The Official IT Thread

Options

Comments

• isiahil
    isiahil Members Posts: 22
    Options
    isiahil wrote: »
    I feel yall. This past weekend I did absolutely nothing. It felt good tho. Work has been getting stressful. I got my second CCIE written attempt in like 2 weeks. I got enough time to get in shape since I know exactly what areas I am weak in. As far as my team goes, I am ashamed at myself. My bench is 100% empty with no prospects. If I don't get this CCIE I will be a loser officially. lol.

good luck. voice right? i was talkin to this ccie i work with, ? been rollin out 600 and 1000 phones for diff companies, makin $300/hr working for himself. thats motivation

There is def money in VoIP. I seen my bill rate on some VoIP projects I have done at like $130. I am salaried so I don't see that, but that is what the company charges for my time. Its crazy.

• traestar
    traestar Members Posts: 6,030 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • guytoosmooth
    guytoosmooth Members Posts: 23 ✭✭
    Options
    Would it be wise for me to put college on hold and just stack up on certifications? I ain't all that close to getting my degree, I got 60 credits to go
  • traestar
    traestar Members Posts: 6,030 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Would it be wise for me to put college on hold and just stack up on certifications? I ain't all that close to getting my degree, I got 60 credits to go

I'd say go get your Associates if you can. Because whether you have certs or a degree, the most important thing is experience!
  • King Erauno
    King Erauno Members Posts: 6,754 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    blog.ipexpert.com

this guy anthony sequiera is a multiple ccie. he's going through the security track right now, covering every topic with notes and command line examples everyday. 120 day challenge, for anyone interested in the ccie security. he's on day 8-9 right now.
  • black caesar
    black caesar Members Posts: 12,036 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I'm still studying. I feel burned out, but I'm trying to hang on. A lay I've been seeing is a project manager, and is giving me an insight into it. Is being and IT and a project manager a good marriage?
  • longmeat
    longmeat Members Posts: 2,263 ✭✭✭
    Options
    I ain't been doing ? but getting fat and trying to get at these hoes.

Ima get back on my ? soon though smh
  • King Erauno
    Options
    lmao. i've got a stable schedule...work...workout...study...and ? somethin at night.

going for the written by the 30th
  • longmeat
    Options
    Damn, just got hit up for a full time perm position paying 150-200k. ? that, I'm studying soon as I get home!
  • King Erauno
    Options
    longmeat wrote: »
    Damn, just got hit up for a full time perm position paying 150-200k. ? that, I'm studying soon as I get home!

aye post that ? for motivation...i think we all could use some at this point. ? is burnt out
  • longmeat
    Options
    Yoooooo, I think my cough drop just gave me a sign that I got that job. The wrapper said, "inspire envy

Either that or this cold is eating away at my brain cells.
  • Mr Popo
    Mr Popo Members Posts: 3,289 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    What's up everybody.

Anyone got some practice test for A+? I need some more questions to go over because I'm trying to knock this out next month
  • King Erauno
    Options
    ^^^^

go through the chapters in the book..do the questions in the back of the book. Also try to come up with your own questions..write them down and go over them.
  • King Erauno
    Options
    whats new with everybody though..? I havent cracked open a book all week. Realized that the CCIE lab by NOV is damn near impossible. Going to study more on the written and give myself 7-8 months of lab time before I attempt it
  • Black Boy King
    Black Boy King Members Posts: 6,984 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Doin good with this internship though I have alot of downtime now (still doing full-time). Just use all that time to study for my certs.

I'm hoping buy the end of the year, with about 9 months of experience with this global company, I can land a Network Analyst job (or anything else entry level networking). I've been searching and they don't seem to be asking for too much. I figure with my little bit of experience and A+, Network+ and CCNA, I'll be in good position for an entry level networking gig.

Just a matter of buckling down now. The vision is becoming clearer and clearer...
  • CottonCitySlim
    CottonCitySlim Members Posts: 7,063 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Yea it is, good listen..i noticed the goverment is switching to the grow within model looking at opm and the upcomming programs, hopefully more outside companies see that the us is falling behind and start lowing expectations on what and who you can hire
  • CottonCitySlim
    CottonCitySlim Members Posts: 7,063 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Cause right now im stuck, i need an intership for experience but i have bills so i gotta work full time cant be working for free mayne
  • King Erauno
    Options
    anybody here want a entry level helpdesk job in ATL? pm me
  • King Erauno
    Options
    hope yall ? been grinding...its been madd quiet in here.

anybody interested in cisco routing and switching on a professional level...ipexpert has some free ? . they have a streaming video on demand (instructor led course) for CCNP route exam for free. ipexpert.com and go to ccnp routing and switching. create an account and purchase it (no promo code, its free, just add to your cart) and you can stream it on your pc. good ?
  • black caesar
    Options

anybody interested in cisco routing and switching on a professional level...ipexpert has some free ? . they have a streaming video on demand (instructor led course) for CCNP route exam for free. ipexpert.com and go to ccnp routing and switching. create an account and purchase it (no promo code, its free, just add to your cart) and you can stream it on your pc. good ?

Still studying. I didn't meet an IT manager in the barber shop. He gave me his info. I just want to take test and get this ? over with.

Did you ever feel you were never going to get there with all the studying?
  • King Erauno
    Options

Still studying. I didn't meet an IT manager in the barber shop. He gave me his info. I just want to take test and get this ? over with.

Did you ever feel you were never going to get there with all the studying?

at times yeah, mostly because of other distractions..work ? , family ? etc. The best thing to do is make a study plan and try to stick to it the best you can. I kinda feel that way right now working on this ccie..I wanted to take it before november because the exam changed but it would be damn near impossible to do unless i had 12 hours a day everyday to study.

Just gotta take calculated steps with this stuff. it pays off in the end though. set your goals and once you reach them get yourself a reward. make it some big ? like a rolex or a whip or something
  • caddo man
    caddo man Members Posts: 22,476 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I come back with my head down. I have been lazy with my studies. I was suppose to be microsoft SQL certified by now but............I have been slacking. I am motivated again now. A chapter a day!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Me and wifey (she already works with it at her job so all she wants is the qual.)

I will be MCSA and MCTS server 2008 byt the end of the summer. That is September 1st people.
  • black caesar
    Options
    I'm still studying. I should be ready to take the ICND1 test in September, and take the ICND2 in November hopefully. I just want to get to the goal bad.
  • MrSoutCity
    MrSoutCity Members Posts: 2,709 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I wanted to take my ccna by the end of august but a ain't study in 3 week.