2012 XXL Freshmen are here!

Options

Comments

• idoitforhiphop10
    idoitforhiphop10 Members Posts: 5,973 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Just when I did'nt think that it could get any worser than last year. This is the second year they left out dom kennedy, xv, chip tha rip and DZA.
  • waterproof
    waterproof Members Posts: 9,412 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    never heard a song from none of them, that tell me they aint got ? to say
  • bankenstein
    bankenstein Members Posts: 227 ✭✭
    Options
    Danny Brown the only one on there I ? wit. I kinda ? wit Don Trip but I been disappointed as hell with his mixtapes
    you check out that gangsta grillz he dropped yesterday?

Nah not yet I'm bout to though. I just saw it on the sidebar when I dl'd that Curren$y x Styles P
  • KingJamal
    KingJamal Members Posts: 20,652 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Hip Hop is going down the toilet
  • lamontbdc
    lamontbdc Members Posts: 18,824 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    usmarin3 wrote:
    I feel like being on this list isn't neccessarily a good look, even though a few rappers have succeeded most haven't amount to anything success wise beside Cudi,Cole, Wiz, Big Sean, and a few others.

I think it's a good look it's just that XXL is stretching it with the folks they include. why does it have to be 10 mc's every year when thier isn't 10 worthy rappers every year. They need to limit the list to those who have actual talent
  • idoitforhiphop10
    idoitforhiphop10 Members Posts: 5,973 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    lamontbdc wrote: »
    usmarin3 wrote:
    I feel like being on this list isn't neccessarily a good look, even though a few rappers have succeeded most haven't amount to anything success wise beside Cudi,Cole, Wiz, Big Sean, and a few others.

I think it's a good look it's just that XXL is stretching it with the folks they include. why does it have to be 10 mc's every year when thier isn't 10 worthy rappers every year. They need to limit the list to those who have actual talent

^^^^^^^^^
  • Turfaholic
    Turfaholic Members Posts: 20,429 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    list is ass

Action Bronson the only freshfaced white boy out there spitting. ASAP smart for taking the Vado route.
  • Kame
    Kame Members Posts: 24,246 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    terrible list imo... xxl list isnt a good look opinion... the two most buzzed about rappers tyler and ASAP turned that ? down...

and most on this end up doing nothing with their careers, its cursed
  • Purr
    Purr Members Posts: 32,382 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    who are these people?
  • Kame
    Options
    All but one person on here is on Interscope...
  • Kame
    Options
    rofl i just noticed montana got a bear on his shoulders.. aw ?
  • StoneColdMikey
    StoneColdMikey Members, Moderators Posts: 33,543 Regulator
    Options
  • usmarin3
    usmarin3 Members Posts: 38,013 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I just researched that white ? Izzy whatever her name is, ? is ? terrible. I just turned down the volume to her videos and ? off to her. smh
  • thefabmd2dc
    thefabmd2dc Members Posts: 2,572 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    French is finally making it. It took him a while
  • southernmade
    southernmade Members Posts: 2,450 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    horrible list.....dza, dom kennedy, school boy q should be on there.....ah well it's not like im going to buy the magazine anyway.....whether they were on there or not....
  • lamontbdc
    lamontbdc Members Posts: 18,824 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Kame wrote:

that explains a lot
  • MC The Rapper
    MC The Rapper Members Posts: 8,140 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Chip just said on twitter that its a bad look and he turned them down

Amw7-9wCQAAl5Sd.jpg
  • yeah i rap so don't
    yeah i rap so don't Members Posts: 3,874 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    This whole list is ? .

Not the whole thing
    D.D.S. wrote: »
    how the ? is roscoe dash in this but he's been out since '09????

They often have people who have been around for a while

HAF BAYKED wrote: »
    there's 3 white people on the front of XXL....its a conspiracy

Macklemore is from Seattle and is basically creating a path in a lane of his own musically. He deserves it. MGK has his moments. He also has Puff behind him. Iggy, I have heard a lot about her but never listened to her music. I think BAd Boy having TWO artists says something./.

I'm not looking forward to this freshman class. MGK and French Montana i ? with. Roscoe and Future are alright. Not a fan, but listen to a few tracks by each. The rest..? em.

You have ? for taste

usmarin3 wrote: »

Crooked I and Joell Ortiz are in Slaughterhouse. Lupe has a pretty good career. Saigon was on Entourage and dropped what many consider a classic. For the most part due to the number of people in each class the ratio will always be more towards people who do nothing for one reason or the other. Blu could have been huge, but Warner Brothers doesn't know how to market him and have ruined what buzz he had.
    waterproof wrote: »
    never heard a song from none of them, that tell me they aint got ? to say

That is the incorrect answer and actually ignorant and offensive too
    Just when I did'nt think that it could get any worser than last year. This is the second year they left out dom kennedy, xv, chip tha rip and DZA.

Dom Kennedy is ? trash. V is super dope tho. I have not heard too much of Chip and Dza and what I did hear was not impressive.
    Kame wrote: »

Hopsin and Macklemore are signed to Interscope?
  • Miles HIGH
    Miles HIGH Members Posts: 5,441 ✭✭✭
    Options
    Chip just said on twitter that its a bad look and he turned them down

Amw7-9wCQAAl5Sd.jpg

Ol "That ? was ugly anyway"...Ass ? ....
  • t. webb
    t. webb Members Posts: 2,737 ✭✭✭
    Options
    Only artist I've listened to on this list is Danny Brown but before I give my opinion on the list as a whole I have to listen to these other artist....
  • StillFaggyAF
    StillFaggyAF Members Posts: 40,358 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    honestly none of the people are popular except MGK, French and Future. Don Trip nice doe
  • CMac
    CMac Members Posts: 5,748 ✭✭✭
    Options
    LOL @ that list, but I can't laugh maybe one of them will actually blow up. We do live in a NO TALENT NEEDED industry era.
  • stealthbomber
    stealthbomber Members Posts: 2,179 ✭✭✭
    Options
    damn i needa start up a ? magazine this ? is wack..

MGK, roscoe dash and hopsin??? FOH
  • LV_Don
    LV_Don Members Posts: 350 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    People stopped buying XXL years ago so I guess they just sold the cover to interscope..

Been listening to French montana since his konvict days and I have not heard one song or even a verse that warrants the amount of hype and mmg/bad boy deal that he got
  • sapp08_2001
    sapp08_2001 Members Posts: 7,566 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Lmao that cover is funny as hell. Wtf was french montana thinkin lol. Hopsin is the only cat I bump on this list. And wtf were they thinkin including future, MGK, and roscoe dash? They been out smh. List is ass