Azelia Banks goes off on Iggy Azeila for making XXL Freshman

Options
124»

Comments

• Michael_Malice
    Michael_Malice Members Posts: 17,415 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    So this white girl is with TIP and Grand Hustle. Interesting.
  • R.D.
    R.D. Members Posts: 20,156 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    well id smash iggy but before banks
  • StillFaggyAF
    StillFaggyAF Members Posts: 40,358 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    i don't see the problem with a J Cole or a Wale
    H-Rap 180 wrote: »
    Wild Self wrote: »
    ? that white ? . next.

I dont know why ? are giving passes to disrespectful white people who emulate our culture of music

cause she a white chick. Like that V Nasty ? with them saying ? , ? ass rapper defend them for the sake of them getting in the ? .
    lamontbdc wrote: »
    H-Rap 180 wrote:
    ? that white ? . next.

I dont know why ? are giving passes to disrespectful white people who emulate our culture of music
    You make a ? heart flutter when you talk like that....

aww :)

But real talk... If it wasnt for Gil Scott Heron or the Last Poets (BLACK PEOPLE) to create the prototype that we call hip hop today. Then, white ? like, IGGY, would not have a platform to voice their opinion except for rock and roll, which was ? rapped by the white masses, who took it from the legendary musician, Ike Turner/Little Richard.

So, ? her. ? her wack ass lyrics. ? her wack ass flow (because she is consistently off beat.) How do you be off beat on 4/4 rhythm? 4/4 gives you a WIDE range to use it's simplistic beat style to rhyme in any type of rhythmic patterns. Well, maybe not 2/3 for average people who arent musically inclined.. Exception to the rules are lazy bone (i believe), twista, and busta busta.

Can't argue with that Sis.

Based on industry trends from 2011 until now it's obvious that an agenda is being pushed in HipHop.

When you see a XXL freshman list with 3 white rappers and no A$AP Rocky, Los, Dom Kennedy, Emilio Rojas, Schoolboy Q, or Stalley but you see some garbage white chick from Australia then there's a problem and an agenda.

yeah she off-beat, she lacks rhythm but her audience doesent have rhythm anyway so they can vibe to her frequency and give her a pass for referring to herself as a slave-master and everything is cool because she has the complexion for the connection.

this ain't nothing new if you study the history of our cultural art forms.

this is white man fuckery 101. now that the execs have fully realized that they don't even have to market or pretend to cater our own music to our own ppl anymore. They can cater it to white folks and still make a profit. While they push whitey onto the black fan base over and over til folks say you know she's alright. It's like the white Republican's that don't even waste their time campaigning to get black votes. it's why they don't even care to show up and speak at NAACP conventions. they know they can win and get by just on the strength of white ppl. That's why they don't give a ? and just say any ? thing

HipHop is now officially HipsterHop in the mainstream, and the rest is Hip-Pop.

....? Drake and Nicki do almost as much singing as they do rapping and T.I., and B.O.B are Atlantic record slaves ready to Pop their music out and Lupe ain't no better. Look at JayZ & Kanye on that Euro-vibe like that's a reflection of the culture.

I won't even start with Wayne....J. Cole came through for us but his personality is so bland the streets ain't listening

Why even have your Black artists attempt to crossover when you can just get a Mac Miller or Iggy Izzlia to go straight to the source?

Damn shame. You should make another thread about Hipsters in 2012.

I'm going to do an article on the white-washing and another article on the Hipster movement.

It's fascinating to see the gradual shift from the prototypical street/hood rapper to the college/hipster prototype.

I see a lot more Wale/J.Cole/Mac Millers and a lot less T.I./Jeezy/Wocka's in the future.....

• H-Rap 180
    H-Rap 180 Members Posts: 15,452 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    So this white girl is with TIP and Grand Hustle. Interesting.

The labels recognize that it's easier for white artists to be successful when they have ? co-signs early and often in their careers.

Marshall Mathers benefited tremendously from Dr Dre & 50-Cent co-signs.

So dont be surprised when MGK is doing songs with Wocka or when raps biggest ? Gucci-Mane is recruited to legitimize V-Nasty and extinguish the flames on the N-Word controversy.

2-Chaiz feat Kreayshawn.....Juicy J feat Kreayshawn.....T.I. babysitting Iggy Azeili...

Do you see a pattern here?

• Michael_Malice
    Michael_Malice Members Posts: 17,415 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    @H-Rap

That's some real ? and it makes sense. A strong ? co-sign can definitely be beneficial and it's been proven time and time again. It will be interesting to see where this goes. Is a Clifford co-sign powerful enough to push her into the mainstream?
  • lamontbdc
    lamontbdc Members Posts: 18,824 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2012
    Options
    Wild Self wrote:
    Wild Self wrote: »
    ? that white ? . next.

cause she a white chick. Like that V Nasty ? with them saying ? , ? ass rapper defend them for the sake of them getting in the ? .
    lamontbdc wrote: »
    H-Rap 180 wrote:
    ? that white ? . next.

You make a ? heart flutter when you talk like that....

aww :)

But real talk... If it wasnt for Gil Scott Heron or the Last Poets (BLACK PEOPLE) to create the prototype that we call hip hop today. Then, white ? like, IGGY, would not have a platform to voice their opinion except for rock and roll, which was ? rapped by the white masses, who took it from the legendary musician, Ike Turner/Little Richard.

So, ? her. ? her wack ass lyrics. ? her wack ass flow (because she is consistently off beat.) How do you be off beat on 4/4 rhythm? 4/4 gives you a WIDE range to use it's simplistic beat style to rhyme in any type of rhythmic patterns. Well, maybe not 2/3 for average people who arent musically inclined.. Exception to the rules are lazy bone (i believe), twista, and busta busta.

Can't argue with that Sis.

Based on industry trends from 2011 until now it's obvious that an agenda is being pushed in HipHop.

When you see a XXL freshman list with 3 white rappers and no A$AP Rocky, Los, Dom Kennedy, Emilio Rojas, Schoolboy Q, or Stalley but you see some garbage white chick from Australia then there's a problem and an agenda.

yeah she off-beat, she lacks rhythm but her audience doesent have rhythm anyway so they can vibe to her frequency and give her a pass for referring to herself as a slave-master and everything is cool because she has the complexion for the connection.

this ain't nothing new if you study the history of our cultural art forms.

this is white man fuckery 101. now that the execs have fully realized that they don't even have to market or pretend to cater our own music to our own ppl anymore. They can cater it to white folks and still make a profit. While they push whitey onto the black fan base over and over til folks say you know she's alright. It's like the white Republican's that don't even waste their time campaigning to get black votes. it's why they don't even care to show up and speak at NAACP conventions. they know they can win and get by just on the strength of white ppl. That's why they don't give a ? and just say any ? thing

HipHop is now officially HipsterHop in the mainstream, and the rest is Hip-Pop.

....? Drake and Nicki do almost as much singing as they do rapping and T.I., and B.O.B are Atlantic record slaves ready to Pop their music out and Lupe ain't no better. Look at JayZ & Kanye on that Euro-vibe like that's a reflection of the culture.

I won't even start with Wayne....J. Cole came through for us but his personality is so bland the streets ain't listening

Why even have your Black artists attempt to crossover when you can just get a Mac Miller or Iggy Izzlia to go straight to the source?

Damn shame. You should make another thread about Hipsters in 2012.

I'm going to do an article on the white-washing and another article on the Hipster movement.

It's fascinating to see the gradual shift from the prototypical street/hood rapper to the college/hipster prototype.

I see a lot more Wale/J.Cole/Mac Millers and a lot less T.I./Jeezy/Wocka's in the future.....

I blame it on the ? era dying and the massive amounts of interracial kids growing up.

@Lamontbdc we really did reach the point of no return. And it looks like that trap rap is the last real street based movement that is popular in the mainstream. Once that goes, emo rap will totally take over.

@Wild Self 2 great points Society as a whole has changed for the better in many aspects for the black community. I mean look at how much hip hop has changed pertaining go females. in the 90';s it was how can you keep dissing black women and all that ? . Now you can't even find a song where a ? isn't rapping about simping.

I mean its know cool to rap about paying for ? and being a simp to females. ? openly rap about paying for ? Why b/c they don't have to cater to street ? anymore. They cater to gumps and simps in the burbs who do these type os simpish acts. and of course the ladies love it and consume that ? .
  • Wild Self
    Wild Self Members Posts: 4,226 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    @ Lamontbdc Guess these are the times. Simps and emos are the new gangstas in terms of popularity.
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 0 Regulator
    Options
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Wild Self
    Wild Self Members Posts: 4,226 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    TheJamel wrote: »
    but most you ? mad about the slave mast comment, were in here pumping up them gutter moufed white ? mob when they were playing with their words... now look what you idiots done did.

this is all your fault.

hardly. These white female MCs are gimmicks.

• DOPEdweebz
    DOPEdweebz Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 29,364 Regulator
    Options
    lol@ their names... of course they gonna have beef!