Comments

• King Erauno
    King Erauno Members Posts: 6,754 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Gns3 or if that begins to be a pain in your ass check out packet tracer 5.3
  • longmeat
    longmeat Members Posts: 2,263 ✭✭✭
    Options
    This security ? cray, I stay getting hit up about jobs paying crazy loot. it's weird though cause ever since I took this job the only thing I can think about is getting more focused on growing my company. its like if I'm not seeing 20 mil a year I don't feel like I made it yet. I need to hurry up and knock this ccie out the way man. its april and I still ain't finish my last ccnp exam smh.
  • black caesar
    black caesar Members Posts: 12,036 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    longmeat wrote: »
    This security ? cray, I stay getting hit up about jobs paying crazy loot. it's weird though cause ever since I took this job the only thing I can think about is getting more focused on growing my company. its like if I'm not seeing 20 mil a year I don't feel like I made it yet. I need to hurry up and knock this ccie out the way man. its april and I still ain't finish my last ccnp exam smh.

I hear ya. My dream is to act, and have my own movie production company. I feel investing and studying this Cisco will bring enough money to make this happen.
  • King Erauno
    Options
    @long..man i make a fraction of you and im seeing crazy offers and ? . but i need a cissp etc. got hit up with a gig paying 200k a year bruh. ? was serious. that alone gave me a push to get re-focused

@black man i just wanna cake up and start consulting. beatin ? (n/h) over the head for 300/hr
  • black caesar
    Options
    @long..man i make a fraction of you and im seeing crazy offers and ? . but i need a cissp etc. got hit up with a gig paying 200k a year bruh. ? was serious. that alone gave me a push to get re-focused

@black man i just wanna cake up and start consulting. beatin ? (n/h) over the head for 300/hr

Consulting huh? So you're going to be like Don Chedele in the show House of Lies huh? lol You should read the book of the same name. They are grimey, but it's bread involved.
  • black caesar
    Options
    ayo...i havent studied much lately. Been out interviewing tho. Waiting on a callback for this network engineer position down there in the A..

? is hard trying to stay focused at times. gonna take a couple weeks off from studying and regroup

I'm thinking of moving to the A for my acting career. Are there a lot of jobs for network engineers down there?
  • longmeat
    Options

Yeah the CISSP is a must if you trying to make it in security. That's one of the things that got me this job. It's a requirement for security for the most part.
    ayo...i havent studied much lately. Been out interviewing tho. Waiting on a callback for this network engineer position down there in the A..

? is hard trying to stay focused at times. gonna take a couple weeks off from studying and regroup

I'm thinking of moving to the A for my acting career. Are there a lot of jobs for network engineers down there?

With the right experience and credentials you'll be good in any large city. But if you serious about the acting thing though, realistically the only place for you to go is LA. You can be a network engineer and act on the side. At least you won't be broke and struggling while you do it like a lot of actors lol
  • King Erauno
    Options
    oh yeah..i got the gig i interviewed for down in GA. now i'm about to do networking full time. I want to be able to do some of this ? in my sleep. CCIE bound..
  • longmeat
    Options
    Where you live at now? GA is mad cheap compared to east coast cities. You could save mad bread. Congrats on the job.

I thought you already had a full time gig though...
  • King Erauno
    Options
    I'm in Raleigh. Yeah the cost of living is comparable between the 2. I had a full time gig but it was system administration..not too much networking. Needed to make a change overall and wanted to get into networking full time. plus i'm making more guap so its all good.
  • longmeat
    Options
    Oh aight that's wassup. You sticking with the security track or you going with routing and switching for the CCIE?

I finally started studying again last night for the IPS exam. Now I remember why I stopped, this ? is so boring. I'ma month or so behind, but I hope I can knock out this last exam and the written this month.
  • King Erauno
    Options
    yeah imma stick with security. I'm gonna look into the cissp too. routing and switching seems boring to me for some reason. Once i'm done with that i'm going to try to get into hacking a little bit

yeah man ? got real boring for me once i finished the firewall exams and went over to the IPS and the routers.
  • valdez21
    valdez21 Members Posts: 159 ✭✭
    Options
    yeah imma stick with security. I'm gonna look into the cissp too. routing and switching seems boring to me for some reason. Once i'm done with that i'm going to try to get into hacking a little bit

yeah man ? got real boring for me once i finished the firewall exams and went over to the IPS and the routers.

Congrats my boy. How did you find the position? im looking for a few up that way. Switch exam this Saturday

• King Erauno
    Options
    thanks.

its simple. i changed the address to my cousin's address on my resume (she lives in atlanta) and put it out there. monster, career builder..etc then i got hit up my dozens of recruiters everyday until someone came at me with a good fit. took about a month or so
  • longmeat
    Options

The SECURE exam was cool, it was actually my favorite one. I'm using a lot of what I learned at my new job. Gonna be implementing control, data, and management plane security features and get them setup with 2FA for their infrastructure. I studied again tonight and went to the gym. I'm back on my ? it seems. Just need to stay focus and just knock this CCIE out. Then I'll NEVER take a damn cert exam again, ? this ? man!

Also can't wait til I get my new whip. Summer time is coming and I'm trying to smash as many head rats as I can off the strength of my car.
  • valdez21
    Options
    thanks.

its simple. i changed the address to my cousin's address on my resume (she lives in atlanta) and put it out there. monster, career builder..etc then i got hit up my dozens of recruiters everyday until someone came at me with a good fit. took about a month or so

Dang i remember telling you that in the old thread and forgot all about that trick smh...my main hold up is knocking out this CCNP, then putting the resume out there. Glad yall ? getting jobs, who says we are in a recession??

• King Erauno
    Options

The SECURE exam was cool, it was actually my favorite one. I'm using a lot of what I learned at my new job. Gonna be implementing control, data, and management plane security features and get them setup with 2FA for their infrastructure. I studied again tonight and went to the gym. I'm back on my ? it seems. Just need to stay focus and just knock this CCIE out. Then I'll NEVER take a damn cert exam again, ? this ? man!

Also can't wait til I get my new whip. Summer time is coming and I'm trying to smash as many head rats as I can off the strength of my car.

I'm feeling the same way, after the CCIE..? any other cert, ever. Just gonna maintain my ccie every 3 years.

valdez21 wrote: »
    thanks.

Dang i remember telling you that in the old thread and forgot all about that trick smh...my main hold up is knocking out this CCNP, then putting the resume out there. Glad yall ? getting jobs, who says we are in a recession??

yeah you did. Good looks on that bruh. Definitely didnt take as long as i thought it would. Get that CCNP on there or at least any other cert you may already have on there..and let your interviewer know that you are working on your CCNP. there are alot of networking jobs out there. VOIP is in really high demand right now.
  • longmeat
    edited April 2012
    Options
    Yeah I even have on my resume I'm pursuing my CCIE. You say that in an interview employers start to look at you differently. And if its a female manager I guarantee you she'll get wet B-)

And make sure you're resume is on point Valdez. If you got good experience and certs but its not easily viewable on your resume, you ? yourself over b.
  • valdez21
    edited April 2012
    Options
    Yeah I even have on my resume I'm pursuing my CCIE. You say that in an interview employers start to look at you differently. And if its a female manager I guarantee you she'll get wet B-)

And make sure you're resume is on point Valdez. If you got good experience and certs but its not easily viewable on your resume, you ? yourself over b.

Okay cool. I need you to look over my resume and tell me what you think

• isiahil
    isiahil Members Posts: 22
    edited April 2012
    Options
    yeah you did. Good looks on that bruh. Definitely didnt take as long as i thought it would. Get that CCNP on there or at least any other cert you may already have on there..and let your interviewer know that you are working on your CCNP. there are alot of networking jobs out there. VOIP is in really high demand right now.

Where do you see VoIP jobs at? I am curious. A couple of recruiters have hit me up on Linkin ever since I put that CCNP Voice on my resume. Also I am back on my grind also. I am going to push back my CCIE Voice time table tho. I am going to take the CCIE Written in June (already scheduled it) and depending on how that goes I will schedule the lab portion accordingly. Glad to see we all getting back in shape for these exams.
  • valdez21
    Options
    Passed SWITCH exam today, a ? on a roll.
  • longmeat
    Options
    isiahil wrote: »

Where do you see VoIP jobs at? I am curious. A couple of recruiters have hit me up on Linkin ever since I put that CCNP Voice on my resume. Also I am back on my grind also. I am going to push back my CCIE Voice time table tho. I am going to take the CCIE Written in June (already scheduled it) and depending on how that goes I will schedule the lab portion accordingly. Glad to see we all getting back in shape for these exams.

At this point I'm curious to see which one of us is gonna get their CCIE first. I'm hoping to have taken the written by the end of the month.
    valdez21 wrote: »
    Passed SWITCH exam today, a ? on a roll.

Good ? dude, you just got TSHOOT left right? Did you buy a lab or you using GNS3?
  • valdez21
    edited April 2012
    Options
    TSHOOT left, then im a CCNP R&S. i put together a real lab and have it connected to GNS3. So i used GNS3 for ROUTE, 3750s for SWITCH. Makes everything a WHOLE easier, best investment i've made. I get up sometimes at 3am and start labbing. On the switch exam, it was kinda tough. the sims had so many things wrong. Wouldn't take alot of the commands. I thought i was going to fail when during a sim it asked me to prevent a multilayer switch from routing and i couldnt type "no ip routing"
  • longmeat
    Options
    Good ? man glad to see cats in here putting in serious work. Hopefully everyone have their CCIEs by the end of the year.
  • King Erauno
    Options
    isiahil wrote: »

just the normal sites, carrerbuilder, monster, dice, etc. I had my resume up there and i had been flooded with openings. Alot of them were voip since i had a little experience with it and put it on my resume. if i get anymore ill def shoot it over to you or post it up here. Its in Atlanta though