throw em up on my FTP.

I'm like halfway through the CCIE book already. I pretty much gotta go over the VPN stuff and I'll be good.

And after I changed my resume on these sites to say I have my CCIE I've been getting hit up more than ever. They trying to play me though, nobody saying they can do 100/hr, lying ass ? smh. One dude said the best he can do is 110k. I can't cop an Audi R8 with that ? !
  • longmeat
    Options
    Spoke too soon, someone just hit me back and said they can $100/hr on C2C <:-P
  • longmeat
    Options
    Another one, $100/hr, 1099, 12-18 months in NYC. Damn I wonder if I can get $120/hr from these ? lol
  • King Erauno
    King Erauno Members Posts: 6,754 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    damn. I should have mentioned it sooner. i copped their CCIE videos around jan for a stack. its all good.

I see you going for the ? , an R8? lol...im lookin to cop an audi A5 or an S5 lol. You just got that new gig right..you get your IE, then you bouncing?

damn..120/hr. DAMN yo...lol
  • longmeat
    edited May 2012
    Options
    damn. I should have mentioned it sooner. i copped their CCIE videos around jan for a stack. its all good.

I see you going for the ? , an R8? lol...im lookin to cop an audi A5 or an S5 lol. You just got that new gig right..you get your IE, then you bouncing?

I'd more than likely get a Bentley lol. Stop fronting, you ? around and get your IE and ? wanna pay you 120/hr you ain't getting an S5, you going straight to Lambo dealership to ? on ? , and I'd be right behind you. I gotta friend whos an IT recruiter, i emailed her and asked her realistically how much I can get. I thought $100 would be pushing it but these ? is replying back like it's no problem. I don't know what ima do to be honest. I might stay there until the contract up and try to get the R&S cert too. It's about 80% the same anyway.

120/hr, that's 250k a year. Ima ? around and end up being a 1%er before my 30th birthday krs.gif
  • valdez21
    valdez21 Members Posts: 159 ✭✭
    Options
    longmeat wrote: »

I'd more than likely get a Bentley lol. Stop fronting, you ? around and get your IE and ? wanna pay you 120/hr you ain't getting an S5, you going straight to Lambo dealership to ? on ? , and I'd be right behind you. I gotta friend whos an IT recruiter, i emailed her and asked her realistically how much I can get. I thought $100 would be pushing it but these ? is replying back like it's no problem. I don't know what ima do to be honest. I might stay there until the contract up and try to get the R&S cert too. It's about 80% the same anyway.

120/hr, that's 250k a year. Ima ? around and end up being a 1%er before my 30th birthday krs.gif

LOL this ? said R8..man i was thinking A5 myself but i ? nutted on himself when i saw that new NSX in Avengers
  • longmeat
    Options
    My boy copped a drop A5, that ? is tough. Im hoping to get a drop 650 in a few months though. That's gonna be my CCIE present, I ain't buying it new though, ? that. ? I look like paying 2k a month on a damn car note.
  • valdez21
    Options
    My boy copped a drop A5, that ? is tough. Im hoping to get a drop 650 in a few months though. That's gonna be my CCIE present, I ain't buying it new though, ? that. ? I look like paying 2k a month on a damn car note.

yeah i said once i get that CCIE, im getting my hands on that GTR
  • King Erauno
    Options
    nah imma rock with a hardtop S5. Black on black..manual drive. Imma keep it lowkey since this aint my hood lol. Yeah its gonna be my present to myself as well after i smash this exam. until then imma thug it out with the old honda
  • valdez21
    Options
    nah imma rock with a hardtop S5. Black on black..manual drive. Imma keep it lowkey since this aint my hood lol. Yeah its gonna be my present to myself as well after i smash this exam. until then imma thug it out with the old honda

i feel you. Hows that new job coming? i'm missing the game right now to study. Labbing up a MPLS network in GNS3 so i can explain it on interviews
    \:D/
  • King Erauno
    Options
    valdez21 wrote: »

i feel you. Hows that new job coming? i'm missing the game right now to study. Labbing up a MPLS network in GNS3 so i can explain it on interviews

its going good. got a ? up network that has an asa in the middle of everything...and its making ? go crazy. so they brought me in to rebuild it. Gonna be a long process because the firewall has 1123 acl's and 500 object groups. CCIE that im working with said its more complicated than the actual exam.
  • longmeat
    Options

its going good. got a ? up network that has an asa in the middle of everything...and its making ? go crazy. so they brought me in to rebuild it. Gonna be a long process because the firewall has 1123 acl's and 500 object groups. CCIE that im working with said its more complicated than the actual exam.

An ASA in the middle? Who the ? designed that thing? How large is the network? Has anyone contacted Ja Jule to hear what he has to say about this?
  • longmeat
    Options

yeah i said once i get that CCIE, im getting my hands on that GTR

GTR ain't no joke
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GGuoPjT6oYw

• King Erauno
    Options

An ASA in the middle? Who the ? designed that thing? How large is the network? Has anyone contacted Ja Jule to hear what he has to say about this?

exactly..lol. this old guy designed the network years ago and we're trying to figure out his logic. So far, from what I know its pretty large, from Atl to Dallas as a DR site. Still looking at everything in between too. Its a trust bank so theres alot of ? to do. smh
  • isiahil
    isiahil Members Posts: 22
    Options
    Another one, $100/hr, 1099, 12-18 months in NYC. Damn I wonder if I can get $120/hr from these ? lol
    Do you give an interview and everything with your fake CCIE resume to get the rates? or do they just send you rates? I think Imma start doing that. Just put my resume out there and do interviews or whatever it takes to see how much a CCIE Voice can command and how much my current resume with my CCNP Voice is worth.
  • valdez21
    Options
    isiahil wrote: »
    Do you give an interview and everything with your fake CCIE resume to get the rates? or do they just send you rates? I think Imma start doing that. Just put my resume out there and do interviews or whatever it takes to see how much a CCIE Voice can command and how much my current resume with my CCNP Voice is worth.

LOL dude said Fake CCIE. i think he may have meant CCIE exam scheduled. I was told to put that on my resume also
  • longmeat
    Options
    Naw I put on my ? that I have my CCIE Cert. I stay lying to these ? man. I haven't done any interviews though. I'm just trying to see how much money I can theoretically get.

Since Monday I've gotten 47 emails and 16 voice mails from recruiters. ? is real in the field.
  • longmeat
    Options
    ? is getting real in the field

2nq5snn.jpg

Dudes is destroying my inbox right now lol. They acting mad friendly now that I put CCIE on my res. This one recruiter called me like 9:30 last night. I thought it was a female or something. ? called sounding like he was almost in tears talking bout he got this position he's trying to fill ASAP and he wanna holla at me about. Dude kept calling me Mr. Longmeat and everything. Let a female recruiter call me one day, Ima see if I can get some head or something.
  • King Erauno
    Options
    lol you over here got peoples hopes up lol. dealing with recruiters is like having some ? meat around your neck in shark infested waters. ? was wild for me when i just had my ccnp on my resume. i know exactly what you mean.

these people just trying to get paid lol
  • longmeat
    Options
    lol I know right. All this ? might just be a pipe dream, but it's giving me mad motivation to study though.

I was reading up on the lab, and came across this link on cisco's site
    Patrick is 100% right. (Hello Patrick!)

No ASDM in the CCIE security lab.

The GUIs you will have, are for the IPS appliance, and the ACS.

Best wishes,

Keith

How the ? am I supposed to remember all of the commands to configure all the ASA ? from the CLI (on top of the router and switch configs)? No wonder so many people fail, Cisco on some ? b. All this time I've been glossing over the CLI stuff for the ASA's because I thought you'd be able to use the ASDM. I might have to push my lab back past August now smh.
  • King Erauno
    edited May 2012
    Options
    ^^^^^

i thought the same thing at first but i noticed that most of the books i read etc used cli. the asdm just makes ? easier but with the cli you have more control. I've been using the cli mostly since I've been looking at the ccie, just in case. I watched some of the videos too from ipx and the instructor uses cli 98% of the time. Just practice man. No wonder they said you would have to give up your social life for a few months

i go into everything using the CLI, i damn near forgot the asdm existed. i did forget how to get into it when my coworker asked..lol
  • longmeat
    Options
    When I was going through the vpn and firewall exams, most of the stuff was via asdm. I feel like cisco just styled on me.

? I've probably got like 3-4 hours of sleep on avg this week smh.
  • valdez21
    Options
    i'm about to be on hiatus from studying for a while. moving next week. once i get settled, i'm gonna look into the written again. i had it scheduled for friday but got a new job, relocating etc. i'm gonna knock that one out by the end of May. Looking at the CCIE lab by the end of the summer

Congrats man. What city are you moving to?

i appreciate that. Moving to Atl to snatch up some of the women there lol

Nice. Well, I'm still studying for my CCENT. I been finished the CBT nuggets, but I'm now downloading the trainsignal vids. Like I said, it's either the ATL or Los Angeles for me. Are they going to pay for you to move down there?

yeah theyre giving me a little relocation money. Keep studying man, it pays off.

But, if you want to get into acting, you should try to get to Cali asap. Why go to Atl?

Quick question King. I know you put ATL on your resume, how did you get them to give you relocation money then?
  • King Erauno
    Options
    When I was going through the vpn and firewall exams, most of the stuff was via asdm. I feel like cisco just styled on me.

? I've probably got like 3-4 hours of sleep on avg this week smh.

i had the same shock man. I asked my mentor why it was so hard if we could use the asdm..? was like naw playa, CLI only. ive come to grips with this now lol.

yeah soon as i get my new spot next week its on..sleep 4-5 hours a night and study the rest of the time
  • King Erauno
    Options
    i'm about to be on hiatus from studying for a while. moving next week. once i get settled, i'm gonna look into the written again. i had it scheduled for friday but got a new job, relocating etc. i'm gonna knock that one out by the end of May. Looking at the CCIE lab by the end of the summer

Congrats man. What city are you moving to?

i appreciate that. Moving to Atl to snatch up some of the women there lol

Nice. Well, I'm still studying for my CCENT. I been finished the CBT nuggets, but I'm now downloading the trainsignal vids. Like I said, it's either the ATL or Los Angeles for me. Are they going to pay for you to move down there?

yeah theyre giving me a little relocation money. Keep studying man, it pays off.

But, if you want to get into acting, you should try to get to Cali asap. Why go to Atl?

Quick question King. I know you put ATL on your resume, how did you get them to give you relocation money then?

I put atl on the resume just to attract recruiters from here..then the first thing i told them was i live in NC. I just asked if it was provided and they worked something out to give me a stack for relo. wasnt much but it helped