Azelia Banks goes off on Iggy Azeila for making XXL Freshman

Options

Comments

• poindexter2
    poindexter2 Members Posts: 4,352 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Can a female rapper with actually talent blow up without having to resort to attention seeking behavior like this?

nope because these young hoes just don't get it. They have been raised by single moms who vied for the attention of the dead beat daddy of the child. thats how they become attention ? .

• silverfoxx
    silverfoxx Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 11,704 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d0_GFLNNawU&feature=plcp&context=C33d125bUDOEgsToPDskJyWmFsHs2UosZ5OZ5Tetwp

She nice as ? too me. I was bout to get my current troll on but i respect ANY MC who isnt afraid to explore creativty. Hope this Banks chick dethrone Nicki Wack ass. Banks actually got bars too if u listen. Backfired thread tho lol
  • FuckAmazon.com
    FuckAmazon.com Members Posts: 7
    Options
    All these female rappers sound like kid sister....
  • FuckAmazon.com
    FuckAmazon.com Members Posts: 7
    Options
    http://youtu.be/AxewApoC0IE
    I thought kanye was comin out the closet after this one lol
  • Wild Self
    Wild Self Members Posts: 4,226 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    ? that white ? . next.

I dont know why ? are giving passes to disrespectful white people who emulate our culture of music

cause she a white chick. Like that V Nasty ? with them saying ? , ? ass rapper defend them for the sake of them getting in the ? .
  • Purr
    Purr Members Posts: 32,382 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    KingJamal wrote: »
    ? that white ? . next.

I dont know why ? are giving passes to disrespectful white people who emulate our culture of music
    I know we got problems with each other Charlie. But what u said is %100 on point.

I dont have any problems with you personally; just your ignorant comments :)

• Purr
    Purr Members Posts: 32,382 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    H-Rap 180 wrote: »
    ? that white ? . next.

You make a ? heart flutter when you talk like that....

aww :)

But real talk... If it wasnt for Gil Scott Heron or the Last Poets (BLACK PEOPLE) to create the prototype that we call hip hop today. Then, white ? like, IGGY, would not have a platform to voice their opinion except for rock and roll, which was ? rapped by the white masses, who took it from the legendary musician, Ike Turner/Little Richard.

So, ? her. ? her wack ass lyrics. ? her wack ass flow (because she is consistently off beat.) How do you be off beat on 4/4 rhythm? 4/4 gives you a WIDE range to use it's simplistic beat style to rhyme in any type of rhythmic patterns. Well, maybe not 2/3 for average people who arent musically inclined.. Exception to the rules are lazy bone (i believe), twista, and busta busta.

• Melanin_Enriched
    Melanin_Enriched Members Posts: 22,868 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Lol @ ? hoping she blow. If she does she gonna hit a nicki and end up doing ? ? at half time shows.
  • The Lonious Monk
    The Lonious Monk Members Posts: 26,258 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Both of them are garbage, so....whatever.
  • thefabmd2dc
    thefabmd2dc Members Posts: 2,572 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Azalea hates on Nicki too much for it to happen for her now but her starting a beef with Kreayshawn and Iggy could get her some promo.
  • Birdman's Hands
    Birdman's Hands Members Posts: 178 ✭✭
    Options
    allday1992 wrote:
    I don't know who either one of these hoes are but i gotta go with the black girl out of loyalty

• lamontbdc
    lamontbdc Members Posts: 18,824 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    both of these hoes are super wack. i'm sure glad i got go go for my daughter to grow up on this ? is a dam shame.
  • KillaCham
    KillaCham Members, Moderators Posts: 11,417 Regulator
    edited February 2012
    Options
    Lol y'all so here for her but she's not here for y'all. Azealia is down for the hipsters, the hypebeasts. She's not about blacks, she's just all about making disparaging remarks in regards to another female emcee, AGAIN.

She's doing songs with Scissor Sisters, Lana Del Rey, M.I.A.... again, shes not here for the Urban audience. You better realize it now because 10 months from here you will be hearing her album and asking "What happened?".

You should have realized this when Karl Lagerfeld (who's used how many black models in the past 7 years? 2?) had her perform at his house for his dinner guests after saying "no black model is sufficiently special to be a star today". Smh
  • H-Rap 180
    H-Rap 180 Members Posts: 15,452 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    ? that white ? . next.

But real talk... If it wasnt for Gil Scott Heron or the Last Poets (BLACK PEOPLE) to create the prototype that we call hip hop today. Then, white ? like, IGGY, would not have a platform to voice their opinion except for rock and roll, which was ? rapped by the white masses, who took it from the legendary musician, Ike Turner/Little Richard.

So, ? her. ? her wack ass lyrics. ? her wack ass flow (because she is consistently off beat.) How do you be off beat on 4/4 rhythm? 4/4 gives you a WIDE range to use it's simplistic beat style to rhyme in any type of rhythmic patterns. Well, maybe not 2/3 for average people who arent musically inclined.. Exception to the rules are lazy bone (i believe), twista, and busta busta.

Can't argue with that Sis.

Based on industry trends from 2011 until now it's obvious that an agenda is being pushed in HipHop.

When you see a XXL freshman list with 3 white rappers and no A$AP Rocky, Los, Dom Kennedy, Emilio Rojas, Schoolboy Q, or Stalley but you see some garbage white chick from Australia then there's a problem and an agenda.

yeah she off-beat, she lacks rhythm but her audience doesent have rhythm anyway so they can vibe to her frequency and give her a pass for referring to herself as a slave-master and everything is cool because she has the complexion for the connection.

this ain't nothing new if you study the history of our cultural art forms.
  • lamontbdc
    Options
    H-Rap 180 wrote:
    ? that white ? . next.

Based on industry trends from 2011 until now it's obvious that an agenda is being pushed in HipHop.

When you see a XXL freshman list with 3 white rappers and no A$AP Rocky, Los, Dom Kennedy, Emilio Rojas, Schoolboy Q, or Stalley but you see some garbage white chick from Australia then there's a problem and an agenda.

yeah she off-beat, she lacks rhythm but her audience doesent have rhythm anyway so they can vibe to her frequency and give her a pass for referring to herself as a slave-master and everything is cool because she has the complexion for the connection.

this is white man fuckery 101. now that the execs have fully realized that they don't even have to market or pretend to cater our own music to our own ppl anymore. They can cater it to white folks and still make a profit. While they push whitey onto the black fan base over and over til folks say you know she's alright. It's like the white Republican's that don't even waste their time campaigning to get black votes. it's why they don't even care to show up and speak at NAACP conventions. they know they can win and get by just on the strength of white ppl. That's why they don't give a ? and just say any ? thing
  • H-Rap 180
    Options
    lamontbdc wrote: »
    H-Rap 180 wrote:
    ? that white ? . next.

this is white man fuckery 101. now that the execs have fully realized that they don't even have to market or pretend to cater our own music to our own ppl anymore. They can cater it to white folks and still make a profit. While they push whitey onto the black fan base over and over til folks say you know she's alright. It's like the white Republican's that don't even waste their time campaigning to get black votes. it's why they don't even care to show up and speak at NAACP conventions. they know they can win and get by just on the strength of white ppl. That's why they don't give a ? and just say any ? thing

HipHop is now officially HipsterHop in the mainstream, and the rest is Hip-Pop.

....? Drake and Nicki do almost as much singing as they do rapping and T.I., and B.O.B are Atlantic record slaves ready to Pop their music out and Lupe ain't no better. Look at JayZ & Kanye on that Euro-vibe like that's a reflection of the culture.

I won't even start with Wayne....J. Cole came through for us but his personality is so bland the streets ain't listening

Why even have your Black artists attempt to crossover when you can just get a Mac Miller or Iggy Izzlia to go straight to the source?

• idoitforhiphop10
    idoitforhiphop10 Members Posts: 5,973 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    This is my first and last time hearin about both of them.
  • Wild Self
    Options
    ? that white ? . next.

cause she a white chick. Like that V Nasty ? with them saying ? , ? ass rapper defend them for the sake of them getting in the ? .
    H-Rap 180 wrote:
    ? that white ? . next.

....? Drake and Nicki do almost as much singing as they do rapping and T.I., and B.O.B are Atlantic record slaves ready to Pop their music out and Lupe ain't no better. Look at JayZ & Kanye on that Euro-vibe like that's a reflection of the culture.

I won't even start with Wayne....J. Cole came through for us but his personality is so bland the streets ain't listening

Why even have your Black artists attempt to crossover when you can just get a Mac Miller or Iggy Izzlia to go straight to the source?

Damn shame. You should make another thread about Hipsters in 2012.

• blackbloc
    blackbloc Members Posts: 3,502 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    this ? mad asap rocky ? the white girl and not her.
  • H-Rap 180
    Options
    Wild Self wrote: »
    ? that white ? . next.

H-Rap 180 wrote:
    ? that white ? . next.

I'm going to do an article on the white-washing and another article on the Hipster movement.

It's fascinating to see the gradual shift from the prototypical street/hood rapper to the college/hipster prototype.

I see a lot more Wale/J.Cole/Mac Millers and a lot less T.I./Jeezy/Wocka's in the future.....

• lamontbdc
    Options
    dam we have hit the point of no return
  • georgia boi
    georgia boi Members Posts: 3,359 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    When people realize that XXL is/has been trolling the Hip Hop community, the less attention will be paid to stuff like this. This has nothing to do with the music on XXL's part. It gets people talking about the cover which leads to more views for the website and more people checking for the mag. If any or all of these artists blow up, then it's a bonus for XXL b/c they get to take credit for being "ahead of the wave". When artists are turning down the cover, the credibility of such a cover is damaged. Every year, the Freshman cover is the one that's mentioned on most blogs and theirs crickets when XXL announce their other covers. This is the information age, people were already up on most of these artists before they do these covers. In fact, most or all of those artists have been featured in the "Show & Prove" section of the mag before doing the cover.

The back and forth arguing over who made the cover is just free promo.
  • Wild Self
    Options
    Wild Self wrote: »
    ? that white ? . next.

H-Rap 180 wrote:
    ? that white ? . next.

I'm going to do an article on the white-washing and another article on the Hipster movement.

It's fascinating to see the gradual shift from the prototypical street/hood rapper to the college/hipster prototype.

I see a lot more Wale/J.Cole/Mac Millers and a lot less T.I./Jeezy/Wocka's in the future.....

I blame it on the ? era dying and the massive amounts of interracial kids growing up.

@Lamontbdc we really did reach the point of no return. And it looks like that trap rap is the last real street based movement that is popular in the mainstream. Once that goes, emo rap will totally take over.
  • High Revolutionary
    High Revolutionary Members Posts: 3,729 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2012
    Options
    Like I said in another thread it's a wrap for hip-hop. The ofays have taken it over.

Elvis is the highest selling rock and roll artist of all time.

Eric Clapton is the highest selling blues artist of all time.

Kenny G is the highest selling jazz musician of all time.

Eminem is the highest selling hip-hop artist of all time.

See a pattern?