Biggie Rating Rappers (Reposted just for the lolz)

Options

Comments

• soul rattler
    soul rattler Members Posts: 18,852 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    This is why Biggie was corny and overrated. They say we can't tell what he would've done after his 2nd album but it's clear that he was not willing to adapt to the times, grow, or be a self-conscious artist. He would have faded into obscurity and reduced to nothing more than a relic...a fat, corny, overrated relic that eats buckets of chicken naked in rooms full of men.
  • DMTxTHC
    DMTxTHC Members Posts: 14,218 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    LOL.. E-40 caught feelings like a ? over that interview..
  • DMTxTHC
    edited April 2013
    Options
    This is why Biggie was corny and overrated. They say we can't tell what he would've done after his 2nd album but it's clear that he was not willing to adapt to the times, grow, or be a self-conscious artist. He would have faded into obscurity and reduced to nothing more than a relic...a fat, corny, overrated relic that eats buckets of chicken naked in rooms full of men.
    Nooooo.. make it staaaaaaaaaahp..
  • _Menace_
    _Menace_ Members, Writer Posts: 26,613 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

how'd he catch feelings? Cause he had goons check biggie?
  • nineties
    nineties Members Posts: 506 ✭✭✭
    edited April 2013
    Options
    I remember this biggie rating ? years ago. I heard it was a hoax.
  • 32DaysOfInfiniti
    32DaysOfInfiniti Members Posts: 4,152 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2013
    Options
    I respect his honesty, but homie didnt have to get opinionated and disrepectful... He coulda died alot earlier had 40 not been a trill ? .
  • CirocObama
    CirocObama Members Posts: 3,825 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    It was strange that he didn't ? with Spice 1 tho. Maybe he had bad experiences with some of them before. I know the E-40 story but Spice 1, a zero?
  • *~queenbee~*
    *~queenbee~* Members Posts: 2,369 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I wonder what happened between him, E-40 and Spice 1.
  • Stomp Johnson
    Stomp Johnson Members, Writer Posts: 3,623 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Good drop. Thx for the re-up.
  • spit_fiya
    spit_fiya Members Posts: 2,531 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Is this real???
  • DMTxTHC
    edited April 2013
    Options
    _Menace_ wrote: »

how'd he catch feelings? Cause he had goons check biggie?
    40 couldn't handle a stranger's opinion over his music.. at least get on some emcee ? and get at Biggie on wax, sheesh..
  • rip.dilla
    rip.dilla Members Posts: 17,412 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    KingJamal wrote: »
    Naughty By Nature: I like all of ‘em. I got a relationship with Treach. I
    got a relationship with Vinnie and I got a relationship with K, but you
    know what I’m sayin’, the music itself it seems that they just wanna make
    that one hit. Once they got that one hit everything else don’t count.
    That’s why I can’t dig that. I want a ? that’s gonna be like, ‘Yo, I
    heard an album that’s like nine joints I like three, I like maybe the
    single, the remix. I don’t want no album like that.

He made some sense with the bolded . ..

That's sadly how some HipHop albums are produced today
  • 5th Letter
    5th Letter Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 37,068 Regulator
    Options
    He didn't even like Craig Mack even though they were probably label mates when this interview was done.
  • KingJamal
    KingJamal Members Posts: 20,652 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Baybey wrote: »
    Jamaica wrote: »
    He didn't even like Craig Mack even though they were probably label mates when this interview was done.

yup. he was kind of ignored lol

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bScnITG9sxk
    @Baybey

I can't stand looking @ Craig Mack...seriously lol

And lol @ Big just saying ? that dude

It always made me laff how Mack said "U won't be around next year" cuz he was basically talking about himself lmao
  • KingJamal
    Options

@Baybey

It always made me laff how Mack said "U won't be around next year" cuz he was basically talking about himself lmao

lol i felt bad about the 1st vid. he was pretty much chopped liver...yikes

@Baybey

Are u saying that's what his face looks like lmao?
  • KingJamal
    Options

@Baybey

@Baybey

lmao so wrong!

this freestyle is horrible, kind of embarrassing

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XF8LYGTAy_0

scroll to 3:50
    @Baybey

That was str8 doo doo grits lol
  • O.G.
    O.G. Members Posts: 7,555 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

? feelings. 40 was protecting his brand (his name). He had to check Biggie on a street level, Taking to wax would of been counter productive for 40 bcuz Biggie was more popular via the media. He could get on BET and MTV and say some ? and it becomes law. (kinda like the Nelly vs KRS beef). If 40 gets on the radio and talks ? about Biggie it prolly only gets noticed out west. (for example, look what he did to AZ and alot of people don't even know about it.) What 40 did was shut that hate talk from Biggie down real quick before it became popular perception in the media.

• DMTxTHC
    Options

? feelings. 40 was protecting his brand (his name). He had to check Biggie on a street level, Taking to wax would of been counter productive for 40 bcuz Biggie was more popular via the media. He could get on BET and MTV and say some ? and it becomes law. (kinda like the Nelly vs KRS beef). If 40 gets on the radio and talks ? about Biggie it prolly only gets noticed out west. (for example, look what he did to AZ and alot of people don't even know about it.) What 40 did was shut that hate talk from Biggie down real quick before it became popular perception in the media.

Talking ? on BET, MTV and the radio =/= making diss records..

You say he was protecting his brand, but if his music was up to par, then that wouldn't be an issue..

You say he was more popular via the media, but that would have gave 40 a platform for any diss records he could have put out, right?..

And Nelly vs KRS is too different to compare.. Nelly was like 2 years in the game at the time, whereas KRS was in for like 15-16 years..
  • ocelot
    ocelot Members Posts: 10,019 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Biggie was talking reckless... ? had a battery in his back.
  • O.G.
    O.G. Members Posts: 7,555 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

You say he was protecting his brand, but if his music was up to par, then that wouldn't be an issue..

You say he was more popular via the media, but that would have gave 40 a platform for any diss records he could have put out, right?..

And Nelly vs KRS is too different to compare.. Nelly was like 2 years in the game at the time, whereas KRS was in for like 15-16 years..

Most west coast artists were pretty much getting ignored by MTV and BET at the time. ? a diss record, who's gonna hear it outside of the west region? When I say "protect his brand" , fans can be gullible to perception. If a ? say you suck and you just sit back and say nothin' , your fans might start to believe that ? . Remember when Pac said that he ? Faith? ? was actually believing that ? . Sometimes in hip hop perception is reality to naive ass fans.

As far as Nelly vs KRS goes, Nelly's popularity at the time was at a high level. The fans not the music was deciding that battle. Unfair to KRS .
  • DMTxTHC
    Options

Most west coast artists were pretty much getting ignored by MTV and BET at the time. ? a diss record, who's gonna hear it outside of the west region? When I say "protect his brand" , fans can be gullible to perception. If a ? say you suck and you just sit back and say nothin' , your fans might start to believe that ? . Remember when Pac said that he ? Faith? ? was actually believing that ? . Sometimes in hip hop perception is reality to naive ass fans.

As far as Nelly vs KRS goes, Nelly's popularity at the time was at a high level. The fans not the music was deciding that battle. Unfair to KRS .
    @ the bolded: that's why I brought up the whole diss record situation..

And some ? still do believe Pac ? Faith, so I see what you mean..
  • 32DaysOfInfiniti
    32DaysOfInfiniti Members Posts: 4,152 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2013
    Options

Cause he did... And how is E-40 a ? , he wasnt the one giving his "scathing opinions" about ? he didnt even know. If 40 was so hurt he woulda made an example of ol' fat ass chatty Biggie for having his name in his mouth in the first place.

If you ask me Biggie was sounding like the one hurt, why'd he feel so strongly about E-40, 40 obviously didnt reciprocate that animosity.

And you must be a ? ? but in what world does it make you ? to respond when someone goes out of their way to not only disrespect your music, but you as man? Its not like dude was being factual or critical, just hating...

? got the game ? up in the IC Hood

• DMTxTHC
    edited April 2013
    Options

Cause he did... And how is E-40 a ? , he wasnt the one giving his "scathing opinions" about ? he didnt even know. If 40 was so hurt he woulda made an example of ol' fat ass chatty Biggie for having his name in his mouth in the first place.

If you ask me Biggie was sounding like the one hurt, why'd he feel so strongly about E-40, 40 obviously didnt reciprocate that animosity.

And you must be a ? ? but in what world does it make you ? to respond when someone goes out of their way to not only disrespect your music, but you as man? Its not like dude was being factual or critical, just hating...

? got the game ? up in the IC Hood
    Lol @ thinking a rapper is garbage = hating on a rapper.. and I said he "caught feelings like a ? ", not that he was one.. and Biggie spoke on E-40 because he was questioned about E-40, silly lil boy..

[biggie voice] stop ya bloodclot crying.. [/biggie voice]
  • 5th Letter
    5th Letter Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 37,068 Regulator
    Options

Please correct if i'm wrong but Big only said "he don't ? with dude" it wasn't like Big went on a rant about E-40 calling him all kinds of names. Unless there was another interview where Big did that, also once again correct me if i'm wrong but no one knew about this incident until it came out on that Beef DVD (or some other DVD) so Big's comment couldn't affect E-40 considering nobody knew about it like that.
  • KingJamal
    Options

@Baybey

@Baybey

lmao so wrong!

this freestyle is horrible, kind of embarrassing

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XF8LYGTAy_0

scroll to 3:50

@Baybey

I had to listen to this ? 1 mo time it was so bad

"2 elephants in my front yard..gift wrap em" lol wtf