Biggie Rating Rappers (Reposted just for the lolz)

Options
13»

Comments

• Undergroundraplegend
    Undergroundraplegend Members Posts: 2,247 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    LOL.. E-40 caught feelings like a ? over that interview..

? feelings. 40 was protecting his brand (his name). He had to check Biggie on a street level, Taking to wax would of been counter productive for 40 bcuz Biggie was more popular via the media. He could get on BET and MTV and say some ? and it becomes law. (kinda like the Nelly vs KRS beef). If 40 gets on the radio and talks ? about Biggie it prolly only gets noticed out west. (for example, look what he did to AZ and alot of people don't even know about it.) What 40 did was shut that hate talk from Biggie down real quick before it became popular perception in the media.

Talking ? on BET, MTV and the radio =/= making diss records..

You say he was protecting his brand, but if his music was up to par, then that wouldn't be an issue..

You say he was more popular via the media, but that would have gave 40 a platform for any diss records he could have put out, right?..

And Nelly vs KRS is too different to compare.. Nelly was like 2 years in the game at the time, whereas KRS was in for like 15-16 years..

Most west coast artists were pretty much getting ignored by MTV and BET at the time. ? a diss record, who's gonna hear it outside of the west region? When I say "protect his brand" , fans can be gullible to perception. If a ? say you suck and you just sit back and say nothin' , your fans might start to believe that ? . Remember when Pac said that he ? Faith? ? was actually believing that ? . Sometimes in hip hop perception is reality to naive ass fans.

As far as Nelly vs KRS goes, Nelly's popularity at the time was at a high level. The fans not the music was deciding that battle. Unfair to KRS .
    @ the bolded: that's why I brought up the whole diss record situation..

And some ? still do believe Pac ? Faith, so I see what you mean..

Because Pac did ? faith
  • O.G.
    O.G. Members Posts: 7,555 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Jamaica wrote: »

Please correct if i'm wrong but Big only said "he don't ? with dude" it wasn't like Big went on a rant about E-40 calling him all kinds of names. Unless there was another interview where Big did that, also once again correct me if i'm wrong but no one knew about this incident until it came out on that Beef DVD (or some other DVD) so Big's comment couldn't affect E-40 considering nobody knew about it like that.

40 took the zero rating as a diss. Big gave props to other west coast artists (snoop & eiht). So for Biggie to give 40 & Spice no love, maybe 40 sees that Biggie is disrespectin the Bay area rappers as being wack.

Maybe the reason no one knew about the incident is bcuz 40 just wanted to let Biggie know that he was dealin with a real ? and Biggie should keep his opinions to himself or deal with the consequences . Maybe 40 felt that he got his point across and there was no need to go public with it.

Real ? do real things.
  • Undergroundraplegend
    Undergroundraplegend Members Posts: 2,247 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    O.G.VETERAN

Yo whos that B in your sig.
  • O.G.
    Options
    O.G.VETERAN

Yo whos that B in your sig.

I have no clue.
  • nickel-us P
    nickel-us P Members Posts: 2,491 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    So wut did 40 do to AZ?
  • O.G.
    Options
  • T. Sanford
    T. Sanford Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 25,291 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I don't know but when someone say "I don't f**k with him". I look at that as a diss

40 is a trill ?
  • 5th Letter
    5th Letter Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 37,068 Regulator
    Options
    Jamaica wrote: »

Please correct if i'm wrong but Big only said "he don't ? with dude" it wasn't like Big went on a rant about E-40 calling him all kinds of names. Unless there was another interview where Big did that, also once again correct me if i'm wrong but no one knew about this incident until it came out on that Beef DVD (or some other DVD) so Big's comment couldn't affect E-40 considering nobody knew about it like that.

40 took the zero rating as a diss. Big gave props to other west coast artists (snoop & eiht). So for Biggie to give 40 & Spice no love, maybe 40 sees that Biggie is disrespectin the Bay area rappers as being wack.

Maybe the reason no one knew about the incident is bcuz 40 just wanted to let Biggie know that he was dealin with a real ? and Biggie should keep his opinions to himself or deal with the consequences . Maybe 40 felt that he got his point across and there was no need to go public with it.

Real ? do real things.

Big didn't hate on the Bay Area rappers, he gave Too Short his props. My point is that Big's opinion couldn't possibly affect E 40 like you're claiming, nobody knew about Big's comments on 40 or the incident after.
  • Disciplined InSight
    Disciplined InSight Members Posts: 13,478 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Daaaamn...didn't know AZ had some ill sayings toward 40 Water...smh.
  • T. Sanford
    T. Sanford Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 25,291 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Now that I read what he said about 40 water. That clearly was a diss

"I don't f**k with duke at all, AT ALL"

40 was in the right to check Biggie's temperature in the bay
  • Turfaholic
    Turfaholic Members Posts: 20,429 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    T. Sanford wrote: »
    Now that I read what he said about 40 water. That clearly was a diss

"I

I forgot how 40 used to be on wax

This used to slap in my dad Cadillac
  • unspoken_respect
    unspoken_respect Members Posts: 9,821 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    This would have been like one of those Complex articles when I see Too Short get a 10 and stop reading.
  • a_list
    a_list Members Posts: 4,886 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    lol....yo, seems like a lot of this is based off of who he dealt with....His rating on krs seems like it has little to so with music...yea too short getting a 10 is crazy lol,,,,not too big on spice 1 or e-40 but if short got a 10 them cats desevered at least a 5....lol
  • Tommy bilfiger
    Tommy bilfiger Members Posts: 22,675 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    E40 my boy and all but duke caught mad feelins just cuz a ? thought he was wacc

You gonna try to get a ? killed just cuz he called u a wacc rappa? Try to take a mans life over an opinion? West coast full of sensitive lames who deal wit emotions like ?
  • lethal5
    lethal5 Members Posts: 1,889 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I remember when this interview came out. It was from a free hip hop magazine in Toronto called PEACE Magazine.

The word "Hating", has got to be one of the wackest/pussiest contributions to hip hop. I'm waited for that word to get played out already. Every time u sincerely dis-agree with someone, they get all sensitive "Oh your hating on me."

Look, based on interviews E-40 seems to be a very respectable person, but the doesnt change the fact that his music comes as hella annoying with them wacky beats & severely off beat flow.

As a man, why cant u have the right to your own opinion. Especially in hip hop, I respect when your being honest not giving some politically correct answer. Thats one of the things that made hip hop so ill in the 1st place, is that ? were allowed to speak there mind.

Thats not "hating", its called keeping it one hunnid with yourself.
  • 32DaysOfInfiniti
    32DaysOfInfiniti Members Posts: 4,152 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2013
    Options
    @lethal5 I hate the hating cop out just as much as the next dude in hip hop but that doesnt mean hate doesnt exist.

What you just said wasnt hateful, you gave legitimate reasons as to why you dont like E-40, constructively critical. If you were just like "E-40 trash any way, i dont know who let that ? on the mic" thats an opinion, its not fact. Females and ? voice emotional opinions without logic, not "real ? ".

What Biggie said is equivalent to asking a Republican, what you think of Obama's new healthcare? and them responding "? that ? , black folks cant run no damn county". No matter why they said that, they just rendered anything they might actually know about the topic worthless, cause they just hating...

Whatever it was that Biggie didnt like, it obviously was deeper than music, and on the flipside E-40 wasnt really trippin or emo like yall makin him out to be. He didnt tell them dudes to check him, they did it on their own out of love for the big homie.

Yall can be all on his ? cause he is a legend and all but that doesnt take away the bitchmade ? he did, maybe if he wasnt such a shallow minded deusch he still be alive today... Just saying though, theirs a reason alot of ? beefed with BIG.

? , I'm not gonna cry about it, but guarantee if somebody say they dont ? with me at all, i'm liable to find out why, and it probably wont be on the best terms.
  • lethal5
    Options
    @lethal5 I hate the hating cop out just as much as the next dude in hip hop but that doesnt mean hate doesnt exist.

What you just said wasnt hateful, you gave legitimate reasons as to why you dont like E-40, constructively critical. If you were just like "E-40 trash any way, i dont know who let that ? on the mic" thats an opinion, its not fact. Females and ? voice emotional opinions without logic, not "real ? ".

What Biggie said is equivalent to asking a Republican, what you think of Obama's new healthcare? and them responding "? that ? , black folks cant run no damn county". No matter why they said that, they just rendered anything they might actually know about the topic worthless, cause they just hating...

Whatever it was that Biggie didnt like, it obviously was deeper than music, and on the flipside E-40 wasnt really trippin or emo like yall makin him out to be. He didnt tell them dudes to check him, they did it on their own out of love for the big homie.

Yall can be all on his ? cause he is a legend and all but that doesnt take away the bitchmade ? he did, maybe if he wasnt such a shallow minded deusch he still be alive today... Just saying though, theirs a reason alot of ? beefed with BIG.

? , I'm not gonna cry about it, but guarantee if somebody say they dont ? with me at all, i'm liable to find out why, and it probably wont be on the best terms.

I never met E-40 a day in my life, he could honestly be the coolest person on earth. But with that being said, I aint dissin his entire manhood, and i dont think Big was either. I think he was just saying he aint a fan of his music. Which I could understand cause I feel the same way bout e-40 "musically", being the key word. C-murder has the same type of flow, I cant stand his ass either. Its not personal, I just dont like there flow/music.

I'm pretty sure polka music might annoy you, dont u got the right to say it annoys you? That doesnt mean u your "hating" on the entire life of the guy that makes polka music.
  • lethal5
    Options
    I dont think Biggie was"Hating" whatsoever on E-40. I think he was just giving his unfiltered opinion, just like u do when your talking to one of your boys on the street.

? were just caught off guard cause he said it publicly.

Look, BIG is from NYC. He probably grew up on Rakim, Kane, Krs-1 etc., so to ask him how he feels about e-40 is definitely a step down from what he's use to (quality-wise)......whats the huge surprise he would feel that way toward e-40.

Its just like when older heads say that "Hip-Hop is not as good as it use to be". The new generation takes that statement as "Hating" on them. Its not Hating. New generation, go get your money, but we just wish the new generation would put as much effort into putting quality/originality into there overall music catolgue, just like they did in the old days. Not just making so called "hot" singles here and there.
  • Turfaholic
    Options
    lethal5 wrote: »
    I remember when this interview came out. It was from a free hip hop magazine in Toronto called PEACE Magazine.

The word "Hating", has got to be one of the wackest/pussiest contributions to hip hop. I'm waited for that word to get played out already. Every time u sincerely dis-agree with someone, they get all sensitive "Oh your hating on me."

Look, based on interviews E-40 seems to be a very respectable person, but the doesnt change the fact that his music comes as hella annoying with them wacky beats & severely off beat flow.

As a man, why cant u have the right to your own opinion. Especially in hip hop, I respect when your being honest not giving some politically correct answer. Thats one of the things that made hip hop so ill in the 1st place, is that ? were allowed to speak there mind.

Body bag meat shoulda said he don't ? with 40 in a more respectful way. He coulda said "nah I don't got a ear for son". But biggie tried to chump him off as some young punk. 40 pulled his card. That's what grown men do. Confront each other as men. Not send sumblinal disses n tweet. Yall New ? love a nice safe tweet.

• lethal5
    Options
    Turfaholic wrote: »

Body bag meat shoulda said he don't ? with 40 in a more respectful way. He coulda said "nah I don't got a ear for son". But biggie tried to chump him off as some young punk. 40 pulled his card. That's what grown men do. Confront each other as men. Not send sumblinal disses n tweet. Yall New ? love a nice safe tweet.

Dont get it twisted, I respect E-40's peoples move to check Biggie, as much as I respect Biggies comments. Biggie's comment coulda took food outta E-4o's family's mouth. On some dickriding ? , some ? could of been like, "Oh biggie dont ? with 40?, then I aint ? with 40 either"....So if 40 was behind Biggie getting checked, i respect his gangsta.

I guess all I'm tryin to say is be a man, and stand up for yours.

• O.G.
    Options

Dont get it twisted, I respect E-40's peoples move to check Biggie, as much as I respect Biggies comments. Biggie's comment coulda took food outta E-4o's family's mouth. On some dickriding ? , some ? could of been like, "Oh biggie dont ? with 40?, then I aint ? with 40 either"....So if 40 was behind Biggie getting checked, i respect his gangsta.

Kinda what I been saying in previous posts.
  • Turfaholic
    Options

Kinda what I been saying in previous posts.

Yessir

? got feelings and standing up for yaself confused. I can tell who was raised to defend themselves and who grew up as a victim.
  • choppa_style
    choppa_style Members Posts: 2,553 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    The thread title is misleading. He isn't rating these people as rappers, but he how feels about them as people.
  • lethal5
    Options
    The thread title is misleading. He isn't rating these people as rappers, but he how feels about them as people.

why u say that?