The Official 2012-2013 College Football Thread

Options

Comments

• smittysmith
    smittysmith Members Posts: 8,202 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2013
    Options
    Nola.com: LSU RB Jeremy Hill punched victim from behind, celebrated, police report says
    quote:

Crouch watched a video provided by witness Casey Franz, who recorded the incident on his cell phone. In the report, Crouch says the video clearly shows Baldridge get up off the ground and walk away from the two suspects. Hill then punched Baldridge behind the left ear and Baldridge was then punched again by the second suspect, Crouch said in the report.

Hill and the second man can be seen in the video giving each other high fives and flaunting in front of Baldridge, the report says. The video operator can be heard saying "Jeremy Hill punching people."

Yea, we can cancel this ? .
  • Knock_Twice
    Knock_Twice Members Posts: 4,324 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Was this incident in the same place Jordan incident took place at last year? in Tiger Town
  • Knock_Twice
    Knock_Twice Members Posts: 4,324 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Nola.com: LSU RB Jeremy Hill punched victim from behind, celebrated, police report says
    quote:

Crouch watched a video provided by witness Casey Franz, who recorded the incident on his cell phone. In the report, Crouch says the video clearly shows Baldridge get up off the ground and walk away from the two suspects. Hill then punched Baldridge behind the left ear and Baldridge was then punched again by the second suspect, Crouch said in the report.

Hill and the second man can be seen in the video giving each other high fives and flaunting in front of Baldridge, the report says. The video operator can be heard saying "Jeremy Hill punching people."

Yea, we can cancel this ? .

This dude I read missed his signing day becuz of something he got himself involved in...

When will these dudes learn..that them white folks don't give 2 ? about them on that campus...smh..I think Blue will have a breakout year...if he can stay healthy....
  • smittysmith
    smittysmith Members Posts: 8,202 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Was this incident in the same place Jordan incident took place at last year? in Tiger Town

Yea, with everything thats happened in the last 3 years i anticipate he'll be made an example of and players will be on a short leash in the future.
  • greenwood1921
    greenwood1921 Members Posts: 47,115 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Another sobering example of why not to get too hyped about recruits.

Top QB recruits of 2010...

ZXWUNNW.jpg

Belldozer and Bray are the only ones that did work.

Bell prolly got more TDs than all of em with 0 starts. lol
  • caddo man
    caddo man Members Posts: 22,476 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Robert Bolden will graduate a back up too. Remember he started for Penn State for some games.

Zach Lee was actually going to start out the gate for LSU but he got drafted with like a hundred thousand dollar bonus.

Chase Rettig is a pretty good QB. little brother is being redshirted on LSU.

Nick Montana will be starting next season.

Brunetti is a RB/WR type dude now.
  • goodlookinout
    goodlookinout Members Posts: 5,302 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Zach Lee gone be with the Dodgers by seasons end
  • greenwood1921
    Options
    Interesting Yahoo article about NEXT years best draft prospects...

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/top-5-qbs-rbs-2014-161041779--nfl.html

Surprised by this one...

RUNNING BACKS
    1. Damien Williams, Oklahoma – Williams was a junior college transfer last year who has big-play ability. Williams is a running back with great size who also has the ability to catch the ball out of the back field.

#1 RB prospect? Not surprised because he definitely has NFL skill set, but he got absolutely ZERO pub last year despite having a great year.

I guess Kenny Vacarro going so high helped Damien's stock...

sooooners.gif

Thanks Kenny!
  • infamous114
    infamous114 Members, Moderators Posts: 52,202 Regulator
    edited May 2013
    Options
    Barry Jackson ‏@flasportsbuzz 1m

Booker T. Washington star linebacker Matthew Thomas wants release from FSU scholarship http://hrld.us/12LzQPP

In early Feb, Thomas left UM believing he would sign with UM. He knows he can't now since FSU wouldn't release him to another ACC school.#UM

Hilarious lol. He wants to head to either Georgia or USC.
  • Livefromclayco
    Livefromclayco Members Posts: 14,074 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Texas-Alamo-Bowl-Rings.jpg

I guess everybody gets a ring now huh??

denzelcant.gif
  • greenwood1921
    edited May 2013
    Options
    Even tho that's texass (where fuckery is born) bowl game rings are pretty common and acceptable.

Rings should be limited to Championships and Bowl games.

Not "random achievements" like "10 wins" or "best jerseys" or "nobody got injured yesterday", etc.

• Livefromclayco
    Options
    Barry Jackson ‏@flasportsbuzz 1m

Booker T. Washington star linebacker Matthew Thomas wants release from FSU scholarship http://hrld.us/12LzQPP

In early Feb, Thomas left UM believing he would sign with UM. He knows he can't now since FSU wouldn't release him to another ACC school.#UM

Hilarious lol. He wants to head to either Georgia or USC.

If he knew what was better for him he'd come up the road to Athens but he'll probably end up at USC

• bgoat
    bgoat Members Posts: 4,339 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    He probably won't end up at any of the places he wants to go.

We may block him from going to the SEC and USC. Send that ? to USF or FIU.
  • Livefromclayco
    Options
  • BDBIID
    BDBIID Members Posts: 18,803 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I think Matt Thomas would chose GA now if he allowed out his LOI. It's probably the compromise he came up with w/ moms. She didn't want him all the way in LA originally.

• greenwood1921
    edited May 2013
    Options
    allday1992 wrote: »
    cUzhCdQ.gif

Adrian Peterson offseason workout program.

Damn shame he gotta wear a costume. NBA ? don't have to wear a mask at the rucker.
  • caddo man
    Options
    cUzhCdQ.gif
    Where is this from?
  • bgoat
    bgoat Members Posts: 4,339 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • G.Avant
    G.Avant Members, Writer Posts: 4,360 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Jeff Driskel for Heisman!!
  • infamous114
    infamous114 Members, Moderators Posts: 52,202 Regulator
    Options
    G.Avant wrote: »
    Jeff Driskel for Heisman!!

/Waits for AllDay1992 to respond
  • Livefromclayco
    Options
    Jeff Driskel is definitely a Heisman contender.

Once the voters see his clutch decision making ability
    DownGoesDriskel.jpg

And his ability to take a hit
    509099b589e38.image.jpg

The decision should be easy for the voters

#Driskel4Heisman
  • Livefromclayco
    Options
    So they've had the best team in college football," Stoops said. "They haven't had the whole conference. Because, again, half of 'em haven't done much at all. I'm just asking you. You tell me."

http://www.tulsaworld.com/article.aspx/John_Hoover_SECs_myth_trumps_its_reality_Stoops_says/20130507_29_B1_TheSou441551?rss_lnk=92

Interesting
  • G.Avant
    G.Avant Members, Writer Posts: 4,360 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Jeff Driskel is definitely a Heisman contender.

Once the voters see his clutch decision making ability
    DownGoesDriskel.jpg

And his ability to take a hit
    509099b589e38.image.jpg

The decision should be easy for the voters

#Driskel4Heisman

Good to see that we're on the same page finally #Driskel4Heisman it is
  • greenwood1921
    Options
    So they've had the best team in college football," Stoops said. "They haven't had the whole conference. Because, again, half of 'em haven't done much at all. I'm just asking you. You tell me."

http://www.tulsaworld.com/article.aspx/John_Hoover_SECs_myth_trumps_its_reality_Stoops_says/20130507_29_B1_TheSou441551?rss_lnk=92

Interesting

Aight, y'all got me. My covers blown.

I'm actually Bob Stoops.

LoL
  • caddo man
    Options
    Suspended LSU running back Jeremy Hill appeared Tuesday before State District Judge Bonnie Jackson for approximately five minutes and received additional provisions to his existing probation.

Hill, who was arrested April 27 after punching a man at local bar, must now adhere to a curfew between 9 p.m.-6 a.m., stay out of bars and also undergo a substance abuse evaluation and follow any recommended treatment.

Assistant District Attorney Sue Bernie said prosecutors are still gathering information on the case but expects to file for Hill's probation to be revoked which would result in the sophomore running back spending six months in jail.

Hill is scheduled to return to court Aug. 16 for a review of his case.

Hill was placed on two years probation after pleading guilty to a misdemeanor charge of carnal knowledge of a juvenile which carried a suspended six-month jail sentence.