Comments

• longmeat
    longmeat Members Posts: 2,263 ✭✭✭
    Options
    You went to ICDC college?
  • King Erauno
    King Erauno Members Posts: 6,754 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    LOL ? tuition musta been like 100k for a bachelors, covering all those certs
  • longmeat
    Options
  • isiahil
    isiahil Members Posts: 22
    Options
    longmeat wrote: »
    I think I just found dude college

LOL
  • caddo man
    caddo man Members Posts: 22,476 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    isiahil wrote: »

LOL

LMAO! not even in the IT thread can you be safe.

• King Erauno
    Options
    caddo man wrote: »

LOL

LMAO! not even in the IT thread can you be safe.

this is still the IC. you know how we do
  • dnyce215
    dnyce215 Members Posts: 1,245 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • longmeat
    Options
    The wolves are on the prowl 24/7. I remember that very first IT thread back when my name was maybach and we was vbullettin. ? was talking RECKLESS in that ? !
  • dnyce215
    dnyce215 Members Posts: 1,245 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    You went to ICDC college?

Nah fam I'm at Itt Tech
  • Ioniz3dSPIRITZ
    Ioniz3dSPIRITZ Members Posts: 3,985 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    http://www.indeed.com/jobs?q=linux&l=MI

I was searching for Linux Admin jobs and this is what I found. There are a ? load of jobs in this area. Why is expertise in Linux in such high demand? I only have experience with installing CentOS and know some very basic CLI commands. What can you guys tell me about your experience using Linux based systems.
  • MrSoutCity
    MrSoutCity Members Posts: 2,709 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Why the hell are you searching for Linux admin jobs if all you can do is basic install. I want to get some redhat certs but I ain't trying to travel to the mainland.
  • Ioniz3dSPIRITZ
    Ioniz3dSPIRITZ Members Posts: 3,985 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    It's just something I learned how to do in class. My focus is more in security and risk managment. I Just to see whats out there.
  • major pain
    major pain Members Posts: 10,293 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    http://www.indeed.com/jobs?q=linux&l=MI

I was searching for Linux Admin jobs and this is what I found. There are a ? load of jobs in this area. Why is expertise in Linux in such high demand? I only have experience with installing CentOS and know some very basic CLI commands. What can you guys tell me about your experience using Linux based systems.

quite a few applications are based on a linux/unix platform so knowing them from a CLI level will always be a feather in your hat if you go that way

• King Erauno
    Options
    It's just something I learned how to do in class. My focus is more in security and risk managment. I Just to see whats out there.

if you want to go that route you should learn as much as you can. Being able to install an OS is just a tip of the iceberg. Go cop some books and dissect it as much as you can. Will make your value go up

• longmeat
    Options
    How's studying going for y'all. I was doing good for like 3 weeks but now my motivation is gone.

I need to get my ? together and knock this written out. I should have passed in in March smh
  • King Erauno
    Options
    the same yo..since moving ive been just trying to get settled in. took a while to get my internet at the crib..but im on now. just gonna buckle down during the week and study..and save the partying for the weekend. still my goal is in June
  • longmeat
    Options
    Man my problem is I'm trying to build a team for the summer. Right now my roster is ? hideous. CCIE is important but damn it, I have my priorities.
  • King Erauno
    Options
    lmao. im tryin to do the same. building from scratch :(
  • isiahil
    Options
    I feel yall. This past weekend I did absolutely nothing. It felt good tho. Work has been getting stressful. I got my second CCIE written attempt in like 2 weeks. I got enough time to get in shape since I know exactly what areas I am weak in. As far as my team goes, I am ashamed at myself. My bench is 100% empty with no prospects. If I don't get this CCIE I will be a loser officially. lol.
  • longmeat
    edited May 2012
    Options
    LMAO ? , here I thought I was the only one. Right now my team is down to 1.5 smh.

I had to let my 18 month jumpoff go cause she disrespected the code of the game.

I met a new broad, but she on some I wanna wait ? . I put in 5 weeks of work so far and nada. I can't even remember the last time I waited that long. Plus she a ? so if I do decide to ? her Ima be stuck with her for life.

My good and faithful is in DC, and I think she's catching feelings. She's randomly texting me "Muah!" now snoop.png

I met this strong 8.5/9 on Sunday, gave her a call yesterday to set something up Friday, she ain't call back lol. I got 2 possibles on deck, and the one i really wanna ? is outta town for two weeks, and the one I'm seeing tomorrow I think might be fat tocry.png

Oh, and don't buy any uCertify test engines for the CCIE. That ? is ? HORRIBLE.

My life is in shambles right now lol
  • King Erauno
    Options
    LMAO damn fellas...lol. yall ? get it together. chase $$ not these hoes lmao
  • King Erauno
    Options
    I feel yall. This past weekend I did absolutely nothing. It felt good tho. Work has been getting stressful. I got my second CCIE written attempt in like 2 weeks. I got enough time to get in shape since I know exactly what areas I am weak in. As far as my team goes, I am ashamed at myself. My bench is 100% empty with no prospects. If I don't get this CCIE I will be a loser officially. lol.

good luck. voice right? i was talkin to this ccie i work with, ? been rollin out 600 and 1000 phones for diff companies, makin $300/hr working for himself. thats motivation
  • longmeat
    Options

good luck. voice right? i was talkin to this ccie i work with, ? been rollin out 600 and 1000 phones for diff companies, makin $300/hr working for himself. thats motivation

Yo King, next time you talk to dude, ask him how he gets in contact with these companies to offer his services? I ain't trying to go through staffing firms as a middle man so they can take a cut of my profits. I've been trying to figure out how to be a true independent consultant for a long time now
  • King Erauno
    Options

Yo King, next time you talk to dude, ask him how he gets in contact with these companies to offer his services? I ain't trying to go through staffing firms as a middle man so they can take a cut of my profits. I've been trying to figure out how to be a true independent consultant for a long time now

will do. i honestly think its just off the strength that he has a CCIE. At my last job, the CCIE i worked with there had his own business so he'd invoice my boss and they would cut him a check for his services. Of course you go out and network with people but having the CCIE says you're nice with it so people will come and ask questions or ask for services. Just my speculation though.

a ? like me would be working from the crib, 24/7. Or wherever I travel to. Just send the checks to my P.O. Box lol
  • isiahil
    Options

Trade shows and tech demonstrations are a big way to net new clients. I am a consultant now (salaried) and if you bring in new business you get a commission. One way to do it is go to trade shows and do tech demos. So for example I would go to a VoIP trade show and have a demo environment setup to show off the features to people at the show. If someone there thinks its cool and want it for their business they will hire you.