Options
    Thereal_ba wrote: »
    Ccent passed. Now for incd2, aws cert and red hat cert

What's aws?
  • Bcotton5
    Bcotton5 Members Posts: 51,851 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Bcotton5 wrote: »
    we did vpns as part of the ccna, ipsec over gre tunnels for site to site vpns

www.paloaltonetworks.com/careers see if theres any positions you want then PM me

Good looks I'll research it but I'm taking icnd2 in a couple weeks so it'll be a minute
  • Bcotton5
    edited May 2016
    Options

Did that Web site I pmed you help? I literally got the same questions word for word on there
  • Thereal_ba
    Thereal_ba Members Posts: 1,919 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2016
    Options

What's aws?
    Amazon web services, it's Amazons cloud. If you want to learn it, Amazon gives you a free membership for a year to get familiar with it and learn the ins and outs.

Did that Web site I pmed you help? I literally got the same questions word for word on there

I didn't really look at the site, I just went back over the sections that I scored low in.
  • Bcotton5
    Options

What's aws?
    Amazon web services, it's Amazons cloud. If you want to learn it, Amazon gives you a free membership for a year to get familiar with it and learn the ins and outs.

I didn't really look at the site, I just went back over the sections that I scored low in.

Good looks I'll check out that aws
  • Bcotton5
    Options
    My cisco professor told me after the ccna to learn programming and start with python, yall got any good resources?
  • Bcotton5
    Options
    Finished my Cisco Networking Professional Associates Degree today too.

Got 114% In CCNA 4 lmao
    Teach said im the 2nd student to get an A in all 4 cisco classes.

@John_Blazini what up!
  • Qiv_Owan
    Qiv_Owan Members Posts: 4,125 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Please pass that this way
  • Bcotton5
    Options
    Qiv_Owan wrote: »

Please pass that this way

http://www.cerexam.com/95/ccent-ccna-100-101-icnd-1
  • Qiv_Owan
    Qiv_Owan Members Posts: 4,125 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    No lab?
    Or do they wait till CCNA
  • Bcotton5
    edited May 2016
    Options
    Qiv_Owan wrote: »
    No lab?
    Or do they wait till CCNA

It was a couple lab simulation questions I think I got 4 of them. It was like packet tracer pretty much

Nothing too tough , you gotta know your "show" commands to find info to answer the questions
  • Bcotton5
    Options
    Just a heads up Cisco just emailed me about them changing the CCNA curriculum again, last day for the current tests are sept 24 2016.

So if you been studying or got your ccent make sure you take the icnd2 or composite exam before then.
  • Bcotton5
    edited May 2016
    Options
    Just a heads up Cisco just emailed me about them changing the CCNA curriculum again, last day for the current tests are sept 24 2016.

So if you been studying or got your ccent make sure you take the icnd2 or composite exam before then.

cR3Nqm3.jpg

e1o0wg9hc19e.png

• King Erauno
    King Erauno Members Posts: 6,754 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2016
    Options
    good ol cisco always changing ? . its getting so bad that cisco certs dont hold that much value anymore
  • Bcotton5
    Options
    ? im worried about starting the ccnp switch cause they might change it
  • King Erauno
    Options

yeah if they change the ccna the ccnp is bound to change too. look and see when they changed it last...its normally a 2-3 year cycle. the security track is the only one that doesnt change as frequent..thats around 4-5 years
  • Bcotton5
    Options

cR3Nqm3.jpg

e1o0wg9hc19e.png

short vid going over the changes, I recommend subscribing to his channel, he drops great videos all the time I used them a lot.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QeoC50gs-ug
  • Bcotton5
    edited May 2016
    Options

yeah if they change the ccna the ccnp is bound to change too. look and see when they changed it last...its normally a 2-3 year cycle. the security track is the only one that doesnt change as frequent..thats around 4-5 years

You or anyone one you know do CCNA Voice ? I see a ton of jobs posted for people that can do the VOIP phones . Good paying ones too.

I did a few labs in the 3rd ccna class where we set up the phones on two different networks and got them to speak to each other and it didn't seem too hard.

One thing I'm kinda disappointed about in ccna is there's really almost nothing with configuring Wireless access points. I had a vendor agnostic wireless class so I only had a little experience using cisco APS. Seems like knowing CCNA wireless would be a must too
  • King Erauno
    Options

You or anyone one you know do CCNA Voice ? I see a ton of jobs posted for people that can do the VOIP phones . Good paying ones too.

I did a few labs in the 3rd ccna class where we set up the phones on two different networks and got them to speak to each other and it didn't seem too hard.

One thing I'm kinda disappointed about in ccna is there's really almost nothing with configuring Wireless access points. I had a vendor agnostic wireless class so I only had a little experience using cisco APS. Seems like knowing CCNA wireless would be a must too

i know a couple CCIE's with voice but thats about it. to me its super complicated just seeing cisco call manager and ? being set up. i wanted nothing to do with that
  • Bcotton5
    edited June 2016
    Options
    Nice , cisco sent me a email I can enroll in the new ccna 6.0 bridging course with the new material for free

I just used my exam voucher from cisco , gonna sit for the icnd2 as soon as I get my confirmation
  • Mr Popo
    Mr Popo Members Posts: 3,289 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Anybody got the Certified Ethical Hacker certified? If so, how was the exam? You have any study material?
  • King Erauno
    Options
    Mr Popo wrote: »
    Anybody got the Certified Ethical Hacker certified? If so, how was the exam? You have any study material?

i've been looking at that. that will be my next cert. looking for some good study materials for it
  • Bcotton5
    Options

That stuff I posted had a ceh study guide for it
  • Bcotton5
    Options
    Seems like I need to learn SQL too any of yall good with that
  • Mr Popo
    Mr Popo Members Posts: 3,289 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

That stuff I posted had a ceh study guide for it

Can you post it again?