What Made You Decide That You Didn't...Or Did...Wanna Be A Rapper?

Options
2»

Comments

• Dat1Dude7
    Dat1Dude7 Members Posts: 448 ✭✭✭
    Options
    EasyLife wrote: »
    For 99% of people it's the moment they realize they have no money to invest in their music. That usually changes a person's mind lol.

word
    life

i dont think there is another industry in music that works more on who you know & how much money you got to spend than hip hop

when i realized that, mannnnn, i really jus wanted to give it up.

it dont matter how nice you are.
    if you dont know the right people and/or have the right people eating off you then your career does not advance
  • Dat1Dude7
    Dat1Dude7 Members Posts: 448 ✭✭✭
    Options
    Meh..Never felt the need...I write stories, poems, sports articles and damn near all else...Plus I don't have the voice for it...

I produce though...Anyone want some 90s soundin' ? holla at me

real ? fam

the voice is key.
    rap really has alot to do with how its performed and not how it was planned.
    back in the days of crews rappers would sit around and bounce verses and ideas and by the time the song is laid down someone might be spittin a verse written by another group member jus because he is the person that can deliver best.
  • Knives Amilli
    Knives Amilli Members Posts: 4,632 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    t. webb wrote: »
    A part of me still wants to be a rapper or producer just because of my passion for music in general...I'm still young to where I could work on my craft and maybe do something in the game...

Same here......
  • thetruth391
    thetruth391 Members Posts: 2,367 ✭✭
    Options
  • maafa
    maafa Members Posts: 286
    Options
    I can't get my vocals right for ? so it takes me too damn long to record a verse lol. I believe I'm a pretty ok writer tho, only if I could get the ? out. Even then, I would really just play the ? for myself and friends. I like coming up with lil album concepts, making vids, and rhyming to beats I enjoy. I never saw myself trying to be major with it. A lil local/internet buzz wouldve been cool with me.
  • LOLCL
    LOLCL Members Posts: 1,039 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    t. webb wrote: »
    A part of me still wants to be a rapper or producer just because of my passion for music in general...I'm still young to where I could work on my craft and maybe do something in the game...

If you always wanted to do it when you're young is the best time, go for it man.