the kinda N!gga ya'll cosigning? Drake the enemy.

Options

Comments

• blackdemo
    blackdemo Members Posts: 2,350 ✭✭✭
    Options
    TheJamel wrote: »
    Drake is not a pioneer, a pioneer has something they can offer to the future. Drake has nothing to offer. Just another Mr me too.

Naw dude bought lyricsm back to the mainstream, before drake it was dancee songs that was poppin on the mainstream but Drake came in the mainstream with bars n hooks.

"For a 22-year-old man, he brought lyricism back. When [Gang Starr's] Step In The Arena came out, I was 22-years-old. And I just thought about it, I was like, Damn, I was a youngster. I wasn't 30, 31. I was 22 and coming with heat. And that's why I like that he's bringing stuff back. J. Cole, I like that he's bringing lyrics back." - DJ Premier

n hes a pioneer cuz hip hop changed forever in '07, about 10 rappers (drake included) were comin up heavy bringin lyricsm and uniqueness back to hip hop compared to the previous years of lil jon, d4l, soulja boy, u know i mean their was still some lyrics but 04-'01 those were the rock bottom years, Drake and a few other artist brought lyricism back n good music back.
  • blackdemo
    Options
    When he was first comin out everybody including this site was sayin "hes hip hops saviour" hes brigin the real back, nigas was puttin him in the top ten. "comeback season" was a breath of fresh air
  • R.D.
    R.D. Members Posts: 20,156 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2012
    Options
    If you think Drake brought lyricism back, you're a horrible hip hop/rap fan
  • High Revolutionary
    High Revolutionary Members Posts: 3,729 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Ol girl in that "I need love" video was a dime piece though.
  • blackdemo
    edited March 2012
    Options
    if u think Stay Scheming was "spitting hard".... lolololol

I dont mean hard lyrically like blackin out on the track i mean spittin hard like jus talkin bout some manly ? cuz he doesnt as much jus like fab n LL.

"Shawty wanna tell me secrets ’bout a rap ?
    I tell a ? its more attractive when you hold it down
    Kobe ’bout to lose a hundred fifty M’s
    Kobe my ? I hate it, had to be him
    ? you wasn’t with me shooting in the gym
    (? you wasn’t with me shooting in the gym"

I mean thats ? a man would say right??

"You like the f-ckin finish line we can’t wait to run into you"

im not sayin hes hard im sayin hes spittin hard ? tho. jus so happens to talk about jawns all the time but duke is still nice on the mic, cant noboy say hes a bad rapper.

But yea thats jus my 2cents, ill stop ranting but at the end of the day Drake is nice, hes soft but hes nice, if u think hes whack listen to his old stuff

• R.D.
    Options
    blackdemo wrote: »
    When he was first comin out everybody including this site was sayin "hes hip hops saviour" hes brigin the real back, nigas was puttin him in the top ten. "comeback season" was a breath of fresh air

not me...

not anybody
  • blackdemo
    Options
    But yea thats jus y 2cents, ill stop ranting but at the end of the day Drake is nice, hes soft but hes nice, nodoy can
    R.D. wrote: »
    im sorry but the fab comparison is horrible

but i jus showed u a buncha simp songs that hes made. "throw it in the bag" is simp as hell, u agree?

• yeah i rap so don't
    yeah i rap so don't Members Posts: 3,874 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

not me...

I dont mean hard lyrically like blackin out on the track i mean spittin hard like jus talkin bout some manly ? cuz he doesnt as much jus like fab n LL.

im not sayin hes hard im sayin hes spittin hard ? tho. jus so happens to talk about jawns all the time but duke is still nice on the mic, cant noboy say hes a bad rapper.

But yea thats jus my 2cents, ill stop ranting but at the end of the day Drake is nice, hes soft but hes nice, if u think hes whack listen to his old stuff

Got your cape on for Drake pretty bad...that interview with Tim Westwood let me know he is an actor playing a part sill and you are rationalizing it like women do bro.
  • blackdemo
    Options

Dog.....smh. So name 5 rappers that was actually poppin in the mainstrem '08-'10 that was spittin lyrics, making actual concepts to songs. there wasnt any, so u think DJ premier is wrong even tho when u look at his top 25 its all underground. I listen to half underground 90s-2000s ish. n Good mainstream rap, I got a good hip hop IQ, dude was a pioneer, n i got proof.
  • StoneColdMikey
    StoneColdMikey Members, Moderators Posts: 33,543 Regulator
    Options
    im a fan of Drake he is the type of ? that would get his ass whooped in HS lol and robbed. but dude is soft and sometimes he is corny but you have to remember that dude is from ? CANADA.
  • blackdemo
    Options

not me...

Got your cape on for Drake pretty bad...that interview with Tim Westwood let me know he is an actor playing a part sill and you are rationalizing it like women do bro.

I mean i aint offeneded or nothin i jus give credit where its due hes an ill MC, n i gotta show him love for puttin a whole country on his back ( i live in Canada now). Alot of people like to diss drake but when u show him his good stuff or have a rational argument ? dont wanna listen.
  • R.D.
    Options

Dog.....smh. So name 5 rappers that was actually poppin in the mainstrem '08-'10 that was spittin lyrics, making actual concepts to songs. there wasnt any, so u think DJ premier is wrong even tho when u look at his top 25 its all underground. I listen to half underground 90s-2000s ish. n Good mainstream rap, I got a good hip hop IQ, dude was a pioneer, n i got proof.

i dont have to name 5....you said he brought lyricism back like it was gone

if theres 1 rapper doing it, it aint gone
  • blackdemo
    edited March 2012
    Options

i dont have to name 5....you said he brought lyricism back like it was gone

if theres 1 rapper doing it, it aint gone

Dawg...in '06-'09 lyricism wasnt cool anymore in the mainstream only people i can think of tha were lyrical in the mainstream at that time was...Lil wayne, Jay-z, TI. n yea thats it man, at that time it wasnt cool to be nice on the mic, thats jus the way it was. "hip hop is dead" by nas, it was dead for that time period but drake made rappin ass rappin (Nice lyrical conceptual 16) back, now aritst like J.cole, Big Sean, Meek mill, wale, B.O.B, Wizkahlifa movin into the mainstream , they making a trend where u actually gotta be decent lyrically to be in the mainstream. But it started with Drake, not sayin hes the GAWD MC or nothin, duke jus happen to spit bars after a long drought n hip hop picked up momentum after he got on.

Joe Budden
    Joell Ortiz
    Crooked-I
    B.O.B
    Charles Hamilton
    Mickey Factz
    Blu n Exile
    Kid Cudi
    Currensy
    Wiz khalifa
    Drake
    _________ =

the pioneers of the 2nd golden age in 07' till now then drake ended up becomin mainstream bringin that raw lyricism back.

Yo boy DJ premier said he bought it back n he got way more hip hop knowledge then anybody on this site, him co-siginin is enough credibility for my statements to me. If im a bad hip hop fan peep DJ premiers top 25 albums of 2011 (all basically underground rap) n at the same time he appreciates mainstream music.

*kanye shrug*
    *drops mic*

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 0 Regulator
    Options
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
  • R.D.
    Options
    lmaoooo can anybody explain what this list is supposed to be

Considering i see Joe budden, Cudi, and B.O.B on the list

there is definitely no correlation
  • Melanin_Enriched
    Melanin_Enriched Members Posts: 22,868 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    So we gonna give drake a pass for saying ? ?
  • blackdemo
    Options
    @blackdemo
    i respect your attempt to give an unbiased POV to this conversation, but to be quite truthful with you, you're coming off a bit stannish due to your comparison and liberal use of the words pioneer and golden age.

no real hip hop fan can use those words and be taken serious when talking about the current generation of hip hop.
    6 months ago some of these same ? was saying lil b is the future.

your era of hip hop has no future. in fact it's almost over.

you all just dont see it yet.

what on earth from this era could you, in ten years, look back on and say, "damn... that ? was dope."

what???

I'm On?
    A Milli?

It is a lil stannish yea ill admit it lol, but i jus want someone to prove me worng, no point i made was off. Ive yet to see a good rebuttle. but let me show u and Allhiphop.com something. hip hop is the greatest its been since the 90s. thats why i say "2nd golden era". Let me show u some proof. of Just aritst that came up in the mid-late 2000s thats doin they thing.

J.cole
    Drake
    B.O.B
    Charels Hamilton
    Currensy
    Wiz khalifa
    Nippsey Hussle
    MURS
    Kendrick Lamar
    Vado
    Fashawn
    Kanye west
    Cyhi the prynce
    ASAP Rocky
    Yelawolf
    Joe Budden
    School Boy Q
    Ab soul
    Pac div
    Casey Veggies
    Stalley
    Wale
    Kid Cudi
    Jay-electronica
    Mac Miller
    The Game
    Meek Mill
    Blu n Exile
    Dom Kennedy
    Freddie Gibbs
    Chip tha rappper
    Mickey Factz
    Elzhi
    Saigon
    Papoose
    Joell Ortiz
    Crooked I
    Pro Era
    Mac Miller
    Dialted peoples
    Dip Set
    Jay Rock

ETC. I can go waaaay more, hip hop changed ALOT since '04- '07 bro, hip hop is alaive n kickin, its all underground or "mainstream underground" but "mainstream underground" is like a draft to get on with the big dogs "Mainstream" but even if u aint mainstream MCs stil get recognition.

Mac miller gettin #1 rap album, with no mainstream push, Tyler the Creator gettin nominated for a grammy. The music speaks for its self.

I mean some of thse ? got on earlier but really started makin it pooppin in mid late 2000s.

Hip hop is back and stronger then ever, theres not really too many bad MCs on the "New age" list. This is like a "Golden era" or maybe i should say "Silver era" because the music comin out today is PIFF, production is almost jus as good as the 90s as well as lyricism, concepts, emotion, blah blah blah, dont give up on hip hop man, cats like "Pro Era" gonna start goin hard in the game dawg.

I should be a blogger.

• [Deleted User]
    Options
  • blackdemo
    Options
    Jamel ur parents were sayin the same thing about the music u was listenin to in the 90s man, u dont relaize how good an era is until u go further into the future or u can keep up now n see that Hip hop is great right now. Im lovin hip hop right now, they doin my ears good.I got 25% 90s underground, 90s/80s in general n the other half is new ish from my ipod.
  • blackdemo
    edited March 2012
    Options
    your era can't have Pro Era...
    them some seventeen year olds...

naw man we call '07- now until it gets bad again man. and who on that list is TERRIBLE who cant rap?

Im 20 so '07- now is my era.

All the '86-'96 is rockin with this music, because we the same generation
  • trilladelic
    trilladelic Members Posts: 4,457 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    c4560266.jpg

thats wut he get 4 blowin up a ? ..

• [Deleted User]
    Options
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
  • blackdemo
    Options
    Jamel ur parents were sayin the same thing about the music u was listenin to in the 90s man, u dont relaize how good an era is until u go further into the future or u can keep up now n see that Hip hop is great right now. Im lovin hip hop right now, they doin my ears good.I got 25% 90s underground, 90s/80s in general n the other half is new ish from my ipod.
    for the most part they were right tho... a good bit of them New Jack Swing ? was mad wack...

Word? U wasnt ? with Heavy D, Aaron Hall, Ralph Tresvant. they was iight makin some funky ? SOME, I can imagine in those days they were the soft cats tho.