Why do/don't you believe in ? ?

Options

Comments

• maestro_lungs
    maestro_lungs Members Posts: 255
    Options
    Maestro - the Bible condemns wickedness and lawlessness that is consistent all throughout the Book. It doesn't condemn outside info that's taking it too far. Men stay taking stuff too far that's one of the problem, not the Bible. Also the OT wad fulfilled by Jesus and upgraded with the NT law of Christ. The OT is for learning, we need it for that and understanding. The OT does not contain the plan of salvation in it.

Yes it Does. It Tells You to Stay Away from Non Believers & Condemn any Outside Info They Might Have, Especially if it Contradicts anything the bible Says.. It Teaches you to Judge other religions for not following Christ:

Whoever denies “that Jesus is the Christ” is a liar and an anti-Christ. 1 John 2:22

Christians are “of ? ;” everyone else is wicked. 1 John 5:19

The non-Christian is “a deceiver and an anti-Christ” 2 John 1:7

Anyone who doesn’t share Paul’s beliefs has “an evil heart.” Hebrews 3:12

False Jews are members of “the synagogue of Satan.” Revelations 2:9, 3:9

That's Not Men Taking it Too Far Those are The Books Words & You'd Think a Book From a Supposed Perfect Being would be a Perfect Text & Clarity for all Men Regardless of where they Live or Degree of Reading Skill.
    The 10 Commandments is not Part of The Plan for Salvation? That's in the O.T
  • VIBE
    VIBE Members Posts: 54,384 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    VIBE wrote: »
    Crazy how the old laws are done away with and new ones are implemented. Thought ? was "never changing", *shrugs*

They didn't change...Christ amplified them for better understanding.

You have to understand The Messiah was living during the Old Testament times and the religious leaders (Pharisees) were very strict and the main lawkeepers, basically they were the main restrainers of the people. Christ came to free those restraints and give clarity to the laws.

The Old Testament is much older and explains the history of ? , the Israelites, etc., and it prophecies that there will one day come a messiah which will fulfill the old law and make all of the laws in the Old Testament (concerning things like not eating pork or shellfish, etc., and requiring sacrifice to atone for sins, etc) obsolete. It describes how someone will recognize the messiah when he comes (born of a ? and so forth).

In the New Testament (which is only a couple of thousand years old), Jesus appears. He claims he is the messiah and he does meet all of the prophecies of the Old Testament. He teaches a new law, one which focuses on a person's heart more than their obedience to law. There are still commandments but salvation is received through the grace of ? by having a personal relationship with Jesus. The New Testament makes the Old Testament obsolete

So NOTHING changed?
  • maestro_lungs
    Options
    I am so tired of Christians manipulating the scriptures so that they can assign a kinder nature to their ? , that I have assembled a BRIEF list of verses which clearly show that the Old Testament is not to be ignored. Its laws should indeed be adhered to, for the New Testament demands it!
    1) “For truly, I say to you, till heaven and earth pass away, not an iota, not a dot, will pass the law until all is accomplished. Whoever then relaxes one of the least of these commandments and teaches men so, shall be called least in the kingdom of heaven; but he who does them and teaches them shall be called great in the kingdom of heaven.” (Matthew 5:18-19 RSV) Clearly the Old Testament is to be abided by until the end of human existence itself. None other then Jesus said so.

2) All of the vicious Old Testament laws will be binding forever. "It is easier for Heaven and Earth to pass away than for the smallest part of the letter of the law to become invalid." (Luke 16:17 NAB)

3) Jesus strongly approves of the law and the prophets. He hasn’t the slightest objection to the cruelties of the Old Testament. "Do not think that I have come to abolish the law or the prophets. I have come not to abolish but to fulfill. Amen, I say to you, until heaven and earth pass away, not the smallest part or the smallest part of a letter will pass from the law, until all things have taken place." (Matthew 5:17 NAB)

3b) "All scripture is inspired by ? and is useful for teaching, for refutation, for correction, and for training in righteousness..." (2 Timothy 3:16 NAB)

3c) "Know this first of all, that there is no prophecy of scripture that is a matter of personal interpretation, for no prophecy ever came through human will; but rather human beings moved by the holy Spirit spoke under the influence of ? ." (2 Peter 20-21 NAB)

4) Jesus criticizes the Jews for not killing their disobedient children according to Old Testament law. Mark.7:9-13 "Whoever curses father or mother shall die" (Mark 7:10 NAB)

5) Jesus is criticized by the Pharisees for not washing his hands before eating. He defends himself by attacking them for not killing disobedient children according to the commandment: “He that curseth father or mother, let him die the death.” (Matthew 15:4-7)

6) Jesus has a punishment even worse than his father concerning adultery: ? said the act of adultery was punishable by death. Jesus says looking with ? is the same thing and you should gouge your eye out, better a part, than the whole. The punishment under Jesus is an eternity in Hell. (Matthew 5:27)

7) Peter says that all slaves should “be subject to [their] masters with all fear,” to the bad and cruel as well as the “good and gentle.” This is merely an echo of the same slavery commands in the Old Testament. 1 Peter 2:18

8) “Did not Moses give you the law, and yet none of you keepeth the law" (John7:19) and “For the law was given by Moses,..." (John 1:17).

9) “...the scripture cannot be broken.” --Jesus Christ, John 10:35
  • Disciplined InSight
    Disciplined InSight Members Posts: 13,478 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Crazy how the old laws are done away with and new ones are implemented. Thought ? was "never changing", *shrugs*

You have to understand The Messiah was living during the Old Testament times and the religious leaders (Pharisees) were very strict and the main lawkeepers, basically they were the main restrainers of the people. Christ came to free those restraints and give clarity to the laws.

The Messiah is a Work of Fiction. Do You Have Any Proof of His Existence Other Than your Bible? Prior to 33-36 CE, when Paul started sharing his stories, there was no mention of the figure Jesus Christ nor did this savior have any known following. So where did the story of Jesus come from? As with all great stories told over the centuries the story of Jesus has many origins and developed more and more during each retelling. What started out as Paul's imagination and personal interpentation of Hebrew scriptures eventually became the Jesus we know today through an accumilation of traits pulled from various stories and storytellers.

Work of fiction? ? please where's your proof of this work of fiction?.... You only object to The Messiah's existence because you lean on understandings from sources in the same mind as you and stone hardened disbelief. There are many true historical accounts by about Yeshua that are not just in scripture( Josephus ben Mattathias, Lucian of Samosate and Cornelius Tacitus. And these are secular historians....you can research for yourself.

As for Paul it's true that he did not meet Christ in person, but Paul has spent time with Peter who he was under which is recorded in Acts. but Paul's teachings about The Messiah were a deeper esoteric knowledge (justification of faith, not works) of the Hebrew scripture beyond the laws and commandments, but you have to take it with a grain of salt because in honesty there have been many disagreements with Paul's writings. But Peter (one of Messiah's trusted followers) agreed with Paul and stood up for him regardless of what others thought.
  • Disciplined InSight
    Disciplined InSight Members Posts: 13,478 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

The Old Testament is much older and explains the history of ? , the Israelites, etc., and it prophecies that there will one day come a messiah which will fulfill the old law and make all of the laws in the Old Testament (concerning things like not eating pork or shellfish, etc., and requiring sacrifice to atone for sins, etc) obsolete. It describes how someone will recognize the messiah when he comes (born of a ? and so forth).

In the New Testament (which is only a couple of thousand years old), Jesus appears. He claims he is the messiah and he does meet all of the prophecies of the Old Testament. He teaches a new law, one which focuses on a person's heart more than their obedience to law. There are still commandments but salvation is received through the grace of ? by having a personal relationship with Jesus. The New Testament makes the Old Testament obsolete

So NOTHING changed?

No because the law is in our hearts as it always been (Hebrews 10:16) so being that Christ endured throughout the laws and never broke any of them faith has to placed in him to do the same.
  • maestro_lungs
    Options
    Proof of Work of Fiction? You want me To Prove its Fiction as Opposed to You Proving it Isn't . Let's Start Off with This The gospels are not eyewitness accounts and were written 36-65 years after Jesus' supposed death. None of the writers claim to be eyewitnesses, Matthew is written completely in third person (e.g. Matthew 9:9), and the author of John claims he is not the disciple John (John 21:24). The followers of Jesus were Aramaic speaking peasants from Galilee, lower class men that are not educated and could not have written the gospels in Greek. All the gospels were written anonymously and the names Matthew, Mark, Luke, and John were simply applied to the unnamed writings by later readers and named after characters in the stories.
    Acts 4:13 even says Peter and John were uneducated and ignorant men.

Lucian of Samosate & The reference to Jesus in "The Passing of Peregrinus" is describing what Christians believe in, it is NOT suggesting that these beliefs were true. The Passing of Peregrinus is also a satire, a work of fiction.

• Lucian was a satirist, not a historian
    • Lucian was not born until 125 CE

According to Paul his knowledge of Jesus was revealed to him through a divinely guided interpetation of Hebrew scriptures instead of a historic event just 20 years earlier. The knowledge of Jesus dying for our sins, being buried, and rising on the third day is all "according to the scriptures" and "made known through the prophetic writings." Paul never mentions having any encounter with Jesus and only quotes scripture, not Jesus. He specifically says that his knowledge of Jesus was not received from another man nor was it taught to him.

Romans 16:25-26 "Now to him who is able to establish you by my gospel and the proclamation of Jesus Christ, according to the revelation of the mystery hidden for long ages past, but now revealed and made known through the prophetic writings by the command of the eternal ? , so that all nations might believe and obey him"

Galatians 1:11-12 "But I certify you, brethren, that the gospel which was preached of me is not after man. For I neither received it of man, neither was I taught it, but by the revelation of Jesus Christ."
    It is important to note that it was a revelation OF Jesus Christ and not FROM Jesus Christ as some modern Bibles like the NIV falsely translate it.
  • maestro_lungs
    Options
    The Antiquities of the Jews is NOT based on historical events. Right in the preface Josephus tells us that the history he is writing about is based on Hebrew scriptures and religious books. Hence why Jesephus' Antiquities not only mentions Jesus but also describes ? 's creation of the earth, Adam & Eve, Noah & the flood, the Tower of Babel, the 10 Plagues, and the parting of the sea.

"Now I have undertaken the present work, as thinking it will appear to all the Greeks worthy of their study; for it will contain all our antiquities, and the constitution of our government, as interpreted out of the Hebrew Scriptures." "I shall now betake myself to the history before me, after I have first mentioned what Moses says of the creation of the world, which I find described in the sacred books after the manner following." - Antiquities of the Jews -- Preface

• Josephus was not even born until 37 CE
    • Antiquities of the Jews was not written until 94 CE
    • Antiquities of the Jews is based on religious texts, not history.
    • Josephus was an orthodox Jew and never believed in a savior named Jesus Christ

Now Let';s Talk About The Stories That Jesus Story was Stolen From

Like Horus. Of all the savior-gods worshiped Horus may have contributed more to the story of Christ than any other figure. Inscribed about 3,500 years ago [1500 years before Jesus' alleged advent] on the walls of the Temple at Luxor were images of the Annunciation, Immaculate Conception, and Adoration of Horus. It tells of Thoth announcing to the ? Isis that she will conceive Horus; with Kneph the "Holy Ghost" impregnating the ? ; and with the birth being attended by three kings, or magi, bearing gifts. Countless parallels can be found when comparing stories of Horus to the stories of Jesus.

• maestro_lungs
    Options
    @Disciplined Insight Here Go Your Story of Jesus Ancient Egyptians noticed that from summer solstice to the winter solstice as the sun moves south, from the perspective of the northern hemisphere, days became shorter and colder. This was traditionally thought to be symbolic of death since the crops would start dying off and the warmth of the sun's life become scarcer and replaced by the bitter cold. On December 22nd the sun makes it to the lowest point in the sky and stops traveling south. During the three darkest days of the year (22nd, 23rd, 24th) the sun does not travel south or north and appears to stand still as if it had died for the three days. On December 25th the sun starts moving north again foreshadowing longer days and the "coming back to life" notion of spring.

The resurrection of the sun was not celebrated until the spring equinox, or Easter, because that's when the sun officially over powers the darkness and daytime becomes longer than night

All This is Just a Coincidence to You I Guess!
  • maestro_lungs
    Options
    Here's a Great Doc on The Subject

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/CB4zYq4DmLo&quot; frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

If That Embedded ? don't Work Here's The Link about Jesus Not Existing http://youtu.be/CB4zYq4DmLo
  • alissowack
    alissowack Members Posts: 1,930 ✭✭✭
    edited July 2012
    Options
    For those of you Christians who disregard the Old Testament (even though Christ said it was forever binding), I have gathered together a great law from the New Testament. Romans 1 :29-32 “Those filled with unrighteousness, fornication, wickedness, covetousness, maliciousness; envy, murder, debate, deceit, malignity; whisperers, backbiters, hate for ? , despite, proud, boasters, inventions of evil things, disobedience to parents, without understanding, covenant breakers, unnatural affection, implacable or unmerciful nature: Who knowing the judgment of ? , that they which commit such things are worthy of death”.

Now I have had the displeasure of meeting many a Christian and I have one to meet as of yet, whom according to this list, are NOT worthy of death.

In my opinion it is only fair that if the commandments are to be displayed, so should the penalties for breaking those commandments.

1st. Commandment, Exodus 20:3 “Thou shalt have no other gods before me”. Old Testament punishment - Deuteronomy 17:1-5 “And hath gone and served other gods, and worshipped them, either the sun, or moon, or any of the host of heavens, which I have not commanded. Then shalt thou bring forth that man or that woman, which have committed that wicked thing and shalt stone them with stones, till they die”. Deuteronomy 13:6-10, “If thy brother, the son of thy mother, or thy son, or thy daughter, or the wife of thy ? , or thy friend, which is of thine own soul, entice thee secretly, saying, Let us go and serve other gods, which thou hast not known, thou, nor thy fathers; Thou shalt not consent unto him, nor hearken unto him; neither shall thine eye pity him, neither shalt thou spare, neither shalt thou conceal him: But thou shalt surely ? him; thine hand shall be first upon him to put him to death, and afterwards the hand of all the people. Thou shalt stone him with stones, that he die; because he hath sought to thrust thee away from the Lord thy ? ." Exodus 22:20 “He that sacrificeth unto any ? , save unto the Lord only, he shall be utterly destroyed”. New Testament punishment - Mark 16:16 “He that believeth not, shall be damned”.

2nd. Commandment, Exodus 20:4 “Thou shalt not make unto thee any graven image, or any likeness of anything that is in heaven above, or that is on the earth beneath, or that is in the water below.” Old Testament punishment- Deuteronomy 27: 1 5 “Cursed be the man that maketh any graven or molten image.” That’s right kids don’t EVER draw, sculpt or paint or else ? will curse you. Wanna be an artist, a photographer, take a picture of yourself or family? TOO BAD, ? says no! You better drop out of art class before he smites you with boils.

3rd. Commandment, Exodus 20:7 “Thou shalt not take the name of the Lord in vain”. Old Testament punishment - Leviticus 24:16 “And he that blasphemeth the name of the Lord, he shall surely be put to death”, New Testament punishment - Matthew 12:32 “Whosoever speaketh against the Holy Ghost, it shall not be forgiven him, neither in this world, neither in the world to come”. Mark 3:29 - “He that shall blaspheme against the Holy Ghost hath never forgivness, but is in danger of eternal damnation”.

4th. Commandment, Exodus 20:8 “Remember the Sabbath day, to keep it holy”. Old Testament punishment - Exodus 31:15 “Whosoever shall work in the Sabbath day, he shall surely be put to death”. Numbers 15:32. “And while the children of Israel were in the wilderness, they found a man that gathered sticks upon the Sabbath day…And all the congregation brought him without the camp, and stoned him with stones, and he died; as the Lord commanded Moses.”

5th. Commandment, Exodus 20:12 “Honour thy father and thy mother”. Old Testament punishment - Exodus 21:15-17 “And he that smiteth his father, or his mother, shall be surely put to death”. More punishment - Exodus 21:17 “And he that curseth his father, or his mother, shall surely be put to death”.

6th. Commandment, Exodus 20:13 “Thou shalt not ? ”. Strangely enough this is a commandment despite all the punishments that require death in the New Testament and the Old Testament. How can thou not ? when thou is commanded to ? at the same time? This hypocrisy should be pointed out if the ten commandments are posted in schools, court rooms and buildings of legislation. The confusion of this commandment would surely bring capitol punishment into question.

7th. Commandment, Exodus 20:14 “Thou shalt not commit adultery”. Old Testament punishment - Leviticus 20:10 “And the man that committeth adultery with another man’s wife, the adulterer and the adulteress shall be put to death”.

I Could Go On, But You Get the Picture

What's interesting about this is...I was just talking about how no one can earn ? 's Favor to you and you was refuting that the Bible is not saying that. Yet, you use the Ten Commandments to make the point that "Christians" deserves to die based on inability to keep these commandments.
  • alissowack
    alissowack Members Posts: 1,930 ✭✭✭
    Options
    I am so tired of Christians manipulating the scriptures so that they can assign a kinder nature to their ? , that I have assembled a BRIEF list of verses which clearly show that the Old Testament is not to be ignored. Its laws should indeed be adhered to, for the New Testament demands it!
    1) “For truly, I say to you, till heaven and earth pass away, not an iota, not a dot, will pass the law until all is accomplished. Whoever then relaxes one of the least of these commandments and teaches men so, shall be called least in the kingdom of heaven; but he who does them and teaches them shall be called great in the kingdom of heaven.” (Matthew 5:18-19 RSV) Clearly the Old Testament is to be abided by until the end of human existence itself. None other then Jesus said so.

2) All of the vicious Old Testament laws will be binding forever. "It is easier for Heaven and Earth to pass away than for the smallest part of the letter of the law to become invalid." (Luke 16:17 NAB)

3) Jesus strongly approves of the law and the prophets. He hasn’t the slightest objection to the cruelties of the Old Testament. "Do not think that I have come to abolish the law or the prophets. I have come not to abolish but to fulfill. Amen, I say to you, until heaven and earth pass away, not the smallest part or the smallest part of a letter will pass from the law, until all things have taken place." (Matthew 5:17 NAB)

3b) "All scripture is inspired by ? and is useful for teaching, for refutation, for correction, and for training in righteousness..." (2 Timothy 3:16 NAB)

3c) "Know this first of all, that there is no prophecy of scripture that is a matter of personal interpretation, for no prophecy ever came through human will; but rather human beings moved by the holy Spirit spoke under the influence of ? ." (2 Peter 20-21 NAB)

4) Jesus criticizes the Jews for not killing their disobedient children according to Old Testament law. Mark.7:9-13 "Whoever curses father or mother shall die" (Mark 7:10 NAB)

5) Jesus is criticized by the Pharisees for not washing his hands before eating. He defends himself by attacking them for not killing disobedient children according to the commandment: “He that curseth father or mother, let him die the death.” (Matthew 15:4-7)

6) Jesus has a punishment even worse than his father concerning adultery: ? said the act of adultery was punishable by death. Jesus says looking with ? is the same thing and you should gouge your eye out, better a part, than the whole. The punishment under Jesus is an eternity in Hell. (Matthew 5:27)

7) Peter says that all slaves should “be subject to [their] masters with all fear,” to the bad and cruel as well as the “good and gentle.” This is merely an echo of the same slavery commands in the Old Testament. 1 Peter 2:18

8) “Did not Moses give you the law, and yet none of you keepeth the law" (John7:19) and “For the law was given by Moses,..." (John 1:17).

9) “...the scripture cannot be broken.” --Jesus Christ, John 10:35

In a world in which you say the heart and mind can't be trusted, what makes you are the exception to the rule? What makes you the only one with the absolute truth?
  • maestro_lungs
    Options
    @alissowack I Use The Ten Commandments not To make a Point About no one Deserves to Die. To Make The Point that it's Not actually Followed to the Key!
  • maestro_lungs
    Options
    @Alissowack I'm not a Exception to No Rule. I Have to question everything & I Do. I'm Not the One with Absolute Truth
  • maestro_lungs
    Options
    No one can Have 100% Truth, The Same Reason You Can Disprove or Prove with a 100% there is a ? ! You can Only go with the Most Likely After Carefully Looking at The Solid Evidence
  • judahxulu
    judahxulu Members Posts: 3,988 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    this is ? as described by christians, jews & muslims, which is based on the gods who came before them. It's also the way the majority of people view ? ! Now if You Have Your Approach I Applaud You, But I'm Only Talking about The Harmful Effects of Belief & Why I Don't Believe in What We all Consider ? . Not Your Personal Custom Made ? that You Define!

im not talking about a custom made ? ? . your pigeonholing a large topic to religious re-interpretation of abrahamic culture. what then about flood stories from cultures waaay on the other ? side of the world as northeastern africa/southwestern asia for instance? overlapping spiritual concepts from people who could NEVER have met in ancient times?
  • maestro_lungs
    Options
    judahxulu wrote: »
    this is ? as described by christians, jews & muslims, which is based on the gods who came before them. It's also the way the majority of people view ? ! Now if You Have Your Approach I Applaud You, But I'm Only Talking about The Harmful Effects of Belief & Why I Don't Believe in What We all Consider ? . Not Your Personal Custom Made ? that You Define!

im not talking about a custom made ? ? . your pigeonholing a large topic to religious re-interpretation of abrahamic culture. what then about flood stories from cultures waaay on the other ? side of the world as northeastern africa/southwestern asia for instance? overlapping spiritual concepts from people who could NEVER have met in ancient times?

It Sure Sound Like You are. The Flood Stories from Cultures Were Stolen for Christian Doctrine. The Fact That these Stories Have Been Around for Years don't Make it True. The Story of Jesus, Odin & a Couple of Others are Similar, Because They were all Borrowed from each other & Adapted for Each One....Custom Made. The Belief in Gods is Older Than Christianity, But The Stories are The Same, Because There was a Time When we as Humans Told Stories to Explain ? . Such as Storks Bringing Babies, ? is Crying...Yada. Just Think about This. How Could a All Knowing ? have a Emotion?
  • judahxulu
    Options
    judahxulu wrote: »

It Sure Sound Like You are. The Flood Stories from Cultures Were Stolen for Christian Doctrine. The Fact That these Stories Have Been Around for Years don't Make it True. The Story of Jesus, Odin & a Couple of Others are Similar, Because They were all Borrowed from each other & Adapted for Each One....Custom Made. The Belief in Gods is Older Than Christianity, But The Stories are The Same, Because There was a Time When we as Humans Told Stories to Explain ? . Such as Storks Bringing Babies, ? is Crying...Yada. Just Think about This. How Could a All Knowing ? have a Emotion?

HOPIS (FOR EXAMPLE) never came across christians and christians didnt write the flood story in the bible you stupid ? . it was israelite scribes who recorded oral tradition. lol ...damn u dumb. u aint read ? , have you? the people who worshipped jesus from the jump NEVER met ant norse people ? . odin? for real? lol.... and to answer your ? question...simple. supposing it/he/she DOES have emotions, if its an all-knowing ? it can have what the ? it wants. hell you free to think and feel what you want so why wouldnt a higher order of being do what it wants?

• maestro_lungs
    Options
    You Sound Angry...Would You Like To Call me More Names ? ! Just to Help You out about the Flood, Since You Seem so Frustrated Flood stories are quite common in ancient mythologies around the world. Each of these myths arise in areas where independent local floods occurred. A world wide flood as described in Genesis never happened but like all myths it contains a small bit of truth. The flood that inspired the Babylonian story which later inspired the Bible's story was actually just a localized flood. Several ancient floods could have been the inspiration, such as rise of sea level after the ice age, but the flooding of the Nile is most likely the origin for the Mesopotamian area. Every year the Nile would flood causing destruction. The water would strip away the land but when the water receded a layer of black mud was left making it the only soil in Egypt fertile enough to plant crops, thus allowing life to begin again. Ancients referred to it as the "Gift of the Nile."

Never Meeting Norse People Has Nothing to do With Them Knowing The Stories or Hearing a Variation of the Same Story or How do You Explain The Similarities of the 20 Stories Before Jesus.....Please Read a Book
    And Thanks for Giving me The Most ? Answer... You Only Get Mad , or Sad when Something is Revealed to You (Like You seem to be) Your ? Being All Knowing & All Seeing, Wouldn't Experience the same Feeling as You, Cause Nothing would Could be Revealed to Him.....Common Sense ? !
  • maestro_lungs
    Options
    @Judahuxulu The Story of Jesus
    Horus
    "the Way, the Truth, the Life"
    Of all the savior-gods worshiped Horus may have contributed more to the story of Christ than any other figure. Inscribed about 3,500 years ago [1500 years before Jesus' alleged advent] on the walls of the Temple at Luxor were images of the Annunciation, Immaculate Conception, and Adoration of Horus. It tells of Thoth announcing to the ? Isis that she will conceive Horus; with Kneph the "Holy Ghost" impregnating the ? ; and with the birth being attended by three kings, or magi, bearing gifts. Countless parallels can be found when comparing stories of Horus to the stories of Jesus.
    in the catacombs at Rome are pictures of the baby Horus being held by the ? mother Isis - the original "Madonna and Child."

You Also Don't Seem to Know who Odin is..Other Than the Father of Favorite Comic Book Character Odin is a Norse ? , the father of Balder, and Wednesday is named after him (Wodan). He was apparently hung on a tree and pierced with a spear, as Jesus was.

Peep The Similarities Between Buddah & Jesus Both went to their temples at the age of twelve, where they are said to have astonished all with their wisdom. Both supposedly fasted in solitude for a long time: Buddha for forty–seven days and Jesus for forty. Both wandered to a fig tree at the conclusion of their fasts. Both were about the same age when they began their public ministry:

“When he [Buddha] went again to the garden he saw a monk who was calm, tranquil, self–possessed, serene, and dignified. The prince, determined to become such a monk, was led to make the great renunciation. At the time he was twenty–nine years of age… “Jesus, when he began his ministry, was about thirty years of age.” (Luke 3:23). Both were tempted by the “devil” at the beginning of their ministry: To Buddha, he said: “Go not forth to adopt a religious life but return to your kingdom, and in seven days you shall become emperor of the world, riding over the four continents.” To Jesus, he said: “All these [kingdoms of the world] I will give you, if you fall down and worship me” (Matthew 4:9). Buddha answered the “devil”: “Get you away from me.”

Jesus responded: “…begone, Satan!” (Matthew 4:10). Both strove to establish a kingdom of heaven on earth. According to the Somadeva (a Buddhist holy book), a Buddhist ascetic’s eye once offended him, so he plucked it out and cast it away. Jesus said: “If your right eye causes you to sin, pluck it out, and throw it away;.” (Matthew 5:29).

You Have Krishna According to Bhagavata Purana some believe that Krishna was born without a sexual union, by “mental transmission” from the mind of Vasudeva into the ? of Devaki, his mother. Christ and Krishna were called both ? and the Son of ? . Both were sent from heaven to earth in the form of a man. Both were called Savior, and the second person of the Trinity. Krishna’s adoptive human father was also a carpenter. A spirit or ghost was their actual father. Krishna and Jesus were of royal descent. Both were visited at birth by wise men and shepherds, guided by a star. Angels in both cases issued a warning that the local dictator planned to ? the baby and had issued a decree for his assassination. The parents fled. Mary and Joseph stayed in Muturea; Krishna’s parents stayed in Mathura. Both Christ and Krishna withdrew to the wilderness as adults, and fasted. Both were identified as “the seed of the woman bruising the serpent’s head.” Jesus was called “the lion of the tribe of Judah.” Krishna was called “the lion of the tribe of Saki.” Both claimed: “I am the Resurrection.” Both were “without sin.” Both were ? -men: being considered both human and divine. Both performed many miracles, including the healing of disease. One of the first miracles that both performed was to make a ? whole. Each cured “all manner of diseases.” Both cast out indwelling demons, and raised the dead. Both selected disciples to spread his teachings. Both were meek, and merciful. Both were criticized for associating with sinners. Both celebrated a last supper. Both forgave his enemies. Both were crucified and both were resurrected.

There's about 9 More, But Somehow The Story of Jesus is The Real one & I'm The Arrogant One
  • judahxulu
    Options
    but back to the STUPID ? you just wrote...

you know it wasnt no internet and airplanes back then right??
    Africa

Southwest Tanzania
    Once upon a time the rivers began to flood. The ? told two people to get into a ship. He told them to take lots of seed and to take lots of animals. The water of the flood eventually covered the mountains. Finally the flood stopped. Then one of the men, wanting to know if the water had dried up let a dove loose. The dove returned. Later he let loose a hawk which did not return. Then the men left the boat and took the animals and the seeds with them.
    China
    The Chinese classic called the Hihking tells about "the family of Fuhi," that was saved from a great flood. This ancient story tells that the entire land was flooded; the mountains and everything, however one family survived in a boat. The Chinese consider this man the father of their civilization. This record indicates that Fuhi, his wife, three sons, and three daughters were the only people that escaped the great flood. It is claimed, that he and his family were the only people alive on earth, and repopulated the world.

Babylon
    Gilgamesh met an old man named Utnapishtim, who told him the following story. The gods came to Utnapishtim to warn him about a terrible flood that was coming. They instructed Utnapishtim to destroy his house and build a large ship. The ship was to be 10 dozen cubits high, wide and long. Utnapishtim was to cover the ship with pitch. He was supposed to take male and female animals of all kinds, his wife and family, provisions, etc. into the ship. Once ship was completed the rain began falling intensely. The rain fell for six days and nights. Finally things calmed and the ship settled on the top of Mount Nisir. After the ship had rested for seven days Utnapishtim let loose a dove. Since the land had not dried the dove returned. Next he sent a swallow which also returned. Later he let loose a raven which never returned since the ground had dried. Utnapishtim then left the ship.

Chaldean
    There was a man by the name of Xisuthrus. The ? Chronos warned Xisuthrus of a coming flood and told him to build a boat. The boat was to be 5 stadia by 2 stadia. In this boat Xisuthrus was to put his family, friends and two of each animal (male and female). The flood came. When the waters started to recede he let some birds loose. They came back and he noticed they had mud on their feet. He tried again with the same results. When he tried the third time the birds did not return. Assuming the water had dried up the people got out of the boat and offered sacrifices to the gods.

India
    A long time ago lived a man named Manu. Manu, while washing himself, saved a small fish from the jaws of a large fish. The fish told Manu, "If you care for me until I am full grown I will save you from terrible things to come". Manu asked what kind of terrible things. The fish told Manu that a great flood would soon come and destroy everything on the earth. The fish told Manu to put him in a clay jar for protection. The fish grew and each time he outgrew the clay jar Manu gave him a larger one. Finally the fish became a ghasha, one of the largest fish in the world. The fish instructed Manu to build a large ship since the flood was going to happen very soon. As the rains started Manu tied a rope from the ship to the ghasha. The fish guided the ship as the waters rose. The whole earth was covered by water. When the waters began subsiding the ghasha led Manu's ship to a mountaintop.

Australia

There is a legend of a flood called the Dreamtime flood. Riding on this flood was the woramba, or the Ark Gumana. In this ark was Noah, Aborigines, and various animals. This ark eventually came to rest in the plain of Djilinbadu where it can still be found. They claim that the white mans story about the ark landing in the middle east is a lie that was started to keep the aborigines in subservience. This legend is undoubtedly the product of aboriginal legends merging with those of visiting missionaries, and there does not appear to be any native flood stories from Australia.

Europe

Greece
    A long time ago, perhaps before the golden age was over, humans became proud. This bothered Zeus as they kept getting worse. Finally Zeus decided that he would destroy all humans. Before he did this Prometheus, the creator of humans, warned his human son Deucalion and his wife Pyrrha. Prometheus then placed this couple in a large wooden chest. The rains started and lasted nine days and nights until the whole world was flooded. The only thing that was not flooded was the peaks of Mount Parnassus and Mount Olympus. Mount Olympus is the home of the gods. The wooden chest came to rest on Mount Parnassus. Deucalion and his wife Pyrrha got out and saw that everything was flooded. They lived on provisions from the chest until the waters subsided. At Zeus' instruction they re-populated the earth.

North America

Mexico
    The Toltec natives have a legend telling that the original creation lasted for 1716 years, and was destroyed by a flood and only one family survived.

Aztec- A man named Tapi lived a long time ago. Tapi was a very pious man. The creator told Tapi to build a boat that he would live in. He was told that he should take his wife, a pair of every animal that was alive into this boat. Naturally everyone thought he was crazy. Then the rain started and the flood came. The men and animals tried to climb the mountains but the mountains became flooded as well. Finally the rain ended. Tapi decided that the water had dried up when he let a dove loose that did not return.

United States
    The Ojibwe natives who have lived in Minnesota USA since approximately 1400AD also have a creation and flood story that closely parallels the Biblical account. "There came a time when the harmonious way of life did not continue. Men and women disrespected each other, families quarreled and soon villages began arguing back and forth. This saddened Gitchie Manido [the Creator] greatly, but he waited. Finally, when it seemed there was no hope left, Creator decided to purify Mother Earth through the use of water. The water came, flooding the Earth, catching all of creation off guard. All but a few of each living thing survived." Then it tells how Waynaboozhoo survived by floating on a log in the water with various animals.
    Ojibwe - Ancient native American creation story tells of world wide flood.

Delaware Indians - In the pristine age, the world lived at peace; but an evil spirit came and caused a great flood. The earth was submerged. A few persons had taken refuge on the back of a turtle, so old that his shell had collected moss. A loon flew over their heads and was entreated to dive beneath the water and bring up land. It found only a bottomless sea. Then the bird flew far away, came back with a small portion of earth in its bill, and guided the tortoise to a place where there was a spot of dry land.

Inca
    During the period of time called the Pachachama people became very evil. They got so busy coming up with and performing evil deeds they neglected the gods. Only those in the high Andes remained uncorrupted. Two brothers who lived in the highlands noticed their llamas acting strangely. They asked the llamas why and were told that the stars had told the llamas that a great flood was coming. This flood would destroy all the life on earth. The brothers took their families and flocks into a cave on the high mountains. It started to rain and continued for four months. As the water rose the mountain grew keeping its top above the water. Eventually the rain stopped and the waters receded. The mountain returned to its original height. The shepherds repopulated the earth. The llamas remembered the flood and that is why they prefer to live in the highland areas.

over 35 cultures with flood stories in all. explain that scientifically.
  • maestro_lungs
    Options
    With All Those Flood Stories...You Just Named, What is Your Reason for Thinking The Bible Flood is a True Literal Story?
  • maestro_lungs
    Options
    @Judahxulu What Are You Talking About No Internets & Airplanes Back Then, What Made You Say that Goofy ? ?

Far as Explaining The Floods Scientifically, Why I Thought I Address This Flood stories are quite common in ancient mythologies around the world. Each of these myths arise in areas where independent local floods occurred. You Explain Why They are Similar to The Bible & Some of Them Pre Date the Bible! Let's Deal with the One You Seem to Believe & Work From There! Don't Think it Skipped me That You're Ignoring My Questions.
  • VIBE
    Options
    You Sound Angry...Would You Like To Call me More Names ? ! Just to Help You out about the Flood, Since You Seem so Frustrated Flood stories are quite common in ancient mythologies around the world. Each of these myths arise in areas where independent local floods occurred. A world wide flood as described in Genesis never happened but like all myths it contains a small bit of truth. The flood that inspired the Babylonian story which later inspired the Bible's story was actually just a localized flood. Several ancient floods could have been the inspiration, such as rise of sea level after the ice age, but the flooding of the Nile is most likely the origin for the Mesopotamian area. Every year the Nile would flood causing destruction. The water would strip away the land but when the water receded a layer of black mud was left making it the only soil in Egypt fertile enough to plant crops, thus allowing life to begin again. Ancients referred to it as the "Gift of the Nile."

Never Meeting Norse People Has Nothing to do With Them Knowing The Stories or Hearing a Variation of the Same Story or How do You Explain The Similarities of the 20 Stories Before Jesus.....Please Read a Book
    And Thanks for Giving me The Most ? Answer... You Only Get Mad , or Sad when Something is Revealed to You (Like You seem to be) Your ? Being All Knowing & All Seeing, Wouldn't Experience the same Feeling as You, Cause Nothing would Could be Revealed to Him.....Common Sense ? !

Very true, localized floods. But they were floods of big proportions, just not "world wide", but to the people it would seem like it was a world wide flood.
  • VIBE
    Options
    Where are their approximate locations? (the cultures of the stories)
  • judahxulu
    Options
    Where are their approximate locations? (the cultures of the stories)
    every continent excluding antarctica although it was charted on ancient maps